PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Canadian Westerns

deeder
11-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Well I just got back from Winnipeg (Yeah Riders!!!) and it was a great meet! I just did the bench only so I spent my day helping my girlfriend (ruffian for those of you who remember her... and yeah, we're back together :p) and spotting/loading for a few other lifters in the warmup room.

The meet seemed to run very smoothly except for the weigh-ins which took a ridiculously long time! That could just be my perception though because I was so hungry and thirsty.

My girlfriend did great! It was her first meet and she lifted raw except for a belt and knee wraps. She squatted 90kg, benched 60kg and deadlifted 100kg for a nice total of 250kg (12.5kg short of a national qualifier).

My experience started Friday morning. I woke up weighing 210lbs. Ugh... Not good. I was hoping to be down to about 205 by then but hadn't really put much effort into cutting weight. I chugged down a gallon of water before noon then started spitting.. I spit out a little over a liter of water and spent about 2 hours in and out of the sauna when we got to Winnipeg that night.

I went to bed expecting to lose a couple of pounds in my sleep. At 4am we were woken up by a prank phone call (I still don't know who it was) but it was the luckiest prank phone call of my life. Both Kristen and I were still way over our weights. I was 201.8 and needed to get to 198lbs by 7am.

I spent about an hour in a burning hot bathtub (going in for as long as I could take it then sitting in the steamy bathroom until I worked up the balls to get back in). I called the front desk and talked them into letting me into the sauna and spent about an hour in the sauna and did a little cardio. When I came back up to the hotel room I was a cool 198lbs :thumbup:

When I finally weighed in it was at 89.8kg. 200grams under. Damn... I could have had a little water!

Then the re-hydration started... I ate 3 packs of ichiban noodles, 2 6" subs from Robin Donuts (subway wasn't open in the morning! Damnit!) and about a gallon and a half of gatorade + electrolyte mix. After the benching in the 3-lift competition was done my weight was already back up to 96.7kg.

All three of my lifts went really well. I'll get the videos up in a few minutes and let the lifts speak for themselves!

Oh, and my third bench was 162.5kg :D

First Attempt - 145kg
giranV5sGeA

Second Attempt - 155kg
K-YWWuibjjo

Third Attempt - 162.5kg
a0ajStCvSqY

Sidior
11-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Awesome job at the meet man, looking forward to seeing the vids. Sounds like Ruffian did well too!

deeder
11-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Awesome job at the meet man, looking forward to seeing the vids. Sounds like Ruffian did well too!

Thanks Sid! Kristen did awesome for her first meet! She knows what she needs to work on now to hit that national qualifier total!

Sidior
11-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Thanks Sid! Kristen did awesome for her first meet! She knows what she needs to work on now to hit that national qualifier total!

So what the hell happened with you two, why are you back together?

deeder
11-25-2007, 10:24 PM
So what the hell happened with you two, why are you back together?

Haha, I dunno really.. Near the end of the summer we started talking more and more frequently and then before you know it we were an item again... Unofficially at first then officially... Things haven't been quite the same but they are good. To be really honest I have no clue if this will go anywhere.

Detard
11-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Good job man

RedSpikeyThing
11-26-2007, 08:39 AM
Sick benching! I dunno if it's just me, but those seemed like really long pauses. Now go update that sig!

KevinStarke
11-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Great freakin benching man, if you touched a littler lower I think you'd get even more outta that shirt.

deeder
11-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Good job man
Thanks!

Sick benching! I dunno if it's just me, but those seemed like really long pauses. Now go update that sig!
I dunno... There's a press command so the length of the pause is completely up to the head judge.

Great freakin benching man, if you touched a littler lower I think you'd get even more outta that shirt.
Thanks Kevin! Next time I put the shirt on I'll play around with that.

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Great freakin benching man, if you touched a littler lower I think you'd get even more outta that shirt.Careful, if he touches any lower, he'll get 8 red lights and a 4 year suspension.

Nice f'n benching deeder. Looked like ice cream to me. That ugly bearded bastard in the green shirt/shorts spotting you from the side, is one of my part-time training partners. When he's in BC he trains w/ my crew.

deeder
11-26-2007, 01:10 PM
Careful, if he touches any lower, he'll get 8 red lights and a 4 year suspension.

Nice f'n benching deeder. Looked like ice cream to me. That ugly bearded bastard in the green shirt/shorts spotting you from the side, is one of my part-time training partners. When he's in BC he trains w/ my crew.

Thanks Tommy :) It was pretty smooth and I think I would have been good for a few more pounds.

Chubrock
11-26-2007, 01:12 PM
So if ya'll two break up again, can I uhh, ya know, introduce her to the American way of life...

Guido
11-26-2007, 01:57 PM
Nice meet, man. You should qualify in a WABDL meet and then come to WABDL Worlds in Tennessee next year and set some Canadian records in your class. Who knows, maybe you'd get to lift against me if go up to the 220's. :)

deeder
11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
So if ya'll two break up again, can I uhh, ya know, introduce her to the American way of life...
You're so funny... :outnumber:

Nice meet, man. You should qualify in a WABDL meet and then come to WABDL Worlds in Tennessee next year and set some Canadian records in your class. Who knows, maybe you'd get to lift against me if go up to the 220's. :)
Thanks Guido! What's with this WABDL? No squat!?

nhlfan
11-26-2007, 08:17 PM
I'm glad to hear you and kristen had a good meet :thumbup:

deeder
11-27-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm glad to hear you and kristen had a good meet :thumbup:

Thanks Matt :)

Guido
11-27-2007, 10:08 AM
You're so funny... :outnumber:

Thanks Guido! What's with this WABDL? No squat!?Well, you could do an APF meet in Chicago, then. I'll be there as always and there are always some ridiculous lifters there setting new World records.