PDA

View Full Version : im 18, new to this, help me bulk!

dusst
11-23-2007, 10:33 PM
hey yall, my goal here is to bulk up for summer. I turn 18 in a few days and for the past year or so I have been obsessed with my body but not in a good way. I am 132 pounds, and almost 6'2. Im sure your thinking wow what a skinny bitch. well, your right. This is my first time at a bodybuilding forum and I feel liek I have nothing to loose, and EVERYTHING to gain.

So I graduated highschool this spring and now I am in my first semester at my local community college. When my senior year started, I realized I needed to bulk up for the upcoming summer. I started going to the gym with my stepdad every saturday but that only lasted a few weeks. I just could not get motivated enough to continue going to the gym so I bought a bench press. My brother and I used the bench press every other day and it was great. I started taking protein shakes once a day and gained around 6 pounds in about 2.5 months. I was happy about that, but then my brother moved out (hes 22) so I stopped using my benchpress and my goal to get bigger by summer was gone.

Anyways since I graduated highschool, I have been trying to bulk up but I always get lazy or procrastinate working out. Last week I decided enough was enough and its time to bulk up. I have been very consistent for an entire week. I know, amazing but really I feel like i have already accomplished something.

I havent started going to the gym yet, but I have been doing a lot of free weights here at the house. I have been drinking 2 protein shakes every day and atleast 3 meals a day. Its so hard to fit 5 meals in but I know thats what yall are going to tell me so I will try and start eating 5 meals a day. I bought creatine from gnc last week because it seems like it'll be very helpful. I wont start taking it for another couple weeks though. Any help on how much creatine to take would be very helpful btw.

So I told you a lot about myself and what I want to accomplish. My goal weight for this summer/spring is 165. If I could gain 30 pounds in 5 or 6 months I would extremely satisfied. I have always been really skinny because I have an extremely high metabolism so gaining weight is insanely hard.

now this has been my diet for the past week. not sure how many calories it is, but thats why i made this journal:

morning- protein shake(8 ounce shake, so its more like a half a shake:scratch: )
noon- some kind of sandwitch, pp n j or deli meat and cheese, chicken soup, chips
late noon- ...ehhhh:help:

ok im not even going to try to tell yall my diet, it varies but I always have a protein shake monring and night. how about yall tell me what my diet should be.

ANY and ALL help is greatly appreciated. Feel my pain yall, I want to get bigger! I want pecs damnit! I want bigger arms and to look toned even when Im not flexing. Help a brother out!

mickyjune26
11-23-2007, 11:06 PM
WWW.FITDAY.COM

Welcome to WBB Journal Land! This is a very smart move!

dusst
11-24-2007, 08:30 AM
ok im going to try and update this thread every other day.
diet so far today:

protein shake
3 eggs, scrambled w/ bacon and toast
bannana, pumpkin bread

ok thats it so far. its only 11 in the am so i think i'll be able to get 3500 calories today. Wish me luck! and any diet suggestions would be great guys!

mickyjune26
11-24-2007, 08:43 AM
awesome man, do whatever it takes. As you can see from my journal, I'm going to eat some whole wheat pancakes, PB, honey and butter....and eggs and cheese with oil. it should be a 1000 cal start on the day!

dusst
11-24-2007, 10:17 AM
micky, sounds good. I really need to start eating more PB it'll help big time.

one question for yall. i drink 2 protein shakes a day, but its actually considered 1 shake because i drink 2 8 ounce shakes instead of making one 16 ounce shake. with milk, the shake is about 1,000 calories. so since im drinking 2 half shakes, im only getting 1,000 calories a day. I just realized this and now i need to get a bigger blender because mine only goes up to 12 ounces.

i put a lil over half a cup of protein powder in my 8 ounce shake, so should i start making 16 ounce shakes mornign and night with 1 scoop of protein? I dont think i can drink 2 16 ounce shakes every day. i jus got used to drinking 2 8 ounce shakes a day! maybe i could make 2 12 ounce shakes a day, id be getting close to 1500 calories...

mickyjune26
11-24-2007, 12:29 PM
try different things and just do what feels right. I'm bulking on all natural foods, using powdered milk instead of whey protien.

Most of all, get all the calories in and eat 1 g protein for each pound you weigh.

also, eat protein every 3 - 4 hours, so you have a constant flow of protein in ya.

Jorge Sanchez
11-24-2007, 03:46 PM
Are you sure you are using whey and not weight gainer? There's no way a 16oz protein shake is going to be 1000kcals, even if you are using whole milk. If you're using a weight gainer, I would ditch it since it's probably just full of empty sugar calories.

Don't worry so much about supplements, you need to get your diet in order first. Lots of lean meats and healthy fats. Stick to complex carbs. Find a good list of foods here. (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565) A good rule of thumb is that you want to be eating things that walk, swim, fly or grow. Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar.

Fitday, as micky suggested, is going to be essential for you, at least for the first couple of months, just so you can see how much food you need to eat.

You have a lot of reading to do. I suggest you comb through the diet and nutrition section religiously for the next few weeks.

Good luck with your journey. Now, I'm going to be checking your journal and if you don't follow through on this I am going to be very disappointed.

dusst
11-24-2007, 05:08 PM
YES, another journal follower! I need as many as i can get. your post was very helpful. i need to learn as much as possible so any other sites or forums you think i should check out let me know! ive been lurking around the diet section sicne i joined, its very helpful!

so about my protein mix. umm i forgot what its called, its like mega gain or something. it says its 980 calories with milk. your saying there is no way thats possible tho. anyways if i shouldnt be taking that, what protein mix should i take? i want those easy calories or else i wont be getting anywhere clsoe to 3500 calories.

fitday is great, i just started using it today. i ahvent had dinenr yet but ive added in everything else i have eaten today. im up to 1800 calories. I need atleast 3500 every day right?

heres what ive had today:
breakfast:
8 ounce protein shake
2 cups Milk, 2% fat
2 Egg omelet with cheese
2 slices Pork bacon,
lunch:
Chicken soup
Apple juice drink
4 Chicken tenders, breaded, cooked

jus got back from work, def hungry so yall have any suggestions on what i should eat for dinner? lol im thinking i should add PB in my diet, daily

btw i am VERY serious about bulking up, ive always been super skinny so i have no idea what it feels like to have 'meat' on my bones. please help!

mickyjune26
11-24-2007, 05:32 PM
If this is your last meal of the day, go for something with protein, some carbs, and a lot of fat.

mickyjune26
11-24-2007, 05:32 PM
If you still don't hit your calories, and you feel stuffed, eat some ice cream.

Remember, it's always better to bulk dirty than to not hit your calorie requirements at all.

dusst
11-24-2007, 05:59 PM
mickey thanks dood. does tuna have a lot of fat? i know it has a lot of protein but im still a noob. thanks btw!

i totally forgot about icecream. even tho im not a big fan of it, i should start eating a lot more. maybe i cud add that to my shake?

Jorge Sanchez
11-24-2007, 10:30 PM
I'm not saying it's not possible that your powder is 980kcals with milk. That's very possible. But if that's the case, it's a weight gainer and not a protein powder, strictly speaking. There's nothing wrong with a weight gainer, per se. But they're full of empty calories (sugar), which you would probably do better without. Whenever you run out of the weight gainer buy some Whey Protein Powder. Check the nutritional information to be sure that you have the right stuff. Each serving should be about 25-40g of protein with very little carbs (less than 5g) and very little fat.

You shouldn't have to rely on a weight gainer to hit 3500kcals/day. Try to do it with solid foods. If this is important to you, you can do it. It's actually not very hard once you get used to it. Stick to calorie dense foods. Add natural peanut butter and/or olive oil to everything you can. If you can't get all your kcals in solid forms it's fine to make a shake, but I suggest making your own. It's a lot cheaper and a lot healthier. It could look something like this:

1 cup ground oats
2 cups milk
1 banana
4 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 serving whey

That alone should be in the 800-1000kcal range, without all of that empty sugar you'll find in a commercial weight gainer.

Jorge Sanchez
11-24-2007, 10:40 PM
PS. looking at your posted diets so far leaves a lot to be desired. What you're eating right now just isn't going to cut it. You need to eat a lot more.

First, switch whole milk. Easy calories right there. Drink two glasses every time you eat.

Now, you're breakfast needs to be doubled. At least.

Don't wait until lunch for your next meal. Eat another meal (not snack) before noon.

Your lunch needs to be totally overhauled. That is what I would consider a light snack.

Again, don't wait until dinner to eat again. Have another meal before then. After dinner, have another meal.

I don't think you understand exactly how much you need to eat. Adding a protein shake here and there isn't going to work for you. You need to stuff your face. You should constantly be eating. You should constantly be full. Once you're full, keep eating. DO NOT LET YOURSELF GO HUNGRY.

YOU REALLY NEED TO EAT!! There is no way around it. You are underweight. The way you eat needs to be completely changed. Eat all the time. People should never see you without food in your hand.

Have I gotten the point across yet? You need to eat. And you don't need supplements to do it, you just need good whole food in your stomach. Eat until you feel sick. Eat until you feel like you will explode if you take another bite. Just eat dammit.

And don't forget to hit the weights hard. If you can manage to do that, you will pack on a significant amount of muscle in a relatively short amount of time. If you can do that, you'll run into someone you haven't seen since high school and they will tell you how big you look.

mickyjune26
11-24-2007, 10:44 PM
lol, nice posts Jorge!

dusst, I'm not going to tell you if Tuna has a lot of calories. I'll let you discover that on your own by either looking at the can or preferably, using www.fitday.com. :P

I used to eat tuna all the time. If you need extra calories, get the kind packed in oil, not water.

dusst
11-24-2007, 10:58 PM
jorge, i dont even know where to start but first let me thank you for one of the most motivating posts ive read, and to think its all for me! lol

now, i do understand that i am not eating enough. see, i used to eat a lot less obviously. i mean i would wake up not do anything all day and end up having my first meal at 4. yes this happened many times. i knew it was wrong but i was semi depressed a while back and couldnt help it.

now, im 18 and i feel i am ready to make a change. you say eat more, so i will but i have to do it gradually. my stomach is not used to eating 5 6 or 7 meals a day, as you can see. i had a tuna sandwich, some mash potatoes and a protein shake for dinenr. im eating fruit right now and plan to eat some PB before bed. i used the fitday.com and almsot got to 3,000 calories today!

tomorrow, i will aim for atleast 3,000 and im sure i will get it. hopefully next week i can get my diet up to 3,5000 calories. how many calories would you reccomend me eating every day btw?

now today i had class from 9 to 1 30, ya it sucks so i ate before it, ate a banana during break and then i have work from 130 to 6 so i ate my lunch on my break. got home and made the tuna sandwich etc. so thats how my day went. i guess i need to bring a ton of food with me and jus keep eating.

one thing is my job requires me to move 75% of the time. i push grocery carts for my super market. its called wegmans and its a huge market so i push carts in a lot. its not as easy as it sounds. ive had the job for over 2 years and work 3 or 4 days a week/ i burn soooo many calories pushing those damn carts so that doesnt help me trying to bulk up does it?!

also, its funny you said i need to double my breakfast because, sad it may sound, i couldnt even finish the omelette, thats how full i was. so how am i going to double that?

if you could give me some examples of what i should be eating that would be great. im making a list for my mom so wen she goes to the market she can get all the things i need to get my diet on track. so far on my list i have olive oil, brown rice, tuna cans, natural PB, steak lol, and vanilla icecream. any advice? (even though you have been more than helpful)

oh yea about the lifting. for right now im going to use my bench press and do curls etc until i can get a gym membership. i will start lifting hard soon, gotta get my diet down first imo.

Jorge Sanchez
11-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. There is absolutely no point in overeating if you aren't hitting the weights (and curls don't count). All you're going to do is end up packing on unnecessary fat. You go to college, don't you? They must have a gym you can use, and it's probably free for students.

Here is a list of foods that should make up the bulk of your diet: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=46565

I don't know how many calories you should be eating - that is an individual thing. If you track your calories you can adjust how much you are eating according to how your body responds. It's quite simple: if you're gaining weight faster than you want, eat less; if you're gaining weight to slowly, eat more. An extra 500kcals a day will workout to about a 1lb gain a week.

Now, I know it can be hard to get used to eating enough - I used to be a chronic under-eater myself. Your body will adjust. For the time being you just have to force yourself to eat. Liquid calories make it much easier and that's why I suggested milk. Drink whole milk as often as you can. Make sure to have it with each and every meal, and in between if you can.

When I have class all day I pack a bunch of sandwiches and eat them during or in between classes. I also used to work at a grocery store. You just have to bring a lot of food with you and eat it during your breaks. You should get a break at least every 3 hours.

Micky and I have both put in a lot of time helping you here, so I hope you can stick with it. I'm sure I speak for Micky when I tell you that we're both rooting for you. You have to stay consistent and the gains will come.

mickyjune26
11-25-2007, 09:24 AM
You can do it, man. Let us know how you do for the next few days, along with finding a real gym.

Here's a link to a routine:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

I've been on this for 4 weeks and it's doing wonders. I split the back and chest day into 2 days.

...now i'm going to go eat some eggs with ham, cheese and onions and some whole wheat pancakes with PB, honey and butter. Probably some milk on the side. ROAR!

dusst
11-25-2007, 10:59 AM
i will stick with it, trust me. i really do appreciate all the help yall are giveing me.

i go to community college btw, the building i take my classes in has no gym. no problem tho. i am going to start going to golds gym. is only 5 mins away from my school and taht should work ouit nicely.

will keep yall updated on diet etc. daily.

dusst
11-26-2007, 12:05 PM
wow havent posted in my journal in 24 hours and its almost on the second page in the journal forum.

well, trying to get 3500 calories in has been a struggle these past few days only because im not used to eating that much.

this morning i had 2 large eggs, scrambled and 2 glasses of 2% milk. i also had a protein shake with 2 tablespoons of natty PB and i gotta say even with just 2 tbsp of PB the shake was almost unbearable. im not a big PB fan and it was jus too much PB flavor so from now on im jus going to eat the PB straight outta the jar. every night im going to eat 2 tbsp atleast.

the shake was around 700 calories, and the eggs are around 200 i think so im close to 1000 calories already and ive only had breakfast. i got no class or work today so im going to focus on gettin that 3500 calories in.

im going to have a celeste pizza for lunch which is 300 calories i think. maybe a tuna sandwich for my 3rd meal and something big for dinner.

im going to start going to golds gym btw. i have class 3 times during the week and golds gym is about 8 mins away from my scool so im going to start going to the gym after class. should work out well.

one question, do i have to powerlift at the gym every week? im not going for that big bb look, i want a more toned, young abercrombe and fitch model look. cant i jus use machines at the gym and my bench press at home? i mean think about it. i have virtually never been to a gym so you cant expect me to jump right in there and start dead squat lifting like i know what im doing. so is it necessary to powerlift if you want to get toned? btw im very skinny and 6'2 so i heard its not to hard for a body type like me to get toned.

Hatred
11-26-2007, 12:20 PM
No such thing as "Struggle" just piss poor planning. EAT.

dusst
11-26-2007, 12:32 PM
thats true, hatred. i have trouble sleeping most nights and i didnt get to bed till 4 last night, so i woke up an hour late.(10:00)

i ate right when i got up, im hungry agai so im going to go stuff my face with food.

mickyjune26
11-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Do the routine I linked to above.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

Do a few warm up sets before the first excercise.

Don't max out. Lift heavy enough so you could do one more rep if you wanted to. Aim for 8 reps. Once you hit 8, increase the weights.

Does this make sense?

mickyjune26
11-26-2007, 12:36 PM
remember, if you get to the point where you have just 4 hours left in your waking day, eat dirty to reach those calories. Make something that has tons of calories.

Of course, you want to try to eat clean, but sometimes dire circumstances require big efforts...or something like that.

dusst
11-26-2007, 01:50 PM
yea that makes sense.

and i have vannila ice cream and natty pb at night or atleast i try to.

aes1989
11-26-2007, 01:56 PM
i wish i had your problem. not being able to eat. lol.

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 02:00 PM
how many calories would you reccomend me eating every day btw?AS many as you can put in without throwing up too much.

mickyjune26
11-26-2007, 02:25 PM
AS many as you can put in without throwing up too much.

"throwing up too much"....

does that mean there will be some throwing up, lol. awesome post, lol.

but seriously, you should have to throw up. If you get tired of eating, eat your favorite food, especially if it's calorie heavy.

dusst
11-26-2007, 02:42 PM
i see what you guys are saying. ive had 3 meals today, im full but i cud def eat something light. i jus gotta get used to eating a lot, once i do that it'll come easily.

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 02:42 PM
"throwing up too much"....

does that mean there will be some throwing up, lol. awesome post, lol.

but seriously, you should have to throw up. If you get tired of eating, eat your favorite food, especially if it's calorie heavy.From a powerlifters perspective, you will throw up, but my advice is to hold it in the mouth, and swallow it back down. Just think of it this way: "If I throw up right now, there goes ____calories down the drain. DO NOT lose your calories, throw it up, but suck it back down.

aes1989
11-26-2007, 02:44 PM
From a powerlifters perspective, you will throw up, but my advice is to hold it in the mouth, and swallow it back down. Just think of it this way: "If I throw up right now, there goes ____calories down the drain. DO NOT lose your calories, throw it up, but suck it back down.

that is probably the most disgusting thing i've ever read.

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 02:45 PM
that is probably the most disgusting thing i've ever read.My apologies....but it's true.

mickyjune26
11-26-2007, 02:45 PM
this is taking turn for the worse, for sure.

mickyjune26
11-26-2007, 02:46 PM
for the record, i've never had to throw up. maybe i'm not eating enough or lifting enough, lol. Though I'm happy with my gains over the last 3 weeks.

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 02:54 PM
I never said you have to throw up. I just meant, there's a strong pissibility that it will happen. If it does happen, man the f*** up and keep the calories!!

aes1989
11-26-2007, 02:57 PM
lol. yeah! grow some balls. i'm totally kidding because i don't have balls (thank god) and i don't care how much weight i wanted to gain i couldn't make myself throw up.

dusst
11-26-2007, 03:00 PM
i hate throwing up, when im close to the point of throwing up i will stop eating. if was about to throw up, i would run to the sink abd you know what.

maybe I need to grow some balls aes lol.

wow my journal is bumpin'!

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Ok Ok, I'm just f'n around. Just eat dude.

dusst
11-26-2007, 03:08 PM
yup, thats what im trying to do. today ive had..

3 glasses of 2% milk
2 large eggs, scrambled
protein shake w/ 2 tbsp of natty pb(was gross imo, will start eating PB alone)
banana
steak
potatoe pancake
2 baloney sandwitch w/cheese

im full, but i could eat more in a few minutes lol.

dusst
11-26-2007, 03:13 PM
this is MY workout plan for tonight lol

i have a bench press and lots of weights/dumbells in my basement so yea
regular bench- 3x8
closegrip- 3x8
inclined- 2x8
bicep curl- 3x10
hammer-3x10
pushups-50

soo yea thats what im going to do tonight. btw can i squat with a regular benching bar? if so, count me in!

also, i heard from my friend whos real toned(idol) that it helps do use a 5 or 10 pound weight and punch the air, said it builds up chest and arms.

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 03:17 PM
yup, thats what im trying to do. today ive had..

3 glasses of 2% milk
2 large eggs, scrambled
protein shake w/ 2 tbsp of natty pb(was gross imo, will start eating PB alone)
banana
steak
potatoe pancake
2 baloney sandwitch w/cheese

im full, but i could eat more in a few minutes lol.I hope this was your breakfast.

this is MY workout plan for tonight lol

i have a bench press and lots of weights/dumbells in my basement so yea
regular bench- 3x8
closegrip- 3x8
inclined- 2x8
bicep curl- 3x10
hammer-3x10
pushups-50

soo yea thats what im going to do tonight. btw can i squat with a regular benching bar? if so, count me in!

also, i heard from my friend whos real toned(idol) that it helps do use a 5 or 10 pound weight and punch the air, said it builds up chest and arms.Yes you can squat with a bench bar, and no do not punch the air with a 10lb weight...

Lones Green
11-26-2007, 03:27 PM
"Yes you can squat with a bench bar, and no do not punch the air with a 10lb weight..."

good advice tommy, haha.

dusst
11-26-2007, 03:29 PM
:(

ight i wont punch the air...but i will squat tonight.

and no that wasnt jus my breakfast. how could i eat all that in jus one sitting!!? im not a beast like yall, yet.

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 03:33 PM
im not a beast like yall, yet.Ah ha!! So you're wanting to be a freak....good to know, good to know. I'm just playing, your eating looks good. #1 focus should be on protein. Every time you eat something (meal or snack) make sure there's at least 30g of protein in it. Other than that....just give 'er.

dusst
11-26-2007, 03:39 PM
wow 30 g of protein huh.

that means i need to be eating 8 tbsp of pb
4 eggs instead of 2
like 4 glasses of milk which is really easy
umm and 2 cans of tuna

i need to find more foods that are high in protein. hurray for fitday

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 03:46 PM
wow 30 g of protein huh.

that means i need to be eating 8 tbsp of pb
4 eggs instead of 2
like 4 glasses of milk which is really easy
umm and 2 cans of tuna

i need to find more foods that are high in protein. hurray for fitdaySounds good to me. You can eat lot's of egg whites, milk, Meal Replacement Shakes, protein shakes, PB, chicken, fish, cottage cheese, yogurt....whatever fits your budget.

Personally, I'm broke (because being a SHW is expensive) so I rely on lot's of egg whites, whey protein shakes, and skim milk. Those are my big 3. I would love to eat chicken breast 6 times a day, but it's too damn expensive.

dusst
11-26-2007, 04:03 PM
meal replacement shakes huh? like chicken breast and rice in a shake? lol that would work. i should start eating a lot more yogurt, and cheeses, and egg whites for sure. they are easy to down!

im not a fan of cottage cheese tho.

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 04:06 PM
meal replacement shakes huh? like chicken breast and rice in a shake?Nonononononono. This is a Meal Replacement:
http://www.metrx.com/shop/parent.aspx?parentID=3&catID=1&xs=0a160af3d56d47508184748e4d6ce4cc

And I hate cottage cheese too. Find stuff you like to eat, then eat lot's of it.

aes1989
11-26-2007, 04:09 PM
I love whey protien. get the chocolate kind, pop it in the blender with a couple scoops ice cream. its great.

aes1989
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
my brother drinks that all the time and i'm like always stealing a sip. it's THAT good.

Kurgan
11-26-2007, 04:24 PM
Everyone is telling you to eat, but once you fill out a bit slow down on your calories or all the weight you gain is gonna be fat. All this food ur eating right now cant be processed by ur body at this point cus its not used to so much food so most of it will be stored as fat.
careful.

dusst
11-26-2007, 04:32 PM
not trying to say your wrong kurgan, and i hear what your saying BUT, im not too worried about gaining some fat right now mainly because i have NEVER had fat on me. i actually want to see what it feels like. sounds weird i know.

once i start bulking up i'll be sure not to add on too much fat but for right now, fat is a blessing to me.

dusst
11-27-2007, 10:44 AM
ok so i ate so much food yesterday. after eating all i could at my house, i went to my boys townhouse to chill for the night and we ordered pizza, then chinese food. so many calories right there. when i got home last night i ate 3 tbsp of natty pb smuckers honey style and i thought it was going to be hard to down it but what i found helped A LOT was to take a big spoonful, and a swig of milk with it. the PB almosts dissolves instantly and i can jus swallow all the goodness down. i ate 3 tbsp in 5 mins with ease. This is a breakthough! 10 tbsp of pb a day=1000 calories yeee boy.

also, had my first lifting session last night. used the bench press in my basement.

did 3 sets of 8 reps with 75 pounds on the bar. i also curled a whole lot and once i get more weights i can start deadlifting. what parts of the body does dealifting help?

also, im pretty sure from lst night, should i not lift tonight?

TommyBoy
11-27-2007, 12:48 PM
ok so i ate so much food yesterday. after eating all i could at my house, i went to my boys townhouse to chill for the night and we ordered pizza, then chinese food. so many calories right there. when i got home last night i ate 3 tbsp of natty pb smuckers honey style and i thought it was going to be hard to down it but what i found helped A LOT was to take a big spoonful, and a swig of milk with it. the PB almosts dissolves instantly and i can jus swallow all the goodness down. i ate 3 tbsp in 5 mins with ease. This is a breakthough! 10 tbsp of pb a day=1000 calories yeee boy.That's impressive. 2 thumbs up from TommyBoy:thumbup: :thumbup:
did 3 sets of 8 reps with 75 pounds on the bar. i also curled a whole lotGood start.

once i get more weights i can start deadlifting. what parts of the body does dealifting help?Deadlifts are good. They work pretty much the whole body, but are primarily used to strengthen the posterior chain.
also, im pretty sure from lst night, should i not lift tonight?You can lift tonight, just make sure you don't train the same muscle groups that you trained last night.

mickyjune26
11-27-2007, 01:51 PM
in case you didn't know, posterior chain = some upper back, lower back, butt, hamstrings (top back of legs), some quads.

More importantly, if you do big exercises like deads and squats, your testosterone levels increase and you build more muscle in other areas of your body than if you just did bench.

dusst
11-27-2007, 04:56 PM
ight i'll work a diff muscle group tonight. so no benching for me, what should i train then?

TommyBoy
11-27-2007, 05:38 PM
ight i'll work a diff muscle group tonight. so no benching for me, what should i train then?Squats.

Jorge Sanchez
11-27-2007, 06:20 PM
You really need to get yourself into a gym.

Also, I would highly recommend that you buy this book and make it your bible: http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Strength-2nd-Mark-Rippetoe/dp/0976805421

Good work on the eating. :thumbup:

dusst
11-27-2007, 06:46 PM
if i bench/curl 4 times a week for 30 mins each session while using creatine and eating 3,000+ calories a day i should be looking pretty toned by may.

i go to the gym twice a week and use most of their machines cause i cant at home. do i have to powerlift to look toned? i mean, powerlifting is great but all my friends workout and they dont powerlift(squat) and they are all toned and big.

its just i dont think powerlifting is for me. id rather bench and curl and use the machines at the gym instead of squating. i dont mind deadlifts tho, i jus need to get more weights soon.

dusst
11-27-2007, 06:50 PM
oh and today ive eaten a good amount. this is what ive had.

protein shake
fried baloney sandwitch
spagetti
4 chicken fritters(like tenders)
bag of lays classic chips (240 calories and i was on break at work)
hotdog
cheesey noodle shells
4 glasses of milk
2 tbsp of natty pb
umm i think thats it. i plan on having a large dinner and atleast 5 more tbsp of natty PB and another protein shake. the night is young! im feeling good btw, my body is thanking me for actually eating for once. i feel great! btw im going to start adding frozen fruit to my protein shake so im gettin some fruit in my diet.

also, if i did 50 pushups every night, would that help with my toned look? im going for the abercrombie and fitch model look.

dusst
11-28-2007, 11:31 AM
wow i have a term paper due today and im only half done.

not much eating going on today, yet.

2 eggs, scrambled
3 pieces bacon
bagel, cream cheese
protein shake
2 tbsp natty pb

i have class at 5, i'll eat a lot before i go. no lifting tonight, too sore from the past 2 days of lifting. when should i start taking my creatine mono? i was thinking i'll start taking it tomorrow.

mickyjune26
11-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Your bench will be bigger and you will be more toned than your friends if you eat right, do bench PLUS squat and deads. I saw the most improvement in my bench when I added squat and deads.

This occurs because of the testosterone post I put earlier in your thread.

Plus, you don't want chicken legs that support a buff upper, do you? That's just weird.

What were your lifting stats for the last few days. I must be missing them in your journal.

TommyBoy
11-28-2007, 12:51 PM
if i bench/curl 4 times a week for 30 mins each session while using creatine and eating 3,000+ calories a day i should be looking pretty toned by may.

i go to the gym twice a week and use most of their machines cause i cant at home. do i have to powerlift to look toned? i mean, powerlifting is great but all my friends workout and they dont powerlift(squat) and they are all toned and big.

its just i dont think powerlifting is for me. id rather bench and curl and use the machines at the gym instead of squating. i dont mind deadlifts tho, i jus need to get more weights soon.I'm not sure you understand. Powerlifting is squat/bench/deadlift being performed in competition for maximum weight. Doing squats, deadlifts and bench presses in the gym does not have to mean you are a powerlifter. Those are useful exercises that will aid in strengthening and building muscle.

also, if i did 50 pushups every night, would that help with my toned look? im going for the abercrombie and fitch model look.Are you f'n serious man??? Please tell me this is a joke...

when should i start taking my creatine mono? i was thinking i'll start taking it tomorrow.take it now if you like.

dusst
11-28-2007, 01:02 PM
your right i dont want chicked legs lol. im still learning tho. my rlifting stats are..

bench- 80 x 8
closegrip- 80 x 6
bench bar curl(wuts it called?)- 50 x 8

idk what else lol. really i dont even have enough wights atm to deadlift, im buying more weights soon.

tommy- now i understand, b4 i thought you had to be a powerlifter to squat etc but now i understand thanks.

and i wasnt joking when i ased if doing 50 pushups would help with my toned look. i was under the impression that, along with weight lifting, i could do some pushups every night so i could look even more toned. is that not true?

aes1989
11-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Are you f'n serious man??? Please tell me this is a joke...
Hey! Abercrombie and Fitch models are sexy.

Jorge Sanchez
11-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Find a tried and true routine. Post it here and we'll tell you if you're on the right track. Follow the routine as written. I know I keep pushing this on you, but I would highly recommend the following:

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Bent over rows

You train on 3 nonconsecutive days per week.

So week 1 might look like:
Monday - Workout A
Wednesday - Workout B
Friday - Workout A

Week 2:
Monday - Workout B
Wednesday - Workout A
Friday - Workout B

An in-depth write-up can be found here:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

And buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Stren.../dp/0976805421

dusst
11-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Find a tried and true routine. Post it here and we'll tell you if you're on the right track. Follow the routine as written. I know I keep pushing this on you, but I would highly recommend the following:

Workout A
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench Press
1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press
3x5 Bent over rows

You train on 3 nonconsecutive days per week.

So week 1 might look like:
Monday - Workout A
Wednesday - Workout B
Friday - Workout A

Week 2:
Monday - Workout B
Wednesday - Workout A
Friday - Workout B

An in-depth write-up can be found here:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

And buy the book: http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Stren.../dp/0976805421

your right i need a steady routine, i'll try what you said the enxt time i lift, tomorrow. thanks

haha yea plus my friend works there and he has given me so many clothes from there but i cant wear them till i get bigger!

aes1989
11-28-2007, 01:10 PM
you have a friend that works at A&F? Tell him you know a girl who needs some new clothes. I wear Med. T shirts and size 10 jeans.
:)

TommyBoy
11-28-2007, 01:14 PM
i was under the impression that, along with weight lifting, i could do some pushups every night so i could look even more toned. is that not true?
haha yea plus my friend works there and he has given me so many clothes from there but i cant wear them till i get bigger!
I have absolutely no comment on these statements.

:bash:

aes1989
11-28-2007, 01:15 PM
lol tommyboy you're the best. :]

dusst
11-28-2007, 01:16 PM
lol am i making you mad?

not trying to, jus letting you guys know what type of body im after. would it be any better if I told you i'd rather look like a hollister model instead?

aes1989
11-28-2007, 01:18 PM
definately not. in fact, i think you're probably best off by saying "i wanna be hyoouge." :]

TommyBoy
11-28-2007, 02:26 PM
lol tommyboy you're the best. :]I try.

lol am i making you mad?

not trying to, jus letting you guys know what type of body im after. would it be any better if I told you i'd rather look like a hollister model instead?
definately not. in fact, i think you're probably best off by saying "i wanna be hyoouge." :]The name of this site is Wanna Be Big......not Wanna Be Metro....

aes1989
11-28-2007, 02:33 PM
The name of this site is Wanna Be Big......not Wanna Be Metro....
:zipit:
hahahahahhaahaha
i love this guy!

mickyjune26
11-28-2007, 03:07 PM

I'm sexier. It's a fact.

I try.
The name of this site is Wanna Be Big......not Wanna Be Metro....

ROFL!

But seriously, even if you just want to look toned, you will reach that look a lot faster with Jorge's workout.

Plus, girls like toned legs and ass too. Trust me.

dusst
11-28-2007, 03:56 PM
i hate when people judge you jus by the way you dress. im not metro im actually one of the most homophobic people you will meet.

i was jus using abercrombie as an example, i want a toned looking body like the models you see on abercrombie posters. that is all.

aes1989
11-28-2007, 03:57 PM
honey do you know what metro means? i hope you're metro. women like metro. well, 18-20 year old women like metro.

TommyBoy
11-28-2007, 04:07 PM
:zipit:
hahahahahhaahaha
i love this guy!I love u 2 :drooling:

Plus, girls like toned legs and ass too. Trust me.Girls also like super jacked up freaks!!!!:nod:

i hate when people judge you jus by the way you dress. im not metro im actually one of the most homophobic people you will meet.I've never seen you dressed man...

i was jus using abercrombie as an example, i want a toned looking body like the models you see on abercrombie posters. that is all.Please tell me how this is not metro......

toned looking bodyI don't like that word.
honey do you know what metro means? i hope you're metro. women like metro. well, 18-20 year old women like metro.Yeah, I heard some dudes like metro too...

dusst
11-28-2007, 04:07 PM
metro means looking gay, but not being gay.(y would a girl like that idk)

im homophobic. im actually phobic of being called gay.

the only thing metro about me is my finger nails, their very short and neat.

i know youv never seen me dressed, im jus tired of stereotypes. you dont have to be metro to wear abercrombie, unless its a pink polo popped with highlights in your hair and waxed eyebrows.

TommyBoy
11-28-2007, 04:21 PM
metro means looking gay, but not being gay.(y would a girl like that idk)Yeah, how does looking ghey help you get teh leydiez????!!!!??

im homophobic. im actually phobic of being called gay.Ok, fare enough. Nobody is called you gay man. It's all good in tha hood.
the only thing metro about me is my finger nails, their very short and neat.Too much info.
a pink polo popped with highlights in your hair and waxed eyebrows.Ooo la la!

dusst
11-28-2007, 04:32 PM
you are the quoting master, tommy.

too much information would be tellin you i trim my patch into racing stripes.

mickyjune26
11-28-2007, 05:56 PM
you are the quoting master, tommy.

too much information would be tellin you i trim my patch into racing stripes.

that is the gayest thing i've read on this site. if i were brave i'd quote this in my sig.

mickyjune26
11-28-2007, 05:56 PM
dusst - what were your lift stats for the last few workouts?

dusst
11-28-2007, 08:02 PM
its hard to call them stats but

bench- 80 x 8
close grip- 80 x 6
barbell curl- 50 x 8
dumbell curl- 25 x 8 lol sorry i dont have much stats, i dont even have enough weight to start deadlifting but tomorrow after class im going to picked up a few 25 pound plates. cant wait to start deadlifting. also, i would like to start squating but i dont have a squat bar. i tried using my bench bar(long story) it didnt work taht well.

i no i no i should go to the gym but for right now im contempt to bench like a mad man, including dips and deadlifts and whatever else. ohh i could start doing inclined benchpress. and military press. forgot about those.

and i dont really trim my patch in racing stripes, but that would be gay ya

mickyjune26
11-29-2007, 08:57 AM
gay. lol.

Thanks for posting your stats. any # is a stat buddy.

Look forward to seeing you increase your weights. If you have to rotate weights from the dumbells to the barbells, do it. Just keep adding weights.

TommyBoy
11-29-2007, 09:50 AM
you are the quoting master, tommy.Guilty as charged. Thank you sir, this is going in my sig.
too much information would be tellin you i trim my patch into racing stripes.Ho-ly-crap that was possibly the funniest thing I've ever heard.

that is the gayest thing i've read on this site. if i were brave i'd quote this in my sig.I agree. I'll give you ten bucks if you quote it in your sig.

its hard to call them stats but

bench- 80 x 8
close grip- 80 x 6
barbell curl- 50 x 8
dumbell curl- 25 x 8 lol sorry i dont have much stats, i dont even have enough weight to start deadlifting but tomorrow after class im going to picked up a few 25 pound plates. cant wait to start deadlifting. also, i would like to start squating but i dont have a squat bar. i tried using my bench bar(long story) it didnt work taht well.

i no i no i should go to the gym but for right now im contempt to bench like a mad man, including dips and deadlifts and whatever else. ohh i could start doing inclined benchpress. and military press. forgot about those.

and i dont really trim my patch in racing stripes, but that would be gay ya
Thanks for posting your stats. any # is a stat buddy.Very true. A stat is a stat, just like a PR is a PR. We all start somewhere.

aes1989
11-29-2007, 10:01 AM
. also, i would like to start squating but i dont have a squat bar. i tried using my bench bar(long story) it didnt work taht well.

jeez. i don't have a squat bar either.
i squat. this is how you do it.
you get someone to help you put the bar on your shoulders.
then you have them spot you.
it's easy.

be hardcore dude. lol.

mickyjune26
11-29-2007, 10:10 AM
Sorry Tommyboy. I'm too sceerrred.

TommyBoy
11-29-2007, 10:21 AM
jeez. i don't have a squat bar either.
i squat. this is how you do it.
you get someone to help you put the bar on your shoulders.
then you have them spot you.
it's easy.

be hardcore dude. lol.
Amy, you are my hero.

Sorry Tommyboy. I'm too sceerrred.
Wuss.

aes1989
11-29-2007, 10:23 AM
Amy, you are my hero.

pshh. i know.
lmao.

i just know what i want.
and i know what i have to do to get there.
and i'm not going to let not having a squat rack stop me. you kno?

TommyBoy
11-29-2007, 10:40 AM
i just know what i want.
and i know what i have to do to get there.
and i'm not going to let not having a squat rack stop me. you kno?That's awesome. This is the perfect attitude. You'll reach your goals in no time at all.

dusst
11-29-2007, 01:55 PM
hey this is my journal!

j/k

anyways, the only other person in this house is my 49 year old mom and god bless her she couldnt spot me.

anyways, im going to add 5 pounds to my bench tonight. will let yall know how it goes.

TommyBoy
11-29-2007, 02:48 PM
hey this is my journal!Holy crap, really? I just realized this.
anyways, the only other person in this house is my 49 year old mom and god bless her she couldnt spot me.I think that would be awesome if your mom spotted you!

anyways, im going to add 5 pounds to my bench tonight. will let yall know how it goes.Good call.

dusst
11-29-2007, 03:23 PM
also, i want to start taking creatine soon. how long should i wait to workout after i take the creatine?

Jorge Sanchez
11-29-2007, 03:36 PM
It doesn't matter. Take 5g every day at anytime.

TommyBoy
11-29-2007, 03:54 PM
It doesn't matter. Take 5g every day at anytime.Listen to this monkey...he is right.

dpdd
11-29-2007, 04:04 PM
This is the best journal EVER

dusst
11-29-2007, 04:24 PM
thanks jorge, will do!

and dpdd, i just started this journal last week, give it some time!

TommyBoy
11-29-2007, 04:25 PM
This is the best journal EVER4 pages in 1 week.....I'd say so!!

TommyBoy gives this this log 2 thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup:

mickyjune26
11-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Go for the creatine, but to be honest, your biggest challenge is finding weights that will be heavy enough for you in 3 weeks from now.

Remember - lift heavier than the previous lift, eat more calories than you burn, rest. Do those 3 things and you will see good gains. Miss one of those things, it doesn't matter how much creatine you eat. You won't get "toned" as you are calling it.

Jorge Sanchez
11-30-2007, 08:22 AM
You really need to get yourself to a gym. You're set up is not going to work for you very much longer. You're going to need more weight and you really should be squatting. A solid routine based on squats, deadlifts, rows, bench, overhead presses and pull ups is going to help you put on some real quality mass. A routine based on bench and curls isn't going to be nearly as effective.

dusst
12-01-2007, 09:14 AM
well, not much to say about yesterday.
trying to get my journal back on track, must get big!

thanks for all the support btw

Jorge Sanchez
12-04-2007, 01:44 PM
What's going on dusty old bones?

dusst
12-04-2007, 02:56 PM
lol, ive been lifting and eating like usual. i need to eat more tho, i havent noticed any gains at all and its been almost 2 weeks. i thought i would of gained atleast a pound but nope. my weight flunctuates like a mad man.
this morning i was 134.8, now im 132.1.

its alright, all it means is i need to up my calorie intake by 500. ive been eating consistently but def. not enough.

oh and im gettina squat bar/rack for xmas. gotta get that testosterone up!

if i squat, deadlift, bench, curl and w.e else i can do at my house i should be bigger by summer.

mickyjune26
12-04-2007, 03:08 PM
Why not get a gym membership instead? Are your parents against you going?

If you're not gaining, your not eating enough, nor consistantly enough. How would you feel about putting your diet into www.fitday.com and linking to it like i've done in my signature?

dussst
12-06-2007, 06:42 PM
i tried using fitday last week, used it for a day or two and then i couldnt get to my computer the next day so i didnt use it and i kinda forgot to sue it the next day and yea. first thing tomorrow im going to start using it.

Jorge Sanchez
12-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Why don't you start posting up your workouts? It will be good for you to be able to look back in a couple of months to see how much progress you've made. We'll also be able to give you a few pointers.

dussst
12-06-2007, 09:03 PM
good idea jorge. i'll post my workout tomorrow after i workout.

hopefully i wont get banned forever like my last dusst account. i got banned for being a ****ing ****** according to hatred.

mickyjune26
12-06-2007, 09:10 PM
just don't be an ass, lol. I get warnings once in a while for saying stupid things. don't worry about it.

Have a good workout and remember to post the fitday macros if you'd like.

dussst
12-06-2007, 09:24 PM
i wasnt being an ass tho. i posted in the thread about bench shirts and all i wanted to knw was wat a bench shirt is. i even said they sounded cool. but yea i guess it was a stupid question. still no reason to ban me.

i hope he doesnt ban me again if he reads my journal!

im starting fitday first thing tomorrow. first semester is almost over and i get a month and a half break from college. it'll give me a lot more time to eat and lift!

mickyjune26
12-06-2007, 09:50 PM
weird. who knows....