PDA

View Full Version : Wanna get big.

THIS_IS_SPARTA!
11-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Hi guys, I'm new here. This is my first post.

I am 24 years old, 6 foot tall and weight about 205lbs(I haven't weighed myself in a while so I could be slightly out).

I have a little bit of belly chub that I wanna get rid of and get a little flatter stomach that looks in good shape.

I also want to increase chest/arm size and definition.

My question is this:

I'm trying to lose fat off of the stomach but trying to bulk up everywhere else. Should I be eating less or more than my "maintenence" level of calories in a day. Also how should I eat on "off" days that are not workout days?

johny12345
11-24-2007, 06:43 PM
The first thing you will learn here is there is no such thing as "spot reduction." This means that you can not target certain areas of your body to reduce fat. You will need to eat below maintenance in order to lose body fat.

However, you can still make muscle gains while you are cutting fat. Just keep lifting heavy and keep the reps low. Make sure your diet is good and your getting enough protein.

Hope this helps.

mikey4402
11-24-2007, 10:07 PM
you need to decied what would you rather do first, los some bodyfat or put on some muscle mass. because you cant do both at the same time. Also Johny is right about the spot reduction, the only way your going to lose that belly fat is to loses body fat.

My suggestion is to bulk this winter put on some more muscle mass then switch gears and start a cut before spring/summer.

ArmandSV
11-24-2007, 11:41 PM
you need to decied what would you rather do first, los some bodyfat or put on some muscle mass. because you cant do both at the same time. Also Johny is right about the spot reduction, the only way your going to lose that belly fat is to loses body fat.

My suggestion is to bulk this winter put on some more muscle mass then switch gears and start a cut before spring/summer.

:withstupi:

i had a similar situation, so i cut and made some gains, then on my bulk the stomach pudge came right back with the new muscle, in fact the pudge is growing on this bulk, but so am I. I figure the cut will be easy (well easier) with all the new muscle, thus I should have just bulked first