PDA

View Full Version : general form tips on the big 3

jdeity
11-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Well I've finally got an olympic setup again and am several workouts in on all of the big 3 lifts, but my form isn't perfect and I want to rectify it.

I don't think my form's unsafe or anything like that, just that I'm forgetting some of the tips for the best possible form. For instance, I didn't really feel that tight arch in my back on pressing until my 3rd (!!) bench day, because I wasn't digging my feet in properly until then although I thought I was.

I know I've seen general tips/pointers before, I searched a bit, looked at the sticky, and now I dunno whether they were even here or not (perhaps I read them on elitefts...). I'm not asking for anyone to write out elaborate stuff, but if anyone's got links handy for bench/dl/squat form and tips (like elbow positioning through a press, I know I'm still botching that a bit) it'd be very appreciated.

RedSpikeyThing
11-23-2007, 09:57 AM
I posted these (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=89316) a while ago. Quite detailed and should help a bit.

jdeity
11-23-2007, 11:40 AM
I owe ya one man, EXACTLY what I was looking for (after a 3 second preliminary visual scan of the bench link lol). Thanks!

Junehte
11-23-2007, 12:40 PM
thank you

musclepremium
11-23-2007, 01:03 PM
great write up redspikey. Thanks.