PDA

View Full Version : Damn... Shipping to Canada ain't cheap

deeder
11-21-2007, 11:28 PM
I was about to place an order from you guys and got to the check out only to find out that shipping would be $47.30!!!! As a student I can't justify this kind of extra cost when I can easily walk 3 blocks to Popeye's and pick up protein there...

Yes, I know all the benefits of ALN products and the blends and all that... But damn... Didn't the flat rate apply to Canada as well in the past? Whatever happened to that? Or am I losing it?

MPB
11-22-2007, 12:24 AM
I think they now charge the s&h based on the weight of products you're ordering.

VikingWarlord
11-22-2007, 07:29 AM
I think they now charge the s&h based on the weight of products you're ordering.

Seems to be. Shipping costs for damn near everyone have risen sharply in the last few months. Anything I've tried to order has fallen victim.

chris mason
11-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Ok, first, we changed the shipping to Canada nearly a year ago (or perhaps longer). Yes, we used to charge a flat rate for shipping to Canada. We changed that practice because we were losing our ASS on Canadian orders. The shipping charge you referenced of $47 and some change is EXACTLY what USPS charges us for the shipping. We are linked directly to their software. As you can see, losing $30+ in shipping charges just doesn't make a lot of sense. Our current shipping rates to Canada merely break us even on the shipping.

Now, if you order products which weigh less or just 1 jug of Nitrean (for example) you will find the shipping charges to be much more reasonable as USPS charges by weight.

deeder
11-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I've only ordered once and it was quite some time ago... I don't blame you Chris for changing that... That's a lot of money to lose on orders of that size... That still sucks for me though :(

deeder
11-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh, also... I think the only option was priority something or other... Any reason I can't have it sent via regular ground to save myself some $$$?

chris mason
11-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Oh, also... I think the only option was priority something or other... Any reason I can't have it sent via regular ground to save myself some $$$?

We don't offer the option because with USPS it isn't that much cheaper and it takes WAAAAYYYY longer. That said, if you want, place the order and I would be happy to credit you back the difference in shipping charges.

Chris

deeder
11-22-2007, 06:16 PM
I sent a PM Chris :)

Kurgan
11-22-2007, 06:39 PM
i dunno if were allowed to advertise other websites here but this one is for canada and its great: bulksupplements.ca
delivery took 2 days and was only 10 dolars for a 10 pound tub of weight gainer.

Mods delete this if im not alowed to advertise.

chris mason
11-22-2007, 07:06 PM
We don't allow advertising, but if you are just referring a site you use that is ok.

Kurgan
11-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Alright cus i know ever at dat dere bodybuilding.com i mentioned this website to a canadian, my post immediately got deleted and i received a warning.

ArmandSV
11-27-2007, 09:52 AM
wait, isn't maximus made in canada, or is that just the bucket?

i thought it said made in canada on the lid

chris mason
11-27-2007, 09:18 PM
wait, isn't maximus made in canada, or is that just the bucket?

i thought it said made in canada on the lid

Just the bucket :O) . The product is produced here in the states.

ArmandSV
11-30-2007, 02:19 PM
cool, I had a feeling it was just the bucket

btw Maximus is great stuff, I'm quite happy with it (my bed time feeding)

i had to add this
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/290/theybestealinmybucketseij5.jpg