PDA

View Full Version : grreen ttea

Torrok
11-25-2007, 01:54 PM
so i drink tons of green tea, at least 2-3 liters a day(a pitcher) at least
im am horribly addicted to this stuff. so i read that green tea can boost ur metabolism. idk if this is just because some scientist found a POSSIBLE discovery of a tiny increase in metabolism and every possible weight loss company took advantage of it and garaunteed fat loss with green tea, or if it actually helps. what do you all people think about this?

garjagan
11-26-2007, 08:14 AM
I know that green tea contains caffine so 2-3 litres a day is probably excessive. It has been shown to lower the levels of iron in your blood so it isnt a bad idea if you eat a lot of red meat. I drink a mug or two a day.

lecithin
11-26-2007, 09:22 PM
I've also heard that green tea can boost metabolism, but I can't tell you from personal experience in that area. Most teas seem to help my strength in the gym though.

Wild Cat McCane
11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
leeches calcium and has fluoride in it...

Moderation is always a good thing:strong:

mc wb
12-04-2007, 10:12 AM
so i drink tons of green tea, at least 2-3 liters a day(a pitcher) at least
im am horribly addicted to this stuff. so i read that green tea can boost ur metabolism. idk if this is just because some scientist found a POSSIBLE discovery of a tiny increase in metabolism and every possible weight loss company took advantage of it and garaunteed fat loss with green tea, or if it actually helps. what do you all people think about this?

I just did an article summarizing some research on green tea. Please take a look (http://nopain2.org/geekfit/2007/11/fish_oil_green_tea_cla_good_fa.html) and let me know if there's anything missing to help. It addresses your question about amount, metabolism booster, etc.

best

dr mc wb

mikey4402
12-04-2007, 11:37 AM
It takes large quanitys of green tea to provied the benifits assocated with green tea. however there is alot of caffeine that comes with theses high doses.

If your drinking the tea for the caffeine, taste etc. then go for it (2liters is alot though). If your drinking it for the antioxidents etc. then look to oral caffeine free green tea supplements IMO