PDA

View Full Version : Cheap shake replacement for maximus?

mickyjune26
11-10-2007, 11:19 PM
I really like Maximus, but it's a little expensive for me right now. Anyone have ideas for a cheaper alternative shake? sometime homemade?

Maybe I should blend some of my whole wheat pancake mix with my peanut butter and milk in a blender?

mikey4402
11-11-2007, 12:48 AM
how cheap?

You could just add pb,oats, olive oil,milk to your whey protien shake

mickyjune26
11-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Mikey - it's good to hear from you again ...so if I remember right, you're not really big on the journal thing?

What is your diet like, being 20 pounds bigger than me?

mickyjune26
11-11-2007, 10:23 AM
oats would work, but a whole cup of dry oats only has 8g fiber. is there anything else that doesn't expand as much as oats, but has more fiber...and could be ground up into a shake?

just throwing around some thoughts here.

mickyjune26
11-11-2007, 10:25 AM
whole wheat pancake mix has a lot of fiber. heck, could just throw in whole wheat flour...but would have to play it out to see if it would give digestive problems.

That's probably the tradeoff of not spending money on proven Maximus. Maximus doesn't make you bloat like raw foods will when eaten in the quantities to match the carbs in maximus.

mickyjune26
11-11-2007, 10:35 AM
oh man, i just hand-stirred a shake with 1 cup whole wheat pancake mix, 1 cup milk and 3 TB of honey. It was the sweetest, chunkiest, nastiest shake I've ever made....except that tuna shake I made once.

On the other hand, i could just down it in a few seconds, instead of trying to eat a giant -ass wheat pancake.

now let's see how it treats the stomach.

...tick...tock...

getb1g
11-11-2007, 11:08 AM
click the link in my sig. I gained 8 lbs in 4 weeks drinking it daily.
Adding extra stuff to it like ice cream, nutella, or anything tasty is good too.