PDA

View Full Version : Steroids In Powerlifting

tomv
11-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Straight forward question really... May seem ignorant but I really can't make up my own mind on it.

Do competitive powerlifters use steroids? Or strongmen?

I am assuming yes, due simply to the massive amounts of weight and training that they do. However I don't know fully and I hate grey areas :P.

garjagan
11-26-2007, 02:46 AM
Whether or not they use regularly, I think depends on which federation they compete in - due to frequency of testing etc. That's what I was told anyway.

When I see that Kroc guy he's so lean and impressive looking and so immensly strong for his weight, I almost cant believe he hasnt used at some point. But who knows.

Lones Green
11-26-2007, 03:49 AM
there are guys who have squatted 1000 drug free. most guys on WSM are on steroids.

dbc3po
11-26-2007, 04:27 AM
Whether or not they use regularly, I think depends on which federation they compete in - due to frequency of testing etc. That's what I was told anyway.

When I see that Kroc guy he's so lean and impressive looking and so immensly strong for his weight, I almost cant believe he hasnt used at some point. But who knows.

Kroc has actually stated hes on HRT. He beat cancer and was prescribed testosterone legally by a doc. He posted this in his log or on the q and a a while back on EFS.

garjagan
11-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Kroc has actually stated hes on HRT. He beat cancer and was prescribed testosterone legally by a doc. He posted this in his log or on the q and a a while back on EFS.

I didnt know that. I saw a thread bickering over the issue on another forum. I guess it's a bit of a gray area in that case.

Whatever the deal, he's an awesome lifter. I'm a fan.

drew
11-26-2007, 05:45 AM
Some do, some do not.

chris mason
11-26-2007, 05:48 AM
Anabolic steroids are a part of strength sports just as they are a part of nearly every sport which involves physical activity. As already stated in this thread, some powerlifters use them and some do not.

Stumprrp
11-26-2007, 07:25 AM
a large majority use steroids, there are few drug free feds.

BigCorey75
11-26-2007, 08:44 AM
yeah majority of these guys use.

apparently there has only been one guy to squat over 1000 naturally that i know of

but i put nothing past anyone to use nowadays, its kinda just a part of the game, like bench shirts and chalk.....lol

Bergs
11-26-2007, 09:09 AM
There was just an article on EFS that makes it sound like steroids are omnipresent in powerlifting, at least in the upper echelons. Billy Mimnaugh seems to really enjoy writing about being hardcore - I think he needs a new topic to discuss, but his latest article discusses steroids a bit - http://www.elitefts.com/documents/what_is_hardcore.htm

Darracq
11-26-2007, 09:47 AM
a large majority use steroids, there are few drug free feds.

Even some guys in the drug free feds use them, there are ways to pass the tests.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
11-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Some powerlifters use them & some don't.

I have never use them.

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
http://www.myspace.com/bigwillie12345

GOT ATLARGE NUTRITION MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

RickTheDestroyer
11-26-2007, 10:41 AM
This is an interesting area for me. I have more or less come to terms with the fact that I probably won't ever use gear. I have a good woman who would worry too much about it (she's a keeper, otherwise I wouldn't give a ****), and I have enough issues with anger management, aggression, anxiety and depression as it is, and I think that these might become unmanagable during a cycle and recovery. I'm not even going to go into the dangers of what I'd be like with an enhanced libido.

Anyway, I know the conventional wisdom for powerlifting is usually "get as big as possible", but I'm wondering how applicable this is for someone who's natural. I'm weak for my size, and deceptively heavy for how small I am- I've always been relatively heavy even when I was basically skin and bones, so expecting to compete in a lighter weight class is pretty much out of the question. On the upside, I gain weight easily, and continue to do so at a fairly decent ratio (In the past 4 months or so I went from 225 to 250 going from about 15%-18% bf on a steady diet of oreos and whole milk, that's a little better than 50/50). The problem is that beginning to approach a point of diminishing returns at which I'll stop adding much good weight and start to just add fat... I know that all mass helps with powerlifting due to leverages and whatnot, but I'm reluctant to start putting on straight blubber.

So, not trying to hijack the thread, but should I really embrace my inner fatass and try to get as big as possible at any cost, even though I'm not juicing?

brihead301
11-26-2007, 10:47 AM
There was just an article on EFS that makes it sound like steroids are omnipresent in powerlifting, at least in the upper echelons. Billy Mimnaugh seems to really enjoy writing about being hardcore - I think he needs a new topic to discuss, but his latest article discusses steroids a bit - http://www.elitefts.com/documents/what_is_hardcore.htm

That's a great f***ing article.

Cirino83
11-26-2007, 11:11 AM
That's a great f***ing article.

I agree. That was pretty entertaining.

mickyjune26
11-26-2007, 11:33 AM
So, not trying to hijack the thread, but should I really embrace my inner fatass and try to get as big as possible at any cost, even though I'm not juicing?

EMBRRRAAAACCCEEEE IIIIITT!

I'm right there with ya.

RhodeHouse
11-26-2007, 11:58 AM
This is an interesting area for me. I have more or less come to terms with the fact that I probably won't ever use gear. I have a good woman who would worry too much about it (she's a keeper, otherwise I wouldn't give a ****), and I have enough issues with anger management, aggression, anxiety and depression as it is, and I think that these might become unmanagable during a cycle and recovery. I'm not even going to go into the dangers of what I'd be like with an enhanced libido.

Anyway, I know the conventional wisdom for powerlifting is usually "get as big as possible", but I'm wondering how applicable this is for someone who's natural. I'm weak for my size, and deceptively heavy for how small I am- I've always been relatively heavy even when I was basically skin and bones, so expecting to compete in a lighter weight class is pretty much out of the question. On the upside, I gain weight easily, and continue to do so at a fairly decent ratio (In the past 4 months or so I went from 225 to 250 going from about 15%-18% bf on a steady diet of oreos and whole milk, that's a little better than 50/50). The problem is that beginning to approach a point of diminishing returns at which I'll stop adding much good weight and start to just add fat... I know that all mass helps with powerlifting due to leverages and whatnot, but I'm reluctant to start putting on straight blubber.

You hit the nail on the head. Mass moves mass

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 12:16 PM
WTF?? There's steroids in powerlifting??? Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Say it ain't so!!!

dbc3po
11-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Sorry I didnt mean to sound like I was bashing Kroc. I think hes one hell of a lifter on or not on. Really its part of the sport if 90% of the public new the truth that when gear is used properly and responsibly it is safe the this argument would never come up. rick I feel your pain about the anger issues. When I have been on in the past Im allot calmer than when Im not on. Personally to each his own if your using do not compete in tested feds or bash those who dont use but if your not using then do not bash those that do.

TommyBoy
11-26-2007, 03:39 PM
I think the part that ordinary people will never understand is that steroids don't lift the friggin' weights for you. You need to have decent genetics and a solid strength base to begin with. I'd also like to add that your mind must be even stronger than your body to be an extremely successful powerlifter. Just look @ Kaz. Sure he probably cranked, but I don't care what you say, he was a freak who was disciplined, confident, smart and strong.

Mike G
11-26-2007, 04:24 PM
I think the part that ordinary people will never understand is that steroids don't lift the friggin' weights for you. You need to have decent genetics and a solid strength base to begin with. I'd also like to add that your mind must be even stronger than your body to be an extremely successful powerlifter. Just look @ Kaz. Sure he probably cranked, but I don't care what you say, he was a freak who was disciplined, confident, smart and strong.

Very good post, but who's Kaz :scratch:

Just kidding, don't eat me. :burger:

The general public will never understand because the general public doesn't want to. They hear a few politicians and doctors saying steroids are bad and that's enough. I've only started to really learn about steroids because of some knowledgable guys on this site and I still know very little (nowhere near enough to go on).

And Kaz is still a freak of nature in every sense.

dbc3po
11-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Kaz may be a dick nowadays but you half to admire what he accomplished and his intensity.

Lones Green
11-26-2007, 05:25 PM
Kaz may be a dick nowadays but you half to admire what he accomplished and his intensity.

i think once you reach a certain stage of badass-ness, you're allowed to be a dick. kaz reached that level. hahaha

tomv
11-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Just to clear it up, in no way was I attempting to diminish the feats that have been accomplished by these guys or say "steroids lift the weights for them". I was just genuinely curious as to whether or not they were used and how much. Thanks for clearing it up.

elitepler
11-26-2007, 07:00 PM
No way to really know. Someone who competes in NASA or the USAPL/IPF is not going to come on here and tell you they use. People that are sponsored are not going to tell you they use. Then theres people that just do not want people to know. Lots of guys claim it, but nobody knows but them. Just like a supposed 1000lb squatter, nobody knows unless they are with him 24/7 if he is truely drug free.

Then there is IGF, HGH, MGF, Insulin etc. etc.

Lots of people use, some don't, the ones that use do not get as much as most people who don't think they do out of it. If steroids disappeared off the face of the earth tommorow, most of the same people in pling would still be on top a year from now. Just with slighty lower totals.

dbc3po
11-26-2007, 07:17 PM
well put elitepler....your knowledge seems familiar..........

RickTheDestroyer
11-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Lots of people use, some don't, the ones that use do not get as much as most people who don't think they do out of it. If steroids disappeared off the face of the earth tommorow, most of the same people in pling would still be on top a year from now. Just with slighty lower totals.
Good post.
I certainly hope no one thought I was bashing guys who juice either... I get the impression that we're all pretty much on the same page with this stuff. I think that my expectations of what it could do for me are fairly realistic, but I won't deny that there are clear benefits to using, especially when "get as huge as possible" is in the equation. For all I know, I could do a few cycles and be totally fine, but I'm just not willing to risk the consequences, potential or otherwise.
I am, however, willing to get pretty fat. 300 here I come.

Guido
11-27-2007, 10:12 AM
I don't use teh 'roids, but I'm sure a lot of the elite guys do. Many of the feds are drug tested, or at least test a top percentage of lifters at each meet. USAPL, WABDL, AAPF are some that do testing that I've lifted in.

elitepler
11-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Good post.
I certainly hope no one thought I was bashing guys who juice either... I get the impression that we're all pretty much on the same page with this stuff. I think that my expectations of what it could do for me are fairly realistic, but I won't deny that there are clear benefits to using, especially when "get as huge as possible" is in the equation. For all I know, I could do a few cycles and be totally fine, but I'm just not willing to risk the consequences, potential or otherwise.
I am, however, willing to get pretty fat. 300 here I come.

It can be argued that getting fat just for a bigger total can be much more threatening to your health then steroids. Millions of people world wide die of heart disease, diabetes, strokes etc, mosty related to thier diet and weight. How many people die from steroids use and/or abuse?. Most of the signs of abuse and problems with steroids come with advance notice, especially if your monitoring your blood work. Heart disease is a sneaky bastard.

Yes, I know this will not get me into Rhodestown, but with Children and now grandchildren, I have to worry and watch my health. Someones got to make sure they squat and deadlift, LOL.

RickTheDestroyer
11-28-2007, 08:09 AM
It can be argued that getting fat just for a bigger total can be much more threatening to your health then steroids. Millions of people world wide die of heart disease, diabetes, strokes etc, mosty related to thier diet and weight. How many people die from steroids use and/or abuse?. Most of the signs of abuse and problems with steroids come with advance notice, especially if your monitoring your blood work. Heart disease is a sneaky bastard.

Yes, I know this will not get me into Rhodestown, but with Children and now grandchildren, I have to worry and watch my health. Someones got to make sure they squat and deadlift, LOL.
Oh undoubtedly. I'm 100% in agreement that steroids really aren't that dangerous if used by responsible adults, especially when compared to some of other **** out there that we all expose ourselves to. And honestly, if it were just up to me, I'd probably be more willing to take the plunge- I'd just be careful to monitor the health (mental and physical) on a consistent basis.
Unfortunately SWMBO has spoken, and even if it's based on misinformation it's ultimately because she cares about me, so that's pretty much that.
Part of me hopes that she'll cave if I start getting too fat. Otherwise I'll just have to wait until I get oldish and can convince a doctor to put me on TRT. :angel:

Fuzzy
11-28-2007, 12:29 PM
I would use in a heart beat if ASADA didnt hate me to much the bastards.

fpr
11-29-2007, 08:28 PM
Would you guys say 'roids contributed to the death of Jesse Marunde?

garjagan
11-30-2007, 03:04 AM

Well as we all know, that was a genetic heart defect. Footballers (soccer players) collapse and drop dead on the pitch pretty much annually here in europe from inherited heart problems and I very much doubt any of them ever used A.S.

It's more likely that just the sheer intensity of Jesse's workouts combined with an underlying weak heart led to his unfortunate outcome. It's very sad.

Mike G
11-30-2007, 04:55 AM
Well as we all know, that was a genetic heart defect. Footballers (soccer players) collapse and drop dead on the pitch pretty much annually here in europe from inherited heart problems and I very much doubt any of them ever used A.S.

It's more likely that just the sheer intensity of Jesse's workouts combined with an underlying weak heart led to his unfortunate outcome. It's very sad.

Why would you doubt the soccer players ever used?

As for Marunde, I have no clue.

drew
11-30-2007, 06:26 AM

I've never heard of hemmorhoids killing someone, no.

garjagan
11-30-2007, 06:48 AM
Why would you doubt the soccer players ever used?

As for Marunde, I have no clue.

Would anabolic steriods help gain a high level of endurance and cardiovascular fitness? Soccer is basically a game of running. A lot of players are very lean, some practically skinny.

Maybe Anabolic steroids could help them, but I dont understand how.

I'm just speculating.

Dirty Martinez
11-30-2007, 07:08 PM
As a Drug Free Powerlifter it doesn't matter to me who uses. I bust my hump everytime I workout. I have a 750 contest bench press and chose to compete with the best of them. Just take your Atlarge supplements, say your prayers and train like a mad man. No excuses!

fpr
11-30-2007, 08:26 PM
According to this, steroids can cause an enlarged heart:

Anabolic steroids cause enlargement of the heart in humans and
test animals.(1,2) These are the same changes in heart
muscle that occur in chronic heart failure.(3) For these
reasons, when a young athlete experiences sudden death the body is
often evaluated for steroid abuse.(3) In one case report,
a 21-year-old steroid abuser collapsed and died during a
workout.(4) The autopsy revealed an enlarged heart with
areas of dead heart-muscle tissue. Medical authorities speculated
that steroid abuse caused his heart muscle cells to grow faster
than the blood vessel supply. This created an area of heart tissue
with poor blood flow, leading to death of the new cells and a fatal
heart attack.(4)

zztoproadster
11-30-2007, 08:44 PM
everyone knows steroids makes your heart work way harder than without. it's harder on your whole body. anyone that says they're not bad for you is lying.
and they do add alot of strength to anyone as long as they work out right. you see guys in your own gym benching 225 for months, then after a month on the **** they're doin 315 pretty easy. many pl's, and they only get more prominent as you get to the top of the mountain, are using.

even so, the guys that are elite powerlifters would still be strong as **** without em.

bigmoney
11-30-2007, 08:52 PM
The only thing I find wrong is people making excuses. You always hear of an elite lifter or athlete using steroids, but you forgot to mention that this person busted there ass day in and day out to get where they are now.
THe dedication and hard work to get to their level is so tremendous that the average person can not understand that the bottle of test does not squat the weight up.
I hear it every day in my campus rec..."man if I was just on steroids I would be so huge and strong!" BULLsh1t. These people saying that could not achieve 1/10 of an elite lifter if they were given the same dosage!

Fuzzy
11-30-2007, 09:26 PM
As a Drug Free Powerlifter it doesn't matter to me who uses. I bust my hump everytime I workout. I have a 750 contest bench press and chose to compete with the best of them. Just take your Atlarge supplements, say your prayers and train like a mad man. No excuses!

Your right... no point grumbling over other lifters using gear, instead its best worry about the things yo can control, like taiing intensity, recovery and diet.

zztoproadster
11-30-2007, 09:52 PM
The only thing I find wrong is people making excuses. You always hear of an elite lifter or athlete using steroids, but you forgot to mention that this person busted there ass day in and day out to get where they are now.
THe dedication and hard work to get to their level is so tremendous that the average person can not understand that the bottle of test does not squat the weight up.
I hear it every day in my campus rec..."man if I was just on steroids I would be so huge and strong!" BULLsh1t. These people saying that could not achieve 1/10 of an elite lifter if they were given the same dosage!

i said they'd still be strong without it because of their work ethic, etc. Chuck Vogelpohl is my favorite powerlifter because of his attitude and work ethic. with or without, i guarantee he would be strong.
i just hate the punks in the gym that get on it and jump up really fast. it's not an excuse, its bull****. it takes me months perfecting my technique, trainin hard, etc. and then they come do the same weight with half the effort.

Alex.V
11-30-2007, 10:36 PM
According to this, steroids can cause an enlarged heart:

Isolated case studies and extrapolations off high-dose animal studies are not quite enough to imply causality, nor to draw conclusions off of.

If they were, the company I work for (and about $6 billion in annual checks cut to CROs in general) would be completely eliminated.

zztoproadster
11-30-2007, 11:32 PM
well, they ARE illegal....

deeder
12-01-2007, 12:00 AM

How old are you?

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 12:06 AM
22 . .

deeder
12-01-2007, 12:07 AM
22 . .

I would have guessed either 12 or 70 by the way you act. :thumbup:

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 12:16 AM
and? they're illegal...period. stop bein a ****in pussy

deeder
12-01-2007, 12:21 AM
and? they're illegal...period. stop bein a ****in pussy

Yes they are illegal.. But what does that have to do with anything?

Weed is illegal and it could be argued that it is MUCH less harmful (socially and physically) than alcohol.

Also, what makes you think that people can jump on and all of a sudden get real strong? You seriously think it doesn't require a good diet, hard work and dedication regardless of what you're on?

Sidior
12-01-2007, 12:22 AM
Not in all countries. How does that change anything?

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 12:27 AM
they made it illegal, obviously, for a reason...go figure.

and to be really good, like Chuck, it takes alot more than roids..thats what i said you ****in ******. go read it and stop bein a ****in dumbass.

i said for the vaginas in the gym that don't know what the **** they're doin and bench 225 forever and then all of a sudden bench 315 without changin anything except takin the **** they take...stop takin **** out of context you ****in jackass

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 12:28 AM
p.s. i live in ****in America...i don't give a **** what other people do in other countries...

deeder
12-01-2007, 12:31 AM
A) they made it illegal, obviously, for a reason...go figure.

B) and to be really good, like Chuck, it takes alot more than roids..thats what i said you ****in ******. go read it and stop bein a ****in dumbass.

C) i said for the vaginas in the gym that don't know what the **** they're doin and bench 225 forever and then all of a sudden bench 315 without changin anything except takin the **** they take...stop takin **** out of context you ****in jackass

Wow... Chill.

A) What was the reason they made steroids illegal? Sid made a good point that they are not illegal everywhere.

B) Ok, great. When did I argue that anyone could be like chuck?

C) How many people do you actually know that benched 225 forever then took steroids and magically benched 315lbs? Seriously, they are not are not magical. They still require hard work; just as much if not more to keep the gains after they come off.

And what on earth did I take out of context?

Sidior
12-01-2007, 12:31 AM
they made it illegal, obviously, for a reason...go figure.

and to be really good, like Chuck, it takes alot more than roids..thats what i said you ****in ******. go read it and stop bein a ****in dumbass.

i said for the vaginas in the gym that don't know what the **** they're doin and bench 225 forever and then all of a sudden bench 315 without changin anything except takin the **** they take...stop takin **** out of context you ****in jackass

Like marijuana? Yet alcohol remains legal. We both know that is a silly argument.

Sidior
12-01-2007, 12:32 AM
p.s. i live in ****in America...i don't give a **** what other people do in other countries...

What about Canada?

deeder
12-01-2007, 12:32 AM

Brilliant point of view. You are the embodiment of everything I hate about the United States of America.

(Now, that does not mean that I hate all Americans... Just the ignorant ones with attitudes like this)

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 12:39 AM
i don't care. you came at me to start a fight. if you want to do that then go **** with someone else.
and i really don't care if you hate me or whatever about America. i love America and i'm glad that dickheads like ya'll aren't here. canada has pussies in abundance.
and it isn't an arrogance...it's that i am gettin tired of you ****in with me and tryin to start an argument...it's called pissin someone off no matter where you're from.
but don't be mad because America has people that stand up for it like no other place. and America is like no other place. it is better.

Sidior
12-01-2007, 12:42 AM
i don't care. you came at me to start a fight. if you want to do that then go **** with someone else.
and i really don't care if you hate me or whatever about America. i love America and i'm glad that dickheads like ya'll aren't here. canada has pussies in abundance.
and it isn't an arrogance...it's that i am gettin tired of you ****in with me and tryin to start an argument...it's called pissin someone off no matter where you're from.
but don't be mad because America has people that stand up for it like no other place. and America is like no other place. it is better.
Dude I wasn't fighting with you, it is a message board where people express their opinions. We disagreed, it is not that big a deal. As for the rest of your rant, I am going to ignore it because you do seem to have some knowledge and I would hate to block all future message from you just because you lost your temper.

deeder
12-01-2007, 12:44 AM

I was simply pointing out how immature your post was:

That's wonderful that you love your country. I'm happy for you.

I am not ****ing with you or trying to start an argument. But you've been in every thread spewing garbage since you got here. I'm sorry for disagreeing with you and I'm sorry that you are unable to back up your claims.

Sidior
12-01-2007, 12:47 AM
cmon yall, cyber hug?

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Dude I wasn't fighting with you, it is a message board where people express their opinions. We disagreed, it is not that big a deal. As for the rest of your rant, I am going to ignore it because you do seem to have some knowledge and I would hate to block all future message from you just because you lost your temper.

i meant the other guy. he keeps following me around like a bitch tryin to pick a fight because he doesn't agree with me. hence the "spewing your garbage" comment.

if you think you know more than me, i guarantee you're wrong. you can email me and ask me anything you want, or throw anything about powerlifting at me and i will answer. and i do back up whatever i say. check the links i send with them, or the quotes, etc. that's referencing.

Sidior
12-01-2007, 12:53 AM
i meant the other guy. he keeps following me around like a bitch tryin to pick a fight because he doesn't agree with me. hence the "spewing your garbage" comment.

if you think you know more than me, i guarantee you're wrong. you can email me and ask me anything you want, or throw anything about powerlifting at me and i will answer. and i do back up whatever i say. check the links i send with them, or the quotes, etc. that's referencing.

I never claimed I did, I simply disagreed with you about this particular topic.

deeder
12-01-2007, 01:01 AM

There's a button that says "New Posts". It shows me any replies to threads that I haven't read yet. Amazingly, I read most of them. I am not following you around... Sorry to burst your bubble.

You truly are an amazing person.

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 01:12 AM
I never claimed I did, I simply disagreed with you about this particular topic.

not you. the other guy lol.

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 01:13 AM
There's a button that says "New Posts". It shows me any replies to threads that I haven't read yet. Amazingly, I read most of them. I am not following you around... Sorry to burst your bubble.

You truly are an amazing person.

like i said, email me with what you think a pl routine should be, ask any q's you'd like, etc. until you're satisfied. til then, stfu

deeder
12-01-2007, 01:19 AM
like i said, email me with what you think a pl routine should be, ask any q's you'd like, etc. until you're satisfied. til then, stfu

Satisfied that what? I really truly have no desire to try to learn from you. What little knowledge you seem to have (a basic ability to use google and to quote westside articles) is completely clouded over by your insanely large ego.

Another thing I'd like to add... You're such a badass powerlifter but you say you haven't done a competition since high school? What's the deal!? Put your money where your mouth is. Get on the platform and put up some real numbers. Get videos then come back and talk ****.

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 01:21 AM
i didn't talk **** til you pissed me off. i said i had pics online...dumb ****...

and you didn't even know what the **** to do on ME days like 2 weeks ago. haha stupid mother****er

deeder
12-01-2007, 01:27 AM
i didn't talk **** til you pissed me off. i said i had pics online...dumb ****...

and you didn't even know what the **** to do on ME days like 2 weeks ago. haha stupid mother****er

What do pics have to do with powerlifting? Are you a bodybuilder now?

I just started training westside recently. I'm sorry that I wasn't born into it. I realize that you probably always had a very thorough knowledge of westside even before you ever followed a westside based program.

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 01:39 AM
i (along with my dad and his friends who have records in pl) have been following westside since the early 90's...that's when Louie started writing in PL USA...not PL Canada. we have used many of his techniques since then, and have evolved with them til now, and will continue to do so with great results. it's not like the **** just came out last night. "what the **** do i do on ME day? i know it's really easy, so i must be pretty dumb, but i just don't get it. do you do max effort? max? half max? reverse max? upside down max? backwards max? i just don't understand."

deeder
12-01-2007, 01:44 AM
i (along with my dad and his friends who have records in pl) have been following westside since the early 90's...that's when Louie started writing in PL USA...not PL Canada. we have used many of his techniques since then, and have evolved with them til now, and will continue to do so with great results. it's not like the **** just came out last night. "what the **** do i do on ME day? i know it's really easy, so i must be pretty dumb, but i just don't get it. do you do max effort? max? half max? reverse max? upside down max? backwards max? i just don't understand."

What do you hope to achieve by continually attacking me at a personal level?

Once again, let me apologize for not following westside from day one.

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 01:47 AM
well, then don't criticise other people when you don't know everything yourself...

deeder
12-01-2007, 01:49 AM
well, then don't criticise other people when you don't know everything yourself...

You say that like you've proved some point?

I don't criticize because I know everything, rather because you don't and seem to think that you do. :hello:

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 01:53 AM
so what's your ME workout lookin like? haha

monday - max
tuesday - half max
wednesday - you & boyfriends anniversary
thursday - upside down max
friday - backwards max
saturday - canadian bacon max
sunday - almost max, but don't really max

deeder
12-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Welcome to my ignore list... In the 2 years that I've been here you're the only person that's ever been on it :thumbup:

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 02:01 AM
thank God. :clap:

Fuzzy
12-01-2007, 02:44 AM
Wow, I wanna be just like zz, big and strong and tough, you're so tough that you can swear and get angry on a forum, I wanne be tough on the internet to, but I just don't know how... but now I have a roll model! I wanna be strong just like you as well, I want to see my squat increase by 15 pounds every time I post my lifting stats.

Its amazing and inspiring how you can go from squatting 585 to 600 in a matter of clicks. Like how do you do it? Even Louie Simmons hasn't figured that out, do you have sme new methods that Louie doenn't know? Are you going to start a rival powerliftig club? well you have your first disciple right here. You swear and curse at everyone and call them stupid with no factual backing of your own so you MUST be right.

You've got a big fan here, perhaps one day i ca be big and strong and tough enough to swear at everyone and wave my e-penis to prove my fake superiority.

garjagan
12-01-2007, 04:08 AM
yes. e-penises rock. they're much more reliable than real ones.

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Wow, I wanna be just like zz, big and strong and tough, you're so tough that you can swear and get angry on a forum, I wanne be tough on the internet to, but I just don't know how... but now I have a roll model! I wanna be strong just like you as well, I want to see my squat increase by 15 pounds every time I post my lifting stats.

Its amazing and inspiring how you can go from squatting 585 to 600 in a matter of clicks. Like how do you do it? Even Louie Simmons hasn't figured that out, do you have sme new methods that Louie doenn't know? Are you going to start a rival powerliftig club? well you have your first disciple right here. You swear and curse at everyone and call them stupid with no factual backing of your own so you MUST be right.

You've got a big fan here, perhaps one day i ca be big and strong and tough enough to swear at everyone and wave my e-penis to prove my fake superiority.
if you wanna make jokes, go watch your lifting vids..haha they were ridiculous.

Chubrock
12-01-2007, 01:22 PM
thank God. :clap:

I'll pick up where Deeder left off.

You're a troll. You don't know ****. You probably couldn't lift your way out of a wet paper sack. You bring up your father so much that I'm beginning to think you have him lodged permanently in your mouth. You've insulted nearly every decent member on this forum, yet you haven't stepped on a platform. Congrats.

I'll be here all week.

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 01:33 PM
i have been on the platform myself, also...
if i were you i would be embarrassed to even put my PR's up on my profile lol

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 01:35 PM
you really squat 385? that's freakin awesome. i should def listen to whatever you have to say. i'm sure you knwo more than me, so i could use some tips. i remember when i first squatted 385. i think i had been liftin for about 3 or 4 months

Chubrock
12-01-2007, 01:37 PM
No no no ZZ, you misunderstand. All my lifts are in kilograms. If you need me to tell you what that big word means, just let me know.

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 01:53 PM
in your wet dreams...and your weight is 172 pounds but everything else is in kilos lol. you and deeder together might squat 385 kilos....you can double team it

Chubrock
12-01-2007, 01:56 PM
in your wet dreams...and your weight is 172 pounds but everything else is in kilos lol. you and deeder together might squat 385 kilos....you can double team it

No for real man. I definitely squat 385 kilos. Raw too. I mean, come on, as long as you're making up numbers for yourself, I might as well do the same.

bigmoney
12-01-2007, 02:06 PM
ZZ I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here....
We're all lifters here who dedicate alot of effort and time to reach our goals. Alot of people here have read all the WSB articles too, does that mean that we are all super strong and super smart? Obviously not.
I'm sure you could lay out an awesome routine for maximum gains based on a 3 week pendulum wave of circa-max raw based percentages of 1RM of your e-stats. Who cares.....besides yourself?

MMMM....arrogance....

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 02:12 PM
haha if you think the #'s are made up i don't mind. i said i had pics and only one person even saw it and asked about it. if anyone knows a website like this one for powerlifters and not so many bb's, let me know.

Chubrock
12-01-2007, 02:16 PM
www.nopainnogain.com (www.google.com)

Isaac Wilkins
12-01-2007, 02:18 PM
All right, kids. It's been fun, but settle down.

Chubrock
12-01-2007, 02:20 PM
All right, kids. It's been fun, but settle down.

But, but, but...Where the hell have you been?

Isaac Wilkins
12-01-2007, 02:21 PM
This is why I've been away.

;)

Chubrock
12-01-2007, 02:23 PM
This is why I've been away.

;)

Hahahaha, somebody has to be the ass around here.

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 02:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K1KsKxNuYo < 200 lb dumbbell press x 12 reps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMEgKgZOJi8 < 500 bench x 5 reps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSNvEpH2L1o < 2300 lb leg press x 8 reps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlI-N1b-ZK8 < 800 dead x 4 reps

RickTheDestroyer
12-01-2007, 02:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K1KsKxNuYo < 200 lb dumbbell press x 12 reps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMEgKgZOJi8 < 500 bench x 5 reps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSNvEpH2L1o < 2300 lb leg press x 8 reps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlI-N1b-ZK8 < 800 dead x 4 reps
Damn- you look just like Ronnie Coleman! :lurk:

zztoproadster
12-01-2007, 02:44 PM
thanks

RhodeHouse
12-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Mr. Top Roadster

Who are you? What have you done in this sport? It seems that you like to sling your bad language and horrible knowledge about Westside and Louie's philosophies. Unless I missed your videos of you doing these great numbers, maybe you should post some of them. I'd love to see who is giving out this sage-like advice. Afterall, I've squatted 930 and unofficially, 1000. I would be very interested in your advice. I see you like to insult and demean the guys on here. My only question is, who are you and what have you done? We all know the answer. Nothing. You're a little nobody in this game. You know nothing and sit behind your keyboard and act like you are Garry Frank or Donnie Thompson. If I actually thought you had something intelligent to say, I might ask for your wisdom. But, you are clearly a little baby, with some serious daddy issues. I think he may have shown you a little too much love. Based on your set-up of deeder's weekly lifting schedule, it's clear that you know which day daddy likes to love you. I know the scars run deep. Add something to this thread or site. If not, take your lube and go find daddy out behind the house. You're useless and horribly uneducated. You rip on guys who genuinely care about lifting and want to get better at it.

I bet you know so much about Louie's methods. It must be tough reading it on the internet. How about some real-world application of his ideas. I can quote and relay all of Louie's stuff. Reading and applying are 2 completely different animals. I've read and applied my way to a 2205 total. What's your total?

You're a jackass. Go away and let the people that want to learn get some good information. There's so much crap info out there, that there's no need for you to add to the pile.

Fuzzy
12-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Mr. Top Roadster

Who are you? What have you done in this sport? It seems that you like to sling your bad language and horrible knowledge about Westside and Louie's philosophies. Unless I missed your videos of you doing these great numbers, maybe you should post some of them. I'd love to see who is giving out this sage-like advice. Afterall, I've squatted 930 and unofficially, 1000. I would be very interested in your advice. I see you like to insult and demean the guys on here. My only question is, who are you and what have you done? We all know the answer. Nothing. You're a little nobody in this game. You know nothing and sit behind your keyboard and act like you are Garry Frank or Donnie Thompson. If I actually thought you had something intelligent to say, I might ask for your wisdom. But, you are clearly a little baby, with some serious daddy issues. I think he may have shown you a little too much love. Based on your set-up of deeder's weekly lifting schedule, it's clear that you know which day daddy likes to love you. I know the scars run deep. Add something to this thread or site. If not, take your lube and go find daddy out behind the house. You're useless and horribly uneducated. You rip on guys who genuinely care about lifting and want to get better at it.

I bet you know so much about Louie's methods. It must be tough reading it on the internet. How about some real-world application of his ideas. I can quote and relay all of Louie's stuff. Reading and applying are 2 completely different animals. I've read and applied my way to a 2205 total. What's your total?

You're a jackass. Go away and let the people that want to learn get some good information. There's so much crap info out there, that there's no need for you to add to the pile.

I would travel to the States just to meet you.

jed
12-01-2007, 09:19 PM
RhodeHouse... I love you.

garjagan
12-02-2007, 04:44 AM
RhodeHouse... I love you.

hear hear.

A beautiful piece of bitch slapping - like poetry.

Mike G
12-02-2007, 06:17 AM
Garjagan, they aid in recovery, important in every sport, so yes they would help footballers (I hate saying that).

As for the rest of this thread, wow. When Rhodes is telling someone they are being a dick, they must really be worthless

Deeder, why do you hate America so much, we are the best country ever, in the history of man kind, America is awesome. Seriously, I love my country, but hate so many of the pricks that live in it and the arrogance they show. And stop following people around, stalker. (Sarcasm for those that aren't sure).

HP666
12-04-2007, 02:47 PM
Deeder,

Are you stalking zztoproadster? In this country that is illegal you know.

(more sarcasm)