PDA

View Full Version : Quick question on Opticen.

3pack
11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
I noticed other PWO drinks usually have higher carbs and lower protien, but this one is higher protien vs carbs. Why is that?

I tried searching for that particular topic, but didn't see it.

Thanks.

getb1g
11-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I would also think carbs should be higher. Lets see what Chris Mason says.

chris mason
11-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Strength athletes don't need as many carbs as you see in other products specifically relative to a PWO shake. The studies those products reference for proof that their formula is good are based upon endurance activities.

With that said, we will be reformulating Opticen soon to make it an even better PWO product and will up the carbs a touch (not a lot mind you!).

Opticen, as it sits (and I think vanilla is the best flavor :thumbup: ) is one of the best PWO products you can get if you are a resistance trained individual.

Chris

3pack
11-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for that. I also have smaller shake pre workout and I always wondered since I already 50 grams carbs and some protien pre-workout if having so many carbs post workout were as important.

Unreal
11-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Also quality carbs are cheap and easy to get. Quality protein isn't nearly as cheap and easy to obtain. If you want more carbs mix it with any of the 1000s of carb options.

3pack
11-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I realize that, but I was looking more for a reason and he he gave it.

FireRescue
12-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Chris,
When might the new formulation of Opticen be available? Do you know what changes of the carb profile will take place?

Thank you.

chris mason
12-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Chris,
When might the new formulation of Opticen be available? Do you know what changes of the carb profile will take place?

Thank you.

We will probably release it sometime in early January. The carbs will be raised roughly 10g.

Chris

Itsnotaboutme
12-23-2007, 08:54 AM
What exactly does opticen do?

chris mason
12-23-2007, 11:20 AM
What exactly does opticen do?

It is used either as a meal replacement or as an excellent PWO shake (much better than any protein only supplement for that purpose). Opticen is protein, carbs, fats, and various vitamins and minerals.

You can read more about it here: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/post_workout_nutrition.php