PDA

View Full Version : "Whoosh" Effect

Ritzol
11-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Is anyone familiar with this??

Where one will diet for a period of time without significant weight loss and then they notice one day, it just seems to be gone?

Interesting..

bjohnso
11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
I noticed last night I looked pretty lean, but usually look like a blob. I don't know if that's what you are talking about.

Cirino83
11-09-2007, 09:49 AM
I thought you were talking about my jump shot.

The effect you speak of is probably because you see yourself everyday and then one day you remember where you started, or some ****.. I have no idea...

Ritzol
11-09-2007, 09:52 AM
I'm sure someone will be able to explain the science behind it, but no.. there's more to it than simply seeing yourself everyday... I have noticed this in others as well.

and I'm not referring to a few lbs of water that may vary from day to day. I'm talking about cutting, losing no scale weight over a significant period of time despite diet and exercise and then all of a sudden you're down like 8lbs

Con
11-09-2007, 09:56 AM
Lyle does some theoretical wanking on his board. Something to do with water shifts, and what not, usually triggered by dry carb loads, and possibly some alcohol for dehydration pruposes.

Believe he said it happens in women quite a bit since its harder for get things moving for females. After a few weeks with seemingly no difference, they will say screw the diet, eat and wake up with noticable physique differences.

Again, this is all from memory. Check out BR.com.

Unreal
11-09-2007, 10:18 AM
I have noticed this. I was hovering at 212-213 for 7-8 days straight. Morning weight, after restroom was always within a lb. Then one day I hop on the scale and was 209.5.

arnoldsclone
11-09-2007, 10:26 AM
Is anyone familiar with this??

Where one will diet for a period of time without significant weight loss and then they notice one day, it just seems to be gone?

Interesting..

i totally notice what you are talking about at least 1 time every 2 weeks for me. one day I'll look fat in my eyes or not defined at all, and then the next morning I'll get ready to go in the shower and "woosh" I look like a defined beast lol! I don't get it either.