PDA

View Full Version : Closing the 300 lb bb.com gripper.

Killa Kurt
11-20-2007, 10:46 PM
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n300/KillaKurt/DSCN0717.jpg

Here's a picture from about 1-2 weeks ago of me closing the 300 lb gripper from bodybuilding.com. About a week after this I went to a local used equipment store and they had the Captains of Crush no. 3 which is supposedly 285 lbs of pressure and I couldn't close that one.

Using these have helped my grip a LOT. If you don't have these, buy some.

motoko013
11-21-2007, 04:57 PM
do you just squeeze them repeatedly, or try to keep it closed until you can't hold it anymore

BFGUITAR
11-21-2007, 05:33 PM
Is it 300lbs at the furthest point or the closest to the point of rotation? Or the middle?

Killa Kurt
11-21-2007, 05:44 PM
do you just squeeze them repeatedly, or try to keep it closed until you can't hold it anymore

When I train I keep the reps very low, and I also was doing negatives with the 300 a lot. Not too much volume when doing them, get nice and warmed up, stick to 5 less reps on sets. You would close it repeatedly if you could, or once if you can. I guess you can train your endurance if you hold it for a while, but I only held it closed when I did negatives.

300 lbs is at the closing point (which is why I'm showing the bottom of the gripper) the last few **** hairs is the hardest part of them.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n300/KillaKurt/DSC00007.jpg

chris mason
11-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Good job!

The #3 is a huge accomplishment in the grip world if you can get it.

Chris

Unholy
11-22-2007, 11:27 AM
The BBing.com ones are a bit wack. I could barely close the CoC #2 and could almost close the 300lb one from BBing.com. I think CoC's are the standard in the grip strength community.

2PACMAN2
11-22-2007, 03:23 PM
you should have you're little finger on the end of the handle bro! more leverage that way, but maybe you were doing it high to make it harder i donno

that 300 will be measured differently, i dont know of bb.com grippers but it's probably measured from a different point on the handles e.g the heavy grip 300 is generally easier than coc #3..these also vary a lot, they can be easier than coc #2's an harder than #3's

Killa Kurt
11-22-2007, 06:15 PM
you should have you're little finger on the end of the handle bro! more leverage that way, but maybe you were doing it high to make it harder i donno

that 300 will be measured differently, i dont know of bb.com grippers but it's probably measured from a different point on the handles e.g the heavy grip 300 is generally easier than coc #3..these also vary a lot, they can be easier than coc #2's an harder than #3's

I wanted to make sure you guys could see it closed. Although it could have been a 100 lb gripper, you guys will just have to take my word for it. :D Maybe I'll put a video up if the credibility of it gets tested. lol

The BBing.com ones are a bit wack. I could barely close the CoC #2 and could almost close the 300lb one from BBing.com. I think CoC's are the standard in the grip strength community.

Yup I think the CoC's are definately the standard for grip strength, I'm going to get them soon and start training again. I also agree that the BBing.com ones are a bit wack, but regardles it helped me grip a ton and a half.

Good job!

The #3 is a huge accomplishment in the grip world if you can get it.

Chris

Thanks chris I'm gonna get some CoCs soon and start on them. Has anyone else noticed that if you train your grip at night, you feel like **** the next day, like a train hit you? I usually do it a hr before I go to sleep and the next day I feel TERRIBLE, like I overtrained myself in one shot.

BTW does anyone notice the roid vein in my head popping out? jpin

dusst
11-22-2007, 06:27 PM
lawl nice picture I know for a fact I could not do that, even with the help of a friend!