PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on my bulk?

Morox
11-22-2007, 10:29 PM
I've been bulking for the past two months. Here is a before and after shot. Do you think I am gaining too much fat, or is it just right? So far, I have put on a good 10-12 pounds.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/8819/updategt7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

mickyjune26
11-22-2007, 10:32 PM
It really depends up to you, but I decided to bulk the whole winter and then cut in April, right before summer starts. What's more important this winter? Strength or looks? It's easier to gain strength when you don't mind some temporary fat.

Morox
11-22-2007, 10:41 PM
It really depends up to you, but I decided to bulk the whole winter and then cut in April, right before summer starts. What's more important this winter? Strength or looks? It's easier to gain strength when you don't mind some temporary fat.

This is my first time bulking. I don't really know what I should be looking out for... I don't know know if I am gaining too much fat or what? I am 160 lbs right now... What would be a nice weight to gain up to and once I start a cut, what would be a nice weight to cut down to?

I was thinking of reaching up to 190 and cutting down to 175?

mickyjune26
11-22-2007, 11:01 PM
luckily, whatever you choose, you can monitor the progress slowly and change your mind if you don't like what you see.

190 would be a pretty solid weight and you would make some great strength gains getting up to that size.

From what I've read and gathered around here, the most you could possibly, possibly gain per week is 1lb of muscle. Most of us are below that number.

tell you what. Try your bulk for 2 more months and if you don't like what you see, cut back your calories by about 300 per day. My guess is that you're not really counting calories in the first place?

I wish we could get more people in on this thread, because most this stuff is my personal opinion. :P

Gabrielle
11-22-2007, 11:11 PM
You look like you are having a very successful bulk.

nhlfan
11-23-2007, 12:15 AM
great so far. don't expect to get up to 190 by this spring while keeping it mostly muscle, though.

AkiraF
11-29-2007, 02:13 AM
Carrying a little extra fat for the short term will be worth it in the long run, trust me.

Built
11-29-2007, 02:15 AM
You're fine. Keep going - seriously, that's not fat.