PDA

View Full Version : Break down this squat

Chubrock
11-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Here's a clip from my second squatting session in briefs. Still getting used to them. They could be a bit tighter. I can get into and out of them by myself, though it takes awhile. The progression goes: 325lbs, 345lbs, 365lbs. I don't care to hear anything about depth. I've seen higher passed in meets so critique the technique, not the depth.

b5RMjsA9UTk

Sensei
11-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Chubs,
Looks really good to me! I wonder if you have the briefs hiked up a little too much on the thighs though - you want the briefs seated properly, but hiking the legs up will create some slack. That's all I got though. Well done.

Chris Rodgers
11-18-2007, 07:22 PM
Looks good to me. You look like you are sitting back and opening up real good. I think in a monolift with spotters you could break 400 right now.

Gear Whore. :whazzup:

Chris Rodgers
11-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Chubs,
Looks really good to me! I wonder if you have the briefs hiked up a little too much on the thighs though - you want the briefs seated properly, but hiking the legs up will create some slack. That's all I got though. Well done.

I saw that too, but I thought he might just have freakishly long upper legs???

Chubrock
11-18-2007, 07:37 PM
Could very well be a combination of the two. I've always felt like I've got fairly long legs for my height. I also feel like I've been hiking the legs up a bit much. I have trouble getting all the slack out of the ass unless I pull the legs high. I haven't had anybody with me to help get me in, so I end up trying to seat the briefs as best I can.

Chris Rodgers
11-18-2007, 07:43 PM
Could very well be a combination of the two. I've always felt like I've got fairly long legs for my height. I also feel like I've been hiking the legs up a bit much. I have trouble getting all the slack out of the ass unless I pull the legs high. I haven't had anybody with me to help get me in, so I end up trying to seat the briefs as best I can.

Which kind are they? Now that I think about it, the legs on my Pro and Viking briefs are kinda short and come up high. The Ace briefs sit lower on the leg though.

Chubrock
11-18-2007, 07:48 PM
They're the Pro. I didn't want to go with the Ace as they're just too much brief for me at this point.

FighterInSnatch
11-18-2007, 07:49 PM
hardcore...............

fpr
11-18-2007, 09:18 PM
awesome, you have a very wide stance :strong:

Detard
11-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Good job Chub. Thats some strong squatting man.

deeder
11-18-2007, 09:38 PM
awesome, you have a very wide stance :strong:

:withstupi:

Insanely wide!!! Haha, it looks like you're bracing your feet against the sides of the rack :p

Try to get your elbows pointing at the ground, other than that, looked good!

Stumprrp
11-18-2007, 10:20 PM
looked excellent man, be sure to "spread the floor", i would think youd get a little more pop and have a harder time getting down, are they loose?

Chubrock
11-19-2007, 06:46 AM
:withstupi:

Insanely wide!!! Haha, it looks like you're bracing your feet against the sides of the rack :p

Try to get your elbows pointing at the ground, other than that, looked good!

Haha yea, I end up setting my feet as close to the rack as possible. There's probably less than half an inch between my toes and the rack. As far as the elbows go, I shoot for that position but end up altering it with the unrack. I end up having to set my feet closer to the bar than I'd like and end up GMing the weight out a lot of the time. This tends to shift my elbows some. I'm having the front of the rack cut out so I can setup a lot cleaner. I think this will eliminate that problem.

Appreciate the comments guys.

EDIT:

Stumpy, yea the briefs are a bit loose. I can get in them and out of them by myself. I also don't have them pulled up as high as I'd like. Hard for me to adjust them by myself

Stumprrp
11-19-2007, 07:21 AM
cool man, its all good its still giving you PRs

Chubrock
11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Anybody see anything else?

gregster
11-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Awesome squat dude. That's a lot of weight for a 'normal' sized guy, dang!

deeder
11-21-2007, 12:30 AM
Haha yea, I end up setting my feet as close to the rack as possible. There's probably less than half an inch between my toes and the rack. As far as the elbows go, I shoot for that position but end up altering it with the unrack. I end up having to set my feet closer to the bar than I'd like and end up GMing the weight out a lot of the time. This tends to shift my elbows some. I'm having the front of the rack cut out so I can setup a lot cleaner. I think this will eliminate that problem.

Yeah I was going to comment on the rack setup but figured there wasn't much you could do about it... I always have my elbows back a bit when I unrack the weight as well but right after I take a big breath in preparation to go down I really force my elbows down under me.

If you're still having trouble getting your elbows under you, you might want to try a narrower grip on the bar.

Chubrock
11-21-2007, 06:04 AM
It's not something I necessarily have trouble doing, it's more of something that I fail to do at times. Just have to keep drilling it in. They're a lot lower than they used to be though, which is a step in the right direction.

Lones Green
11-21-2007, 06:27 AM
great looking squats chubs.

deeder
11-21-2007, 06:35 AM
It's not something I necessarily have trouble doing, it's more of something that I fail to do at times. Just have to keep drilling it in. They're a lot lower than they used to be though, which is a step in the right direction.

Good stuff. As long as it's always improving :cool:

RickTheDestroyer
11-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Looking good Andrew. I never realized why people always stress the importance of forcing your knees out until I slapped on some briefs, and you're doing a really good job of that.

RhodeHouse
11-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Perfect

Mike G
11-25-2007, 02:21 PM
Look's kind of high.....

Just f'ing with ya. Looks really good, nice job sitting back and keeping a good arch. Knees stay open, looks text book other than the elbows, but they look pretty good too. Nice job all around and the legs are looking sexy.

Chubrock
11-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Here's my last session in which I hit 385. The progression goes 335, 375 and then 385. Critique away.

UhjkVjwPDAM

TommyBoy
11-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Looks good to me Chubs.