PDA

View Full Version : One Year Down the Track

Naff
11-14-2007, 06:51 AM
Alrighty, this is my first post (no wait, second) on this forums so I'm a newbie fellow. Anyway, I thought here would be a good place to start...

So this is me a year and a half ago... I would've been around 60kg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Nath015/youaregoing2hell/11112.jpg

So I worked hard for 18 months and bulked up about 15kgs. Heres what I've come up with...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/Nath015/youaregoing2hell/001.jpg
http://i5.tinypic.com/6x9sb52.jpg

My routine is basically a 3-way split which I do twice a week (first split high weight low rep, second time around low weight high rep).

So it goes:
Monday: Back and biceps (heavy sets)
Tuesday: Chest and triceps (heavy sets)
Wednesday: Legs, glutes, shoulders and abs (heavy sets)
Thursday: Back and bis (light sets)
Friday: Chest and tris (light sets)
Saturday: Legs, glutes, shoulders and abs (light sets)
Sunday: REST!!!!

Uh... Yeah, I'm trying to think of anything else I need to tell you but my mind is a blank, haha.

Cards
11-14-2007, 09:14 AM
Your routine sucks, change that. check out the premades. I see little progress for a year and a half (not trying to be mean). What are your goals and you need to eat ALOT more and fix that routine.

Edit: Fix those and you will make way more progress :thumbup:

Shark
11-14-2007, 10:45 AM
You look bigger and thicker, I think you've made solid progress. I agree that your routine isn't very good. Try the WBB routine and start uping your cals a bit.

Nice work!

sensAZN
11-14-2007, 05:47 PM
nuff said

Naff
11-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Without trying to sound like an ignorant idiot (or as little like it as possible), what is the problem with that program? Am I over working or underworking or out of balance?

All days I do are built around compound lifts (for example, back exercises are limited to deadlifts, wide grip chinups, upright rows and their variations). I try to stay away from as much isolation work as possible.

It works for me and it makes sense (to me, haha) but there might be something I have overlooked completely that I'm doing terribly wrong.

As far as carbs go, I'm a typical poor college student- I can't really afford heaps of food and I'm not a big fan of supplements (though I'm willing to convert if someone is a smooth talker :p)

Sorry to sound so close minded, much thanks to anyone who can shed some light for me :)

Herandi
11-15-2007, 03:13 AM
you have definately made some good progress, although i do agree with cards in that you could have put on more weight in that time, but well done nonetheless.

You are working out 6 days in a row, which is way too much for most people. Although i don't know how much volume you're doing on these days, how can you expect your body to recover, repair, and grow if it's not getting enough rest? I think you will have better results with a premade routine. Good luck :thumbup:

Shark
11-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Your routine has worked pretty well for you so far and a 30 pound gain is great progress! That being said I think you're overtraining and that you could be lifitng with a better routine. Check out the WBB routines or Builts BGB routine for some pre-made ideas.

Also, have you ever heard of Top Ramen? Don't tell me you can't afford more carbs when that **** is 10/dollar. I don't think you need supplements you just need to up your total cals a little higher. You can find a way to make it work.

Cards
11-15-2007, 11:25 AM
K now I feel like I was an *******, you've made progress man. I just think for a year and a half time if you change your routine ( to much volume not enough rest ) and eat more you would see an increase in progress. Then again I'm basing this off personal experience and your pictures. Your beginning picture is kinda dark and at a weird angle.
Pick and of the premades on this site, I personally recommend WBB 1.1, I used it as well as many others here and had great success.

Mike G
11-15-2007, 05:40 PM
I've done the same routine you are and made really nice gains. I've made better gains following a routine with less total volume though. You've made nice gains, but less than a kg a month is slow progress. But (and this is the key), if you are happy with your gains and think your program is the best for you, keep doing it. If you have any doubts, try another split for your next semester of college (if you have semesters). You might be shocked with the results and at the very least you will learn more about how you respond to different splits.

I really think you've done a nice job of adding muscle with little fat, so that also contributes to a slower overall gain. Nice job and if you have other questions, just ask.

fpr
11-15-2007, 07:54 PM
definitely put on some size... not enough for 18 months though, imo.

Naff
11-16-2007, 04:42 AM
Okay, thanks a lot everyone- I'll look into the WBB programs now :)