PDA

View Full Version : protein shake on the go help?

quite
11-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Hey, im starting out with whey protein, creatine and an isotonic energy drink.

what i want to do is have some protein with porridge oats in the morning for breakfast.

then creatine mixed with isotonic drink 1 hour b4 workout

after workout drink a protein shake.

the problem is im at college, using college gym (in the uk, im 16) and iv heard you shouldnt make the protein shake in advance, (drink within 20 mins of making) so would it be possible to put in a bottle some:

vanilla protein powder
instant coffee granuals
milk powder
ground up oats
cocoa powder/hot chocolate powder

then at college mix with water and shake it?

or should i make it at home, and keep in bottle throughout the day in my bag?

would the recipe taste good? anything i should add or remove?

what other recipes could i use on the go?
cheers

dynamo
11-25-2007, 05:28 PM
check out the recipe section for decent protein shake formulas I just tough it i'll put the two-three scoops of powder in my bottle and carry it around and just add water and shake VIGOROUSLY and swallow. If i'm on the go I just keep it simple that way im not looking for any can openers or cheese graters or blenders or small children to finish off my shake, just whatever I can do to get the job done I say keep it the same for you.

quite
11-26-2007, 09:35 AM
what i did today was put a few scoops of protein and a lil bit of creatine in the bottom of my sports bottle, and in the morning, blended up a frozen banana, milk, nesquick, few oats, bit of weetabix, and kept it in a thermos, then wen i needed it, jus poored it into sports bottle and shook. worked well, didnt taste anywer near as bad as protein and water.

borracho
11-29-2007, 06:59 PM
hmm...I guess I sorta remember that you arnt supposed to pre-make shakes...
but on mondays I do it anyway..I make it sunday night and freeze it and its usually almost thawed out enough to drink by my 530pm class monday night..
And i put
2scoops cytogainer (26g protein)
~12-16oz milk
2tbsp PB
1/4cup rolled oats
1 bananna
some times I will throw in some coffee with it...it actually tastes reeeaaally good.