PDA

View Full Version : Bulking

XecutionStyle
11-18-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm 156 IBs now (I know.. but I do sports)
Trying to bulk all the way to 200 (If possible) within April, and then planning to ripple.

Have been reading through the forums for a bit, and am really confused about a few things because of the vast opinions:

1. What ratio between bodyweight and grams of protein should I use?
I'm rather positive my BF level is rather low.. (not too sure as to what #, but i do 13 on the Beep test)

So far I just used 1g/IB, hence at least 150 a day, Is that enough? More the better so just go for more?.. if then how much?

2. Bako shakes.. how many and when? ..is it even necessary? I was thinking 3 cans of Tunas during the day (40g protein/can) and cottage cheese before night time would do, but maybe the shakes during workout-days?

3. How many calories.. and why the big #s? If Iím getting sufficient amount of protein, and enough carbs to function and for my body to feel "no point hesitating to build muscles, there's sufficient energy available" isn't that fine?

4. If someone can be kind enough, what's a sample diet plan for someone who can visit the gym 4-5x a week with my physique?

Any constructive feedback appreciated, Thanks in Advance.

Ps. "any" but those along the lines of "just eat"... I'm not an idiot, just a bit ignorant.. no point in pointing out the obvious, Thanks.

Stumprrp
11-18-2007, 08:45 AM
the bako shakes have became quite popular haha

dont worry about anything except lifting infrequent (3-4 times a week) heavy as you possibly can, and eating as much as you can.

XecutionStyle
11-18-2007, 11:08 AM
the bako shakes have became quite popular haha

dont worry about anything except lifting infrequent (3-4 times a week) heavy as you possibly can, and eating as much as you can.

Lol.. pretty much any "protein" related thread has the word Bako-shake in it.

Yea, I do lift as heavy as I can 5reps per set, and try to eat as much as I can.. but i prefer some specifications.

1ManRiot
11-18-2007, 12:04 PM
1. What ratio between bodyweight and grams of protein should I use?
There is no simple asnwer to this, but a good start point would be to aim for 1.5g per pound of LBM

I'm rather positive my BF level is rather low.. (not too sure as to what #, but i do 13 on the Beep test)
These have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

2. Bako shakes.. how many and when?
I have no idea what these are, but shakes aren't a requirement.

3. How many calories.. and why the big #s?
Impossible to answer and I don't know what you mean with the 2nd bit.

4. If someone can be kind enough, what's a sample diet plan
http://www.mealplansite.com/sports-bodybuilding-new-gain.aspx