smokinHawk
11-20-2007, 09:42 AM
awesome pressing.

Keith
11-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Good god, that was easy as hell!

Cirino83
11-20-2007, 10:44 AM
wow, very impressive. looks like you def have more in the tank too.

RedSpikeyThing
11-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Jesus, you could have done that for a double. Good stuff!

Stumprrp
11-20-2007, 11:18 AM
easy!!

jtteg_x
11-20-2007, 12:04 PM
you're speed is amazing

bigmoney
11-20-2007, 10:51 PM
an easy 605...impressive!

Ryano
11-21-2007, 01:24 PM
NASA, I'm sure you know that a constant diet of shirted board presses will REALLY screw up your normal full range bar path. I think they are O.K. to occasionally move some heavy weight that you normally can't or to break in a shirt. I've also seen some elite benchers use shirted 1-2 board presses to minimize strain on the shoulders, but not over 2 boards. I'm not trying to be negative, just puttin' some info out there. I think you should train like you compete & I've never seen a shirted three board press meet.

brihead301
11-21-2007, 03:10 PM
Nice lifts man!

RhodeHouse
11-21-2007, 04:38 PM
NASA, I'm sure you know that a constant diet of shirted board presses will REALLY screw up your normal full range bar path. I think they are O.K. to occasionally move some heavy weight that you normally can't or to break in a shirt. I've also seen some elite benchers use shirted 1-2 board presses to minimize strain on the shoulders, but not over 2 boards. I'm not trying to be negative, just puttin' some info out there. I think you should train like you compete & I've never seen a shirted three board press meet.

I agree 100%

chris mason
11-21-2007, 06:02 PM
He is working on his lockout strength due to the fact he doesn't get as much out of a shirt as a lot of people. I think it makes sense in that context. I am sure he is also incorporating full range work which negates your thoughts.

I DO agree that one needs to practice the exact ROM they will compete in. It goes right with the SAID principle. If you don't full ROM press until the day of the meet you are missing the boat.

Ryano
11-22-2007, 05:30 AM
He is working on his lockout strength due to the fact he doesn't get as much out of a shirt as a lot of people. I think it makes sense in that context. I am sure he is also incorporating full range work which negates your thoughts.

Why not do the board presses raw, since you are just trying to increase lockout strength? You don't need the shirt to assist in gaining strength, IMO. It's constructive critisim, not hate.

Happy Thanksgiving

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
11-23-2007, 02:51 PM

Great point! I do train like I compete. My next shirt competition is the 2008 June 21-22 NASA USA NATIONALS & the 2008 August 30-31 USAPL BP NATIONALS. So, I just don't want to do full range motion for awhile. I have miss 585 & 578 @ lockout in the 220 class. So, I'm going to overload my lockout and then do some full range motion.

Thanks a lot for your input :thumbup:

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
WWW.ATLARGENUTRITION.COM

GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
11-23-2007, 02:53 PM

I DO agree that one needs to practice the exact ROM they will compete in. It goes right with the SAID principle. If you don't full ROM press until the day of the meet you are missing the boat.

Thanks a lot for your input :thumbup:

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
WWW.ATLARGENUTRITION.COM

GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?