PDA

View Full Version : Maj. Office Guts Progress

Maj. Office Gut
11-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Good Afternoon WBB,

Ok.. so no long life story..

I am 28.. but I feel like I am 48. I lifted very hard and regular from about 16-21 years of age. I was in great shape until about 22...(in my prime 5'10" 175 BP:315 DL:400 SQ:425) But a broken wrist, 50+ hour a week investment job plus a commute + 9/11 and layoffs + beer + eating well + mortgage, wife, blah blah blah = fat, weak, physically lazy, corporate drone with secretary ass and office gut. Over the next 7 years I balooned to a 260+lb 42" waisted oompa loompa of a man.

So I got on my grind this fall and decided to quit being a fat bitch and do something about it. (That and my Dr. went off on me for mu High BP) This forum has been very helpful. I quit drinking and smoking, have been eating clean, running/swimming 5 mornings for 1.5 hours, and lifting as heavy as I can 3 nights a week. I also play tournament paintball & Xball on a sponsored team. Lots of baseball slides and superman dives. :outnumber:

My BF is probably 30+% ..
I take a good multivitamin, fish oils, and a slew of the usuals..I eat so much fish I think I am going to turn into one. 200-250g or protien a day..100-125g of fats, and as little carbs as possible. I really try to avoid starches and sugars like the plague. I am consuming <2000 cals a day. I tried 1000-1200 during the big initial weightloss but I really just felt like weak ****.

I am 5'10" with stubby arms and legs..

Oct 5th I was 264lbs 42W
I don't have any shirtless pics .. not that I would post them of my pregnant looking ass if I did.

Maj. Office Gut
11-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Goals..well my goals are to be <200 ..abs, healthy, and strong. I would like a 300lb bench and a 400+ lb squat again.

Whatever BF% that is is what matters to me.

Thanks for the feedback.. and please don;t laugh at my fat ass. :whiner:

Genetically I have always had big arms, big legs, and a chicken chest. My quads look small in these pics.. they are really chubby little tree trunks. :bang:

I am currently about 215 and will post more pics when I get done with my current winter routine. I am trying to pack on lean muscle as well as burn off the tire gut.

216-219 38W
Edited with more clear pics.

Chickenlegs
11-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Looking good so far..... Nice job. If you didn't do something about your weight when you did, that pretty little wife of yours may have left your fat ass. Keep up the good work.

Maj. Office Gut
11-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Thanks!

Any advice losing that last 20 pounds of pudge on mah belly? I kill my abs twice a week and eat super clean. I was heavy for so long I am afraid it is here to stay. I know all those stretch marks sure are. :omg:

MrWebb78
11-24-2007, 06:32 PM
keep in mind that excessive stomach work won't make your stomach lean. Overall progress (which is what you're doing) will eventually get you the abs you're after. Keep it up, doin a good job.

WBBIRL
11-24-2007, 06:42 PM
You can't get rid of teh gut so to speak, you must lower your total bodyfat percentage.

Lift heavy weights, drink lots of water, get plenty of speed and keep that diet in check in both calories and nutritional content. Heavy is what's heavy for you, just so that it's heavy.

Know that it will take more time, it will get harder as it goes and the skin will tighten to some extent. Even if you wont have that super beach body, you'll look 10 times better then you did and you should be proud of that.

Maj. Office Gut
11-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Thank you for the input. I am still learning. It has been a very long time since I took diet, nutrition, and physical fitness serious at all. All the advice is greatly appreciated. I have spent tons of hours searching, reading, and lurking. I think it just takes time to get a total grasp on how everything affects each other and how muscle growth really works. But I am trying to learn as fast as I can and are very strict in how I eat and excercise. I would like to be a lean 190. I don't know how realistic that is at 5'10" but I will do my best.

(I edited my progress pics with as clear of pics as I could find. )

BigCorey75
11-24-2007, 08:55 PM
great job on the progress man.

and if thats your wife in the pic, even better job with her, shes hawt

Maj. Office Gut
11-26-2007, 07:46 PM
great job on the progress man.

and if thats your wife in the pic, even better job with her, shes hawt

Thank you, she is wonderful :nod:

jft9120
11-26-2007, 09:06 PM
paintball ftw!

markdk86
11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah, that lady is quite a looker. Very nice.

Maj. Office Gut
11-26-2007, 09:33 PM
paintball ftw!
Damn right

I weighed in today and I am down 51 pounds is <2 months. :D Oct 5th I was 264lbs. People at work are telling me I am losing too fast or it is not healthy. But I am pretty OCD.. everything I have been doing is healthy. I have eaten fast food maybe 3 times in the last 7 weeks. Everything has been lean protiens, leafy greens, and 0 carbs after 1pm. That is a hell of a lot healthier the Cheese Steaks and Guiness:disagree:

samj
11-28-2007, 02:37 PM
well done! keep at it how much better do you feel? just think of that when you slack abit.

WBBIRL
11-28-2007, 04:04 PM
well that is a bit fast...

But I went from 320 down to 284 in about 10 or 11 weeks so yea. Just slow things down a bit, eat a little more. Your at a point now where you wont want to lose more then 2 pounds per week.

Jorge Sanchez
11-28-2007, 04:55 PM
That's awesome progress. It sounds like you have the will to make this a life-long transformation. Keep up the good work!

Maj. Office Gut
11-28-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I am doing the best I know how to do but I am a nub at diet/nutrition still. WBB 1 is working well for me tho and I think I am going to jump to 1.1 soon. I registered on fitday and have been tracking my diet there.

elitepler
11-28-2007, 06:20 PM
there is a pretty good way to strip fat form your mid section and it works on anyone. The problem is most people will not do or will not keep doing it. Done for 6-8 weeks it can transform your mid-section.

It's very simply sprints done first thing in the morning before eating ANYTHING. I don't mean running fast, I mean running from a rabid pitbull sprints. Do 5 sprints m,w,f and try to increase one sprint each week for 6-8 weeks. 50-100 yards is plenty. They suck, they are hard, you feel like crap because you just woke up, but they work, period!

markdk86
11-28-2007, 08:04 PM
there is a pretty good way to strip fat form your mid section and it works on anyone.

Uhh, uhh, ehh, no....

Maj. Office Gut
11-30-2007, 08:41 PM
I weighed in at the Dr. yesterday. I was 211.7 in all my office gear and heavy dress shoes. That was 14 pounds less than my last visit 3 weeks ago. He was like WTF. I have not been this light in 7 years!

It feels great for those who asked. I will post pics after New Years and we can compare. I bought all new office gear 3 weeks ago..and now they are too goofy big and I had to go buy more gear. I'm down to a 36" waist.. havent worn that since I was 21.

Thank you to WBB and all the helpful people who teach us noobs about nutrition and building muscle. I feel that without the information I learned on this board I would not have had such healthy impressive losses in such a short time.

<3 WBB

blaze1
12-01-2007, 09:56 AM
good progress. is that abs i see in the last pic? :)keep it up.

Unholy
12-01-2007, 10:00 AM
well that is a bit fast...

But I went from 320 down to 284 in about 10 or 11 weeks so yea. Just slow things down a bit, eat a little more. Your at a point now where you wont want to lose more then 2 pounds per week.

You've also been 270lbs for about a year or so now. Get the **** to it bitch.

To the OP, great work on the weight loss.

Maj. Office Gut
12-01-2007, 11:31 AM
good progress. is that abs i see in the last pic? :)keep it up.

The top 4 are starting to show through. My biggest problem is these muffin top love handles!:bash:

Thanks Guys, I just dumped a ton of cash on supplements so it is time to really hit the weights harder than ever. :strong: