PDA

View Full Version : Wholemeal bread and Green Tea

Nightmare
03-11-2002, 05:07 AM
1) Hi, I recently bought some wholemeal bread and it's pretty good stuff that's high in protein and fibre. However, it tastes alot better when toasted, and filling with 2 slices of low fat melted cheese easily packs a good, healthy meal. But by TOASTING the wholemeal bread till it's cripsy, will doing that cause the protein/fibre/vitamins it originally had to be 'destroyed'?

2) For Green Tea, what kind of sugars are in it? Is it 'good' sugar?

Thanks in advance!

Sebi
03-11-2002, 05:12 AM
Hi, I recently bought some wholemeal bread and it's pretty good stuff that's high in protein and fibre. However, it tastes alot better when toasted, and filling with 2 slices of low fat melted cheese easily packs a good, healthy meal. But by TOASTING the wholemeal bread till it's cripsy, will doing that cause the protein/fibre/vitamins it originally had to be 'destroyed'? Some of the vitamins will be "destroyed", yes.
For Green Tea, what kind of sugars are in it? Is it 'good' sugar? There is no sugar in green tea.

Nightmare
03-11-2002, 05:18 AM
Thanks, but what about the protein and fibre? Will it still be there after toasting?

The green tea I'm refering to are those can drinks. Maybe that's where the sugar are from (it's stated in the nutrition stats)

the doc
03-11-2002, 05:32 AM
yes it will be there. the part that is brown will be unusable though
but it tastes good so have another slice@!

Tryska
03-11-2002, 06:40 AM
yeah...brew your own green tea...those canned ones are usually sweeted with high fructose corn syrup among other things. not good at all.

Sebi
03-11-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
yeah...brew your own green tea...those canned ones are usually sweeted with high fructose corn syrup among other things.:eek:Are they? WOW! What a fake green tea do you have over there?! Never have drunk it with sugar. You are right, Tryska. Not good at all.

Tryska
03-11-2002, 08:27 AM
green tea designed to jump on the "anti-oxidant" bandwagon, yet appease the typical american palate. :rolleyes:

actually it constantly surprises me how so many people can't drink just plain water. they gotta have soda or juice or whatever. i find that strange.

Sebi
03-11-2002, 08:44 AM
Tryska-
Good point.

Maki Riddington
03-11-2002, 09:25 AM
** Sips on a mug of green tea as he reads this**