PDA

View Full Version : Current Diet

Princess
03-11-2002, 05:40 PM
I'm trying to achieve the maximum fat loss possible, so here's my general diet and activity for one day.
I know there's probably alot of problems with the foods, the amounts, and the times I'm eating... so tell me what you all think.

6:00-7:30AM: Soccer Practice
8:00AM- one serving of oatmeal with some fruit mixed in, or jelly.
12:10 PM: One tuna fish sandwhich on wheat bread, sometimes a couple graham crackers.
3:30- 4:30 or 5PM- Track Practice..... probably only 1-1 1/2 miles of running.. the rest is throwing practice.
6 or 7PM: Eat dinner... whatever my mom makes.
10:30-11PM- go night night

The practice times change alot too, like sometimes I might be practicing soccer until 9 at night...... so I'm sure that makes a difference right?

Thanks for any pointers
:)

Princess
03-11-2002, 05:43 PM
oh ya, and for dinner I usually eat either an apple or an orange.

Anthony
03-11-2002, 05:56 PM
1. Can you manage to eat before a practise? Breakfast is very important since you have not ate in 8+ hours.

2. Try to eat more than 3 times a day. It keeps your body thinking there is more food coming so it doesn't need to store what you give it as fat.

3. More balance! Understand what protein, carbs, and fat are so you can incorporate them into your diet in a balanced manner.

4. Understand how many calories you need and create your diet around this.

Princess
03-11-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Anthony
1. Can you manage to eat before a practise? Breakfast is very important since you have not ate in 8+ hours.

2. Try to eat more than 3 times a day. It keeps your body thinking there is more food coming so it doesn't need to store what you give it as fat.

3. More balance! Understand what protein, carbs, and fat are so you can incorporate them into your diet in a balanced manner.

4. Understand how many calories you need and create your diet around this.

1. I thought eating after practice would be more beneficial for weight loss because the cardio would be burning stored fat/calories rather than calories I have just eaten if I eat before practice......maybe I'm confused

2. Like at what times? It's hard when I'm at school and we can't eat during class.

3. ya that's where I need major help.

4. I don't want any more than 1300-1500 cals per day... maybe less than that.

Anthony
03-11-2002, 06:30 PM
1. I thought eating after practice would be more beneficial for weight loss because the cardio would be burning stored fat/calories rather than calories I have just eaten if I eat before practice......maybe I'm confused
- Well, a lot of people will tell you that exercising on an empty stomach is good, but in my opinion it's a fad like most things in the industry. I think Cackerot wrote an article about this at one point and it made a lot of sense. Surprising as that is. :) Maybe he'll post it for you.

2. Like at what times? It's hard when I'm at school and we can't eat during class.
- Every 3-4 hours is decent. If you can't eat during class, you could eat between classes.

- What would you like to know?

- Where did you come up with these numbers?

Princess
03-11-2002, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Anthony

- Every 3-4 hours is decent. If you can't eat during class, you could eat between classes.

- What would you like to know?

- Where did you come up with these numbers?

2. I wanted some kind of bar....or something easy and quick you know.. not any "real food". I mean I only have 5 minutes between classes.

3. Everything I guess... I just have no idea how many carbs or fat or protein I should be eating.

4. I came up with them in my brain :D

Anthony
03-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Bars aren't the best. Mostly sugar. Maybe you could speak to your teachers. Tell them you are border line diabetic and need to eat on a regular basis or you start to feel weak. Tell them how this affects your school work, etc.

Stay balanced with your macronutrients (carbs, protein, fat). In the range of 40% carbs, 35% protein, and 25% fat is a good place to start. Percentages can vary, obviously.

Number of calories you need can be calculate more accurately than just guessing. If you want to do it properly, I wouldn't pluck a number out of thin air because it sounded "right."

Cackerot69
03-11-2002, 08:16 PM
tee hee Anthony.

I don't feel like digging it up (it was a post, and a long ass complicated article, that I don't feel like finding....cuz I think i deleted it). But, in a morsel, cardio before breakfast = cardio when liver glycogen is depleted = your liver saturating itself with glucose via gluconeogensis aka eating your muscles. Fat can't be converted to glucose efficeintly enough....and fat is regarded as more "important" then the excess muscle you've accumulated through weight training so the body will go to muscle before it goes to fat.

Tryska
03-12-2002, 04:00 AM
you know your boyfriend was out here asking for a diet for you before you came on here yourself......myself and icer tried to help him out then, but i see his avice never came to you, or y'all chose to ignore it in your infinite wisdom.

you can always do a searh and look for that thread tho.

Princess
03-12-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Tryska
you know your boyfriend was out here asking for a diet for you before you came on here yourself......myself and icer tried to help him out then, but i see his avice never came to you, or y'all chose to ignore it in your infinite wisdom.

Nothing like a smartass comment eh?

It wasn't working for me... eating that much food in a day makes me feel fat and sluggish and bloated. And also.. I have to have a little variety, I can't have the same exact thing everyday.

the doc
03-12-2002, 06:30 AM
hey one day you can have cottage cheese, the next you can have tuna!

Tryska
03-12-2002, 06:33 AM
what kind of diet did he give you?

what kind of foods.

actually nevermind. you can have an atittude and not listen when people try to suggest stuff, or you can humble yourself and try, that choice is yours.

Princess
03-12-2002, 06:42 AM
what kind of diet did he give you?

what kind of foods.

actually nevermind. you can have an atittude and not listen when people try to suggest stuff, or you can humble yourself and try, that choice is yours.

The diet was posted on here at one time. Tuna, cottage cheese, oatmeal, chicken breasts, rice.... I don't remember what else.

And I'm the only one who has an attitude right?... ya alright.
If you hadn't posted sarcasm in your previous reply maybe my reaction would have been different.

Tryska
03-12-2002, 06:46 AM
you have nothing but attitude in several of your threads. I've seen it on many occassions, and to be honest..that's why many people don't even bother responding in a helpful way. You aren't very nice, and you don't listen to the advice given anyway. you get treated as you treat others. in any case...you need to do as anthony said...

eat every 3-4 hours.

get adequate protein and adequate fat. make wise decisions in you choice of carbs (whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables)

eat around 2000 cals a day to support your activity.

the doc
03-12-2002, 06:49 AM
who is your boyfriend?

Tryska
03-12-2002, 06:57 AM
the mad bolder.

the doc
03-12-2002, 07:01 AM
hahaahah you mean

triple p

Cackerot69
03-12-2002, 08:32 AM
hahaha Triple P is her boyfriend.

heathj
03-12-2002, 08:43 AM
Princess, you are eating too much. I suggest eating less then 1000 calories per day or you will get fat and become obese. I only take in 1200 calories per day and I barely maintain my weight, and I'm male. Try around 900 or so. It works!

Princess
03-12-2002, 08:56 AM
you have nothing but attitude in several of your threads. I've seen it on many occassions, and to be honest..that's why many people don't even bother responding in a helpful way. You aren't very nice, and you don't listen to the advice given anyway. you get treated as you treat others. in any case...you need to do as anthony said...

It's a shame we can't all be perfect

Paul Stagg
03-12-2002, 09:14 AM
You need to determine how many calories you need to eat in a day.

You need to eat breakfast.

Looks to me like you could use quite a bit more protein.

How much do you weigh?

IceRgrrl
03-12-2002, 09:17 AM
If you're that active (soccer/track) you need to eat a lot more! 1300-1500 would barely sustain a person who is lying in bed all day. Eating too little will halt any fat loss as your body perceives that resources are slim to none and goes into emergency mode, shutting down metabolism and desperately hanging onto fat storage.

If people here don't seem to be responsive to you, it's because you are headed in the wrong direction...the 1300/day model/actress diet is just going to cause you problems in the long run. This is not the board for starvation diets and no one is going to help you out with that.

Try a minimum of 1800-2000 quality calories per day if you REALLY want advice...

Princess
03-12-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Paul Stagg
You need to determine how many calories you need to eat in a day.

You need to eat breakfast.

Looks to me like you could use quite a bit more protein.

How much do you weigh?

I do eat breakfast
I weigh 140