PDA

View Full Version : 225 Bench PR

thalakos84
11-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Finally, after three years of on and off lifting, I hit 225 on bench! I'm 9 weeks into Bill Starr's 5x5 and it's coming along nicely. Progression of weights and keeping records have helped me focus on my goals. I just needed a plan. I've also hit some new rep PR's in squatting and DLing. I think my rowing is a little behind though. What do you guys think?
As of week 9....
Bench: 195x5
Row: 137x5
Squat: 237x5
Dead: 248x5

Too imbalanced?

Darracq
11-13-2007, 07:36 AM
looks pretty balanced to me.
If you use pretty good form on row then i think they are fine, i dont do them much myself, i do more chins and pull ups, i have been doing a lot of chest supported row though.

Guido
11-13-2007, 09:38 AM
If you focused more on the "on" than the "off" in your on and off lifting, you probably would have reached your goal a hell of alot quicker. BTW, I think your squats and deads should be a lot higher than your bench, so I'd work on those more.

deeder
11-13-2007, 09:53 AM
Get working on your squat and deadlift! Congrats on the PR though!

thalakos84
11-13-2007, 06:47 PM
If you focused more on the "on" than the "off" in your on and off lifting, you probably would have reached your goal a hell of alot quicker. BTW, I think your squats and deads should be a lot higher than your bench, so I'd work on those more.

Noted. In my other topic I mentioned my hip pain. It only began as of recently, so I'm not so sure it's flexibility as some have noted. It's deep in my hip and happens when my femur becomes perpendicular to my torso. I know I can get more weight out of my deads and squats. I'm very cautious to aggitate it any further though. But yes, my numbers are slightly disproportionate.

As for on-again-off-again, that's why I'm crediting this program. It gives realistic and tangible goals. I can visualize weeks out, and feel confident about where it's taking me. Is it just me or is training an on-going study of oneself?

VikingWarlord
11-18-2007, 10:56 AM
Noted. In my other topic I mentioned my hip pain. It only began as of recently, so I'm not so sure it's flexibility as some have noted. It's deep in my hip and happens when my femur becomes perpendicular to my torso.

I've had the IDENTICAL issue for about 5 weeks or so. Squat wider than normal one day, hit parallel, hip pops, pain galore. It's a major league PITA.

Does your hip hurt when you raise your knee up or only when your feet are on the floor and putting pressure on it?

thalakos84
11-23-2007, 05:31 PM
My hip hurts when I squat AND when I lift my leg. Sucks. I've been off for two weeks now. It feels a little better. Also, I'm sleeping a little better and my mood is better. I think a break was in order.