PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my cut diet

arnoldsclone
11-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I have been staying at the same weight during my "cut" now for the last month and a half and it's disheartening. I'm stuck at 210 lbs and I'm trying to get down to drumroll please 190 lbs so I can actually not have a belly! I'm pretty happy though as I was up to 255 lbs 6 months ago.

here's what I eat to the "t" every day lol,

meal 1 ( 1030 am)- whole wheat bagel (lenders 5 grams fibre 8 grams protein!) with 2 tbsp peanut butter and a 14 g protein serving of cottage cheese. - 30 grams protein

meal 2 ( 130 pm)- 1 whole can of tuna white albacore, 2 slices whole wheat bread, mustard salt and pepper to season it. - 30 grams protein

meal 3 (4 pm)- 5 hard boiled eggs, 2 yolks, a banana.- 30 grams protein

meal 4(630pm)- i pbj on whole wheat 2 tbsp peanut butter. 8 grams protein

meal 5 (after the gym, so 10pm) - this is the only meal that isn't the same every day lol, it can vary from 2 turkey burger patties, onions and chopped tomatoes (about 55 grams protein, minimal carbs), to 2 chicken breasts with mixed veggies ( 50-70 grams protein, minimal carbs), or 2 tilapia filets with mixed veggies (40-50 grams protein min carbs), or a top round steak with mixed veggies (50-60 grams protein min carbs), or i have like 6 eggs 2 yolks and mixed veggies.

so that's 50 grams protein per meal for my pwo meal. so 98 grams(meals 1 -4) plus 50 is 150 grams of protein daily ( not as much as i thought, gotta get more protein in meal 4)

I work 1130-8pm so that's why my schedule is weird.

how does this look to you guys............ any suggestions??:bang:

Unreal
11-12-2007, 03:45 PM
So basically all we know is your getting 150g of protein a day. Too bad it is calories that matter. Whats your daily calorie intake? If your maintaining on the current cals, then you got two options. Cut them more, or try a refeed to get your metabolism going again.

arnoldsclone
11-12-2007, 04:16 PM
So basically all we know is your getting 150g of protein a day. Too bad it is calories that matter. Whats your daily calorie intake? If your maintaining on the current cals, then you got two options. Cut them more, or try a refeed to get your metabolism going again.

I'll figure out the numbers and post em tomorrow. a refeed? never heard of it what's that(sounds like going on a bulk diet for a lil while)??

Unreal
11-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Basically just a scheduled overeat.

arnoldsclone
11-21-2007, 12:13 PM
alright everyone who wants to help me lol, here's the breakdown of what I'm eating

1704 cals daily
57 grams fat
156 grams carbs
163 grams protein (all whole foods)

the percentages are 30 % fat, 31% carbs, 39 % protein

I am staying at 210 lbs for the past 2 months on this diet, i figure it would be good enough to cut on......but my lifts are improving and I am looking leaner...........lemme know what you think

Con
11-21-2007, 12:21 PM
the percentages are 30 % fat, 31% carbs, 39 % protein

Percentages dont matter.

I am staying at 210 lbs for the past 2 months on this diet, i figure it would be good enough to cut on......but my lifts are improving and I am looking leaner...........lemme know what you think

Think of what? You seem to be making progress, so either change things up in an attempt to optimize things, or contiue until gains stall.

Personlly though, I dont see a reason to change.

arnoldsclone
11-21-2007, 01:58 PM
Percentages dont matter.

Think of what? You seem to be making progress, so either change things up in an attempt to optimize things, or contiue until gains stall.

Personlly though, I dont see a reason to change.

i want to lean out and drop like 1-1.5 lbs a week,i have staying at 210 lbs for the past 2 months......i thought this would be few enough cals, where should i go from here??tia

Unreal
11-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Well if your maintaining on 1700 cals you have two choices. Drop 500 cals a day to goto 1200 cals to get your 1lb a week, or figure out how you screwed up your metabolism so bad that you need to eat that little. Odds are being that low for several months has killed your metabolism so option 2 would be bump up your cals for a week or two and then start again. There is no way a 210lb male should be maintaining on 1700 cals.

That or your calorie counting is messed up. Just adding up the cals from what you posted I get ~2000 and that is without knowing anything about your last meal. I would say odds are your eating a lot more then 1700. Probably more in the range of 2200-2400.

arnoldsclone
11-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Well if your maintaining on 1700 cals you have two choices. Drop 500 cals a day to goto 1200 cals to get your 1lb a week, or figure out how you screwed up your metabolism so bad that you need to eat that little. Odds are being that low for several months has killed your metabolism so option 2 would be bump up your cals for a week or two and then start again. There is no way a 210lb male should be maintaining on 1700 cals.

That or your calorie counting is messed up. Just adding up the cals from what you posted I get ~2000 and that is without knowing anything about your last meal. I would say odds are your eating a lot more then 1700. Probably more in the range of 2200-2400.

i feel you, i think i really screwed up my metabolism when i whent from 298 lbs to where i am now, i used to eat nothing but protein shakes 6 times daily and a multi vitamin, that's how i dropped the weight sooo fast. The cals are all accurate, i added it all up on fit day. I think I'll try cutting out the carbs and see what happens??

Unreal
11-21-2007, 02:43 PM
I would work on getting your hormone and throid levels back to reasonable instead of cutting more calories. If you need to eat 1200 cals a day to lose now, what are you going to do when you stall there? Drop to 700 cals?

arnoldsclone
11-21-2007, 03:04 PM
I would work on getting your hormone and throid levels back to reasonable instead of cutting more calories. If you need to eat 1200 cals a day to lose now, what are you going to do when you stall there? Drop to 700 cals?

true true, what cal level do you think i should go to and for how long??

Maj. Office Gut
11-27-2007, 11:38 PM
I'm still learning but wouln't the 156g carbs be a bit much. Wouldn't he be able to cut better using 50-60g of carbs? My apologies if this is a dumb question.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-27-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm still learning but wouln't the 156g carbs be a bit much. Wouldn't he be able to cut better using 50-60g of carbs? My apologies if this is a dumb question.No, that wouldn't be better. There's nothing wrong with 156 grams of carbs.

deeder
11-27-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm still learning but wouln't the 156g carbs be a bit much. Wouldn't he be able to cut better using 50-60g of carbs? My apologies if this is a dumb question.

Not really... I don't know about others, but I am a zombie on 100g of carbs a day. I get 300-400 a day right now but I'm just maintaining...

OP, I am about 210lbs and maintaining on around 3500 calories a day. I'd do a major refeed (eat anything and everything in sight for a day or two) then bump your calories to about 2500 a day. I'd suggest aiming for about 200g protein, 100g fat and 200g carbs.

That would give you >1g of protein per lb of lean body mass and >.5g of protein per lb of lean bodymass. If you don't want to eat 200 grams of carbs then lower that and eat more protein or fat.

You can PM me if you have any questions.

arnoldsclone
11-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Not really... I don't know about others, but I am a zombie on 100g of carbs a day. I get 300-400 a day right now but I'm just maintaining...

OP, I am about 210lbs and maintaining on around 3500 calories a day. I'd do a major refeed (eat anything and everything in sight for a day or two) then bump your calories to about 2500 a day. I'd suggest aiming for about 200g protein, 100g fat and 200g carbs.

That would give you >1g of protein per lb of lean body mass and >.5g of protein per lb of lean bodymass. If you don't want to eat 200 grams of carbs then lower that and eat more protein or fat.

You can PM me if you have any questions.

thanks a bunch for the advice, i am going to try doing thatand see how it goes, I'll keep you all posted....