PDA

View Full Version : Question About Protien Shakes.

aes1989
11-22-2007, 12:04 PM
I searched and searched and couldn't find the answer to this, so if I just missed it please don't yell at me. :]
Since I don't want to be bulky, I shouldn't drink protien drinks right?
I've been told by my friends who I am 100% positive have no idea what they're talking about that I need to drink them daily to keep me from being sore on off days.
I know that sounds dumb but guys I have no idea what to do about weights.

Bako Lifter
11-22-2007, 12:10 PM
You don't have to, but it wouldn't hurt.

Protein shakes are used to get you those extra grams of protein that you can't get with food.

So say if you're trying to get 150g a day, and you only manage 120g, have a shake to make up for it.

And they wont help with soreness...

Kurgan
11-22-2007, 01:10 PM
first of all your very ****in sexy.
Secondly u wont get bulky just drinking protein shakes and like Bako lifter said if you cant get enough protein from solid foods drink protein shakes.

MrWebb78
11-22-2007, 01:19 PM
I searched and searched and couldn't find the answer to this, so if I just missed it please don't yell at me. :]
Since I don't want to be bulky, I shouldn't drink protien drinks right?
I've been told by my friends who I am 100% positive have no idea what they're talking about that I need to drink them daily to keep me from being sore on off days.
I know that sounds dumb but guys I have no idea what to do about weights.

you will only get "bulky" if you are eating an excess of calories. A protein shake by itself doesn't have many calories, and makes a handy meal replacement.

2nd, they do NOT help with soreness the next day. The only thing I know of that helps with muscle soreness is ETS. That's going off of what others have reported, I haven't tried it yet.

mickyjune26
11-22-2007, 01:22 PM
I think she meant "bulky" as in muscles. Even if you work your hardest, you won't be able to develop muscles because you're missing large amounts of testostorone. If you consume more calories than you burn, you will get flabby! :) Don't worry, the flab doesn't come in one day. Take measurements and photos on a regular basis and you'll be fine.

MMEI
11-22-2007, 02:43 PM
A protein shake will make you bulky the same way a breakfast bar, two oranges, or a piece of chicken will make you bulky. Why do girls think consuming more protein will turn them into butch squares?? I've heard many say that a lot.

aes1989
11-22-2007, 05:50 PM
first of all your very ****in sexy.

thank you. :D I'm hoping to be very ****in sexy again soon.

dusst
11-22-2007, 06:22 PM
not sure about shakes helping you recover but i do know if your not trying to bulk up, def dont drink protein shakes. hope i helped lawl

deeder
11-22-2007, 06:37 PM
not sure about shakes helping you recover but i do know if your not trying to bulk up, def dont drink protein shakes. hope i helped lawl

Why not? As long as she's not consuming more than her daily maintenance calories she won't even gain weight let alone bulk up...

Amy, there's nothing wrong with drinking protein shakes. All they will do is make it easier to get enough protein each day.

Speaking of which, you should browse through the articles on wbb and the stickies at the top of each section. You will find some great information to start you on your way to achieving your goals!

aes1989
11-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Thank you deeder! And everyone else!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-22-2007, 08:30 PM
There's nothing wrong with protein shakes. Shakes are just food. It's very hard for women to gain muscle as it is, so you won't be getting "bulky", especially since you're going to be in a caloric deficit (losing fat).

So on that note ... drink up! =]

The whole women getting "bulky" from weight training is a myth. Having seen your previous photo from a few years ago, it is obvious you do not have the anatomical skeletal/muscle structure to ever look "bulky" with muscle. It's hard ass work for women to put on muscle. Those muscular women you see on magazines are on steroids. That's absolutely not normal, so you don't have to worry. Just focus on your goals. :thumbup: