PDA

View Full Version : Rhesus' Journal I

Rhesus
11-20-2007, 01:10 PM
First off, I'm completely new to the boards, so hello to everyone! I'm used to using kg's, so if my stats seem a little off please forgive, I've to convert!

I'm 18, 168 lbs. At the moment my lifting stats are pretty low, so my long term goal is to drasticly improve all stats. Right now though, as I'm pretty new to an organised approach to lifting, I'm going to set short term goals which I hope to continually analyse and hopefully reach. Here's what I'm lifting now..

Bench: 120lbs
Squat: 240lbs
Dead: ...? I've not had the privilage of some one to teach me proper form on this one, so for now I'm going to have to leave blank..)

These of course are not all I'm doing but they seem to be the three standard lifts to list. As I mentioned, I've only recently started to approach weightlifting in any kind of organised fashion. Before I had no idea about form, number of sets/repitions to do e.t.c . Now I've educated myself to a certain extent on these, but nutrition is still an area where I really have to plead ignorance. I'm not looking for a six pack in a short time or anything like that, but I'd like to be armed with the right info about what my body needs when I'm lifting regularly, so if anyone could help on that front I'd really appreciate it!

I'm as of now, following the WBB routine 1, starting tomorow. I've had to substitute some exercises because of lack of equipment, but I've replaced them with ones that target the same area and are somewhat similar.

I'm keeping a qriten journal too, so I might not update this daily. Probably weekly, or maybe even monthly. In any case, I'll see ye inspirational guys and gals around here from now on, keep movin' weight!

Rhesus
12-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Couldn't be happier with how this routine is going!!

Bench: 150lbs
Squat: 240lbs
Deadlift: 240lbs

Havn't increased my lift on squat, but I've tightened up my form and technique so I've been getting a lot more out of my lifts. For the deads I really think I could lift a lo more, but I@m still trying to get the form down.

My weights up 8-9lbs too, and I've lost a decent amount fat (not judged my bf% just the mirror!).

I've been reading a lot of journals on here, and it always got me pumped to see how peoples hard work was paying off for them, now I feel like I'm getting to that same place!

Rhesus
12-17-2007, 03:25 AM
Great session last night. When I got to the gym there was noone there except this polish guy, doing cleans. Ladies and gentlemen, I now have a gym buddy! I set some PRs with this guy pushing me that have me really pumped to get back to the gym!! Chest and back day of the WBB1 routine still being used with some extra exercises every now and again to spice it up.

thing I'm happiest with is the dips I got through
177(bw) x 8
177(bw) + 20lbs x 8
177(bw) + 25lbs x 6

Also got some good spotting/advice for form on deadlifts. so hopefully I'll be shooting higher soon!

Rhesus
01-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Progress is steady but slow. Nothing much to update on, I've just been hitting the gym, eating somewhat right, and it's working. Once again these arn't 1 rep max's, just what I'm doing for sets.

Bodyweight: 170lbs (this is fluctuating a bit, though I'm not too worried)
Bench: 155lbs
Squat: 275lbs
Deadlift: 255lbs

Have to say I'm delighted with these lifts! I'm concentrating on form first, and weight second which is workin out nicely for the moment. Once I get my form perfect on everything I should be able to start working towards a nice big three!

I've been changing up exercises a little too, mainly trying some olympic lifts.. I'm in love with the clean and press, it's one of the best feelings I've gotten in the gym!!

Any feed back is appreciated!

Rhesus
03-11-2008, 05:50 PM
After adding 30 lbs to my bench since i last updated this, 25lbs to my squat, and 40lbs to my deadlift.

Bench: 180lbs
Squat: 265lbs
Deadlift: 280lbs

I've only really started to tidy up my diet recently, which annoys me becasue I wonder what kind of gains I might have made. No point in wondering, its clean from here on in.

kornmong
03-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Nice Work, What kind of rep range are you doing?

Rhesus
03-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks man, those stats are what I'm doing for sets every workout, 2 sets of 8 reps!

kornmong
03-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey man, whats going on? Still lifting? training

Rhesus
04-06-2008, 04:52 AM
Yeah still training regularly, switched over to baby got back a while back too. I've had to modify the number of sets because I've a viral infection and my endurance isn't what it should be; so I'm doing four sets instead of five, and 2 sets instead of three. Hopefully I'll be able to get around to the right number of sets within the next two weeks.

I've been using my 'rest' days from the routine for some olympic lifts, and crossfit-style routines.

Yesterday's workout was:

Powerclean 5 sets of 3 reps x 170lbs
Hangclean 5x3 x 165lb
Clean and jerk 8x1 x 165lbs

I'm really trying to tighten up my form on these so I'm keeping the reps short with a large enough gap between sets.

Todays workout was (again modified rep/set numbers)
(Deadlift 110lb x 10 followed by Pushup bw x 10) x10
The first 5 sets (thats 5 of whats in brackets above) took me 2:49, the last five took me 7:22 for a total of 10:11.

Rhesus
04-06-2008, 07:33 AM
I'll throw up some leg shots tomorrow or something. Feedback is always welcome :D

Rhesus
04-08-2008, 01:25 PM
08-april

BB flat bench
3x8 x 180lbs

Dips
3x8 bw+45lbs

Barbell Row
3x8 130lbs

Deadlift
1x8 280lbs
1x8x 295lbs
1x8 305lbs PR

kornmong
04-08-2008, 05:12 PM
Nice work with the flat bench and dead lift numbers, feels good to get some big numbers up ;) what are your upper arm measurements

Rhesus
06-30-2008, 05:03 AM
Back to heavy lifting now that exams are over. Today's work out was:

DB flat bench 30kg 10,8,6
Incline barbell bench 50kg 10,8,6
Dips BW+15kg 8,6,5
Skull Crushers 20kg 8,8,8

Deadlift
95kg 8 reps
105kg 8 reps
135kg 2x5 reps

Glute-ham-raise
3x 10 reps

Finished off with some light stuff on the cable machine. Still recovering from a car accident I was in a couple months back so I'm not puching too hard at the moment. Really enjoyed the deadlifting today though!

kornmong
07-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Haha look at your deadlift numbers and reps, Nice, there starting to get big 5 x 135kgs is a big set and dips with weight of 15kgs, your getting there ;) where are these supposed leg shots? huh

Rhesus
07-18-2008, 06:19 AM
Today was my last heavy squat day for the next few weeks.

90kg 10 reps

110kg 8 reps

120kg 6 reps

128kg 5 sets of two reps box squats.

Clean and Jerks
75kg 3sets 1 rep each
85kg 3sets 1 rep each
92kg 2 sets 1 rep each

Finished off with lunges, pistols w/ 15kg dumbells, and some machine work.