PDA

View Full Version : A no bull**** email from one of our lifters!

chris mason
11-21-2007, 08:33 PM
A few months ago I asked Ox Mason to use Opticen exclusively as his PWO supplement. He was to take it within 20 minutes of finishing training each day.

He just sent me the following email today:

"Chris,

i just wnated to give you an update on our little experiment. If you remember, we were seeing what my body comp would do if i took Opti, P-w/o. I take Nitrean between breakfast and lunch, but added opti p-w/o. At the start of this i was 221@18% body fat, now i am 230 at about 13%. Pretty cool huh?

Ox"

The real ****ing deal! No supplement company hype, just real results from a world class athlete. I can't tell you how stoked I was when I got this email!

Chris

bill
11-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Wow I thought he was bigger and leaner in the pictures I saw he's huge! No doubt Atlarge products are top notch.

nhlfan
11-21-2007, 11:54 PM
cool. how long has it been since he started the "experiment"?

live2lift
11-22-2007, 05:53 AM
I'm assuming his training regiment didnt change but other than the opticean was there any other changes in his diet? What were they? What was he using for his pwo shake before? Either way, thats pretty amazing reguardless of what other changes he made. I've kinda been on the fence about getting some opticean for pwo instead of the nitrean ive been using. I usually have a pwo meal within an hour and half of my workout. Are you saying switching from nitrean to opticean pwo could make that big a difference? Sorry for all the questions...just very curious

chris mason
11-22-2007, 10:17 AM
This was his reponse to my question about how long:

"I will have to look around for some photos. I think I started the program right around the time I took some folks to meet, and i just took some to a meet last weekend, and we always get pix at a meet. but as far as bodybuilding "neked" (not naked, neked) style, "NO"! I think we are looking at 3 months. I really trying to get below 220 to be healthier, but I gained muscle wt instead, but got healthier anyway. my bp dropped 20 points..."

To my knowledge, using Opticen PWO was the only change. He was using Nitrean previously for PWO. He still uses Nitrean (as you can see in his email), but uses Opticen strictly for PWO purposes.

By the way, if you get Opticen I suggest vanilla as it is the best in my opinion.

Chris

chris mason
11-22-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm assuming his training regiment didnt change but other than the opticean was there any other changes in his diet? What were they? What was he using for his pwo shake before? Either way, thats pretty amazing reguardless of what other changes he made. I've kinda been on the fence about getting some opticean for pwo instead of the nitrean ive been using. I usually have a pwo meal within an hour and half of my workout. Are you saying switching from nitrean to opticean pwo could make that big a difference? Sorry for all the questions...just very curious

A 2/3 serving of Opticen within 20 minutes of training is nearly ideal PWO nutrition for the resistance trained individual. Read this article for more: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/post_workout_nutrition.php

Nitrean for all other protein needs, Opticen PWO.

bigbadwolfe
11-22-2007, 10:37 AM
I have also been using Opticean for PWO and you can see where it has helped me out considerably if you have been follwing my training log.

Wolfy!!!

bigbadwolfe
11-22-2007, 10:44 AM
I just looked back at my log as to when I started the new phase of my diet. it was back in the begining of October about 7 weeks ago. You can look at my log and see the strength gains that have been made, while also cutting off over 10 pounds of unwanted bodyweight.

Chris says to take 2/3 a serving which I'm sure is more then adaquete. But I myself take a full serving literally right after training. Give it a try and I'll bet you see great gains also.

Wolfy!!!

nejar462
12-01-2007, 08:47 AM
Chris,

I've been using the standard Banana or Grapes with Nitrean and Creatine Postworkout.

Do you think Opticen would be superior to the combination of Fruit+Nitrean or do you think they provide similar benefits?

chris mason
12-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Chris,

I've been using the standard Banana or Grapes with Nitrean and Creatine Postworkout.

Do you think Opticen would be superior to the combination of Fruit+Nitrean or do you think they provide similar benefits?

I think it would be similar, but I think Opticen is better.

Chris

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
12-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Since I have switched to Opticen:clap: as a PWO, I'm a lot more recuperated & less fatigue in the evening :thumbup:.
TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=NASAKYCHAIRMAN

GOT ATLARGE NUTRITION MAXIMUM MASS STACK?