PDA

View Full Version : Dynamo's Online Journal

Pages : [1] 2 3

dynamo
11-20-2007, 02:50 PM
So I am not sure how most people do these things, but I will post my routine, my thoughts, my food intake, and hopefully get some feedback from you guys.

I was reading yesternight about how low volume sets build high density muscle and more readily attack the fat in the region for reasons i don't feel like typing. While high volume (8-12 reps) will continue to build muscle strength through the mitochondria proliferation etc....I decided I was at the last 10-15 lbs of fat I want kill off so this week I chose to start powerlifting. I usually like to keep in the 8-12 range because I lift weights for jiu jitsu and explosive power isn't necessary or even desired.
Therefore my thoughts are as follows:

I want to get stronger, not so much bigger (never wanted to be mr universe)

Keeping with high volume sets will be good for maintaining muscle mass and conditioning my muscles for extended periods of strenuous activity while low volume sets will increase muscle density thus increasing the amount usable fibers. Therefore I should powerlift to generate more muscle and do high volume to condition the new muscle into high endurance stuff. Let me know if my logic is right here.

With that said i did some ab workouts today:
Incline Situp:
5 sets each with 45lbs on my chest
Reps: 8, 8, 6, 5, 5

Side Bend:
5 Sets
1:
45x12
2:
55x12
3:
65x10
4:
65x10
5:
65x10
More on my exercise later. See ya!

P.S. During my run I have never felt worse than I did today, I suppose its due to the amount of oxygen required to repair the muscles. I dunno but I almost passed out twice and threw up once, there were lots of f bombs dropped.

dynamo
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
I bought some nitrean a while back, good stuff. I also decided to vary my workout a little bit, I did 3 weeks of hypertrophic work outs (reps 10-12) and now I'm on week two of, umm, the other kind of work out (reps 5-8), I have to say I have had some tremendous gains.
In five weeks I've gone from dumbbell pressing 35x12 to 55x10.
Hip adduction & abduction has gone from 170x15 to 235x15.
Dumbbell Curls have gone from 25x12 to 35x8
two handed dumbbell triceps extensions have gone from 45x12 to 75x12
I started working out the quads and hams directly this week too, after 5 or so years of not working out I am happy to say I leg press 530x12 so I haven't lost it all. I will implement squats this week but I am scared for my knees so I will be taking it very slow with them.

I think I am going to do a 4 week hypertrophy 2 week powerlifting split from here out. I don't really feel like posting my workout if anyone wants to know it let me know but one thing I enjoy about my work outs is I have alot of exercises per muscle group memorized so when I go in the gym its rare I'll actually do the same movement two weeks in a row and if I do I'll vary in which order they come (i.e. week1: fly, press, machine press, then week2: press, fly, machine press).
On a final note I really enjoy doing machine assisted exercises at the end of my 3 exercise* routine because it allows me to go all out and not compromise form and in my opinion form is the most important thing when weight lifting, i'll gladly scrap 50 lbs to lift the weight properly.

*when I work out I do opposing body groups (chest/back, tri/bi, legs/shoulders) and I do three exercises per body group and three sets of each exercise with the last exercise usually being a machine.

P.S. I took pictures at the end of month one, I'll take some after month three and post them up to show the differences.

dynamo
12-03-2007, 07:36 PM
This past month and a half has been great! I'm weak as all hell but I'll build myself back up for sure!! I can't wait to see my changes in 6 months, I've lost a noticeable amount of body fat and I decided I won't cut and bulk in the traditional sense. I will make sure I get the proper nutrients but I won't eat to excess, perhaps my hypertrophy will be stunted but hopefully not. This week and next week are exam week I hope I can keep with my routine, and since I started lifting weights I spend far less time with my friends, it seems to upset them and I even have some ignoring me.
This is a totally unexpected side effect, nothing that bothers me enough to change, but I guess since I started lifting again I've put alot into perspective and started doing stuff I really want, at this point I think of a quote I read at some time its "you have to ask yourself two questions and they must be answered in this order: where am I going? and who am I taking with me?" Who knows, now that I think about it I actually make less of an effort to hang with my usual crowd, I'm glad I started lifting again, I never thought it would have such great psychological as well as physiological affects. Peace.

dynamo
12-07-2007, 04:59 PM
I have to say i love weight lifting, I was reading the Atomic Dog interview on testosterone nation and it got me thinking about how much I've changed over these last three months. In the article he says testosterone is responsible for ambition in both men and women and there is a huge lack of it in men these days. I would have to say I would agree.
I noticed since I started weight lifting my ambition and discipline have increased a noticeable amount, I also get angry really easily now, but I control the anger thing and pimples, **** they pop up everywhere now.
What I find pretty awesome is when I'm in the gym and there is one more rep that I don't feel like doing, I tell myself "if I don't do this then when it gets tough out there in the real world i'll end up giving up just like I did on this last rep, I gotta try, if I don't get it at least I can say I tried..." and i go for it, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. My grades in my classes have improved alot too, I think its because I've become a little more goal oriented these days instead of sex oriented, interesting as I am a huge testosterone jockey now.
Random thought: In my college gym no one is respectful of the weights you get alot of fatheads coming in and throwing around weight like they know what they're doing and never put anything back its really starting to piss me off I think im about to start breaking arms. Oh and whats up with these fatheads? Don't they know momentum isn't helpful? I love how in many instances I put up less weight than these fatheads but I'm way more built, haha its only been three months I know, but its not like i've been sitting around playing world of warcraft and eating twinkies for the past 5 years. Ok enough ranting for me, just thought i'd share, peace.

dynamo
12-10-2007, 07:32 AM
Start:
dumbell press: 35x12
lat pulldown: 90x12

7 Weeks later:
dumbbell press: 60x12
lat pulldown: 130x12

I have other exercises I do but since I didn't start w/ them on week 1 i don't bother listing. My weight has been fluctuating between 203 and 206 Im trying for some rock hard abs now too. I was doing 60-70 bicycle crunches 3 days a week but I think I will focus more on diet now. School ends in a week at which point my diet will be in my hands and I will not have to choose between which mystery meat looks leaner...
From all I've read on this forum and elsewhere ab definition depends on diet more than anything, I thought I could muscle my abs into showing, you know, do situps with 45lbs on my chest etc..but after I did that I felt like I was going to throw up for a week. I'll work my way back to to high volume high weight situps. I actually want some freakishly strong abs for jiu jitsu. :whip:

dynamo
12-14-2007, 05:46 PM
I am pissed...

Did arms yesterday. Sore as all hell today. I'm not liking how my biceps are progressing I think they're taking too long to do much of anything. Meh i'm done, ****.

dynamo
12-16-2007, 10:50 AM
I started doing squats yesterday!!! Oh man My everything hurts so bad, i love it! I 've been scared to do them because of having bad knees but I went for it anyway.
Squat:
one set of 115x12 then 2 sets of 135x12.

Leg press:
430x12x3
Now that I think about it I didn't like my form too much on the leg press, i think i was bringing the weight down too fast.

I feel so weak I remember warming up with 225 back in the day, legs progress fast though so gimme a month im sure i'll be squatting close to 225.

I've been super sore lately, usually from the time of my workout to 2 days after that part of my body is incredibly sore and I find it hard to sleep at night, any suggestions?

samadhi_smiles
12-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Check out At Large's ETS microlactin supp. I take 4 capsules a day (at night), which is a half dose, and it works wonders on squatting and DLing soreness. It also gives me a REALLY deep sleep. Pretty good.

Also, why are you squatting with such high reps? Why not go with a more traditional 5x5 (which seems like its situated in a good range that will build strength AND hypertrophy fast). If you want a bigger squat, 12 rep sets aren't going to take you there the fastest.

dynamo
12-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Well everything I've read about so far says 8-12 reps is good for hypertropy while 5-8 is good for maintaining during a cut and building muscle density?? I do want strong legs sure but I'm not looking for huge legs either, I'll measure tonight and post my leg circumference. Also I'm experimenting with a 4 week high rep (8-12) cycle then a 2 week low rep (5-8) cycle and I want to see how my body responds. 25 inches.

samadhi_smiles
12-17-2007, 09:03 AM
its definitely alright to experiment, but everything I have been told points to sticking in the 5-8 rep range for most exercises. And the 2-4 rep range for deadlifting.

It is kind of a false dichotomy to pit strength against hypertrophy, because indeed if you are getting stronger you are probably getting bigger (ignoring neuromuscular adaptation for a minute).

I would say as long as you are going 'balls out' in the gym so to speak and pushing yourself hard and eating a TON, you will get bigger and stronger.

dynamo
12-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Ooooh yes! today was a good day. New personal records for me, all of them are.

dumbbell fly
40x10
40x8
40x6

seated cable row:
140x12
140x10
140x9

bent over dumbbell row:
75x11
75x9
75x8

bent arm db pullover:
55x10
55x7
55x6

lat cable pulldown:
140x12
140x10
140x10

Dips:
BWx10
BWx8
BWx8
and as usual I ran 4.2 miles in 30 minutes. I'm trying to work my mileage to around 10mph.

I went to the dining hall at my school after I worked out finished off 1.25 quarts of silk soy milk and had 5 plates of food. I never felt better, there was actually real turkey there today so I went back for more and more, and the vegan chili was amazing, and the corn bread, ooohh man!! Maybe it was just so good b/c of my workout, who knows...Today was a great day fellas. Today also marked the start of month 3.

Edit: I've gained 5 lbs in 3 months and my visible body fat has dropped and i've dropped an inch off my waist as well. I firmly believe my 5 lbs is muscle.

Coke
12-18-2007, 05:29 AM
I've gained 5 lbs in 3 months and my visible body fat has dropped and i've dropped an inch off my waist as well. I firmly believe my 5 lbs is muscle.

That's great man, keep on with it.

JUrb15
12-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Looks solid man keep it up you seem motivated and to enjoy working out which is a major plus. Keep on keep'n on. Lemmie know if you start a hypertrophy workout (how it goes) cause i just started rippetoes and im gonna do that prolly for a month or so here and then switch to a hypertrophy or 5x5.

As far as the past goes, dont over do it man, I learned my lesson about overtraining to try and get where i thought i should have been at the time and all my lifts dropped dramatically. You'll get there!!!

dynamo
12-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Haha! good stuff, did legs and shoulders yesterday after playing half field soccer for an hour.

Squat:
155x12
155x12
155x12

Leg Press
480x12
480x10
480x10

Machine Standing Calf Raises:
200x12
200x12
200x10

Military Press
100x10
100x8
100x7

Front Dumbbell Raise with arms Rotated to Lateral Raise:
20x10
25x4 straight to 20x8
20x10

Shoulder Press
55x12
55x10
50x10 <---for some reason I couldn't even get 55lbs off my shoulders I presume it was because I didn't rest long enough. Oh is it improper gym etiquette to grunt and groan and yell when doing leg presses? I couldn't help it but I felt kind of embarrassed after I was finished, once I realized I was making funny guttural sounds.

So its been 4 weeks I start my 5 rep sets for the next 2 weeks, we'll see how it goes. My strength has been increasing quite well. Hopefully this two week split will keep my muscles mixed up enough to keep growing. I'm looking forward to the results. I do take pictures after each month of working, I really like what I'm seeing. School just ended so I went to sams club bought my workout food (chicken fish and boca burgers and various cereals). I will be able to better manage my food and hopefully in the upcoming months get rid of this padding over my beautifully dormant 6 pack. Ok I'm out, peace.

JUrb15
12-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I like your six minute mile goal I just hit a new PR for my 2 mile 11mins 51 seconds which I was really happy with considering I didnt condition to much this year cause I didnt play soccer for my university this year due to an overload of classes.

dynamo
12-24-2007, 12:06 PM
thats awesome! I love running, after the feeling of throwing up I usually have a 20-30 minute orgasm afterwards, I mean what more could you ask for? Besides that it definitely keeps my metabolism up and my water weight down, both of which are a plus for me since my naturally occuring state is a waterlogged fatty.

dynamo
01-19-2008, 09:30 AM
Last couple weeks have been slow but steady. I just incorporated deadlifts into my workout for the first time ever. I thoroughly enjoy them. Here is what I did yesterday:

Leg Press:
450x10x3 (the press machine at school is so busted the guide rails are rusty as all hell I can put up close to 700 on a properly functioning one.)

Squat:
185x10x3

Deadlift:
225x10
265x10 (I felt like I was going to fall through the floor and my fingers were going to rip off)
265x4
225x6

Lateral Raise:
30x10x3

Standing Military Press:
105x10x3

Rear Lateral Raise:
30x10x3

That sums it up. I enjoy the whole body pain I feel now from the dead lifts. hehe, I guess there aren't too many 'strong' people who stop by the gym either, when I started doing the DLs everyone stopped what they were doing and watched me, it felt pretty good. Peace out.

dynamo
01-19-2008, 10:14 AM
sigh...what I thought was a dead lift wasn't. What I thought was a 'good morning' was a dead lift. So I don't know what I did yesterday but I'll describe it for you.

I start out with an alternating grip and in a squat stance where my thighs are parallel to the ground, then I lift the weight with my legs until my legs are extended and then using my midsection I finish the extension to where I am standing straight up. Does this exercise have a name? I couldn't find it on exrx. Either way its a beast of an exercise. Peace.

OGROK
01-20-2008, 08:53 PM
sigh...what I thought was a dead lift wasn't. What I thought was a 'good morning' was a dead lift. So I don't know what I did yesterday but I'll describe it for you.

I start out with an alternating grip and in a squat stance where my thighs are parallel to the ground, then I lift the weight with my legs until my legs are extended and then using my midsection I finish the extension to where I am standing straight up. Does this exercise have a name? I couldn't find it on exrx. Either way its a beast of an exercise. Peace.

Sounds like you deadlifted with a rounded back. Keep that up and you are going to ruin your spine.

Get low, take the alternated grip, and pull with your back and push with your legs at the same time so your back doesn't round. Your legs mostly start the lift and your back mostly finishes it off.

dynamo
01-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Sounds like you deadlifted with a rounded back. Keep that up and you are going to ruin your spine.

Get low, take the alternated grip, and pull with your back and push with your legs at the same time so your back doesn't round. Your legs mostly start the lift and your back mostly finishes it off.

Nah no rounded back I'm quite familiar with all the bad techniques out there, I kept the head up the whole time, upper body was bent at a 45 degree angle just about, with respect to the ground, until i got to the point of finishing off w/ my back, plenty of lower back and ab work as well. I'll do a video of it one day so everyone can see what I was doing but next week i'll spend my time doing normal dead lifts.

TopCat
01-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Sounds like a pseudo/odd straight leg deadlift

dynamo
01-22-2008, 09:41 PM
monday was a fine day, I went with the intention of ripping the arms alll up and I did just that.

Dumbbell curls:
40x10x3

Close Grip Bench:
150x10x3

Preacher Bar Curls:
60x10x3

Tricep Extension:
65x12
65x12
65x10

Seated Bicep Isolation Curls
40x10
40x8
40x7

Tricep Kickback:
40x12x3

I have more strength in my left arm than right, so I focus on it much, its slowing catching up and I think it has alot more to do with neuromuscular failure than lack of strength so I spend alot of time squeezing out that last rep on my left arm, usually til it shakes. I have gained alot of feeling back in my fingers almost to the point of where I can feel detail such as the ridges on the edge of a quarter. Alright peace.

dynamo
01-24-2008, 12:27 PM
I took measurements last night of my body parts not flexed here is what I have:
24" thighs, 44" upper body, at nipple height (just wrapped the tape around my whole body), 15" upper arms, 22" head, 34" waist.

Dips:
BW+40x10
BW+40x10
BW+45x8

Bent Over Barbell Rows:
140x10
140x10
145x10

Decline Dumbbell BP:
60x10x3

Tbar Rows:
150x10
150x10
160x8

Dumbbell Fly:
30x10
30x10
30x9

Bent Over Dumbbell Row
60x12
65x10
65x10

I haven't felt this sore in a while, I think alot of it has to do with my new dip belt which makes me look like the **** at my gym. The ladies just stare when they see you walking around with 45lbs in between your legs. Not a bad thing eh :P Alright off to fix the car, This weekend i'll make a video of my bastardized deadlift for everyone to see and maybe it'll be cool. Peace out.

killxswitch
01-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Two thumbs up for strutting your 45 lb faux-testicle for the ladies. :moon:

Keep up the good work, you've got some lofty goals to meet.

dynamo
01-25-2008, 01:20 PM
I figured i'd vent a little so below is somewhat of a rant dealing with crap that has been on my mind lately:

You guys are right, you can't talk about this stuff with normal people, all you end up getting is alot of flak. Not sure why, its not like weight lifters are habitually using drugs, some are but thats a different story and not related to me. I tell my friends I weigh out my food and they call me weird. I tell them I don't want to eat that **** and they call me weird. I tell them I don't want to stop and they called me weird.
My dad lifted his whole life, he was big, he was able to bench 360lbs when he weighed 180lbs in h.s. he told me. I see these powerlifters and they don't phase me, they don't cause me to do a double take because I lived with it my whole life. I've never consistently lifted until now but I've been pumping iron since I was at least 10 years old. I know what those concrete weights feel like, I know how it is to go into a musty 100 year old unfinished basement and brush the spiders and spiderwebs off old unused equipment and assemble and old rickety bench just to lift until I can't get the weight off my chest.
I relate to the fat people too. Maybe I love lifting because when I was in first grade I weighed 90 lbs and was the fattest mother****er in that room and they knew it and they made sure I did too and perhaps after playing in my neighborhood and getting tired of running around and being the slowest and usually the last I would end up in my basement again. I didn't know it at the time but I guess I really enjoyed only having myself to criticize me, and I idolized Arnold, Stallone, and Van Damme.
Now its happening all over again. They ask me why do you eat so much? They tell me you don't need to bulk, you're big enough already. She asks when are you going to get rid of that last bit of fat? Don't get big I don't like big people. And all I can say in return is I am not going to stop I am not trying to get big its just a side effect of my goal to be strong. If I wanted to get big don't you think I would just eat **** and watch tv all day? This is why I tell them. and as for her, I love her immensely, and she knows this, though she still proclaims she doesn't like body builders and powerlifters, and she will voice her opinion on how she dislikes my appearance, but, I tell her I won't stop and she threatened to leave and sure enough I said ok, go, even after we've been together for almost three years, she didn't. Guys I've stopped lifting so many times over the years probably because I was too weak and lazy but I won't stop now. I've realize this is a part of who I am and I don't want to lose it.
Today I was sitting at work in a meeting and all I could think about was my form on the squat and if i'd use a bench to help me get the proper form. Then I thought about how funny i'll look today when I do SLDLs but I'm excited to incorporate them into my routine. I'm tired of haters, guys, and now I have to go back to work. See you in the gym. Peace.

dynamo
01-27-2008, 07:35 AM
meh....i'm taking off a week. I went to the gym could barely squat 155 and could barely shoulder press 60lbs. Before I went yesterday my right delt was twitching all day so I figure I may be overtraining so a week off won't hurt I guess i'll just keep up my running maybe try out the row machine and do push ups and sit ups. Peace out.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I slept 15 hrs last night and I don't think it was from a bug going around.

dynamo
01-29-2008, 06:59 PM
i just have to make a post I haven't been to the gym in about 3 days and I'm about to rip my eyes out so I will quell my urge by letting all y'all know about my upcoming routine change. I decided my newbie gains were gone, so I wanna start doing WBB routine 1, I'm pretty excited and hope that works out well. I don't expect the same gains I had over the past 3-4 months (i.e. doubling my resistance in 2-3 months) but I am looking for some good hypertrophy and I will maintain a hypertrophy mindset until may then I'll go into an insane cut just in time for summer :D.
I have this wicked shoulder twitch problem, the forums says its my potassium, but even that doesn't help, usually it goes away for an hour or two after I eat but it always comes back, I think i'll try doubling up on the multivitamin and go from there.
Last but not least, everyday I have a new pain when I wake up. I like to think its my body just going down the list of broken parts and fixing them, its the only thing that keeps me sane on this nonworkout lifestyle. Ok, off to finish cleaning the room, peace out.

dynamo
02-04-2008, 03:02 PM
I took a week off (7days) and now I'm weak as f00k. Oh well here is my workout:

Flat Barbell Bench:
175x8
175x6

Low incline DB Bench:
65x8
65x6

Dips:
BW+50x6
BW+50x5

Chin-Ups:
BWx6
BWx5

Deadlifts:
245x10
245x10

Bent over Barbell Rows:
145x10
145x8

Bent over Dumbbell
75x10

These numbers depress me but oh well, new routine, new muscles, lower volume, I feel amazing right now, I'm excited to see how I grow, peace!

dynamo
02-05-2008, 09:16 PM
guys ive been chugging maximus. this stuff is amazing. i also introducd creatine into my diet last week, i was impressed with my ability. Still sore as all heck from monday and thats the lowest volume set i've done probably my whole life. I'm liking this :). Peace.

dynamo
02-06-2008, 02:38 PM
I tried hack squats today, didn't like em so I subbed in normal squats.

SLDL:
225x8
225x8
Felt like I could've done more but I was worried for my lower back. I don't plan on using a weight belt, so I'll just slowly work my way up there. Not to mention my grip is weak as all heck, today i couldn't do more than 6 reps without almost losing the bar.

Squat:
115x10
135x8
145x6
150x5

I wasn't happy with my form on squats from previous weeks so I cut the weight way down and used today to work on form. I felt like I could have done alot more if my glutes weren't so weak.

Leg Curls
170x8
170x8

Seated Calf Raises:
115x10
115x10

dynamo
02-07-2008, 06:28 AM
I've set myself up for some goals by the end of the semester (3 months), a sort of short term interim goal so I stay focused and push myself on a regular basis:
Bench: 275
Squat: 300
Deadlift:400

Unreasonable? maybe. Doable? yes. I really really wanna improve my bench, I want to break past 200lbs for my rep range in the next 2 or 3 weeks. This new routine should do the trick. yay. Peace out.

dynamo
02-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Standing military Press:
115x8
125x4 <---thought I could nail it.
115x5

Seated Dumbbell Press:
45x8
50x6

Seated Lateral Raises:
20x8
20x8

I've got this stupid pain in my left shoulder, I think its from when I twisted it letting the weight down coming off the decline benchpress back in october so I've lost alot of strength in my left shoulder and I'm building it back up.

Narrow Grip BP:
135x8
135x6

Barbell French Press:
60x8
60x9

Hammer Curls:
45x8
50x7

Dumbbell Curls:
40x8
45x8

dynamo
02-09-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm actively reviewing my caloric intake now. I'm shooting for 5000 kcals a day. It hurts so much. The past two days i've eaten two cups of almonds throughout the day just to get to my set point. I thought about upping to 10 scoops of maximus a day but since I have the almonds I will do that for now. I'm shooting for 230 by the end of the semester. Not sure if its possible but I want to be around 10-15% body fat as well. I thought about moderating my carb intake to keep my insulin response low so in times of intense activity I use up my fat that way I can keep my body fat in check but I'm not sure if its wise to just replace the carbs with protein and healthy fat and expect my body fat precentage to drop. Gotta hit the books. Peace.

dynamo
02-10-2008, 09:46 AM
all i ave to say is it is so ****ing hard to hit 5000 kcal a day. **** me they say glutony is one of the 7 deadly sins, is it still sin if it makes you wanna throw up and it hurts to put the food down? I better be huuuuuuge in 6 months. Interesting enough I am not gaining much fat so I am using my fuel, could be a placebo but I do notice my muscles have greater volume. I wont be able to weigh myself til tomorrow but hoppefully I'll be close to 215. Peace.

dynamo
02-10-2008, 10:14 PM
HAHA, great story I gotta tell you guys....I was lying in bed with my girl this afternoon and I got the obligatory 'what are you thinking about?' question.
First thing that came to mind was 'ohh **** what do I tell her?' So I tell her, 'nothing you would wanna know' she gasps. I reassure her its nothing sexual about some other person or whatever. So then she goes 'tell me', I say 'nah you won't care' she says 'ok'. I smile and say 'ok ok if you really wanna know I was thinking about my form on the deadlift and how I will be repping 315 next time I step into the gym'. Ahh....good times. Peace out.

Edit: 5000 Cals is too much. I am going to keep it up because I start running again tomorrow, but definitely no cardio + weight lifting + 5000 kcal=fat ass.

dynamo
02-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Good news. I set two 3 PRs today.

Dips
BWx15
BW+50x10
BW+55x8 <--PR

Bench
205x2 <---PR
185x4
185x3

Decline DB Press
75x6
75x3
75x3

Deadlift
275x8
225x10
305x2 <---PR
305x1.5

Chin Ups
BWx6
BWx5
BWx1

Bent over Row
165x6
155x4
135x4

Shrugs
85x10

So with these new PRs that brings up my total to 665. Yay, half way there.

dynamo
02-13-2008, 01:28 PM
I was feeling like **** last night, slept 10 hrs woke up this morning spit out too big brown loogies and felt better so i made it to the gym today yay!

Squat:
135x10
205x2.5
185x8
195x4
185x7
I wish my weight was higher
SLDL:
225x8
245x6
245x6

Leg Curls:
200x10
210x8
216.6x8

Calf Raises:
135x10
(got 3 more sets todo, I'll hit those up tomorrow)

Decline Situps
BW+35x10
BW+45x7

Below is for me more than anyone else:
Alright. Here it is. I've been struggling with maintaining my school work and lifting and I know when you lift you should get plenty of sleep well I decided I won't let no sleep bother me anymore. I will lift, and if my growth is slow, whatever, I will catch up with sleep when I can. I can at least keep up with the food intake. Ok off to catch up with the work...

dynamo
02-14-2008, 12:48 AM
I've been experiencing incredible gains with this WBB1 workout routine. Going from a 150 squat to 205 in a week is just stupid. I've been thinking about things, and I wonder why this happens.
Could it be muscle memory from high school (circa 2k2)? Perhaps it could have been from me having a naturally large figure. In high school I went in freshman yr weighing 225 lbs with a 38-40" waist. That summer I dropped to 170 lbs from running and eating salads and such. Then in the period of 1 year I got back upto 200. This was from diet and football.
I maintained this 30lb increase until freshman yr in college when I went up to 240 with a 38" waist. Then I dropped down to 220, started jiu jitsu a few months later got to 190. Stopped that went to 250 and 38" waist. Then realized I was just fat so I dropped the weight again got to 220 and 34" waist. Once I started lifting I dropped down to 203 and now I am 211.
I see a trend. I haven't really been able to go below 200. Which signals to me I am most probably 200lbs of mostly lean body mass.
Now most people who experience a 30lbs increase in LBM are usually exponentially stronger than their original self (170->200lbs for me), but I can barely do exercises that are pushing my own body weight so I wonder, am I actually reconditioning my muscles to this hard work so thats why I see these huge gains so fast, or is it some other reason? I would think if the muscle is there so is the strength, I couldn't imagine why anyones body would hold on to a 30lb surplus of muscle and not actually be able to harness that strength when needed (aka oct 2007 when I started lifting).
I know at some point my strength increases will come at 2.5lbs at a time no matter what I do and that is when things get tough, will I give up? Will I decide that all this hard work isn't worth it since I am not becoming stronger at some abnormal rate or will I persevere through these sticking points to test the limits of my body and mind?
Sure I will lose some battles with the iron, but will I have the determination and the discipline and support to continually pick up that bar week after week and just edge my way to the finish line? Because we all know there is no finish line. This is a lifestyle, its a choice we make, a decision we adhere to, and in moments of weakness, will I remember my decision to dominate whatever amount of iron has its hold on me? I hope so.

dynamo
02-20-2008, 03:48 PM
got the flu last thursday been out since saturday I hope to be golden by next monday. At first I was scared I was getting sick from not eating properly and lifting, but then I figured nah its just flu season. I will reevaluate my diet when I get back into lifting I may need more veggies.

dynamo
02-24-2008, 08:37 PM
i've got this sharp stabbing pain in my shoulder so im out until the pain is gone. ill be doing cardio.

dynamo
02-27-2008, 01:25 PM
it will have been two weeks come this friday. I am repeatedly getting depressed, I guess its because of the lack of working out. My injuries are healing up well though, I should be a-ok by monday. If not I will start working out again anyway, I need it, I just never expected to have such psychologically negative effects. I might have to find another way to lift in the event that I injure myself again, I can't afford to be a little bitch.

randommetalguy
02-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Don't push yourself back. You don't want to re aggravate your injury and be out another 3 weeks. Start back slow maybe concentrate on abs and legs the first few days and when you start with your shoulders go easy and lift light the first few times. Like I said the last thing you want to do if re aggravate it.

dynamo
02-29-2008, 02:02 PM
I had to go lift today, I had no choice, well I did, but I chose the road less traveled.

My shoulder felt pain free today, first day in a long time so I went in and just did arms, I figured thats about as shoulder free as I could get, considering most of my exercises are compound.

DB Curl
45x10
45x8
45x6

Hammer Curl
45x8
45x5

French Press
55x10
75x8
75x7

CGBP
135x10
155x7

Then I did some grip exercises

315 for 8 seconds
295 for 8s

just left hand:
75 for 20s
75 for 10s

Then I felt pretty good so I went for some light shoulder workout on my left shoulder, I tried 25lbs on lateral raises (usually do 35) and my shoulder numbed out and I felt that distinctive stabbing pain after my first rep so I dropped to 20 then 15

Front Lateral Raises
15x15
15x10

Side Lateral Raises
15x15
15x8

Standing Dumbbell Press
25x8
25x10

I found I have no stamina in my shoulder, it burned so much to get that 10 rep set in and I almost couldn't do it. I didn't have the stabbing pain with the 25lb weight though. I think I will end up lifting light and focusing on my left arm, with its weak grip and weak shoulder, until my arms balance out. My shoulder is really warm where the pain used to be though. If anyone knows anything about this please do lemme know thanks.

randommetalguy
03-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Glad to see you back in the gym! Keep up the good work. Take it easy on that shoulder for now though.

dynamo
03-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Today was not really an all out day, I felt like I mozied through the gym for the most part.

Dips
BWx12
BW+45x10
BW+60x8

Bench Press
135x10
135x10
155x8
(my right bicep was spasming the whole time through each set)

Decline Dumbbell Press
55x10
65x8

Pullups
BW-100x6
BW-100x6
(my shoulder is weak as all hell, my back didn't feel taxed at all but my should felt like it was going to fall off)

Deadlifts
225x10
225x8
(I was mad, only repping 225 I felt like I shouldve been doing at least 250)

Tbar Row
90x10
90x8
:(

Next time I will eat more than 2 oz of beef for breakfast.

dynamo
03-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Squat
135x10
185x8
205x6
205x4

SLDL
135x10
225x9

Leg Curls
160x10
200x9

Standing Calf Raises
190x10
200x10
210x9
200x10

Solid day all in all, I think i am going to start incorporating lunges so I can realize my full potential with these squats, its a pain in the ass getting back up sometimes...hehe

dynamo
03-06-2008, 04:37 PM
I felt like I pussed out on monday with the bench so I went back today

Flat Bench
135x10 Speed
185x5 no rest besides adding the weight
1-2 min rest
205x4

Chin ups
BWx7

Front Lateral Raise for left shoulder only
25x10

Side LR
25x9

I'm coming back, unf!

oh yeah

Decline situps

BW+35x10

Cable Crunches

200x10
256x3
250x4

dynamo
03-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Friday was a nice workout

Curls
50x8
50x6
45x7

Hammer curls
40x9
45x8

French Press
65x10
70x8
75x5

CGBP
135x10
185x3 then i got scared i'd drop it on my and got get it off for whatever reason
175x3
175x3
175x3
all the same reason i just got scared i wouldnt get it off. pretty weird.

Front LR
30x10
30x8

Side LR
20x10
20x8

Shrugs
95x10

Military Press
85x8
85x6

dynamo
03-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Flat BP
135x10
175x9
185x7
(gunna hit my chest again later this week, I may go back to dumbbell presses for some reason, no one wants to goto the gym at 7 am so I have no spotter and I don't push myself as hard as I know I could for fear of not getting the weight up.)
Dip
BW+45x8
BW+70x4
BW+70x2

Decline DB BP
65x10
65x8

Deadlift
225x4
225x4
315x1
335x0 <---got it off the ground but not very far it felt like my hams were going to explode (its times like this I wish I didn't promise myself to do everything raw, I bet if I had a belt on I wouldve been able to channel some serious energy from my glutes to my abs in order pick this up)
275x2
245x7

Tbar Row
80x10
90x8
100x7

Chin ups
BW-100x6
BW-150x10
BW-150x10

I'm really feeling the chinups in my shoulders and arms. ok off to study for my tests.
P.S. Maximus does not make a good coffee creamer substitute.

dynamo
03-12-2008, 10:19 AM

Cable crunches
180x15
250x10
250x9

Decline DB BP
70x10
70x9
I felt some lingering pain in the shoulder but it dissipates quickly I'll keep an eye on it

Squat
135x10
205x4
205x4
205x6
185x7
I don't know what it is but I have a huge aversion to squats, I just get in the rack and it takes me 30 minutes to finish up my sets.

Kneeling squats (work on the glutes)
135x10
185x7 (at this point my knees hurt too much so I stopped

Lunges (using 40lbs DBs)
80x10
80x8
My glutes feel like they're missing stabilizing muscles on the outside of them. The same aversion I had to doing squats I had with these too.

SLDLs (using only 25lb weights to increase ROM)
195x10
245x4
295x1
245x2 (hand kept slipping I think the bar was greasy)
245x2 (slip issue)
245x2(slip issue)
after finding a towel in the room
245x6

Leg Extensions (figured I'd get my quads more action)
160x10
190x10

Leg Curls
190x10
220x10

Standing Calf Raise Machine
230x10
190x12
190x12
190x10

dynamo
03-13-2008, 02:41 AM
I decided, just now at 4:35 am EST that I am going to up my protein to 1.5g/lbm I've been following the .8g/lbm rule pretty religiously but only b/c I'm about 190lbs of LBM and it easier to eat less. I will shoot for about 285g of protein a day...sigh...thats 12 chicken breast a day, haha, thank god for protein shakes.
I decided this simply based on a 'feeling' the days I intentionally ingest more protein I get a pump going on, for whatever reason, and actually start to feel somewhat euphoric, so I see it as a signal. That and a few protein threads I've read people speak of the .8 rule for sedentary people while some of the bigger folk on here say they had their best gains around 2-3g/lbm. ok peace out.

dynamo
03-13-2008, 04:14 PM
So I was pissed today. Went in the gym and heres how it went

cable crunch
250x10
250x9

Deadlift
315x5 <----PR
315x2
315x2
315x2
315x2
405x0
405x0
405x0

Flat DB BP
75x10
80x5 though I couldn't get a lock out on the last one.

dynamo
03-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Curls
40x10
45x7
40x7

CGBP
185x2 (didn't feel warmed up)
165x10
175x8
185x4 (got stuck under the fifth one, couldn't even BP it off my chest, and this is the reason i don't do collars on the bp!! weeee!)

Hammer curls
45x8
40x8
40x7

French Press(with Barbell)
65x10
85x6
85x5

Standing Military Press
95x10
115x2 (left shoulder is still weak)
95x8
95x6
(I think my ROM is limited on this one, I take the bar to just under my chin, but I think I should be taking the bar to my upper chest after each rep)

Seated Dumbbell OH press
50x10
50x8
50x9
My shoulder had a pretty big numb/stinging pain when I was done these

Side LR
25x2 (felt too heavy to have good form)
20x5(left shoulder wasn't having this)
15x12(low stamina in the left shoulder but I pushed and it burned)
15x10
15x10

Shrugs (didn't really feel like going all out)
65x12

My shoulder is getting much better, but I have to be careful, if I don't watch it I may reinjure by pushing more weight than it can handle.

randommetalguy
03-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Go to Wal-Mart and get you a resistance band probably the red one which is heavy and do warm up shoulder exercises until your shoulder pain goes away. You can step on one end and lateral raise or tie one end to a door knob or bed post and treat your arm like a door hinge and open and close your arm experiencing the resistance from both side. This will help you build strength back into the shoulder and hopefully reduce pain for you when you work out with free weights.

dynamo
03-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Glen, If I had more than 3 dollars in my bank account I would.

So my university's gym is closed today and tomorrow. I decided instead of hitchin' a ride into a local gym I would just take monday and tuesday off because of my blistering hands. I start my cut today too. I imagine I am around 20% bf. I will be cutting the calories, upping the protein, knocking the carbs, and hoping for the ever elusive, lose BF gain LBM, and hit some PRs. I started a picture journal a few weeks ago I will be posting my progress in there:
Dynamo's Picture Journal (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=108332) Peace out.

Edit: I forgot to mention I will be getting serious about the cardio again. Usually 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week a moderate to high intensity run burning an average of 500 to 700 calories per instance.

dynamo
03-20-2008, 08:03 AM
3/19/08

Flat DB BP
50x12
80x8
80x7

Decline DB BP
70x9
70x8

Incline DB BP
65x9
65x8

DL
315x3 (felt like I had 6 or more in me but my left hand cannot hold on to it)
315x2
315x2
315x2
305x5
225x10

Tbar Row
90x8
100x7

Pullups
BWx6
BWx5

Jumping Pullups
BWx3
BWx3

I may incorporate lat pulldowns so I can get a relatively more intense workout on the lats.

dynamo
03-20-2008, 08:53 PM
damn brownies and ice cream dont count for a cut. This time of year is too full of parties and food for me to consider cutting a feasible option. My busted ass cut will end tonight and my less busted cut will start in the beginning of april. I wanted to hit the gym today, didn't have time, I'll shoot for legs tomorrow and hopefully arms, saturday or monday. Easter is sunday I guess? I didn't know...people close things on these days...why? I guess to make it look like they're religious, I dunno...meh

dynamo
03-22-2008, 06:53 PM
3/21/08

Well it was leg day. Couldve been better.

DL
225x8
315x3 (LH grip is way weak couldve hit 6 or 7 if i could hold on to the bar)
315x2
315x2
365x0
365x0
Decided since I couldn't hold onto this weight I'd do some speed lifts with 225 which i could easily hold onto
225x6
225x6
225x2

Squat
135x10
205x5
205x5
205x4
205x2
On the last 3 sets when I hit my last reps I just about fell forward and put all my weight on my toes and pushed my ass out so far to counter balance myself. It was some ****ty form. But the fact that I can push out the two sets like that shows improvement from previous weeks. I just dont what happened to my glutes....I feel like such a bitch only pushing 205 on the squat.

Cable Crunch
200x15
256.6x8

Standing Calf Raises
200x15
200x12

Lunges (using a 55lbs dumbbell in each hand, reps are per leg)
110x8
110x6
Concentrating only on the left leg:
110x5

I wanted to test my shoulder to see how it was healing so I added these:

Incline BP machine
280x8
370x5

Front Lateral Raises
25x8
Shoulder is feeling better, though today a lingering burning sensation has followed. Ok nap time. PEace.

Bupp
03-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Great workout.

dynamo
03-23-2008, 11:51 AM
Great workout.

Hey thanks. As I progress I'm instituting higher volume as it seems to work with my progress. Before it was overtraining now its just adapting.

Good news guys, I had to drain the blisters on my hands the other day, they were ridiculous. They may have been responsible for my weak grip. I did have some hand pain when I was lifting but I worked through it. Its weird having a callous bulging up then driving a needle through it to drain it. (In case youre wondering about the needles I don't use the gear I just have a girlfriend who is a medical assistant, she brings kinky stuff home all the time.)

killxswitch
03-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Hey dude, good work in here. Have you tried a pumice stone for your blisters/callouses? Get your hands wet and just grind 'em down. I always find popping blisters disgusting, yet satisfying.

dynamo
03-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Felt weak today

Flat DB BP
65x12
85x8
85x6
85x4

Incline DB BP
70x7
70x8
70x4

Decline DB BP
75x4
75x7

Tbar Row
90x9
110x7
115x6

Lat Pull Down (got tired of pull ups)
240x4
180x5
150x10
160x6

Cable Rows
170x6

DL
315x0
305x0

SLDL Negatives (using 25s)
245x2

I didn't do DLs today bc I am still pretty weak from doing them Weds and Fri last week so I just wanted to hit my lower back a bit and did those negatives.

dynamo
03-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Short on time today so I did arms in place of legs

Hammer curls
45x10
50x7
50x6

French Press
85x10
95x7
105x4

Curls
50x6
50x6
50x4

Standing Military Press
95x10
105x8
105x7

Seated upright DB Press
55x7
55x6
55x7
(felt like I couldve gone more reps and higher weight but I got that eerie feeling in my left shoulder so I cut it short)

Side lateral raises
20x10
20x8

Tricep Pushdown (Didn't feel like waiting for a bench)
100x8
100x6

dynamo
03-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Did some light lifting today

curls
45x8

lat pull downs
190x8

cable crunch
250x10
250x5

decline situp
bw+35
bw+35

hanging leg raises
bwx10
bwx7

I weighed myself today I was 219.3. I start my cut next week, I am shooting for 10% bf while maintaining and hopefully growing some muscle mass and strength.

dynamo
03-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Squat
205x8
225x7
245x5
265x4
225x3

SLDL
225x8
255x5
275x5
300x3 (hand kept slippin)
300x3 (slippage)

Cable Crunch
250x15
256.6x10

200x15
230x10
230x10
230x10

Seated leg curls
220x10
260x6.5

That brings my big three upto...hold on looking it up...805...hmm...

edit: my quads are insanely in pain. I am also using maximus as my breakfast before my workouts while i cut. I'm pretty jiggly, can't wait to start running tomorrow.

dynamo
03-31-2008, 03:54 PM
DB BP
75x10
85x6
85x3

Incline DB BP
75x8
75x6

Decline
75x8
75x10

Tbar Rows
90x10
115x6
115x5

Lat Pulldowns
170x10
200x6
180x6

Didn't do deadlifts my legs and back are still shot from saturday.

dynamo
04-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Bench Press
135x8
185x1
225x1
235x1
245x0

Squat
135x8
225x1

Deadlift
185x4
315x1
385x0
365x0
365x1

Decline Bench
135x20
185x9

Cable Crunch
250x15
256.6x10

dynamo
04-05-2008, 08:06 AM
4/4/08

Squat
135x10
225x8
245x3
245x7
225x5

DL
315x4
285x8
300x8

Side LR
25x8
20x8

Front LR
25x10
35x8

Calf Raises
200x12
230x12
240x12
240x12

Curls
40x10
50x8
45x8

CGBP
165x10
185x8
195x4

Tricep Pushdowns (french press is putting too much strain on my rotator cuff at this point so I substituted)
106x8
100x10

Still today (4.5.08) I have to do SLDLs and some more hamstring work and I should be doing some military presses and more shoulder work but I think Ill hol doff on that bc Im having shoulder problems. Not sure if i'll get to it. If school work allows I will run though.

dynamo
04-06-2008, 12:14 PM
fitday is a ho. But i gotta do it. I'm testing for my maintenance calories. My cut has been a pretty big failure thus far so I need fitday. I also need more experience on monitoring my intake. I can get super fat really easily and super skinny easily too. Gotta find my middle ground now. Seems around 2000kcal may be the sweet spot for fat loss and muscle growth.

dynamo
04-07-2008, 07:49 AM
I found my left shoulder pretty weak today. I am really getting pissed off about it. I think I will going for higher volume routines in the exercises that involve delts. I warmed up with 65x15 on the flat db bp and until about rep 10 my shoulder felt like it was a dried up rubber band being stretched over and over again. Didn't think it was goinng to tear but I thought if I started with 80lbs DBs I probably would've torn something.

Flat DB BP
65x15
85x7
85x5

Tbar Row
90x10 (easy as balls I was surprised)
115x9
115x7 (wanted 8 but my back wasn't having it and I'm itching for 135...I don't know if you know this about me but I love to lift weights that seem obscene to other people and having that bar loaded up with 3 45lbs weight would turn some heads. Its just a minor motivation to progess for me.)

Incline DB BP (Shoulder was a bitch)
65x10
65x10 (told myself id do 15 just to make up for the low weight, but I could barely get up the 10th one)

Lat Pulldown
190x10 (wasn't sure about form, I felt like I might have been using too much middle back to move the weight)
200x8 (so I jumped 10 lbs and sure enough I was!)
135x12 (just to see if I was actually doing my sets with improper form, couldn't tell too much and I did this set instantly after the 200x8 so my arms were burning more than anything else)

Decline DB BP
80x7
80x4 (I was burnt out)

DL
225x3 (got lazy and light headed figured I needed some food so I'll go back this afternoon.)

P.S. I only got about 5 hours of sleep last night too so could just be a bad day

Jaybird88
04-07-2008, 07:53 AM
I don't know if you know this about me but I love to lift weights that seem obscene to other people and having that bar loaded up with 3 45lbs weight would turn some heads. Its just a minor motivation to progess for me.

I'm with you here, brother.

Kepp up the good work!

dynamo
04-07-2008, 10:32 PM
2300-2500cals=220lbs
1900cals=210lbs?
Shooting for 210 but still keeping my protein intake around 200g/day. I will be ripped whether I want to or not.

dynamo
04-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Did my deadlifts!!

225x10
315x7
365x0
330x3
315x2
315x0
300x1
300x2 (I farted so loud on the first one, it was hilarious!)

dynamo
04-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Woke up early today. Not a bad deal. Heres what I did

DB Curls
35x20
40x10
40x7

Hammer Curls
40x10

Tricep Pull Downs
100x10
110x5
103x7

Seated overhead tricep extensions
65x12
65x10

Standing Mil Press
95x10
105x8 (My left shoulder needs to suck it up and get well)

Front Lateral Raise
25x10
25x8

Side Lateral Raise
25x6
20x10
20x7

Shrugs
90x12

After my shoulder work my left arm felt like dead weight hanging off of me. I'm going to keep the volume down on my shoulders for a while see if that helps me. I felt like I was going to pass out again. Im not sure whats up, its the feeling of not having enough food in my stomach and being weak from not eating enough before strenuous activity. I've done protein breakfasts and carb breakfasts I'm thinking I may just need to take some gatorade with me to carry me through my work outs. Could be my minerals and such. I'll get back on those vitamins.

dynamo
04-11-2008, 06:54 AM
Sigh....We don't have a power rack at here at my school, probably because our dominating sport here is chess....so I can't do rack pulls, so I've decided to go with face pulls on my arm days, I think it will help my shoulder too...My newbie gains are gone. It makes it a little less exciting to go to the gym now but its only shifted the motivation and determination, I knew this day would come
Thinking about my traps, I see some logs here where people shrug over 400 lbs. I have trouble shrugging over 90lbs with good form, I wonder if mammoth traps would help me with the lock out on my deadlifts in the higher weights.
My cut isn't working. I started at 220, got down to 217.5 went back up to 221. The issue is I am more interested in hitting my protein point on a daily basis than my calorie point. I'm hella poor but I'm gunna try to find a way to fork down the dough for some more protein that way I don't have to shoot for eating half a cow and 300 chickens a day. I'm liking the idea of buying some dry milk from sam's club. Its got 8g of protein in every 1/3 cup of powder. I can mix 1 cup of power in a coffee mug and have a rather sweet milky treat and get substantial protein. We'll see how everything goes...Big test today gotta go study ciao

dynamo
04-12-2008, 06:39 PM
good workout today. I took the gatorade w/ me, it made a huge difference

SLDL
275x10
275x7
300x5

DL
325x5

Squat
225x10
245x5
235x5
225x5

Standing calf
230x12
240x12
240x10
240x10

Leg Curls
240x10
260x7

Not the most intense day but not as bad as it could've been.

dynamo
04-17-2008, 05:28 AM
Meh workout yesterday

Curls
40x10
50x5
45x5
45x7

Tri Pushdown
100x10
110x5
103x5
103x7

OH Tri Extension
75x8
75x6
70x7

Hammer Curls
45x7
45x6
45x5

Can't wait for my shoulder to work again. Tomorrow is leg day, yay.

randommetalguy
04-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Just checkin' on you to make sure you're not slackin'. Looks like you're doin' a fine job. Keep it up and get that shoulder workin'.

p.s. I didn't use any "G's" in this post.

dynamo
04-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Squat
225x10
245x6
245x5
225x7

Standing Calf Raises
240x12
250x12
260x12
260x8

dynamo
04-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Not a bad day

Curls
40x10
45x7
45x6

Tricep Pulldowns
100x10
110x6
96x8

Hammer Curls
45x6
45x5
45x4

Overhead Tricep Press
75x10
80x8
80x6

Standing military press
95x10
95x8

Face Pulls using cable machine and tricep rope
60x10
70x10
110x8

My shoulder seems to be healing nicely, i didn't push too hard i'll up the intensity next week when i start doing chest and back again

dynamo
04-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Today was alright not the best though...i've been ignoring my hams for a while but next week i plan on being full force assuming my shoulder holds up

squat
225x10
275x4
255x5

seated calf raises
135x12
135x8
135x10

Pullups (palm in)
BWx8
BWx5

DL
315x1
315x1

The DLs were easy but my left hand cant hold on..im buying some chalk im ****ing sick of dirty ass bars holding me up from progressing.

dynamo
04-28-2008, 08:21 AM
Ok first day back for the chest and back...i was feeling woozy today probably from the lack of sleep and no gatorade w/ me today. I took it easy bc of the RC injury on the left arm and not to mention there is a noticeable strength difference between arms

Flat DB Bench
60x15
85x5 (this is when i really notice my left arm struggling and I know it says don't drop the weights on the wall, but last time i didn't i injured my shoulder so i dropped that ****er like i wanted it to go through the floor)
70x7

DL
305x2 (left arm pussed out)
275x5 (lower back pussed out)
225x10 (I knocked these out so fast, excellent speed work)

Decline DB BP
60x11
60x8 (I really started feeling it in my shoulder I so cut it short)

Tbar row
90x10 (felt the passout sensation)
135x1 (too heavy)
115x1 (felt fine to do it but once i had to cope with the load I felt like i was going to pass out)
90x5 (Stopped at 5 bc I was ready to curl up in a ball and take a nap)

Still have pullups and incline to do, but I wont bother til tomorrow when I am feeling better.

I bought some nitrean multiplus and results today, I was going to get nitor also but since I already hit the stimulants w/ my ADD meds and coffee I figured that would own me. I figured my diet is missing too many essentials and I plan on cutting so this way I can cut, get my essential vits and mins, always hit my protein set point every day, and still be strong in the gym while minimizing my calories. So there you have it Nitrean, Results, Multiplus, Nitor, my mother****in' awesome weightloss stack.

dynamo
05-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Friday 5.2.08

DB Curls
45x8
45x7
45x6

OH DB tri ext
80x10
85x6
90x4

Hammer Curls
45x7
45x6
45x5

CGBP
135x10
155x8
175x6

Squat
225x10
275x5
285x0.8
275x1 (said **** it and left)

Today 5.3.08

Squat
225x8
275x7
275x7

SLDL
315x1
315x1
315x1
315x1
315x1
275x2
225x0.5 (my lower back wasn't going to do any more, but my legs were fine)

Mil Press
135x6
135x4
135x3

Seated Calf Raises
135x10
180x8
225x6

Face Pull w/ Rope
80x10
120x8
140x4

Face Pull w/ Lat Bar
180x8

Then I convinced myself I was running out of time to study and I did just recover from a shoulder injury so I should take it easy therefore I left. If I decided to stick it out I wouldve done lateral raises and leg curls and seated DB overhead presses. Even though next week is more insane than last week I should be fairly organized and able to do my whole routine on time each day.

dynamo
05-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Today was ok, though my lower back is still weak from the SLDLs on saturday, it was a strain to even pull 225 so I didn't bother.

Flat DB Bench
65x10
80x8
90x4
90x3

DL
275x0
225x1
(**** it moved on)

Incline DB Press
70x8
80x5
80x2

Tbar row
90x10
125x6
135x4ish (form was a little spotty)

Decline BP
135x10(speedy)
185x8
(this is where I thought, I need 15 more lbs to get to 200 so i'll add 15 and knock out this last set, silly me, I added 15 to each side but by the time I realized it I was already hanging upside down so I went for it)
215x2 (I didn't want to fail and not have a spotter)
205x3 (same failure w/o spotter=death)
185x6 (wouldve like to have kept going but no spotter again)

Lat Pulldown
200x10
210x6 (I wasn't liking my form)
200x6

I'm 225 now up from 203 when I started in october though I didn't really focus on weight gain until probably feb. All my pants still fit which is nice, so I have added some LBM but my boobies are a little jiggly which is depressing. I've been trying to cut but its tough when I feel like im going to passout when I don't eat.

dynamo
05-07-2008, 05:14 PM
DL
275x5

Curls
40x10
45x7
45x7

CGBP
185x8
195x5
200x3 (spotty form)

Cable curls
140x8
140x7
140x6

Tricep Pulldown
100x10
110x8
110x7 (spotty form)

Felt like passing out again so I cut it short kinda weird cuz i took multiplus and had 4 servings of go lean crunch an hr before and my results. Usually i hit shoulders today too but Ill do em on friday after my heat and mass test.

EDIT: **** today sucked *******, it felt like I did so much more, **** me.
EDIT2: ok i only slept 4 hours last night I'm ok with this then.

dynamo
05-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Well I was up all night studying so today wasn't too bad considering that

DL
135x10
225x8
315x5
365x0
325x0
315x0
I strained my lowerback at some point and I couldn't take much more after that

Front Squat
135x10
185x0
175x8
First time i've ever done front squats. My shoulders are in mad pain from it. I really enjoyed these. My abs got shook, and my quads were way more involved.

Standing Mil press
135x3

Leg extensions
290x10

LR
25x10
25x8

Then i left. i'll finish up tomorrow.

randommetalguy
05-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Yo, I can count on one hand how many times you've been to the gym this month. You need to step it up. I know we have finals and all but you gotsta get motivated son.

BTW did you new shipment of Nitrean and Nitor come yet?

dynamo
05-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Flat DB BP
70x10
85x8
85x5

DL
275x10
315x2
315x1
305x2

Incline DB BP
75x10
80x6
80x2

Tbar Row
125x6
135x4 (****ty form)
115x4

Decline DB BP
70x8
70x4 (weak arms)
70x5 (weak arms)

Lat Pulldown
200x2
150x14
150x6
180x4

Front Squat
135x10 (I went for 185 but my glutes, of all things, said no)

My lower back is my weak point on the deads it just gives up after one set and it pisses me off. I'm putting bent over rows in place of the tbar and rack pulls in place of the deads from now on. My lower back needs some focus, it just decided one day it wasn't going to lift that kind of weight not sure why.

dynamo
05-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Sunday 5.18.08

Squats
135x15
225x10
275x6

Front Squat
225x2
135x2

SLDL
225x10
225x9

Leg extensions machine
256.666x10
256.666x10

Leg curls
240x10
240x10

Curls
40x10

CGBP
135x4

Tri extension machine
110x10

face pull
200x10

oh press machine
160x10

back to exams...

dynamo
05-22-2008, 06:44 PM
DL
315x8
365x4
315x2
405x0

flat DB BP
75x8
Only slept 1 hour this day and only ate about 300 calories at 9am I went lifting at 130pm so not a bad day considering

flat DB BP
80x8
90x6
90x4

Tbar row
135x8
140x6
160x2 (didnt like my form)
135x4

Incline DB BP
85x6
85x4
85x3

Lat pull down

200x9
200x7
203.3333x4

Decline DB BP
85x4
75x5
75x4

Facepull
200x9
200x6
200x4

Standing mil press
125x9
135x2
125x2

Lateral raises
20x10
25x8

left shoulder felt awfully weak....istart work tomorrow hopefully i have time to lift...gunna do tris bis and legs tomorrow.

dynamo
05-25-2008, 11:01 PM
missed my w/o friday, bc i made obligations to go to NoVA but they fell through, no hard feelings though, ill double up next week. gunna try using the rope for the face pulls from now on see if i cant engage my rotator cuff more. peace.

dynamo
05-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Flat Db Press
85x8
90x6
90x4

Decline DB Press
85x8
85x6
85x3

Incline DP Press
75x8
75x6
75x6

Rack Pulls on Smith Machine above knee (adding only weight by plate no assumed bar weight, though the guide bars were wicked rusty)

270x6
270x6
270x6
I figure most people can rack pull more than they deadlift so I assume with friction included my pulls were at least totaling 365 lbs as I can dead lift this much 6 times.

Tbar row
135x7
135x5
115x6

Cable Row
200x7
200x5
160x10

Pec Deck (head fully back, back completely pushed against the pad)
160x7
160x6
160x5

dynamo
05-30-2008, 10:52 PM
21s
preacher bar+50lbs(7-7-7)
preacher bar+55lbs (7-7)

Curls
preacher bar+55 1x5

Hammer Curls
45x7x6x5

Preacher MAchine
60x10
63x8
66x6

Tri Pulldowns w/ rope
170x8
170x6
170x4

Tri ext mach
110x10
120x10
120x8

CGBP
205x4
195x4
185x4
(not much rest between sets, just enough time to change plates)

Hroll
10lbs
5lbs

Facepull
200x8
200x6 (didnt like form)
180x8

My left shoulder is stupid weak compared to my right, the Hroll is amazing it isolates my RC so well and hopefully will allow me to power through my benching sticking points.

dynamo
05-31-2008, 04:15 PM
Military Press
115x10
135x7
135x1
115x9

DL
315x5
then for whatever damn reason I was out of it...I couldn't even put up 135 without feeling like my back was going to buckle

GMs
95x10
105x10
115x10
didn't feel it in anything other than my lower back and middle back

Leg Press
450x10
630x10
630x9

seated shoulder press
55x10
55x9
55x8
usually i do 60-75 but my left shoulder was weak

Standing Calf Raise machine
250x12
250x10
250x15
250x12

Front LR
30x10
30x5
25x8

thats it...and it took me 2.5 hours to do....

killxswitch
05-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Strong workout, if 135 felt crappy on DL then going 315 x 5 is great. I hate it when I'm lifting something I know I've done before but for whatever reason it feels so much heavier.

dynamo
06-01-2008, 07:22 PM
I've set myself up a new schedule as I am psychologically tired of my old one, but thats ok I think, i've been doing it for about 4 months now. Here is my new routine
generally running monday through thursday but I do leave room for error bc as we all know stuff comes up and I may need to skip a day and pick up the next day.
Day 1

Exercise Sets Reps
Rack Pull 3 6 to 8
Tbar Row 3 6 to 8
Lat Pull Down 3 6 to 8
Cable Row 3 6 to 8
Bent Over Row 3 6 to 8
H roll 3 5/5/5/5
Face Pull 3 6 to 8

Hroll I say 5/5/5/5 bc usually the H roll is supposed to be an up/down movement but I added a circular motion to it where I go from bottom to my head then rotate my arms out to a T position and finish up in the starting position so I say one rep is from starting position back to starting position and I do the hroll 5 times then the h to t roll 5 times then hroll 5 times then h to t roll 5 times and that is one set.

Day 2

Exercise Sets Reps
Incline BP 3 8 to 10
Decline BP 3 8 to 10
Flat BP 3 8 to 10
Pec Deck 3 8 to 10
DB Flys 3 8 to 10

Day 3

Exercise Sets Reps
Standing Preacher Bar Curls 3 6 to 8
Hammer Curls 3 6 to 8
Cable Curls 3 6 to 8
Machine Preacher Curls 3 6 to 8
CGBP 3 6 to 8
Rope Pull Downs 3 6 to 8
Seated Tri Extensions 3 6 to 8
OH Tri Extension Machine 3 6 to 8

Day 4

Exercise Sets Reps
Front Squats 3 6 to 8
Squats 3 6 to 8
Good Mornings 3 6 to 8
SLDL 3 6 to 8
DL 3 6 to 8
Mil Press 3 6 to 8
Shoulder Press 3 6 to 8

So I wil try this and if it seems like i am over training I'll cut back. I'm doing this high volume (compared to my old routine) bc I want to build up some muscular endurance.

randommetalguy
06-02-2008, 09:05 AM
Best of luck on the new work out. I hope you see an increase in size and strength. I'll keep you posted on how the WBB 1.1 routine goes.

dynamo
06-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Rack Pulls
270x8
340x6
360x6

Tbar Row
135x7
135x6
145x5

Cable Row
160x10
200x6
200x5

Hroll (5/5/5/5)
10lbs
10(5/5/5/2)
10(5/5/5/3)

Tbar Row
135x8
155x6
165x6

Lat PD
200x8
210x5
203.33x6

Face Pull
200x8
210x6
213.33x5

Already sore its been 48 minutes sine I finished. This should be a good routine!

dynamo
06-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Flat BP
135x10
205x6
215x4
215x3

Decline BP
205x8
205x5
205x6

Incline BP
135x10
155x8
165x6
My shoulder needs some serious work.

Pec Deck
150x8
150x5
160x6

DB Flys
25x10
25x10
25x10
I felt a big tightness on my left shoulder on the outside of my arm at the stretching portion of th exercise, whatever they call that...Didn't feel like a good stretch either, more like a knot that was being aggravated...i feel pretty good now, I hope i get good results from this new routine. From looking at these numbers its obvious my bench press needs alot of work. I can't wait til leg day I want to see how my lower back holds up to deads.

dynamo
06-07-2008, 04:29 PM
Standing Preacher Bar Curl
50x7
70x8
90x2.5->70x5

Hammer Curls
40x11
45x9
50x5

Cable Curls
130x9
140x5
140x8

Machine Preacher Curl
100x8
100x2->90x4
100x7

CGBP
185x5
195x6
200x4

Rope Pull Downs
190x8
190x4
190x6

One Arm Seated Tri Extensions
L:30x12
R:30x12

L:35x8
R:35x7

L:35x9
R:35x8

OH Tri Extension Machine
120x12
150x12
190x6

Front Squat
135x10
155x10
190x6
190x6
190x5

Squat
225x5
225x5
225x5

DL
315x5
315x5
315x4.7 (no lockout on the last one)

SLDL
275x6
295x5
305x5

GMs
95x10
115x6
135x6

Calf Raises
250x10
270x10
300x9

OH Shoulder Press
45x10
45x10
45x9
(left shoulder is BUSTED!!)

killxswitch
06-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Nice squats and DLs, I like the front squats especially. Do you think all that arm work is benefiting you? It's of course against the rules of WBB to do direct arm work, didn't anyone tell you? :D

dynamo
06-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Nice squats and DLs, I like the front squats especially. Do you think all that arm work is benefiting you? It's of course against the rules of WBB to do direct arm work, didn't anyone tell you? :D

HAHA!! yeahh it helps, before my biceps would be twitching when i benched so I think it at least has a wonderful psychological effect on me, besides who doesnt like big gunz :D

dynamo
06-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Rack Pulls (on smith so I minus 45 since i assume the bar is 0)
270x10
360x8
450x0.5
410x7

Tbar row
135x7
145x5
150x4

Cable Row
200x10
230x5
210x6

Lat PDs
200x8
210x6
220x5

Ugh I forgot my workout journal today so i couldn't remember what else i should do. I will hit hroll and such tomorrow.

dynamo
06-11-2008, 06:39 AM
FBP
185x8
195x8
205x6

DBP
205x8
205x6
205x6

IBP
135x8
185x1
155x6
155x5

Face Pull
200x8
210x7
220x6

Hroll (5/5/5/5)
10x3

Bent Over Row
135x10
185x5
185x5

DB Fly
40x8
40x6
40x5

dynamo
06-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Hammer Curls
40x10
50x8
50x5

Preacher bar curls(weight is only the plates doesnt include bar weight)
50x10
60x8
60x7

Machine Preacher Curls
110x8
110x8
120x7

Seated OH DB press
45x10
60x8
60x7

CGBP
185x8
205x5
205x3
my tris felt like they were going to explode at this point, seems warranted as i did bench 205 yesterday

OH tri extensions DB single hand
L:30x7
R:30x8
L:30x8
R:30x8
L:30x7
R:30x7

OH Tri extension Machine
110x10
110x8
120x10

Rope Tri PD
130x10
140x7
(tris were beat to hell)
90x20

dynamo
06-11-2008, 05:58 PM
interesting phenomenon. People dont realize how large I am so sometimes I walk up to them maybe 6 inches away ro so and cover them in my shadow at which point they cower. very interesting effect.

dynamo
06-13-2008, 06:23 AM
DL
315x5
365x3
315x5
315x4.5

Front Squat
190x5
190x5

Back Squat
190x5

GMs
135x8
150x2
135x5

Back Squat
225x5
225x5

Standing Milpress
135x6
135x5
135x2.5

Seated Calf Raises
180x10
225x8
225x6

randommetalguy
06-13-2008, 06:31 AM
Nice workout. What supplements are you taking now? Are you still on Results?

dynamo
06-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Nice workout. What supplements are you taking now? Are you still on Results?

results protein and food. food being the most important.

killxswitch
06-13-2008, 07:30 AM
interesting phenomenon. People dont realize how large I am so sometimes I walk up to them maybe 6 inches away ro so and cover them in my shadow at which point they cower. very interesting effect.

wtf, haha.

Nice deads btw, that's a lot of volume.

dynamo
06-17-2008, 06:06 PM

Rack Pull via smith machine
270x8
450x1 (my hands felt like they were ripping the skin so I had to look for some towels to cushion it)
450x3
430x5
430x5

Tbar Row
135x8
160x6
160x3.5

Cable Row
200x10
230x7
230x5

Facepull
200x8
220x6
220x5

Lat Pulldown
230x6
230x5
230x5
I wanted to do pull ups but my hands hurt sooo bad from the rack pulls it honestly felt like i couldve pulled the skin off like the skin off a chicken breast if i wanted to.

Bent Over Row
185x8
135x12 (wanted to check form and such)
185x4

H roll (5/5/5/5)
10lbs
10lbs
10lbs

Flat BP
185x8
205x6
205x7

Decline BP
205x8
205x7
205x6

Incline BP
135x8
135x7
135x7

Pec Deck
140x8
150x6
150x5

Incline DB Fly
30x8
40x6
35x7

dynamo
06-20-2008, 06:33 AM
I did arms...thats was awesome...yesterday i did deads but i stopped after that bc I had **** to do.

CGBP
185x10
205x8
225x4 (very cool, you gotta look at my bench from the day before I find it very interesting)

Rope Pulldown
190x8
170x8
170x6

OH tri extension machine
110x12
120x12
140x8

OH Tri extension w/ DBs
L:35x8
R:35x8
L:40x6
R:40x6
L:40x7
R:40x7
form is shady so I may drop the weight next week but doing this is a great tricep isolator

PB Curls(doesnt include bar weight)
50x10
70x8
70x6

Hammer Curls
30x8
40x10
45x8

DB Curls
40x8
45x8
45x8

im sure there is more but this **** hole is loud as hell and i cant think.

DL
315x5
365x5
365x4
365x1
(the 365 hurt so much but my back feels like it could stop bullets today.) I'm telling you I will have a 1RM of at least 500 before summer is over. While I'm at it i'll tell you my goals for the summer

[B]DL
1RM:500+
SQ
1RM:400+ (may change considering I can just about rep 315 but i've been a pussy lately with the squats)
Bench
1RM:315+

dynamo
06-22-2008, 02:56 PM

OH DB Press
45x12
60x8
65x5

Standing Mil Press
115x10
120x9
125x7

Squat
225x10
275x5
295x1
295x.5 ->FAIL
(power clean 135)
285x1
285x.5 ->FAIL
(power clean 135)
275x1
275x0.5 ->FAIL
(power clean 135)
275x1
275x0.5 ->FAIL
(power clean 135)
275x1
275x0.5 -> FAIL
(power clean 135)
225x5 ATG

GMs
135x8
155x1
135x5
(bout to pass out, i went home)

dynamo
06-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Rack Pull on Smith
270x10
450x5
470x1.5
460x0.5
450x5
270x10

Tbar
135x8
135x7
135x8
(figured i'd keep the weight 'low' so i could rep a bit. im not entirely satisfied doing 5 reps on this)

Cable Row
200x10
230x6-->220x1
220x8

Hroll (5/5/5/5)
15lbs
15lbs
15lbs
(huge pain in the arse, my shoulders felt like they were going to explode off my body with the extra 5 lbs, if we had 2.5lbs magnets i wouldve done 12.5 lbs)

Lat Pulldown
200x10
220x8
220x9
(i need chalk, i found two rags in the gym and used those to keep my hands from slipping but really to be effective i need to keep my hand from slipping all the time.)

dynamo
06-23-2008, 06:45 PM
update on my weight situation. when I started lifting I was 220 lbs probably 20-30% bf. I dropped to 203lbs and hovered there, ate more got to 211 but was more fat than i wanted so I cleaned up and kept eating. Now I am 230lbs and probably 15-20% fat and I am thinking I will try to stay 230lbs and burn the fat now/gain muscle so I can keep my weight. I am absolutely massive compared to when I started but for my weight I think I am too weak. Its time to max out my potential at this poundage.

killxswitch
06-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Did you do power cleans as punishment for when you missed a squat rep? That workout looked killer. Your weight/bf% goals look pretty good, though I don't know how tall you are. 15-20% is a pretty wide range though, maybe you should take some pics and have people here estimate.

dynamo
06-24-2008, 06:29 PM
Flat BP
135x20
225x1

After the 225x1 it felt like my right trap and rear delt were gunna explode which may have been me pulling those muscles yesterday on the 470x1 lockout. hence i decided to take today off rest up and continue tomorrow. I thought about switching arm and chest day but only after i left, probably good i took this day off i didnt have my music/got to chill out a lil :D but this just means no friday off.

dynamo
06-25-2008, 06:13 AM
el oh el this is my schedule for today. I hope I have enough juice for it:

Incline BP
Decline BP
Flat BP
Pec Deck
DB Flys
Face Pull
Bent Over Row
Hammer Curls
Cable Curls
Machine Preacher Curls
OH Tri Extension Machine

Oh the bright side my shoulders feel almost 100% today so I am happy

dynamo
07-02-2008, 06:47 AM
OOF I haven't been to the gym at all this week I think I'll try to dip out of work early today and do chest and back and arms today I don't know if I'll have the energy. Maybe just light weight CNS stuff. This week has been super busy, I'm actually thinking about taking the whole week off from lifting. My gym is closed on friday I have some supplements coming in so I hope to have them by friday. The ony thing keeping me from taking the week off is I haven't done this routine all that long, but who knows. I'm pretty tired right now, I think its caffiene withdrawal. Ugh more work. P.S. there is this girl named aidan at work. she says its nadia backwards, shes weird and refers to herself in the 3rd person.

dynamo
07-02-2008, 08:07 AM
i found this post on deloading: http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=112551

Its pretty much all i need to tell me is ok to skip a week. yay for not having work todo in the morning!

dynamo
07-02-2008, 11:12 PM
My upper back, since I didn't work it out this week, is getting weird knots in it and kinda feels like i've been working it out (has that DOMS type feeling) anyway even though I don't actually have a job that requires any physical activity at all.

I got some opticen. I had the 3 scoop serving and it was awesome. My mental fog went away after about 30 minutes and I wasn't hungry. I generally eat 300-600 cals in a meal and im hungry within 20-30 minutes, this actually kept me full for a long time. Thus I can conclude, even with all the food I eat (3000-4000 cals/day) I still have a ****ty diet and should include vitamins in it again. mmmhmm. Imma try the opticen for breakfast and see if it fills me up. Usually I have two low fat sausage biscuits and they're close to 300 cals a pieces and 18g of protein per, yet I am aching for food within 2 hours. Let see if 3 scoops of opticen will keep me full (if not full, satisfied) for 6 hours. Bed time again...later.

dynamo
07-04-2008, 07:29 AM
Opticen worked well, I still got hungry but the sensation was far more bearable. I may end up making my breakfast and dinner opticen while having protein shakes between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner. This seems like a sensible way to cut. I may finally be figuring this out.

dynamo
07-11-2008, 07:50 AM
DL:
315x7
335x6
385x1
365x2

ATG Squat:
225x5
245x5
265x1
245x4
245x3
275x2

GM:
135x6
155x5
165x5

SLDL:
245x5
245x5
245x3
(all 25lbs plates)

Standing Calf Raises
300x12
300x10
300x10

Mil Press
115x7
115x10
115x7

DB Cull
40x10
45x10
45x7

Hammer Curl
50x5
50x5
50x5

CGBP
205x5
205x5
205x4
(hands kept sliding outward)

OH Tri Extension
L:35x10; 40x10; 40x7
R:35x10; 40x9; 40x7

Cable Curls
140x10
150x7
150x7

Tri Rope PD

170x10
180x7
180x6

Oh Tri Machine
140x10
200x3

Machine Preacher Curl
90x10
100x5
90x6

took a week off

Rack Pull
270x7
450x1
450x1
450x5
470x2
450x1

Tbar Row
135x9
160x4
135x7

Cable Row
230x8
230x8
230x6

Lat PD
220x8
230x6
230x6

Face Pull
230x6
230x6
230x6

Bent Over DB Row
L:85x10; 85x12; 85x10
R:85x10; 85x10; 85x10

FBP
135x12 (wide grip, my pinkies were rubbing the bench where you lift off)
185x10
205x6
205x5

DBP
205x8
205x6
205x8

IBP
135x7 (long pause at rep 5 & left shoulder still pops on the descent)
135x7
155x5

Pec Deck
160x8
160x7
160x5.5
160x1 (nice feeling on this one, I almost threw up :D)

DB Flys
35x8
40x5.75
35x7

CGBP
185x8
195x8
205x5
205x2

Tri PD
190x10
200x8
(above sets were using the tiny V bar thing)
200x2
190x4
180x2
(above sets using the rope)

OH Tri Ext
L: 30x10; 40x5; 35x8
R: 30x10; 40x5; 35x8

Hammer Curl
45x10
45x8
45x6

Curls
40x9
40x8
35x8 (got lazy, good thing though, my arms were sore from the chest and back days)

Cable Curls
120x10 (did these super fast I almost thought I was gunna bust my nose open)
130x4
150x4
130x9

OH Tri Ext Mach

100x12
100x15
100x20
(lazy again)

PB Curl Machine
70x8
70x8
70x8

Front LR
L: 20x10 25x10 30x10
R: 20x10 25x10 30x10

Side LR
20x8
25x6
25x5.5

DL
225x7
315x5
365x1x1x1x1x1
(my hands were feeling too sore, once my chalk comes in I should be repping it no sweat, hehe)

ATG Squat
225x5
265x4
275x3
225x5
(I find that ATG squats actually help me sit back and keep my form alot better not to mention the intense glute and quad usage versus the paralell, you see I absolutely hate squatting so I really only do it to help my deadlift and if I'm not doing ATG squats Im not really working on the deadlift muscle)

GM

135x10
185x6
205x5

Mil Press

135x7
135x6
135x5 (had to jump to get the last rep up)

Seated Calf Raise

180x10
270x8
235x8

Leg Extension

256.6x10
256.6x10
256.6x9

dynamo
07-15-2008, 06:24 AM

So I was in chevy chase MD yesterday at the bally total fitness on viers rd and I actually got to use a power rack it was the bomb. Also I figured I'd be one of the weaker guys in there, but nah I was one of the strongest. Also this lil indian guy who was doing platform SLDLs saw me doing rack pulls with 405 and came over to talk powerlifting. My hands are still beat from lifting without chalk so when I went to pull 475 I just couldn't grip the bar and I wasn't about to do singles. So he asks me if its too heavy and I laugh and say no I just don't have a grip he tells me about chalk and I tell him I know but I'm not from around here and didn't bring it then he tells me about hook grip and I'm like hell no I value my thumbs and I hardly doubt lifting hook grip with 475 as my first attempt would be wise. After he left I tried with 405 and my right thumb is bruised. And as I was the 'new guy' I had people stare but this was the first time evAr I was the new guy and knew what I was doing. yay!

P.S. Only had a subway foot long meatball sub at noon so I attribute that to my low numbers that and the fact I was using machines that aren't the same as my school and since the pulleys were noticeably spaced differently than the school equipment the total effective weight lifted per plate may very well have been higher.

Rack pull (the assumption is the bars were 45 lbs but they didn't look oly standard beyond the 2.5" collar. Where the collar meets the grip was this big ass 3" nut, the kinda nut you'd put on a bolt it was mad thick and thats why I question the weight of the bar)

315x10
405x5
495x0.25
475x2
405x7

Tbar bar row (the weight listed is only counting the plates)

(I actually just loaded up a barbell with weight, wedged it in a corner and pulled so I did alot more weight than I am used to since I couldn't find the tbar row machine)

225x7 (5 plates)
270x1 (6 plates)
250x2 (5 plates + 25)
225x6 (5)
225x7 (5)

Lat Pulldowns

200x8 (shoddy form)
180x8
180x8

Cable Row

200x8
200x7
200x6

Face Pull
200x8
200x7
200x6

Hroll (5/5/5/5)
10lbs
15lbs
15lbs

dynamo
07-19-2008, 08:50 PM
skimped out on leg day, i only had a subway sub for lunch, so 400 cals 4 hrs before my lifting wasnt gunna cut it. I decided I'm moving all my exercises to a 5x5. Its alot more consistent and I wanna see what kinds of gains I can pull. I've stagnated with the usual mantra of 3 sets of 7 to 10. Ok well, not really stagnated, just gotten tired of doing it.
Last week was tough to make it to the gym, got in an argument with my mom last sunday and ended up leaving without anything other than my backpack but i have some good friends and im just about back on my feet. Next week is looking even better so hopefully i'll be on point come monday and doing a 5x5 routine will be exhilarating and beneficial. ok, i'm off to bed, gotta wake up early and finish my code for work. peace.

dynamo
07-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Rack Pull
270x5
360x5
450x5
500x1x1x1x1x1
500x5

Tbar Row
135x5
155x5
160x5
165x5
165x5

Cable Row
230x5
240x5
250x5
253.3x5
260x5

Lat PD
210x5
220x5
230x5
233x5
236x5

Face Pull
230x5
240x5
(then my hands hurt so much)
230x5
150x10

dynamo
07-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Flat BP
135x5
185x5
205x5
225x5
230x3

Decline BP
225x5
235x5
240x5
245x5
250x5

Incline BP
135x5
185x1
155x5
165x5
175x5
185x3

DB Flys
40x5
50x3
45x5
45x2
40x5
45x5

Pec Deck
150x5
160x5
160x4
160x4
160x4

dynamo
08-02-2008, 08:39 AM
I'm not even gunna list arm day bc I just don't care but let it be known I missed triceps this week.

DL
315x5
365x1
365x5
385x1x1x3
405x0x0x0x0x0
I could get 405 off the ground and it never once felt like I was going to throw my back out, which is sweet, and I tried switching from leg power to back power to get it off the ground but it wouldn't budge after that first 2 inches, nevertheless it was still impressive when I dropped it on the ground from that height.

Squat
225x5
245x5
265x3x2x3
245x3
225x5
These were wayyyy weaker than what I was expecting and I even stopped caring about how my back felt bc it was weak as hell after deads, I imagine I am going to have to swap squats out with some other day bc I just can't get the numbers I want after DLing. Though I was off last week I may just take a week or two and see if I can't acclimate to the intense 5x5.

GMs
135x5
185x5
205x3

Standing Calf Raises
300x10
300x5
300x5

I was burnt out I think my glycogen reserves were depleted. c'est la vie. gunna figure out a better diet for leg day.

dynamo
08-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Rackpull
270x5
360x5
450x5
500x5
510x5
520x1

Tbar Row
135x5
160x5
170x5
175x5
180x5

Cable Row
250x5
260x5
270x5
273.33x5
273.33x5

Lat PD
200x5
210x5
220x5
230x5
240x5

Not bad, I tried working out on mondy but my body was just tooo beat from leg day last friday but yesterday I was on point. The 520x1 rackpull was insane it was so slow I didn't think I would get the lock out, but I did, sucka.

P.S. I weigh 234lbs. up 34 lbs since I started. I am not bulking anymore, just maintaining and hopefully build some serious strength with the muscle mass I have now. I see Heavy Bomber is around 230 so maybe in another 2 or 3 months I can just as strong as him :P

dynamo
08-07-2008, 08:51 AM
ugh...This 5x5 wickedness is killing me...I think I pulled some shoulder muscle on monday from the rackpull my arms were weak as all hell today going in for bench. I don't know what happened. Maybe its just too much too fast and I'm not resting enough.

Flat BP
135x10
225x3
185x5
205x5
225x5
235x1
235x3
235x1

Decline
225x5
205x5
205x5
205x5
205x5

Incline
135x5
135x5
135x6
135x6
135x5

I think I am going to limit my volume. I need more time to recover. grr...

dynamo
08-11-2008, 04:04 AM
Last week I was kinda depressed due to life situations I barely made it into the gym for my leg day and didn't do arms at all

DL
315x5
395x1
the 395x1 was slow but a strong pull I could probably have gotten 4 more, but I don't think I couldve done 3 more sets at that weight or higher. Maybe I wouldve gotten 405x2 next set if I stuck around but like I said I have been depressed and its just recently lifted. I started up on my multiplus again noticed after my second pill my depression went away so I wonder if I am just missing some vital minerals. Missing key nutrients along with a ****ty turn of events probably will make anyone susceptible to depression.

On another note. I love my 5x5 routine, I build alot of strength and I WANT to keep the ******edly high volume (5 reps for 5 sets with 5 exercises per body part) but at the end of the week the recovery time is just compounded and I need off for 4 or more days. To combat this I am thinking about going with maximus and opticen so I can stay intense. Luckily for me I am not injuring myself or training so hard as to weaken myself. Alright its 6 am I have to get ready for work.

dynamo
08-16-2008, 06:59 AM
Wow haven't posted at all this week. Heres the review.

Rackpull
270x5
360x5
450x5
500x5
520x5

Tbar Row
135x5
180x5 (really poor form but i did it, hehe)
160x5
165x5
170x5

Cable Row
260x5
270x5
280x5
290x4
290x4

Facepull
200x5
210x5
220x5
230x5
240x5

Pull ups
BW-150x5
BW-100x5
BW-80x5
BW-100x5
BW-100x5

Tuesday
Bench Press
185x5
205x5
215x5
225x4
230x4

Decline BP
225x5
235x5
245x4
245x4
245x4

Incline
(I still have the shoulder injury so I decided today instead of going full ROM with lighter weight I'd just keep upping the weight and shorten my ROM just to see how it affects my shoulder ROM: usually bar to upper chest, today it was bar to chin height)
135x5
155x5
175x5
185x5
195x4

DB Fly
(my shoulder was burning like a mofo at this point so when I was doing these I felt like I was working out my outer delt more than anything else)
35x5
40x5
35x5
35x5
35x5

Pec Deck
160x5
170x5
180x5
190x3
150x5

Wednesday off (wanted to let the arms heal from chest day)

Thursday

CGBP
185x5
195x5
205x5
215x5
215x5

Rope PD
160x5
170x5
180x5
190x5
190x5

Curls
40x5
45x5
50x5
55x2->50x3
50x5

Machine Preacher Curl
100x5
110x5
110x5
110x5
110x5

OH Tri Press Machine
100x5
200x5
220x5
230x5
230x5

Friday
DL
315x5
365x5
385x5
395x1x1x1x1x1
405x0x0 (primarily lower back being a pussy my legs were actually feeling quite alright to do it. generally its the other way around.)

Seat Calf Raises
6plates x 5
7 plates x5
8 plates x0
7 plates x5
7 plates + 25 x5

Leg Press
6ppsx5
8ppsx5
18 plates x5
20ppsx5
21 plates x5
(this machine could hold 8 plates on either side and 5 plates on top. so yes I maxed out the leg press machine. Funny too bc I was actually going for 950lbs but I couldn't find a place to put the 5lbs plate)

Standing Mil Press
135x5
155x1
145x5
150x3
(My shoulder was telling me to stop so I did)
Pull ups palms towards face
BWx7

PS: in case you're wondering why I didn't squat it was bc the 1 squat rack available was in use and I didn't feel like working in/waiting.

dynamo
08-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Rack Pull
270x5
450x5
500x5
520x5
530x1
530x4

Tbar Row
135x5
160x5
170x5
175x5 (poor form)
170x5

Cable Row
260x5
270x5
273.3x5
276.6x5
280x5
286x4 (I thought I only did 4 sets so I did this which hurt so bad)

Pull Ups
BWx5 (palms out)
BWx5 (palms to face)
BWx4 (palms out...shoulder was hurting so I didn't push)
BWx5 (palms to face)
BWx5 (palms out)

I actually found palms to face was easier as it used the biceps while the other uses the shoulders more. BW=238lbs

Facepull
150x5->160x5->170x5
180x5->190x5

I kept the weight low bc I feel like my traps are getting too big, I found my rear delts were more engaged at the lower weight too. Also in case you don't know when I do the '->' that means the only break on the workout was the time it took to change the weight.

dynamo
08-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Flat BP
135x10
205x5
210x5
215x5
220x5
230x4

Tiny guy, looked new, stopped his workout, walked halfway across the gym and decided, on his own, to spot me and then when I was struggling to get up the weight he tried to assist me, so while I was still lifting I yelled 'DONT HELP' and he stopped then after I was finished I told him if I need help I'll ask for it. I think I bruised his ego. but he was being a jackass.

Decline
225x5
245x4
245x5
255x4
255x3

Incline
135x5
185x5
195x5
200x5
205x3

Pec deck
150x5
160x3

My shouldered were in some serious pain at this point, extremely tight and felt like I'd rip them off my bones in the next rep or two, so I called it a day and went home.

dynamo
09-02-2008, 08:08 PM
HOT DIGITTY DAMN! I've been out of it for two weeks...but I feel like I could go hit new PRs on every lift tonight. I found some guys in rising sun MD who train west side style and totally rock hardcore. They rent out a 2 bay garage and have it full of PLing stuff I plan on getting mighty strong while learning some wicked stuff. Thursday is my first day there, its dynamic bench day. considering bench is my weakest I'm looking forward to a good workout.

dynamo
09-13-2008, 08:21 PM
first day at the new gym. These guys are westside hardcore. Totally different from what I'm used to.

Box Squat parallel
barx5
135x2x2
225x2x2
135+some low tension bands x 20

Today we primarily worked on my form, I definitely couldve gone heavier but that'll come in time

deadlift
135x1
135x2
315x1
315x1x1x1x1x1
then I felt like I was gunna pass out, dunno why could be the new form.

lower back extensions
BWx10
BW+25x5
BW+25x5

Standing ab crunches using the lat machine
30x20
40x20
50x20

super low volume we'll see where this goes...

dynamo
01-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Well its been a long long time. I haven't been in a gym since august. Just so you know I am about to write a rehash of my life over the past 5 months and really only so it doesnt get fuzzy in my head and it will probably be boring. youve been warned!

Well my job ended august 15th. I had no where to live and needed to pay bills and i decided to take a semester off from school since I had no money. Well there goes my gym. So I figure within 2 weeks I will have another job and no sweat I'll be back in the gym, this is a good time to heal. Well I didn't have a job after a month so I look up local powerlifting gyms while im crashing in my friends basement every night. Hopefully I would find a dedicated guy who I could work out with and not have to pay a big fee. I had about 1500 bucks from my last paycheck so I needed it to last as long as possible (I have a car payment and various other bills to pay too).

I found a bunch of locals about 50 miles north and I showed up 3 times. They didn't really know how strong I was and the exercises I did didn't push me to my limit at all. They were pros it looked like but alot of their techniques were poor. Still I learned alot while i was there. Gas was expensive as all hell and I was spending too much of it looking for jobs and going to that place so I dropped it.

Probably a good thing I dropped the PL gym because I injured my shoulder in november 2007 I gave it about a month and a half to heal back then but having 5 months off there were parts in my shoulder that were giving me pain then healing and so on. I figured this is a good time to let my shoulder completely recoup. Now the shoulder is completely healed and that is going to be my big focus once i start at the gym again.

So there I was living in my friends house completely welcomed but after a month and a half completely not welcomed. But as we know the economy decided to blow chunks. Took until the 2nd week in november to get a job working the night shift at a local department store. Two weeks later I got offered a job making more money which turned out to be a lie but I made enough to pay my bills while still living on my friends couch. Now I just got a good job working for the company I interned with in the summer of 2007 and over the next 9 months Ill be saving up enough to finish paying off my car, pay for the rest of my school and clear off my CC debt, which is no small feat considering I was unemployed for 5 months with no place to live.

That sums it up I guess. I will begin posting here again once I have my gym membership sorted out, hopefully next week. Bed time, adios.

dynamo
01-19-2009, 05:36 PM
Today i finally got back into the gym, I wasn't looking to lift but I figured i should.

Deadlift
135x10
225x5
315x3 <---couldve gone for way more but I didn't want to over do it on my first day back in months

then I ran for 30 minutes.

dynamo
02-07-2009, 11:53 AM
Welp last week was my first full week back woohoo!!

Monday 2.2.09

Bench
135x15
185x10
225x1 <---too heavy
205x5
205x5
205x2 <--failed

Butterfly
25x10
30x10
35x8
40x7
45x2
40x4

Dumbbell Press
50x7
50x7
50x5
50x5 <---chest felt fine but my shoulders were burning and begining to fail

Tuesday 2.3.09

Rack pull (above the knee)
135x10
225x8
315x7
405x1 <---no chalk
315x7
315x7 <---tore my right hand ring finger skin at the top of the palm (badass)

Upright row
160x8
160x7
160x6
160x5

Good Mornings
135x10
185x8
195x7
205x5
205x6
205x7

Saturday 2.7.09
Leg Press (pps=plates per side, 45lbs)
3ppsx1 <--what a joke
6ppsx10
9ppsx7
10ppsx7
11ppsx7 <--- painful

Squat
135x10
225x7
225x7
225x7
315x2

Standing calf raises machine
400x10
400x10
400x10
407.5x10
407.5x10

Swam for 15 minutes. My legs and shoulders just have no endurance. I will work on it.

dynamo
02-07-2009, 11:57 AM
I found my pissy digital camera after a year so I'll buy an SD card within the next week or two then post videos and hopefully one of you guys can tell me how my form is.

dynamo
02-11-2009, 07:50 PM

Deadlift
135x10
315x7
315x2
315x2 <----felt terrible went home

DL
135x10
315x7
365x5
365x2
365x1
figured this was enough since yesterday i got a few reps in

GM
135x10
155x8
175x7
175x6

Lat PD
160x8
160x7
160x6
160x5

Seated Row
150x8
150x7
150x6
150x6
150x5

Swam for 15 minutes. Im not really pushing myself to get to 5x5x5 type sets yet. Its only my 2nd week back in months and I've gotta get my conditioning back up to par.

dynamo
02-15-2009, 12:54 AM

Squat
135x10
225x7
225x7 <-speed work
225x5
315x2
315x1
315x1 <---almost GM'd this

Leg Press

810x8
900x8
990x7
1050x6
1080x7 <--wow ouch...

Seated Leg Curl

160x8
170x8
170x7
180x6
190x5

Seated Leg Extension

150x10
180x10
190x9
210x8
220x8

400x10
400x10
400x10

dynamo
02-15-2009, 02:54 PM
Bought some nitrean and opticen today. I'm hoping to cut to 10% by may. I am 255 lbs now, I think once I get my body fat down I will just lift at that body weight (whatever it may be) and work on maxing out my potential at that weight. I hope its around 240. Alright I gotta go study for this big ass test on thursday. Peace.

dynamo
02-18-2009, 08:10 PM
did chest monday but f that ish, gotta build up my shoulders.

DL
135x10
315x5
315x5
315x5
315x5
315x5
405x0
405x0.2

Thats right I completed 20% of a 4pps deadlift after doing 35 reps before it. It was epic, people gathered around and I failed. perhaps next week Ill get it. Deadlifts are pretty lame if its not 3xBW.

GM
135x10
155x5
155x5
155x5
155x5

Upright row machine
150x8
150x7
150x6
150x5
150x5

Lat PD
120x5
140x5
140x5
160x5

dynamo
02-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Kept it light today, my forearms and shoulders were beat from my lifting yesterday

DB Curls
30x10
45x8
45x8
45x7
45x5

OH DB Tricep Extension
25x10
35x7
30x8
30x8
30x7

Hammer Curl
50x8
50x8
50x8

Rope PD
60x10
70x8
60x8

Those butterfly arm extension thingies to work out the front delts
25x10
35x8
30x8
30x8

Biked for 18 minutes.

I need to start bringing gatorade to the gym, I am getting pretty light headed by the end of my workout and generally cut it short.

dynamo
02-21-2009, 03:10 AM
Good day for legs

Squat
135x10
225x8
275x6
275x6
225x5
225x8

Last two sets were atg and speedwork somewhat.

SLDL (standing on a 2" platform

135x10
225x7
315x1 <--too much
275x2 <---too much
225x5
225x7
225x6

Leg Press
900x8
900x7
990x7
990x7

I was gunna go for the calf workout too much the gym closed so I left instead.

dynamo
02-21-2009, 07:04 AM
Welp time to figure out this diet thing. Also my hammies are killing me, way to go on the SLDLs. I am definitely doing those more often. Alright so I have opticen and nitrean. I want my protein intake about 0.8g/lb bw so thats about 210 g of protein a day. I try to have opticen 2x a day, usually before and after I lift. Thats 80g right there. Nitrean I usually do in 3 scoop intervals. Thats 72g there. I try once a day with that. Thats 152g there. Now the question is do I pick up 60 more grams from my daily diet. Most likely I do, I will have to keep tabs on this. My diet is pretty lame, I never monitor anything. Alright thats all for now.

dynamo
02-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Well I work 3rd shift (11pm-7am) and I have now been up since 4 am. I am finding it hard to go back to sleep which means I will most likely goto work without much sleep at all. I'm pretty excited for tuesday, I will try to rep 405 for the DL, we'll see how that goes.

I'm lying in my bed now typing away hoping to fall asleep soon. I doubt it will happen. Today has been pretty slow for me, got some chores around the house done, but haven't gone out. I've been too tired to go out and do stuff (if I could even think of doing anything) but too awake to sleep. So naturally I get to reflecting. Over the past year I have lost almost every 'friend' I thought I had. Not a bad thing per se, but I do get pretty lonely sometimes. I ended up having some pretty rough family times being homeless for a bit and not having a car and almost losing my job because of it last summer. I had 3 people from high school who helped me out, but all the people I met in college ended up getting pissed off at me for one reason or another. Not one person asked me why my behavior changed or why I was showing up to work with a beard and dirty clothes. They were just pissed I wasn't pulling their weight any more. I can't say I was sad when they all got pissed but I can say I was annoyed at the fact they weren't any support whatsoever.

Well because of all this I ended up taking a semester off from school, while sleeping on a friends couch for 5 months. I managed to get a pretty sweet job that allows me to go to school and hopefully I'll be finishing up next spring. Call me petty and bitter but I hope all the people who walked away in my darkest hour find it incredibly difficult to get a job come this summer (when they all graduate). Maybe they won't, I'll never know though since I don't plan on talking to them. I've set what I deemed appropriate, right and now I am just moving on.

On top of this I ended up breaking up with my girlfriend of 4 years last month. Nothing too terrible there, shes just been lying to me for the last year to make me jealous over stupid **** and she got caught in one big ass web of lies so I said see ya. Well this leaves me to myself. I like to work, I make money, and I don't have to work on developing new relationships. I don't find it difficult to develop them I just don't want to put that energy in right now considering I feel like I'm at full throttle all the time with school, work, and the gym. I really feel at home in the gym, I never talk to anyone but just being there with my music with a goal really makes me content. There are lots of beautiful women there too, I guess one day when I am ready I will talk to them. I guess thats all I really feel like saying now. I am going to try for some sleep. See ya.

dynamo
02-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Good day. I finally got around to taking gatorade with me. I put 1 scoop in 1 liter of water. It may have been too much, I felt like I was over heating almost the whole time, but that couldve been because the cup and a half of coffee I had 3 hours prior. I may try half a scoop next time, although I did do some HIIT (20 minutes) so perhaps the 1 scoop per liter is good as it would keep from eating up the muscle.

Bench
135x10
205x5
225x2 <---was pretty easy I figured at this point I'd do singles but I was wrong
245x0 <---seemed like all the strength was there except in the right tricep
195x5
195x4
195x4

My right arm is lagging, I expect very quick gains once my right arm finally catches up.

DB BP
65x8
70x6
70x5
75x5
75x6

Seated BP Machine
150x10
170x8
170x7
170x6
170x5

My right anterior delt and tricep were burning so bad.

Butterflies
35x5 <--right shoulder was killing me
30x5
30x4
30x5
30x6 <---not sure why but I really felt it in my chest this set. Perhaps my arms were dead and there really wasn't any way to move the weight. I will play around with my form and angles next week to hopefully completely isolate the chest.

Decline situps

BWx13 <---I was holding some serious water weight today so coming up for full ROM felt almost impossible since my gut seemed to block my movement

Pec Deck
90x10
130x7
130x6
130x6
139x6

Running: 20 minutes, 4 minutes warm up at 4.5 mph. 16 minutes of 1 minute jog at 4.5 mph 1 minute run at 7.5 mph. Burned roughly 400 calories.

dynamo
02-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Slept like **** all day...not going to the gym...**** it im going to the gym...**** sleep...be back with an update in a few hours. I'm going for a 405 DL today. New PR if I get it.

Alright wasn't feeling well so I kept it short today

DL
135x10
315x4
405x3 (PR)

Bent Over Row
135x8
185x5

HIIT for 12 minutes. 3 minute warm up at 4.5 then 1 min at 4.5, 1 min at 6.5 for the other 9 minutes. Time for work, I'll probably finish up the back tomorrow.

P.S. I'm actually rather pissed off at my form for the 405. I think I was just so stoked to get past that hurdle that I ignored most everything else. Ohh well, better form next week.

dynamo
02-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Good day today, finally I got a good day's sleep. I think it was because it was overcast most of today. Funny story. I was at the gym, there was this guy in the power rack (kind of annoying considering I wanted to do OH mil presses) he must have have a 50-60 inch waist. He had this tiny lifting belt on, it couldn't have been more than 2.5" wide, and he had wrist straps. Now I don't know what he was doing but he had the bar about waist high, and had 95 lbs on it (2 25lbs plates). I figured with a belt on and wrist straps he must have been doing some fierce rack pulls.

Decline Situps
BWx15
BWx12
BWx7

DB Curls
50x8
50x7
50x5
50x4

Preacher Curls (Doesn't include weight of the bar, bc I don't know it!)
40x7
50x7
50x6
50x5

Hammer Curls
45x6
45x5
45x4
45x5

Side Lateral Raises
25x10
25x8
25x7
25x7

Front Lateral Raises
35x10
35x8
35x8

Seated OH DB Press
45x10
55x8
55x8
55x6

OH DB Tricep Extension (Both arms on 1 DB)
65x10
75x8
75x7
75x8

Rope PD
60x10
70x1 <---couldn't keep good form
60x8
60x8

Ran for 20 min. 3 minute warm up at 4.5 then 17 minutes of 1 minute 4.5mph 1 minute 7.5mph. I'm really starting to enjoy running again. I used to run in high school, when I was 170 lbs (which was totally unnatural, I think unforced 200 is my weight). I even trained for the Baltimore Marathon. Now that I'm doing this interval training, and only for 20 minutes, I find the time flys and I pretty much orgasm for about 30 minutes afterwards, and I lose alot of water weight. I am currently 258 lbs, down from my all time high of 270.

dynamo
03-02-2009, 08:25 AM

Had parties to goto and food to eat so it was a pretty light day.

Squat
135x10
225x8
295x3 <---not hitting parallel
275x6
275x5
275x4

I may do speed work next week. My ass is big enough to be easily squatting over 300, I just haven't squatted for a while.

SLDL on 2" platform
135x8
225x8
275x5
275x5
275x6

400x10
400x10
400x10

dynamo
03-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Good day. I was pretty fierce.

Deadlift
135x10
315x5
315x5
365x2 <--noticed my lower back straining so I backed off
365x1 <--same deal
315x5
315x6 <--thought about doing a set to failure, you know like 315x12...i got to 6...

Good Morning
135x7
185x1<---too heavy for the lower back
145x5
145x5
145x5
145x5

Rack Pull (right above the knee)
315x5
405x5
455x1<--hands were in pain
455x2<--hands in pain
455x1<--hands in pain
455x5<--got two towels hands in less pain but looked pretty blistered when I was done
315x5<--my lower back was toast after the 455 sets and I was taking too long of breaks
315x5

Cable Row
140x7
200x5
190x5
190x5
190x5

Lat PD (I was tired, just wanted to finish up so I kept it light)
140x6
140x6
140x5
140x7

16 minutes of HIIT. 3 minute warm up at 4.5 mph then one minute 7.5 1 minute 4.5

dynamo
03-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Pretty much doubled up today. Still need to finish up arms tomorrow

Squat
135x7
225x5
275x5
295x4 <-- failed on the 5th one
295x4
(weight felt heavy on my back, but easy on the legs, i assume thats from the killer back day I had)

SLDL
225x5
275x5 <--no chalk grip sucked wouldve gone for 300-315 after this if i had chalk
275x5
275x4
275x4

meh im tired ill write the rest later...
Ok, I'm back

Standing Mil Press
135x5
135x5
135x5
135x4
135x4

Side Lateral Raises
25x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5

Front LR
25x5
30x5
25x5
25x5
25x5

400x7
400x7
400x7
400x4

Isolated Seated Curls
40x5
45x5
45x5
45x5
45x5

Hammer Curls
50x5
50x5
50x5
50x4
50x4

Leg Extensions
240x10
240x10
240x10

Leg Curl
170x7
180x7
180x7
180x6

Seated DB OH Press
50x7
65x10
65x10

Gotta go back today finish up the biceps and triceps.

dynamo
03-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Good day again

I'm 252 down from 270. It seems like i'll be pretty shredded at 240, good deal.

DB Curls
50x5
55x5
50x5
50x4
50x4

Machine Curls
110x5
110x5 <--arms felt like they were going to explode I walked around with my hands in the air for a while
90x6
90x5
90x5

Rope PD
70x6
75x6
75x5
85x7
85x7

Sitting OH Tri Extension
60x8
85x5
85x6
85x5
85x5

Seated Tri Push Down Machine
230x7
270x5
270x5
270x5
270x5 <---redonk my triceps were about to shoot off my arm and hit the hot chick behind me staring at me doing these sets

One Arm Standing Cable Tricep Extensions (keeping my elbow perpendicular to the floor and moving my forearm from parallel to the floor to completely vertical)

17.5x6
22.5x7
22.5x7
22.5x4
22.5x4

One Arm Standing DB OH Extension
25x5
25x5
25x4
25x4
25x4

Done. Time to study.

dynamo
03-10-2009, 07:02 PM
lifted yesterday. did my chest workout. lifted today barely got through 3 sets on DL

135x10
315x5
365x5
385x2
385x1
385x2

I was beat I left. I am taking off the rest of this week. I need to catch up on school anyway plus I may just need to let my muscles heal.

dynamo
03-15-2009, 07:42 AM
Welp, I must have slept 12 hours a day every day this week. I also barely studied, my brain has just been beat. Im just about back on track now. I am going to try to change my sleeping schedule from 8a-3p to 3p-10p. This also means I will be lifting in the morning now. Probably better though bc I am completely beat after I lift and can sleep forever. Alright I am off for some coffee then studying. I cant wait til august so I can quit this ****pile of a job. 3rd shift is stupid and the idiots i work with are like overgrown 5 year olds.

dynamo
03-16-2009, 07:56 PM
Good day today I am glad I took off last week. I also got darker curtains so sleeping during the day is somewhat easier but I'm still tired alot

Bench Press
135x10
205x5
215x5
215x3
215x2
215x4

My right shoulder is still weak.

DB BP
80x5
80x5
80x5
80x5
80x5
I felt like i couldve done more weight but I didnt want to compromise my form

Seated Chest Press Mach
150x5
160x5
170x5
180x5
190x5

Pec Deck
150x5
160x5
170x5
190x5
190x5
I really felt it in my shoulders

DB Bflys
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
I found I hit my chest alot more when I have a slight downward angle on my arms instead of completely perpendicular to my body.

HIIT: 3 minute WU 5 minute w/ 1 min 7.5mph 1 minute 4.5mph. i stopped bc even though i was drinking all workout (for about 1.25 hr) I still felt dehydrated.

dynamo
03-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Good workout except I got really nervous before I did I deads for some reason.

DL
135x10
315x5
315x5
365x5
385x3
385x2
385x3
385x0 <---was gunna go for the last two but my lower back said no and I agreed

Rack Pull
315x5
405x5
405x5
405x5
405x5

GM
135x5
185x5
195x5
185x5 (my back said no to the 195)
185x5

Pull Ups
BWx3
BW-55x5
BW-55x4
BW-55x4
I didn't do the last set bc i was tired of doing pull ups

Cable Row
140x5
180x5
180x5
200x5
200x5

Good workout overall, my left hand has no grip strength anymore. I went for a double overhand grip on the 315 DL and it slipped. I will do some direct forearm work tomorrow. Not too much though, last time I did direct forearm work I couldn't deadlift anything over 135 for 2 weeks.

dynamo
03-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Back in the gym today. I took off last week bc I was burnt out the week before nd I had a test. I was definitely mentally exhausted, not so much physically and I just needed the rest. Also I found out the ex gf of 2 months (dated for 3.5 yrs broken up for 2 months) is moving to china, shes actually on her way now. That totally threw me for a loop considering all we've been through. I hope she has a good time and learns a thing or two from their culture. I've got bench today. I am off to study again now. I think I am also going to do a 3x5x5 from now on because of my current work and school situation.

dynamo
03-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Good workout today. I did the 5x3x3 and I'm impressed, I still feel like I worked my muscles but I don't feel like I need to take a 10 hour nap. Looks like I got the volume right on for my life at this point, high five. Not to mention it only takes 45 minutes to do everything below plus check my email and take a dump, as opposed to almost 2 hrs to do a 5x5x5.

Bench Press
135x10
185x5
205x5
225x3-->225x1
I reracked the weight because I almost failed on that third one but then the break down came on for my song I was listening to so I got filled with the adrenaline and knocked out a forth one.

DB BP
85x5
85x5
85x5
85x5
85x4

DB Butterflies
35x5
35x5
35x5
35x5
35x5
I felt like I couldve gone up to 45 or maybe even 50 lbs but I didn't wan't to use my shoulders to compensate so I stuck with the 35.

Decline situp (highest setting, about a 45 degree angle, which is BW*cos(pi/4)=0.5*BW from the waist up, hehe)
BWx15
BWx15
BWx8.5

dynamo
04-06-2009, 12:25 AM
This is for last Friday and Saturday.

DL
135x5
315x5
365x5
385x5
405x1x1x1x1

Rack pulls
(I was focusing on left arm grip strength plus my hands hurt so bad from the 405 dl)
315x5x5

GMs
135x5
185x5x4

Saturday

Squat press
900x7
990x5
1080x5
1170x4
1080x5

Squat (I put the trash can in the rack I thought I was gunna puke)
225x5
275x5
315x3
315x1
315x1
310x1
305x1
275x1
225x5x5
My legs were beat so I just did some speedy low weight reps

Standing calf raise machine
400x10x3

dynamo
04-10-2009, 03:18 PM
squat
barx8
135x5
225x5
315x5
315x3
315x3
225x6
135x15

Squat Press Machine
900x5
990x5
1070x5

Standing Calf Raises Machine
400x10
400x10
400x10

dynamo
05-04-2009, 02:55 PM
things have been slow these past 2 weeks. I am down to my last 10 or so pounds to lose. I have a pretty lazy diet. My food intake is a little high but my food choices are pretty high quality. I decided I am going to look up built's carb cycling program; I have had pretty good results with that (even though when I did carb cycle it was unintentional). I am trying to keep up with the cardio also (4 days a week, for 20 minutes at least, not worried about intensity, just need to reform good habits first). I have gone back to bringing a work out journal to the gym, I keep forgetting if im on my last set or 2nd to last. My left shoulder is almost healed (from 1.5 yrs ago). My shoulders are my weak point in my bench and now that I have seen some decent gains I hope to be hitting some PRs soon. I need to stock up on some opticen too. I think I may go all out and get some novus bars ets and vitamins. I noticed, fom taking these last two weeks off, my joints really needed time to recover. Now that they have I feel like a new man. Thats all for now. I will update later tonight with my routine. Adios.

dynamo
05-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Good day. I finally got to the point where I was repping 225 easy

warm up
DP BP
70x10

Bench
135x5
205x5
225x5
230x5
235x4 (almost had 5 I was about 90% through the rep but I couldn't get the lock out)
All in all it was a great day for benching. My shoulders weren't burning like a mofo when I was done, but they were still the weakest point. I will just keep working on them and hopefully by the end of summer I will be doing 315x5.

DB BP
85x5
85x5
85x5 (my arms started shaking uncontrollably on this set, shoulders felt solid though)
85x4
85x5

Pec Deck
190x5
200x5
200x5
205x5
205x4

I think a big reason for my success today was I loaded up on nitor before I went. I took 3 pills, and its been months since I had any nitor. I went to run, felt light headed so I didn't. Then I went to bike, I put it on the fat burn mode, which is generally a lower heart rate. It told me my target heart rate was 128. I took a reading before I started and I was already at 118. I went for about 4 minutes at 50 rpms (not taxing at all btw) and i reached 128. So I decided no need to actually do this I can reach my target heart rate walking down teh steps. All this, thanks to nitor. lol.

dynamo
05-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Yesterday

DL
135x10
315x5
315x5
405x1
315x5
315x3

GMs
135x5
185x0 (back was too weak for that one)
135x5
145x5
145x5
145x5

Pullups (BW=252)
BWx3
BWx2
BW-40x5
BW-40x5
BW-40x5
BW-40x3

Wouldve gone running but I just felt like I was going to pass out the whole time so I went home.

Today

Curl
50x7
50x5
55x5
50x5
50x5

Hammer Curl
55x5
55x5
55x5
55x5
55x5

Preacher (Just weight of the plates, don't know the weight of the bar)
50x5
50x5
60x5
60x5
60x3

Running 3 minute warm up at 4.0mph then 1 minute 6.5mph and 1 minute 4.0mph for the remaining 17 minutes.

OH Tricep Raise
85x5
85x5
85x5
85x5
85x5

Rope PD
70x5
70x5
75x5
75x5
75x5

Tricep Push Down Machine
270x5
285x5
285x5
285x5
285x5

dynamo
05-09-2009, 04:34 AM
Good day yesterday. First time in weeks I was able to finish my routine in the specified time. Generally I have been too tired and don't have the energy so I push sets off to the next day. Ok on to the news.

My shoulders. Wow! I still feel soreness and fatigue in my left shoulder but it is getting stronger.

Standing mil press
Bar x 10
135x5
155x4
150x3
135x2
135x5
135x5
Great mil press considering I have been struggling to do 135x5x5 for the longest time.

Squat
135x7
225x5
315x4
315x2 wussed out I really probably couldve gotten 3 or 4 but I spent too much time standing and too little time squatting.
225x6 ATF
225x5 ATF

Front Lateral raises
30x5
30x5
35x5
35x3 (form got way too poor)
30x2
30x5

Side lateral raises
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5

I really felt the burn in it left shoulder doing these. I felt it right where I injured my shoulder too. I take this as a good sign as my shoulder is getting the stimulation it needs to support increased blood flow and growth.

Standing calf raise machine
400x8
400x7
400x8
400x8
I got really good ROM on these. Almost felt like I was going to over flex my calves on the last set.

Squat press machine
990x7
1080x5
1080x5
1170x5
1170x3

The end.

dynamo
05-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Another good day

BP
135x8
205x5
225x5
225x5
245x5
250x3
250x0 <-- I took a small break between the last set and this one in hopes I could get one more rep in...it just didn't happen. My shoulders were toast.

DB BP
85x5
85x5
85x5
85x5
85x5

Pec Deck
220x5
210x4
190x5
190x5
190x5

Biked for 20 minutes. My right Achilles tendon has been really sore and seems somewhat inflamed and I think its from running with ****ty shoes so I've decided to bike til I want to spend money on new shoes.

dynamo
05-13-2009, 01:03 PM
DL
135x10
315x5
365x5
415x0 ( got it off the ground about 4 inches, went to doing speed work)
315x6
325x4
325x4

Rack Pull @ the knee (incredibly awesome for core work...)
315x5
365x5
365x5
365x5
365x5

GMs
135x5
185x5
185x5
185x5
135x5 (my back said hell no to the last set of 185 so I just dropped it down)

dynamo
05-19-2009, 08:05 AM
BOOYA! The popping in my left shoulder if finally gone!

Bench
135x10
225x5
225x5
245x4
245x3 <---the last one was strictly a fight with gravity, it must have been a good 20 seconds I was trying to get that weight off my chest and I did.

DB BP
I went down really low with these to get a good stretch in the shoulders and chest and hopefully help with the most common of sticking points

85x5
85x5
85x5
85x5
85x5

Pec Deck
190x5
210x5 <---no rest between the two sets
200x5
200x5
200x5

I think my form got pretty sloppy towards the end.

Low intensity biking for 11 minutes on level 12 out of 25. RPMS were between 60-70. Why 11 minutes? well I got a phone call then and I had to leave.

dynamo
05-19-2009, 08:06 AM
FWIW I lost my job last thursday. Sleeping at night is the best. I have an interview tomorrow hopefully I'll get this job. I'm actually counting on it.

dynamo
05-19-2009, 07:35 PM
Good day once more.

Dead lifts
135x10
315x5
365x5
385x3
385x1
385x1
405x1
405x1
405x1
405x0.5
I had to take a 3-5 minute break between the first 405 and the 2nd. My forearms felt like they were going to pop and I felt like I was going to throw up. It was phenomenal. My original goal was to do 5 reps of 405 no matter how long it took, but after that last one where I couldn't get the bar past my knees I could tell my body was just exhausted, so I skipped out, plus some other dood wanted to use the power rack to do some pussy lunges with 65lbs on his back (bar+10lbs per side). I guess someone could have told him dumbbells are way cooler for that kind of ****.

So due to the lack of power rack I forewent the rackpulls and good mornings in favor of some machine work.

I don't know how these yuppie machines work any more. The cable row has two handles. the cable is 1 cable that loops around the pulleys til the other side comes back to the start. The words on the weights say resistance is per handle, so I guess when I had it on 120lbs it was really 240 lbs.

Cable Row
240x5
220x5
200x5
200x5
200x5

Back extension machine
(I maxed this beech out, says it works out the lower back and the glutes, but definitely no so much the glutes. I would've preferred good mornings.)

305x7
305x5
305x5
305x5
305x5

On a side note...I notice alot of limp wristed fellows with forearms the size of my thumb walking around the gym with wrist straps hanging from their wrists. I find it hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against wrist straps (though I do enjoy chalk more), but when you wear them as your workout gear when you bench, I think its more for effect than usefulness. I dunno what it is, but I don't really seem them as necessary, I'll ask next time I see a guy at the gym struttin his goods.

Fascinating experience while DLing today too...After that first 405 rep I felt one of my balls drop back down. I guess I was a hair away from losing a testicle in the nether regions of my abdomen.

dynamo
05-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Thursday 5.21.09

DB Curl
45x7
55x5
55x5
55x5
55x5

Hammer Curl
55x5
55x5
55x5
55x5
55x5
(felt like I couldve done 60lbs but I didn't like my form)

Preacher Bar Curl (only weight doesn't include bar weight)
50x5
70x1
60x4
60x2
55x3
55x5
55x5

Seated Overhead Tricep Extension
85x7
95x5
100x5
100x5
100x5

Tri PD
70x5
70x5
70x5
70x5
70x5

Standing Mil Press
135x5
155x2
145x3
145x2
140x3
135x5
135x5

Standing Side Lateral Raises
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5

Standing Front LRs
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5

I slept 14 hrs from friday night to saturday morning so I missed my friday workout and just made it up today.

Squat
135x5
225x5
315x3
315x2
315x5
315x4
315x1

Front Squat
135x5
185x5
185x4
185x1 (I kept losing "grip" of the bar and having it roll down onto my biceps so I just reset and knocked out the last rep)
185x5
185x4
185x1 (same deal here)

I spent a lot of time avoiding a puke fest today I'm not sure what it is but I think my abs are tensing up a lot pushing on the insides too much and making me nauseous.

400x7
415x7
415x7

I think I will move to doing standing calf raises in the power rack. I've maxed out this machine and I don't feel much resistance, of course I could do 3 sets of 15 but I don't want to.

dynamo
05-25-2009, 05:24 PM
My gym is closed today. I went on sunday to hopefully make up for a lost day, but I was just super destroyed from my squat day. I still loathe sitting down. I did manage to knock out a few reps

Bench
135x10
225x5
245x3 <---I failed on this, one because I was still pretty sore from my arm day and two because I didn't push the weight all the way to the inside of the bar on one side so I had some funny as reps going on. After this I just said f it and went home. I will try again tomorrow, just start fresh. If I have time anyway. I need to go to my school and sort out some super bull****. I will hopefully do that tomorrow as well.

dynamo
05-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Splentacularific day today.

Bench Press
135x10
225x5
245x5
265x1
275x1
285x1 <--PR w00t!
295x0.75
135x30

DB BP
85x5
90x5
90x4
90x4
90x4
My left wrist was pretty weak. Oh well ill work on that

pec deck
170x9
170x9
170x4
170x2

dynamo
05-27-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm thinking...since I don't actually sleep and I have some free time I may start going to the gym twice a day now. Once at 530a and once at 530p. I start tomorrow, big gains I hope.

dynamo
05-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Deadlift
135x10
315x5
365x5
405x1
385x3
385x2
(went home ate dinner came back over 2 hours later)
405x1
415x1
425x0 (made it maybe 2 inches off the ground)
415x0
405x1

Everything listed below I did before I left for dinner

Cable Row
200x5
220x5
220x5
220x5
220x5

Reverse Hyper
5xBW+45
5xBW+85
5xBW+85
5xBW+90
6xBW+90

I think I'm just gunna PR the piss out of this week and take it easy next week.

LWSniper14
05-28-2009, 10:37 PM
It was pathetic.

dynamo
05-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Well good thing this week has been balls to the wall for me. I just finished talking to my professor and I get to retake the final next week so I will completely forego working out next week. Interesting side note, it took me almost 4 days for me to recover from my bench day, and my chest, lower back, upper back, and shoulders were blasted.

Curl
45x7
55x5
55x5
55x5
55x5

Hammer Curl
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5

Curl Machine
130x5
140x5
140x5
130x5
130x4

Seated Tri OH Extensions
85x7
90x5
100x5
100x5
100x5

Rope PD
70x5
85x5
85x5
85x5
85x5

Tri Pushdown machine
270x5
285x5
285x5
285x5
285x6

I plan to hit the gym early tomorrow, knock out my legs and my shoulders then hitting the books again.

dynamo
05-30-2009, 08:56 PM
****! i want to smash something. I haven't made it in to squat or knock out shoulders yet. I guess I'll go tomorrow. I have been looking up various cardio routines to lose some extra fat (I think i'm about 15-20%) and get my cardiovascular conditioning back up to where it needs to go back into MMA. I was training for NAGA in the 190 weight class when I ran out of money. I am 260 now. I want to be around 10% bf and I want to have the endurance of a horse.

dynamo
05-31-2009, 09:41 AM
My head wasn't in it today so I left shortly after I got there
squat
135x7
315x5

dynamo
06-06-2009, 08:01 AM
Alright! I took my final yesterday, I did well I think. I'll find out monday probably. I am off to the gym today. One thing I did notice from just doing those 2 sets of squats last week my lower back was killing me for about 4 days afterwards, not in a bad way, just like I worked it out far more than I should have while doing squats, so I need to work on form. I am reformulating my workout again. Now that I need some endurance, both with muscle and definitely cardio. I am outlining my routine below to follow starting monday.

Monday - Chest
Run - 30 minutes, moderate to intense (gotta work my way up)

Tuesday - Back/Posterior Chain
HIIT - 20 Minutes, 45/15 probably going to start off at 45/30 though

Wednesday - No Weights
Run - 30 Minutes, moderate to intense again

Thursday - Shoulders/Tris/Bis/Forearm work
HIIT - 20 minutes, 45/15

Friday - Legs
Run - 30 minutes, easy (will try to go as hard as possible, but who knows)

I know alot of what I have outlined is probably not ideal, but alot of what is going on is a mind game with me right now, I need better cardiovascular conditioning, i need to lose weight, and I certainly want to continue gaining strength. I will be keeping my sugar levels up while I do cardio via gatorade, and perhaps RESULTS, as to not to feed off my muscles so to speak. I will see how this works, and adjust accordingly. My only fear is I will burn myself out, and I will need to overcome this mental hurdle. I will need to increase the amount of time I do HIIT but I will do that when I am not panting going up steps, and perhaps can run a solid 7 minute mile. Nothing is impossible.

dynamo
06-07-2009, 09:34 AM
I ran for 30 minutes yesterday. 5 minutes at 6.0 (10min mile) then 23 minutes at 7.0 (8:34 mile) then 2 minutes at 1.8 (33 min mile) and threw up once in my mouth pretty ferociously. Then I went and played touch football in a park later that day for about 1.5 hours. They kept calling me fast, but I felt like a slug. They also were med school students who don't do much other than save lives I guess...lol...monday it really begins, at least I have a good reference point.

dynamo
06-08-2009, 06:14 PM
Bench Press
135x10
225x5
245x5
245x5
265x1
265x1
265x1
265x1
265x1

DB BP
90x5
90x5
90x5
90x5
90x4

Pec Deck
190x5
210x5
220x5
225x5
225x5

I noticed when i do barbell bench press my right arm is weaker, and I suspect it is my tricep, but when I do db bench press my left arm is weaker and I suspect it is my shoulder in that exercise.

Run 6.0 22 minutes walk (2.5 to 3.0) 8 minutes. The walking was dispersed in my running because my legs got super tired. It'll be interesting to see how my deadlift and squat fare. Honestly if I can squat 225 for reps on friday I will be happy.

dynamo
06-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Ugh...I spent an hour and a half at the gym only to do my sets of deads...

DL
135x7
315x5
415x5
385x5
365x5

I went to do good mornings but my lower back was sooo damn tight/weak that I tried stretching it out by doing the motion without any weight on my back then I put the bar on my back and barely was able to do it then I put 20 lbs on the bar (2 10s) and I couldn't do any of it. So I gave up I will go tomorrow and try again with a fresh back, I didn't do any HIIT today because I need to get a stop watch. Probably better that way because the 30 minute runs are kicking my butt.

dynamo
06-11-2009, 07:23 PM

Deadlift
135x7
315x5
405x5
385x5
365x1
365x4

Didn't do anything else this day bc my lower back was shot...

Lower back extension machine (no rest between sets besides what it took to move the pin down

200x10
230x10
250x10
260x10
270x10

Cable Row
240x5
220x5
220x5
220x5
240x4
240x2

Standing mil press

135x5
155x5
155x5
155x4
155x3
155x3

Side Lateral Raises
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5

Front LR
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5

Curls
45x7
50x5
50x5
50x5
50x5

Hammer Curls
55x5
55x5
55x5
55x5
55x5

OH Tricep Extension (No back support)
90x5
100x5
100x5
100x3
100x5
My whole back was spasming to maintain posture. It was fantastic

CGBP
135x5
205x5
205x5
205x4
205x5

Curl Machine
100x5
150x5
150x5
150x5
150x3
140x1
140x1

Tri Pushdown Machine
285x6
285x6
285x6
285x6
285x6

dynamo
06-12-2009, 05:51 AM
got in the gym at 530am today. I had to because I'm off to the beach this afternoon. yay!

Squat
Barx10
135x5
225x5
315x2 <---I don't think I was getting the proper depth plus I felt like I was struggling not to GM the whole thing so I dropped the weight
295x3
295x5
295x5 <---ugh I didn't write down my w/o so I'm not actually sure I did this set, I suppose I will say I didn't.

SLDL (I did these on the smith because I didn't feel like unloading the bar on the ground. The weight is just of the plates I assume the bar is countered to 0lbs)
180x5
250x5
270x3 <---bar was stupid gross and I couldn't grip worth a damn some days I wish the gym would just come by with a wire brush and clean out the knurling of every bar on the floor.
270x3<---same deal
180x5
180x5 (I dropped the weight on these last two set because I wasn't trying to spend all day in the gym.)

400x7
400x7
400x7

dynamo
06-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Haha this was one of those days where I didn't feel like going to the gym whatsoever but I just popped in a good CD and decided to push myself to go. I am glad I did.

Bench
135x10
225x5
275x2
275x1
275x1
275x1
265x4
265x1
265x5

I forgot to mention that my form was pretty piss poor when I was benching 275. My ass was off the bench almost every rep but I didnt mind because my arm placement was good and I didn't flare out my elbows from what I could tell. Also I feel like alot of what I do on the bench is psychological. I feel like I could bench more but because I am so used to benching 225 or less I just get pigeon-holed into thinking thats all I can do. Today when I benched 135 it was incredibly light I felt like I couldve thrown it across the room with minimal effort if I so desired. Once I benched 225 it felt like the world was crushing me. Then I added those 2 25lbs plates and it seemed to lighten up again. I dont know what it is but until I am out of this rut I think I will be benching heavy. I'm really stoked to be benching 315 soon. My goal for the summer is to put up 315x5 on the bench and 450x1 on the deadlift, of course if all my hopes and dreams were successful I would actually deadlift 495x1. We'll see though.

DB BP
95x5
95x5
95x5
95x5 <---almost didn't get the lockout on the fifth one
100x4 <---fourth one was intense

Pec Deck
210x5
230x5
230x5
230x5
230x4
210x1

dynamo
06-16-2009, 05:48 PM
DL
135x10
315x5
385x5
405x0
395x1
395x2
385x0
315x5
315x5 <---speedy

GMs
135x5
205x5
205x5
205x5
205x5

Cable Row
240x5
240x5
240x5
240x5
240x4
220x3

dynamo
06-18-2009, 09:24 AM
I need to add some core work I think I'll introduce that on Wednesdays and just do 3 sets of incline sits and some planks.

dynamo
06-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Standing Mil Press
135x5
155x5
155x5
155x4
155x4

Side LR
30x5x5

Front LR
30x5x5

DB Curl
50x5x5

DB Hammer Curl
55x5x5

Standing EZ-Bar curl (only total weight of plates) these were all from a dead hang and no swaying
50x5
70x5
90x3 <---when I ws doing these I was kinda self conscious, people kept staring. At first I didn't get it then I realized curling with 45s is effin awesome! Its one of those things everyone wants to do, like deadlift 405 bench 315 and curl the bar+90. If people knew squats they'd also want to squat 585.

90x1.5
70x5
70x5

Seated OH Tri Extension
95x5
95x5
100x5x3

Rope PD
70x5
80x5
80x5
85x5
85x5

Tri PD Mach
285x8
285x8
285x9

Swam about 25 minutes. found an ingrown hair on my leg.

dynamo
06-19-2009, 10:51 PM
I really focused on my form today with squats and it helped alot. My back feels wonderful and I put up more weight than I have in a long time. I felt like I could've done 2 sets of 315x5 but I didn't want to push it just because I am trying not to associate a super tight lower back and a week worth of DOMS to squats.

Squat (parallel of course)
135x5
225x5
295x5
295x5
315x5

Squat Press Machine
900x5
1080x6
1170x5
1170x5
1170x5

Standing Calf Raise Machine (The machine only goes upto 400 and I needed more weight so I grabbede two 50 lbs DBs and that did the trick)

500x6
500x7
500x7

I actually wanted to do SLDLs in the power rack but this gang of guys came up to me and asked how many more sets of squats I had and I just assumed they were gunna squat because why would 5 guys be huddled around in a circle. Well I was wrong. They just used the power rack to hold their barbell for curling. I promptly torpedo 25lbs plates at their knees and scooped their limp bodies off to a corner. umm...jk

dynamo
06-22-2009, 05:39 PM
I wasn't really pumped for going to the gym today so I didn't give it my all. But I did give it alot

Bench
135x10
225x5
275x4
275x3
225x5 <--tris were dead it was almost impossible
225x4

DB BP
95x5
95x5
95x4 <--my right arm felt like it was about to collapse and after I got everything under control I couldn't get the 5th rep
95x5
95x4 <--- same thing but with left

Pec Deck
190x5
210x5
230x5
210x5 <---dbag changed the weight while working in and i assumed he could read numbers
230x5

dynamo
06-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Didn't bring my chalk to the gym. So I went for high reps. good too bc I didn't really feel like lifting heavy.

DL
135x10
225x15
225x10
225x20

Back Extension
BW+90x6
BW+100x5
BW+100x6
BW+100x6
BW+100x6

Row/Rear Delt Machine
175x7
185x6
185x6
185x6
185x7
Definitely couldve gone heavier, probably 200-210 but I just wasn't feeling it. My piss was yellow like whoa, so I am a lil dehydrated that couldve played into my low intensity too.

dynamo
06-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Last thursday

Standing Mill Press
135x5
155x5
155x5
155x5
160x5

Side & Front lateral raises
30x5x5

Curl Bar (not including bar weight)
50x5
70x5
70x5
90x3
70x5

Hammer Curl DB
60x5x5

Curl DB
55x5x5

Tri OH Raise
100x5x5

Rope PD
85x5x3
105x5
85x5

CGBP
225x5
225x5

Tri PD MAch
285x7
285x7
285x7

Friday

Squat
135x5
225x5
315x5
315x5
315x5

Leg extension
290x6
290x5
290x6
290x6
290x6

Leg Curl
230x5
230x6
230x5
230x6
230x7

Calf Raise Machine (weight includes holding 2 50lbs DBs)
500x7
500x7
500x6
500x7

dynamo
06-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Bench Press
135x10
225x5
275x5
295x1
285x1
275x3
275x1
275x1
275x3

DB BP
100s x4
100s x5
100s x5
100s x5
100s x3
My ROM was a lil short but I liked the huge focus and swell my chest got so i kept with the 100s

Pec Deck

210x5x5

swam 20 min

dynamo
07-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Wow what a day...I just figure I should mention this bc it was an interesting meal. 1/4 container of natty PB with a spoon, washed down with a 12 oz glass of skim milk, followed up with a chicken breast.

DL
135x10
315x5
365x5
405x4
405x2
405x2
405x1
405x1
405x1

GMs
135x5
205x5
225x5
225x2
205x5
205x5

Cable Row
220x5
240x5
240x5
240x5
240x4
240x2

dynamo
07-03-2009, 05:29 PM
RAWR almost had a six pack at the gym today! We'll see how that lasts I gorged myself on ice cream once i got home.

Military Press, Standing
135x5
155x5
165x5
165x5
165x5

Front Lateral Raise
35x5
35x5
35x5
35x5
35x5

Side Lateral Raise
35x5
35x5
35x5
35x5
35x5
ROM kinda sucked towards the last rep of each set but w/e

DB Curl
55x5x5

Hammer Curl
60x5x5

Squat
135x10
225x5
315x5
315x5
315x5

Seated Tri OH Ext
95x5x5

squat press
900x8
1170x7
1170x5
1170x5
1170x5

Tri Rope PD
85x5
100x5
95x5
95x5
95x5

Calf Raise Mach
500x10
500x8
500x8

Tri PD Mach
285x10
285x10
285x10

Swam 20 minutes.

dynamo
07-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Lame ass night so I figured I'd just spew some mind barf for a bit before I head to bed. I am having hella trouble losing the last lbs of fat, my strength keeps increasing and I do notice spots losing fat but not like I used to. I still have the tit fat and gut fat. I am losing the little spare tire I have, and there isn't much fat on my legs at all, I am considering cutting the calories back even more. But if I would just stay consistent with the cardio I may not have to. I am usually just so intense when I lift that I am usually drained. Perhaps I will just man up and shoot for 20 minutes of swimming 5 days a week. And F it, if im so tired that my swimming is just floating in water so be it. If this doesn't help lose more fat then I will cut calories. I really would rather not cut calories out though. I hate being drained when I lift. Ok g'night.

dynamo
07-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I've been feeling pretty tired all weekend I slept 14 hours + thurs fri and sat night. Once sunday hit I woke up feeling, not pumped, but bigger, like I grew some muscle. Wasn't sure of the feeling, wasn't a bad one. Today I went to the gym, and I wanted to keep it light, but I had to keep it even lighter than I wanted

BP
135x12
225x6 (could barely make that 6th rep)
275x1
250x1
225x3

DB BP
75x8
75x8
75x8 (last two were intense)

BP Machine
210x8
150x8
90x15

Went and swam. I think it was just not having proper rest between friday and monday plus the funky feeling I had all weekend. We'll see how next week goes.

dynamo
07-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I decided I'm taking the rest of the week off. I've had some good gains over the past few weeks, and now my joints are feeling it. Plus I'm getting a little burnt out. So this week has freed up.

dynamo
07-07-2009, 08:31 PM
no deads today. I was itching to go in and just do some dead hang pull ups. I could probably do about 5. I decided against it just so I heal up. I am getting pain in weird places. It kinda feels like the tendons that connect my hammies to my leg behind the knee are sore. Plus shoulders and chest. I will swim tomorrow.

dynamo
07-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Diet reformulation. Dropping down to 2500 cals/day. I assume my LBM is about 230, and going for 1.5g Protein/LBM I need 350 g of protein which equates to 1400 cal/day in protein. I really want to stay away from carbs, but for now I am saying 500g/day fat and 600g/day carbs. Complex carbs and healthy fats is my goal. I want to see if this helps kill the last of my body fat. I would be content with anything around 15% but would prefer 10%. Everything but my belly is leaning out nicely. First on last off they say and I just have a ridiculous lump of lard covering my abs. Keeping with the cardio too.

dynamo
07-10-2009, 06:58 PM
350 g of protein is scary to get using whole foods. I have had 30 shrimp (just boiled and then peeled) which the bag says is about 80g of protein, and 3 cans of tuna, which is 90g of protein and 24oz of milk which is 24g of protein and a granola bar which is about 8g of protein...SoooI am upto 202g of protein, I only need 148g more. I don't know where I will get it. Im tired of eating, i'll probably make an omlet and wash it down with nitrean. I was hoping I could forego protein shakes by stocking up on food, but its becoming increasingly difficult. I may have to make some chick salad and stuff like that be able to keep up the intake.

I am happy I took off this week (I don't think my body gave me a choice). My knees and elbows hurt almost all week, this was the first day they weren't in pain. My tendons that connect my biceps and hammies to my bones were in pain, and my joints started popping yesterday, and finished popping today. I solated intramuscular pain was also present primarily in my back and forearms. I will keep it light next week depending on how I feel when I get in there. I skipped cardio this week simply bc I felt drained almost every day when I got home. I slept 12 hours on wednesday. Yay me. I needed that it seemed that was a big healing rest for me. Alright off to shower and come back and browse WBB. yay friday...

dynamo
07-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Here I am at 260. Its the only shot i've taken of myself in over 2 years.

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs193.snc1/6489_101325791866_561556866_2634451_1371382_n.jpg

dynamo
07-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Good workout yesterday. I took a week off due to CNS failure (or so I imagine) and my joints were starting to ache. I swam for 20 minutes as well and it was the strongest I swam so far (speed and distance).

Bench
135x10
225x5
275x3
265x1
245x5
245x5

DB BP
85x5
90x5
90x5
90x5
90x5
I lowered the weight on these because my left shoulder is acting up again and I figured if I increased my ROM to the point of my shoulder blades touching I would get more work out of my shoulders while getting a good stretch too.

Pec deck
190x5
2105x4

I have to keep an eye on my progress I may be slowing down.

dynamo
07-14-2009, 08:39 PM
DL
135x10
315x5
365x5
405x5
405x2
405x1

GM
135x5
185x5
205x5
205x5
205x5

Cable Row
220x5
225x5
230x4
220x2
220x5
220x5

Swam 20 minutes.

dynamo
07-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Good workout, I showed up late so I couldn't finish but i'll finish up tomorrow.

Standing Military Press
(The beginning of each set started out as a clean and jerk since the power rack was in use and the guy was doing c&j from mid shin then squatting so I didn't even ask when he'd be done I just loaded up the bar on the floor and went to town.)

135x8
145x5
155x5
165x4
165x4

Side Lateral Raise
30x5
35x5x4

Front Lateral Raise
35x5x5

EZ Bar Curl (does not include weight of bar)
50x5
70x5
70x5
70x5
70x5

DB Curl
50x5x5

I will finish up tomorrow with hammer curls and tris then squats hopefully some SLDL and calf raises. I'm sick of loading 1200 lbs on the leg press then unloading it.

dynamo
07-18-2009, 07:48 AM
Good day yesterday. I was pretty much beat after my squats but I chipped away and finished up my workout.

Hammer Curls
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5

Squat
135x10
315x5
315x5
315x5
315x5

Seated OH Tri Extension
85x5
85x5
85x5
85x5
85x5
I kept it light because my elbows have been a little iffy lately

RDL (or SLDL whichever you prefer) 3" deficit
135x5
225x5
225x5
225x5
225x5
These weren't too terribly difficult I probably couldve done 275 with no issues but honestly I didn't feel like walking back to the locker room to grab my chalk plus I haven't done these in months so I figured I should keep it light just so my back isn't shot for a week, I think I will continue with these and scrap the leg press all together I really like how these engage my back glutes and hammies while leg press is pretty useless. Though I did get compliments from some youngsters on my 1200lbs sets the other week.

Standing one handed OH Tricep Extensions (I did both arms at once, bad idea btw)
35x5
40x5
40x5
40x5
40x5
I wanted to work on some stabilizing muscles in my arms for benching and the like, and these really hit them well but when doing both arms at once I don't feel like I hit the right angle to fully engage the muscles but I wanted to be done with my work out so I stick with it. I still hit my triceps no problem I just don't feel like I hit them as well as I could have.

Standing Calf Raise Machine (Weight includes 400lbs stack and holding 55lbs dumbbells in each hand)

510x7
510x7
510x7
These felt much more difficult than the 500x7 sets i've been doing lately, good feeling. I can't wait til my calves are as big as my thighs.

Tri pushdown machine
285x8
285x8
285x9
Im getting tired of this machine and tricep pushdowns I will have to look up some more exercises. I don't mind doing skull crushers but I kinda wanna stay away from them, but who knows maybe its time to reintroduce myself to them.

I swam for 20 minutes. It was the most difficult thing I did my legs were not working and even though I felt like I was kicking up a storm I couldn't keep my legs afloat worth a damn.

I got home and fell asleep at 830pm I ended up sleeping til 8am this morning. Totally sucks bc I only got about 160g of protein in before I passed out. I had 3 cans of tuna for breakfast today though. I'm trying to get at least 200g but 350 would be ideal. Its really tough to get that much protein with whole foods though. I am really full most of the day.

Edit: My diet has been going well. I haven't lost any weight, actually gained a few pounds, but I think thats water weight. I have noticed nice body recomposition. I was a little worried the other day, but then I realized I shouldn't be in such a rush. I need to stick to the plan and see how things turn out.

dynamo
07-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Totally didn't want to go to the gym whatso****ingever today. Glad I did. I think I am training myself to push past the pain (of course) plus do what's needed (going to the gym even though I wanna go home and sleep forever)

Bench
135x7
225x5 <---felt strong FINALLY
245x5 <---muy easy
265x4 <---I was impressed
285x1 <---my mind was saying go ahead just put two 5s on don't do the 10s
but I wanted to do them. It was a strong lift, I think my mistake was to rack the weight after the rep, I think if I just went for another I couldve gotten it.
285x0

DB BP
90x5
90x5
90x4
90x5
90x4

I am working on getting a good stretch in my shoulders with these. I'm going down to the point where I pinch my shoulder blades together, my left anteroir delt is super tight and weak from when I hurt it in 2k7 and this seems to be helping.

Pec Deck
210x7
230x5
230x5
230x5
230x5
230x5 <---tough but i did it

biked for 5 minutes before I said **** this and left.

dynamo
07-22-2009, 07:20 PM
well I went to deadlift. I wanted to give up after the 3rd set but this hot chick walked by so i pressed on.

DL
135x10
315x5
405x3
405x3
405x1

I couldn't seem to do more than 3 reps at a time, but thats ok. last week was pretty intense. I may do speed work next week

GMs
135x5
185x5
205x5
215x5
215x5

Rack Pulls above the knee
315x5
395x5
395x5

My lower back was not liking it so i stopped and swam for 20 minutes. I don't think i've gotten much faster but my recovery time between laps is much shorter.

dynamo
07-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Thursday 7.23.09

Standing Mil Press
135x5
155x5
155x4
145x5
145x5

Front LR
30x5
35x5
35x5
35x5
35x5

Side LR
35x5
35x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
My left shoulder was being a wuss. I got that same muscle burn/extreme exhaustion that I used to back in the day. I wonder what I really did to my shoulder. It works fine its just like it has no stamina.

Side LR left arm only
15x10

DB Curl
50x5
55x5
55x5
55x5
55x5
I think my ROM started to shorten towards the end.

Hammer Curl
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x5

Seated OH Tri ex
85x5
85x5
95x5
95x5
95x5

Standing One Arm OH Tri Extension
35x5
35x5
35x5
35x5
35x5

Friday 7.24.09

Squat
Bar x 10 ATG
135x5 ATG
225x5 ATG
315x5
315x5
335x5 <--PR It took me a while to get up to this set. It was alot easier than I thought, I may throw 365 on next week and see what happens

SLDL 3" Deficit
135x5
225x5
315x3
315x3
315x4
315x4 <--this last set seemed to be the easiest. I guess my CNS wasn't warmed up. Also I use those cheesy plastic step aerobic platforms for when I do deficit deads, and it seems about 600lbs spread across 2 size 13 feet is about all the pressure it can take. Every rep I did of 315 I heard it cracking, after I was done I turned it over and saw two nice stress fractures where I planted my feet. I can't wait til I SLDL 405 for reps.

Standing Calf Raises (400lb weight stack plus two 55lbs dumbbells)
510x7
510x7
510x7
This is my lowest volume exercise because my calves grow without much help and since they're already huge I keep it on the down low.

EZ Bar curl (only includes weight of the plates)
40x5
60x5
80x5
80x5
80x4

Standing OH Tri Cable Extensions
17.5x5
22.5x5
22.5x5
22.5x5
22.5x5

Swam 20 minutes. Very awesome, I ended up sprinting a whole lap. My endurance is getting up there.

dynamo
07-25-2009, 08:52 AM
I went out last night, saw some friends I haven't seen in a while. I got the usual "omgz ure so swole, jeez dood how much do you bench omgz you deadlift? how much? do you do steroids?!!>!>!?!?!!>?!?>!" and I don't know why everyone asks me if I do steroids, I mean I do know why but I just don't know why they don't think people can work at becoming stronger. The other thing is the whole night everyone ended up talking about muscle size and working out instead of actually talking about normal things, and of course I did my best to avoid the subject but it was tough. Oh well I guess, it must just come with the territory.

dynamo
07-27-2009, 08:14 PM
today was pretty blah. my shoulders were still sore from last weeks workout.

Bench Press
135x7
225x5-7 reps for probably 7 or 8 sets. I didn't count sets I just did them then left

dynamo
07-28-2009, 04:23 PM
another light day.

DL
135x10
315x5
405x1
315x6

dynamo
07-30-2009, 07:14 PM
another light day. very good i think. my shoulder strength and stamina was wonderful

Standing Mil Press w/ C+J to start the lift
135x10
155x6
155x5
135x6

Static Barbell holds with 110 lbs per hand
42s
30s
I wouldve held these til they fell to the floor but I didn't want to scare the peeps in the gym. Perhaps ill tuck away next time I do these.

I noticed my grip strength is about even but my endurance is much less in my left arm. gunna work on this.

left. this week has just been weaksauce all over the mirror. thats ok though, i am healing up and will be strong as balls next week.

dynamo
08-01-2009, 04:55 PM
another easy day.

Squat
135x10 ATG
225x20

Stationary bike fat burn for 20 minutes.

dynamo
08-03-2009, 05:24 PM
that light week was much needed last week. Good day all around and I don't feel like I over did it.

BP
135x10
225x5
245x5
265x3
285x3

DB BP
90x5
90x5
100x5
100x5
100x5

Pec Deck
210x5
220x5
220x5
220x5
225x5

Fat burn on the bike 20 minutes

I ate lots of carbs today. LOts of protein also, I trying out the thing in that cmason article. 3-4 spikes of insulin a day with plenty of protein.

Gotta keep the left side stretched. shoulder was really tight and hip got really tight after the biking. ok im off to nap.

dynamo
08-04-2009, 08:41 PM
kind of frustrated...I wanted to go the gym today. Mon - chest Tues - Back Wed - off Thurs - Arms/shouldlers Fri - Legs. I left my chalk at home so I swing by home and decide im hungry, so I eat then I take a 1 hour nap. Once I get up im incredibly hungry again so I eat a bunch more food. Then I just give up on trying to make it to the gym because I am tired and just out of it. What pisses me off is I am feeling quite well now, I would love to go to the gym and knock out my sets but of course its closed. If I didn't forget my chalk I wouldve gone straight to the gym and not missed lifting, I wouldve been less intense than I could be now. I guess I just need to figure a way to not be completely beat right after work. I think its food timing. For lunch all I had were maybe 2 oz of potato chips a can of tuna and some water, and 5 hours later I expected myself to go deadlift and such. ugh...

dynamo
08-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Sitting on the stationary bike while I write this...

DL
135x10
315x5
365x5
405x3
405x1
405x1
315x5 <--- super fast very explosive wewt!

Cable rows
220x5x5

bent over db row
105x6
105x6
105x6
105x6
insane rawr!

Super strong I'd say plenty of fat people around to make me look extra good. It was kinda funnny I had to DL infront of this stand alone cable machine and I just started my 405 set and these two fat 30 somethings came over to the cable machine with the body builder trainer (only one at my joint) and I could tell they really wanted to be buff like bbt walking all macho like but they stoo in awe after I knocked out those reps it felt good. Adios!

dynamo
08-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Wewt...more below

Standing Mil Press
barx10
135x5
155x5
175x3 <--PR
165x4
165x3

EZ Bar Curl (does not include weight of bar)
50x5
70x5
70x5
80x5
80x5

Side Lateral Raise
30x5
35x5 (****ty form)
30x5
30x5
30x5

Hammer Curl
60x5
60x5
60x5
60x4
60x4.5

Front LR
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5
30x5

DB Curl
50x5
50x5
50x5
50x5
50x5

Seated OH Tri Ex
90x5
90x5
90x5
90x5
90x5
There is alot more tri engagement and less elbow stress when I actively try to keep my elbows tucked in. I got my grip and without disturbing my grip I tried my best to touch my elbows together.

Biked for 20.

I have also decided to write down what I eat each day. I always make a mental note and I know how many calories are in the things I eat (or i've eaten enough in my life to estimate). I am not concerned about my macro make up I am more concerned about my total calories and protein intake

Cal/Protein
2 Scoops Opticen - 372/40
Roast Beef Sandwich - 400/30
PB&J - 400/24
Vegetarian Sloppy Joe - 600/40
Total: 2172/130

I know everyone says eat blah blah blah 1.5g/lbm or whatever, but I have been able to gain and maintain weight easily my whole life. I was barely eating 1000 cals a day when I weighed 200 lbs and it didn't bother me. I have had good results eating 200-300 g of protein/day when I was bulking, I'm really looking to stay around 265 and slim up a bit, so body recomp I suppose. I'm doing well, I am starting to see a 6 pack, still got some belly hang though.

Edit: Opticen Cals

dynamo
08-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Got off work at 1130am today, every other friday is a half day for me. Decided to stop home and eat before hitting the gym, had two turkey sandwiches then fell asleep from 1pm to 5pm. Got things to do tonight so I am skipping the gym and gunna go tomorrow morning. Food is below.

2 Scoops Opticen 372/40
2 Turkey Sandwiches 1100/70
Shrimp Salad 600/45
*Froufrou Soy Protein Drink from 7-11 270/32
Totals 2342/187

Edit: included late night intake.

dynamo
08-08-2009, 09:18 AM
Off to the gym now to do some squats, definitely going heavy today, I think I will start going ATG on all sets just for the fun of it.

Egg Beaters Sandwich 360/24
Turkey Sandwich 600/50
Johnsonville Brats (3) 360/30
total 1320/104

Squat
Barx10 ATG
135x5 ATG
225x5 ATG
315x5
365x1.5 I got out of the hole on the second rep, but I couldn't get all the way up, i promised my gym I wouldn't grunt and scream like a powerlifter for the right to deadlift but I felt like if I could've just scream COME ON YOU MOTHER ****ER!@!!@ I wouldve gotten it.
335x3
335x2
315x3
315x2

Standing Calf Raises (includes 400lbs stack and 2 60 lbs DBs)
520x7
520x7
520x7

SLDL (3" Def)
135x5
225x5
315x2

Then I stopped, I just didn't care any more. I was tired and I tweaked my back doing those squats. Its strange because everything feels fine but when Isit down and have to get back up it feels terrible plus the first few steps I take I limp then I'm ok again.

dynamo
08-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Food:

3 brats 360/30
turkey sandwich 400/40
2 pb&j 800/40
bison burger 600/30
skim milk 360/30

totals 2520/170

dynamo
08-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Well I have been sleeping a bunch, something on the order of 10-14 hours a day, I figure its lifting heavy all the time. So I am switching to a west side type template where I have max effort weeks and dynamic effort weeks. Today was all speed work.

Bench
135x10 super fast felt like I couldve thrown this up and hit the ceiling
225x5 still super fast
225x5 getting a little slower
245x5 oh snap taking about a second a rep
245x5 close to seconds a rep but still good.

DB BP
80x5 tried going a little fast but since this is essentially accessory work I just worked on getting a good stretch and use it to rehab my tight ass left shoulder
80x6
80x6
80x6
80x5

Pec Deck
210x5
210x5
210x5
210x5
210x5 I put the handles as far back as possible to get a superb stretch in my delts and pecs.

Foods

Opticen 372/40
turkey sandwich 400/40
Chicken leg thigh and breast 500/60
2 PB&J Sandwiches 800/60
Totals 2072/200

The fat is coming off nicely, I haven't experienced any reduction in strength. Just have to give it time, I'm in a hurry to cut this fat and I don't know why. Legs have thinned out nicely, back is working its way down, just got my boobies and belly lef for the most part.

dynamo
08-12-2009, 08:43 PM
Another speed day. totally worth it.

DL
135x10 lolerballs on the speed here.
315x5 less than 1 second per rep
365x5 3-4 seconds per rep, didn't like how slow i was so i dropped the weight

GMs
135x5
185x5
205x5
205x5
215x5 <--the 10lb addition felt like I was going to explode on the way down, very nice.

Bent over DB Rows (these took a little while to knock out bc my forearms were really feeling it for some reason)
110x5
110x5
110x5
110x5
110x5

"Running" on the elliptical for 20 minutes. I like it more than the bike bc it actually requires more effort and involves my hips more which is good for after work out cool down and keeping loose.

I noticed a thread about prowlers on here, and how one can buy a homemade one off ebay. I am tempted, though I am about to end my job (2 weeks) to go back to school full time. I finally have focus for lifting beyond doing it because I enjoy it, and for that I don't mind the sacrifice I just need to make sure it won't ruin my schooling (financially and time wise). I want to train to do MMA stuff, plus do a strong man competition or two. I am somewhat worried because my gym only has DBs that go upto 110 which totally means i have to improvise my farmers walk type stuff.

Its pretty stressful, if people would leave me the **** alone I would be fine, I would spend the money I want where I want and be happy. Unfortunately I have uneducated family members who find it necessary to tell me how to live my life and it makes me want to break their faces. I get worn out from ignoring them because they still waste my time. **** it, **** them, I am who I am and its better than who they are. God damn it.

Food

Jimmy Dean Bfast Sammich 320/18
Two Chicken boobie sandwiches 800/60
2 PB&J (mucho pb) 800/65
Spaghetti and balls of meat 600/20
totals 2520/163

I had about a liter and a half of water before I weighed myself today. minus the 3 lbs or so of h2o I was about 261.

dynamo
08-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Didn't make it to the gym today, I was just feeling worn down throughout the day and particularly sore from my sets yesterday. I think I will up the protein intake by about 50g/day, recovery seems to be a little slow. I will show up early to the gym tomorrow, probably stay there until I knock out my arms shoulders and legs. Chances are there won't be many people there so I will have the place to myself, especially after 7 i would think.

Food
Opticen 372/40
Pasta bull**** 600/20
pb&j 400/30
3 slices of pizza 360/20
pbj 400/30
nitrean 220/48

Totals 2352/188

P.S. it'll be like a damn camping trip ill probably have to bring some liquid food and some gatorade to knock out all my sets.

dynamo
08-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Pretty ****ty day for working out. I got home ate a whole pizza passed out for an hour woke up still tired told myself i would goto the gym tomorrow in the AM then I said hells no i can't do that I need to stick to my schedule. So I take 3 nitor, and drink 32 oz of DHMO supplement transport system. I get to the gym and I still feel like ****. I knock out some reps and call it quits I wanted to do way more but the nitor made me super cotton mouthy and light headed and the pizza gave me horrendous gas and substantial bloating. I would've knocked out the 20 rep squats like I wanted if I wouldn't have felt obligated to clean up my puke afterwards.

Mil Press
135x5
155x5
175x3
165x4
165x3 felt super weak and my left shoulder was roasted.

Squat ALL ATG
135x15
225x10
225x6 <---I was ramping up to do 225x20 but after 6 my body literally stopped itself and it told me keep going if you want to puke your brains out and **** your pants.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel stronger and less bleh and I will go squat again and hopefully do some accessory work.

Foodsies

Cereal 500/30
Healthy Choice joke meal 220/14
Pizza 1400/33
Strawburry Opticen 372/40
Totals 2492/117

Gotta go get some more food. bbl to update again. rawr

dynamo
08-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Skippeed the gym all together. I went running up a BFH by my house inspired by sensei's video. I was shooting for 10 times, lolerballs. I got up 3 times then my legs wouldn't stop spasming, then I went for a 4th and almost puked again and walked the last quarter of the hill. Time was running short and I didn't bring water (stupid me) so I quit on the 4th one. Good thing too because my legs are incredibly unconditioned. I will work up to 10 over the next few weeks. I found a local PL gym on PLWatch so I am going to check that ish out tomorrow and if it looks good and the people seem decent i'll drop my membership i have now and sign up for that one.

food
2 scoop opti 372/40
2 sausages 240/30
chicken and salsa 300/25
1 scoop nitrean 120/24
can o tuna 90/30
carbs 800
total 1922/149

dynamo
08-17-2009, 07:21 AM
just sort of rambling here...

I've lost a bunch of weight in the past two weeks. Strength hasn't been affected as far as I can tell. My gym is closed this week so I have to goto my university gym. I was going to go today, but I didn't bring lunch and I will be hungry when I get off work. Who knows, maybe I'll stop by after dinner. Eat some food, get my gear and head over...doesn't sound like a bad idea. Hell I really haven't been on campus in close to a year and a half. sheesh what a weird feeling...speaking of weird feelings, I don't have any pain in any muscles, which is weird. I guess doing the whole speed work/deload type week last week was helpful. If I am repping 285 tonight I will be happy.

Food

Opticen 372/40

dynamo
08-17-2009, 08:40 PM
school starts in 2 weeks. I am taking off from the gym for the most part. I have lost my motivation. Well I guess I should say I don't really look forward to going to the gym. I wanna heal up some more. Its so strange I guess because I dropped maybe 1000 calories out of my diet its been tough on the recovery. I really don't know, its so weird, some times I want to go to the gym, but its usually around 10-11 am but of course I'm at work, and by 430 when I get off I am just so beat I have no drive to make it to the gym. Then I come home and sleep for damn near 3 hours and when I awaken its almost time for the gym to close. Maybe my sleep schedule just needs fixing and my nutrient timing needs to be addressed. I will focus on going to bed at 12 tonight, and eating right before work ends tomorrow.

dynamo
08-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Hmm...protein intake is back up, my body likes it alot more. I decided this friday I am going to go for max attempts at all my lifts. I'm hoping for 405 squat 455 deadlift and 315 bench. My total would be 1175 then. Only thing I am worried about is my squat. Hopefully I can make some videos too.

dynamo
08-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Welp no videos, primarily bc im lazy.

BP
135x15 (last 7 were speed)
225x5
275x5
295x1.9 (I hit the rack on the descent of the 2nd rep which threw me off)
295x2
315x1 (felt wayyy easy)
335x0 (pretty darn heavy i unracked and it just sorta fell)
320x1 (felt good enough to go for 325)
325x0.6 (my arms were toast they were shaking all the way down and I just couldn't finish the rep)

DB BP
90x5
100x5
100x5
100x4
100x5

Pec Deck
230x5
220x4.8
220x4.8
220x4.8
220x4.8
Couldn't get my hands to touch on that last rep of each set

The end went home.

I clocked in at 268. it was probably more like 265 since i had my ipod and water bottle in my hand when i weighed myself.

dynamo
08-29-2009, 11:29 AM
So I had this great idea...goto the gym around noon because no one would be there and I could get in where I needed to go...well I was wrong, it was all SUVs so I hoped it was just a bunch of soccer moms piled on the treadmills but nope, it was a bunch of dumbass middle aged men grunting their way through 35lbs db curls and morons standing in front of me while I was deadlifting 400lbs. I was hoping I would hit one of them in the back of the leg and break them in half but it never happened. I ****ing hate my gym everyone there is such a moron. Employees and patrons alike. **** I wanted to kill people. Straight up bash their heads in with a 25lbs plate. Never have I felt this way towards a group of morons hindering my progress. So I stopped short and I will go around 4 hopefully it will clear out by then.

DL
135x10
315x5
315x5 core was shaky (literally) on both sets of 315
405x1
405x1
405x1 I could barely lift this, it was such a slow ass ascent. I blame it on my sleep problems as of late.

Squat
135x5 atg
225x5 atg
315x0 douchenozzle decided I was done when i walked away and swapped the 6 45s for 2 10s so he could do standing mil presses, which he sucked ass at **** him. im canceling my membership monday i'm fed up with morons. The general lack of gym ettiquite just pisses me off to no end hopefully I'll have a few chances to steal equipment and do some heavy sets right in front of people. Its not like I give a **** if you want to work in. I will unload plates so you can do your sets with 10lbs plates I don't give a ****, but everyone now a days is just a huge ****ing pussy they don't make eye contact they don't express opinions they just set up camp and hope you don't mind or see them or some **** and when I call them out they **** their pants.

I got in with the goal of finishing squats and doing shoulders I warmed up and put 315 on the bar but it was so damn heavy, it was a struggle just to unrack it so I put it back and went to 275

275x5
295x5

i was feeling worn out i walked around aimlessly kind of trying to decide if i wanted to do anything, I looked at the rack thought about mil presses looked at the dumb bells thought about lateral raises looked at the freemotion machines thought about whatever they hell they do and i just couldn't bring myself to keep working out I just have been so tired lately, and I know its not from lifting too much because last week was speed work, and this week I only lifted monday and now today. maybe ill make it in tomorrow too. I wonder if its my diet. I know im getting enough protein but maybe I need more fats and carbs. that really shouldn't be an issue considering my diet consists of chicken fingers hot pockets opticen nitrean steamed veggies bean salads and rotisserie chicken of which I ate the skin bc it was so tasty. I almost didn't go in today to finish up but after I had a turkey sandwich slathered with mayo I got some energy and went for it.

dynamo
08-29-2009, 09:27 PM
After some quick thought I am thinking I may have been sporting a vitamin deficiency and perhaps even an iron deficiency. I haven't been taking my multivitamins like i usually do, plus I never eat red meat, mainly for the saturated fat content and the general lack of flavor cheaper cuts tend to have. Back to the vitamins and back to the oat meal(high in iron).

dynamo
08-31-2009, 08:05 PM
good lifting today I didn't keep to my schedule but I enjoyed my time.

BP
135x20 (I felt like I couldve done 50 and I was tempted to try it)
225x8
245x5
245x5
265x3
these were all speed work. I didn't have a chance to use the cage, there was a guy doing bent over rows, I guess his lower back is shot so he couldn't pick the bar off the ground, I dunno. In any even I wouldve been far more intense if I were in the cage I just didn't want to fail and be pinned.

Pec Deck
245x5
245x5
225x5
225x5
225x5
Good speed but you know i ran into a guy i know and i was more focused on chatting than lifting, but whatever.

Seated benchpress machine
220x5
235x5
245x5
255x5
265x5
stupid machine, totally useless. i hate it. forever

DB BP
95x5
95x5
95x5
95x5

then I was out. I start school tomorrow, hopefully no loser **** face will get in my way. i honestly need a gym in my basement im so sick of people coming into the gym and wasting space. they waste my time and they waste theirs.

I had a friend ask me what I did for my workout....I told him what I did...then I asked him about his workout and he tells me i do pyramids and all i can think is oof bad idea. I ask him how its working and he goes 'well im sore the next day and its alot of reps so its building muscular endurance' and I follow up with 'so you don't actually lift any more weight than when you started' he says 'no' i say 'i don't know why you even lift if you don't get any gains' he says 'i don't really care' i say 'fair enough' then he tells me his friend told him to do it. I just don't get people, his friend is like 3 years younger and a relative pudge ball compared to him. I told him how to lift before (he asked, apparently its too much work), now I just don't care any more and wish he'd stop asking me about my workouts.

dynamo
09-01-2009, 12:46 PM
not too bad I suppose. I didn't get to do good mornings so I subbed bent over DB rows instead, of course these are two different muscle groups being worked but I thought maybe its a good idea I can't do my lower back today, it may need time to recover.

DL
135x8
315x5
315x5
385x5
405x1
425x1
445x0.1 got it off the floor but had no strength to continue, I almost passed out on my 3rd attempt of this...i had to sit down and regain my balance and sight, it was awesome.

TBar Rows
180x5
180x5
170x5
175x5
175x4
ROM was too short on the 180 sets

Bent over DB rows (wouldve gone for 110 or 115 but my school gym only goes up to 100)

100x5
100x5
100x5
100x5
100x5

10 minute jog.

edit: digital scale at school weighed me in at 247 then after a liter of water and some reps it weighed me in at 238 i suspect its not calibrated and my weight will be considered 265 for the time being.

dynamo
09-04-2009, 03:12 PM
hoffsome day.

Squat
135x8
225x5
315x5
365x3
365x3
365x3

Seated Calf Raise
180x7
180x7
225x7
180x6

SLDL
225x5
315x5
405x1
405x1
405x1
315x7 <--speedy
405x1
405x1
405x1
I was actually going for 5 but I stopped at 3 bc I haven't gone heavy on SLDL in a while and I didn't want to be recovering for 2 weeks

Hammer Curls
55x5
55x5
55x5
60x5
60x5

Seated OH Tri Extension
85x5
95x5
95x5
95x5
95x5 <--last rep I almost failed

Seated OH Tri Ext Mach
140x7
160x7
180x5
180x5

Done. Good workout. Hopefully I'll be repping 405 SLDL soon.

dynamo
09-08-2009, 07:06 PM
BP
135x15
225x5
275x4
295x2
295x2
315x1
315x1
315x1
245x3 <---very sloppy

DB BP
90x5
90x6
90x6
90x6
90x5

Pec Deck
150x5
170x5
170x5
170x5
176.66x5
pec deck at school not at gym thus lower weights

done.

dynamo
09-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Great day I reckon.

DL
135x10
315x5
405x5 (reset after each rep)
405x5 (reset after each rep)
425x1 (felt like I was going to pass out)
435x0.1 (strong off the floor to about mid shin then I couldn't move any more)
405x1
405x1

Tbar
135x5
180x5
180x4
170x5
160x4
135x3

bent over db row
100x5
100x5
100x5
100x5
100x5

done.

dynamo
09-10-2009, 12:49 PM
my shoulders were shot from the 315x3 this tuesday and probably from the deads yesterday so i took it easy

Mil press
135x10
155x5
165x5
175x1
165x2
super burn

Front Lateral Raise
30x0 too heavy
20x5
20x5
20x10
super burn

Side LR
20x10
20x10
super burn

so after this set my arms felt like dead weight so i called it a day. probably going to skip all arm work this week because this is the heaviest weight and highest volume i have EVER lifted. we'll see how squats go tomorow. 405x1x1x1 would be swell.

dynamo
09-12-2009, 11:04 AM
good day

Squat
135x10 atg
225x5 atg
315x5 atg
315x5 atg
405x1 parallel
405x1 below parallel
405x1 below parallel
405x0.5 couldn't get out of the hole

Standing calf raise machine (400+60lbs DBs)
520x7
520x7
520x7

SLDL (didn't bring my chalk so i kept it light-ish)
315x8
315x8
315x5 (left hip got way too tight to walk so i gave up after 5)

Done.

Edit: I weighed in at 272 today. i did have my keys and phone in my pocket.
Edit 2: I bought new shoes good for running and such. I will start with that on monday. Its only been an hour and I am finding it extremely difficult to walk up steps.

dynamo
09-14-2009, 06:05 AM
ugh i got to the gym at 530am i primarily did it to start my day off early and get some work done but I feel like **** now. I am so tired and I'm afraid to drink coffee because i dont want to be tired and not be able to sleep.

Bench
135x10
225x5
245x5
265x5
285x4

DB BP
95x5
95x6
95x5
95x5
95x5

Pecdeck
190x5
210x5
220x5
220x5
220x5
gym not school

I wanted to jog/spint for 30 min today couldn't do jack though, I'm so out of shape. I started off at jog 5mph sprint 7mph after 2 minutes went to 4/6 spent most of my time at 2/4.

dynamo
09-16-2009, 04:28 PM
Kept it lighter than last week...I'm thinking about dropping my arm day, just making it shoulders. School, although, not stressful is picking up and will probably take over

DL
135x10
315x5
385x5
385x5
405x4

TBar Row
135x5
135x5
175x5
175x5
175x5

Bent over DB row
100x5
100x5
100x5
100x5
100x5

dynamo
09-18-2009, 12:40 PM
Good day sorta. I wanted to do more but I had an opticen shake at 1030 and that was it i didn't start lifting til 1230 almost...shouldve brought a shake.

Standing Calf Raise Machine (2 65lbs DBS +400lb stack)
400x5
530x5
530x7
530x7
530x6

Squat
135x10 atg
225x5 atg
315x5 atg
365x5 parallel/below parallel
385x1 tough
385x3 I accidently went atg on the last one, but I wasn't going to give up on that rep and I knocked it out
315x5 atg <--pretty tough but i enjoyed it

SLDL
315x5
385x0 <--just no energy left
315x5 I was spent..I probably couldve done another few sets if i bought a gatorade but i wasn't going to pay for that shiznit.

I did no arm/shoulder accessory work this week again. I don't know why I don't have the drive for it any more. I think it is just the lack of sleep lately. I have a horrible school schedule, i'm on campus almost 12 hours a day every day and I don't get home til about 9pm. I will work on my sleep and hopefully my volume will go up again. If it doesn't I at least want to work in military presses.

Edit: Clocked in at 272 today.

dynamo
09-19-2009, 09:04 AM
So things seems to be culminating at the end of the week. I have been dragging my feet getting to the gym every time i've gone this week (Mon/Wed/Fri when its usually Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri). Once I get in the gym I am golden but its been tough to get in. I also have been finding hard to actually concentrate and do my work for school and other things as well.

I think it all came to light last night. I slept from about 3am to 10am on friday morning because of some coffee ice cream I had thursday night, so that was not my choice, I was actually ready to hit the hay at 10 pm. Then friday after I lifted (good solid set of SQUATS always wears me the fack out), from about 1230pm to 2pm I sat on my ass all day, and I stuffed my face every 2-3 hours. I couldn't get enough food. I got my books together to go study on campus and before I left I lied down on the couch and bam woke up and it was 1030pm. I ate some more. Then at 2am I fell asleep again, and I woke up at 930 this morning.

This leads me to believe I need to do more to aid in my recovery. When I lifted over the summer I had to be at work by 730 I was off no later than 430 I would hit the gym and do it again. I was there at least 4 days a week. No problem. Now that school has started my schedule is all over the place. First week I was up by 7 every day, 2nd week I struggled to get up, 3rd week I was still struggling, now this last week I have given up going to school early and I am waking up between 10-12 every day. Sleeping close to 10 hours a day.

One thing I realized is when I am on campus I am there usually from 8am to 9pm. I have an opticen shake in the morning. Then I lift then I have about 50g of protein shake afterwards. Then if I bring a lunch it will be maybe 2 chicken breasts and thats it (sometimes some veggies too). So by, I'll say 2pm, all I have had to eat is opticen (372cal/40g), protein shake (300cal/50g), and some chicken boob (350cal/50g) for a total of about 1000 calories. Some days I don't even bring a lunch, so I have to buy a ****faceslutbucket of a lunch from the cafeteria which I might as well go **** in a cup and eat that. So I am getting home around 8-9pm with only 1000 calories in me, and I stuff my face usually full of carbs because thats what dinner usually is (spaghetti, or chilli with bread) and that does not aid in recovery at that point.

So here is what I propose. I don't like to replace my meals with supplements but I think i have to until I can find a better route. I will bring 2-3 more powders to drink while I'm at school. This should be sufficient in aiding my my recovery, keeping me focused, and not sleeping 12 hours a day. Thanks for letting me get my thoughts out, youre the bestest!

dynamo
09-24-2009, 05:21 AM
Haven't gone to the gym at all this week. Doubt I will, I need to do school work and recover somewhat. I'm not to worried I missed almost 6 months in the gym and it only took about a month to get to where I left off so I will continue to focus on school and gym will come second because I gotta pay the bills to keep going to the gym. Ok, off to class.

dynamo
09-28-2009, 08:20 AM
I didn't lift all last week, and I don't see me lifting all this week. I started getting a cold on friday, nothing too serious but I've been tired, getting headaches, sore throat, lots of phlegm, so I will probably avoid working out this week too. It may be for the best, I gotta say I haven't been this horny in a long time, so I must have plenty of testosterone flowing through me to repair my muscles. I don't want to go back into the gym til I'm 100%, its not worth getting more sick because I didn't rest up.

dynamo
10-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Well I am still sick, this is the end of week 2. I am clearing out finally though. Massive loogies and a runny nose. I am confident I will be back to lifting on monday. I won't push it though. If it takes 3 weeks to get back to 100% so be it, I can't afford to be worn down to the point of not functioning.

Interestingly enough I've been cutting while sick too. Nothing huge, but minus 500 cals a day or so (probably the reason I'm still sick). I don't know if I can put up 315 on the bench any more but ladies do look more often. I felt like I shrunk by half after I lost my water bloat, but its not bad, I am really shooting for about 12% or whatever kills the belly fat enough to have a noticeable 6 pack and no belly hang when I sit down. Then I will most likely assess my weight and body comp, see what needs to grow a little more, fill it in, and then do a slow bulk to where I am between 260-280 and 10-12% bf. I have the range because I want to look good without a shirt on and not limit myself to a single number knowing I can easily gain 10-15 lbs in a week if I needed to (yeah yeah mainly water but the point is I can bring myself to eat huge amounts of food for long periods of time).

I have been so focused on getting my numbers up that I haven't worried about my body comp, though I am lucky, I have been blessed to not to go over 20% bf while I work on my goals. Now that I am on the edge of my goals I think its time to look good too.

dynamo
10-09-2009, 02:33 AM
**** it I'm back in the gym today. I've been a bitch for 3 weeks. I need to get back to kicking my own ass the way I know how. ****. I'm tired of losing.