PDA

View Full Version : ?cal./fat/carb/pro?

slovadon13
11-12-2007, 12:15 PM
Alright for the first time in my life Im going to start counting these numbers to actually see what Im taking in.I ultimately want to keep putting on muscle while losing fat.So can I get some suggestions?

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-12-2007, 02:02 PM
I ultimately want to keep putting on muscle while losing fat.So can I get some suggestions?That's not gonna happen...and it's something you shouldn't focus on at this point in time because it's incredibly hard to achieve.

Please read everything here ~> http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=99119

If you have any questions after reading all that, then come back and make a thread.

Slim Schaedle
11-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Alright for the first time in my life Im going to start counting these numbers to actually see what Im taking in.I ultimately want to keep putting on muscle while losing fat.So can I get some suggestions?

Set yourself at a given numerical intake and stay there for a while.

See what happens (gain/lose weight)

If nothing happens then you have successfuflly tested your maintenance.

Take it from there accorrdingly.

In my oinion, going from the no-count guess-and-check method to actually keeping track can do some crazy things, so you have to test things to figure out your body.

slovadon13
11-12-2007, 02:17 PM
That's not gonna happen...and it's something you shouldn't focus on at this point in time because it's incredibly hard to achieve.

Even though I am really fat?So does that mean I would eventually get to a plateau and just stay there?I just want to get down to normal bf for someone of my height.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Your main focus should be keeping your protein high and lifting short and heavy while in a caloric deficit. If you keep your focus on the whole "gaining muscle while burning fat" thing, you're going to go cross-eyed. Just try and lose the weight, man. Don't complicate it. Read the link I gave you so you can get a better understanding of certain basic principles.

Unreal
11-12-2007, 03:50 PM
If your really fat then focus on getting lean enough to be happy. Once your there you can readjust your goals. Fat people who focus on adding tons of muscle normally stay fat people. When I was a fatty McFat I didn't care about muscle, just losing the fat. Once I got skinny enough I focused on building the muscle.