PDA

View Full Version : clothes for built guys

Averof
11-28-2007, 08:54 PM
hey, i've been having some trouble finding clothes, namely casual shirts and sweaters, that fit to my liking...im sure a lot of people on this board have gone through the same thing when they started packing on muscle so i figured i'd post about it.

i go to the mall, and most all the shirts and sweaters i try on are too tight around the shoulders, chest, and back... if i get a large or xl, its usually still tight, but even if its not, the arms are like super long... u know what i mean, they are just meant for people with bodies like gumby..freaking surfer look taking over north america...i'll save the tighter shirts for clubs and whatever

whats a good brand that makes clothes meant to fit looser without having to get size xl+ and have the length all messed up. im not overly big or tall.. just approx 200 pounds at around 6'feet..

BigCorey75
11-28-2007, 09:05 PM
what i do is to buy to fit the shoulders and chest then get them tailored for the waist.

i buy them at a warehouse store for cheap, and pay like 4 bucks to get them tailored and its alot cheaper than going to the expensive store to get fitted and measured

lakeripple
11-28-2007, 09:17 PM
what i do is to buy to fit the shoulders and chest then get them tailored for the waist.

i buy them at a warehouse store for cheap, and pay like 4 bucks to get them tailored and its alot cheaper than going to the expensive store to get fitted and measured

:withstupi:

Everyone should have a good tailor, even if you don't work out. Finding clothes that fit is a always a bitch.

Averof
11-28-2007, 09:32 PM
a tailor eh.. in theory it sounds good...
but i'd rather not have to make it such a mission to get some non-formal clothes that i like..

i've gotten jeans that need some tailoring before..when they come in like set lengths of 34 or something.. the result is they sit in my closet for 6months untailored..too busy/lazy
i hate shopping enough as it is..drawing it out any longer is a no go

MrWebb78
11-28-2007, 09:46 PM
So you ask for advice, and get it, then shoot it down. I'm willing to bet you just lost your chance at help from anyone else.

Rusty
11-28-2007, 10:32 PM
Average clothes are made for average people. Get a tailor.

Averof
11-28-2007, 10:41 PM
jesus... relax man....shooting down advice.. if i don't give feedback, ppl will think im happy already with the responses i got and my question will remained unanswered.
im grateful for anyone willing to help me, but that doesn't mean im going to agree with the first thing i'm told.

and what i was wondering anyway was if anyone knows of any particular brands suited towards more muscular guys that fit loosely

HahnB
11-28-2007, 11:04 PM
Casual shirts should be very easy to find, it's dress shirts that will need tailored if you have an athletic build.

Chickenlegs
11-29-2007, 03:45 AM
Casual shirts should be very easy to find, it's dress shirts that will need tailored if you have an athletic build.

They make fitted or athletic cut dress shirts. Stafford(fitted) seem to be the best fit for me. They're sold at JCPenney and are inexpensive. So much easier and cheaper than having them tailored.

HahnB
11-29-2007, 06:23 AM
They make fitted or athletic cut dress shirts. Stafford(fitted) seem to be the best fit for me. They're sold at JCPenney and are inexpensive. So much easier and cheaper than having them tailored.

There's no replacement for a tailored shirt in my opinion. The only dress shirts I have that aren't tailored are Hugo Boss. Even if they're "athletic cut", there's still no such thing as a one-size-fits-all when it comes to dress shirts. After you wear a shirt that's tailored for your body you won't go back.

zen
11-29-2007, 06:32 AM
I used to have a problem with pants. If I found anything that was a nice fit for my waist it was usually way too tight on the legs. Jeans were better because you could sometimes find "relaxed fit" or "lose fit" styles.

But I since solved that problem. I expanded my waist-line. :rolleyes:

TwiloMike
11-29-2007, 06:38 AM
So you ask for advice, and get it, then shoot it down. I'm willing to bet you just lost your chance at help from anyone else.

Should I? Shouldn't I? Should I? Shouldn't I? Umm....

markdk86
11-29-2007, 07:39 AM
A lot of how you look isn't what you wear, but how it fits. A few bucks at a tailor can make clothes look great.

Ritzol
11-29-2007, 07:46 AM
I prefer built guys without clothes actually.

Stumprrp
11-29-2007, 07:54 AM
well, not to start a riot, but 6 feet 200 lbs you should have no problem finding clothes dude, i am 5'8 230 and i fit into XL and XXL, with the occasional large sweater in there.

what brand are you looking at?

aes1989
11-29-2007, 10:10 AM
agreed.

HahnB
11-29-2007, 10:25 AM
well, not to start a riot, but 6 feet 200 lbs you should have no problem finding clothes dude, i am 5'8 230 and i fit into XL and XXL, with the occasional large sweater in there.

what brand are you looking at?

I agree, at least concerning casual clothes, dress clothes can be a problem for anyone.

Stumprrp
11-29-2007, 10:30 AM
yeah thats for sure, a 19 inch neck on a dress shirt is a 3xl and its insanely big on me haha thats what my prom shirt was.

Hatred
11-29-2007, 10:32 AM
WE KNOW

agreed.
Quit attention whoring and filling threads with useless sexual innuendos.

Op: Try being 6'0" 260
NOTHING you buy in a store fits.
I've just progressed to not being able to fit into any Xl's or XXl's from a retail store.
I have to go to Men's wearhouse and have a 42" waist pant recut to a 36 to make room for my ass and legs. I have to pay like $6 to have a 19/36/37 shirt taken in. It's worth the money and i get compliments all the time.

If you plan on getting any bigger or proportioned differently make a friend with a tailor.

Or you can buy some of those ridiculous ass shirts out of BB'ing magazine.

You asked and your solution is " Buy the shirt big. Have it altered to fit right."
The tailor can even leave some material in to let out later too.

aes1989
11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Hatred;1832161]WE KNOW

I'm actually 18. Sorry I made you mad.

Hatred
11-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I am so sorry Amy, I confused you with someone else on here.

Ramstein85
11-29-2007, 11:36 AM
No you didnt, thats just the real you that came out!! j/k :p

TommyBoy
11-29-2007, 11:37 AM
This is my life boys. I need to get minimum 3XL so my lats and delts fit the damn shirt. Now my 20.3" neck doesn't help either. I'm seriously having trouble finding clothes that fit.

Me @ the Big and Tall store:

Me: "Where's the freak section?"
store d00d: "Sorry sir, we don't have clothes freeeeaky enough for you."
Then I turn green and smash everything

TommyBoy
11-29-2007, 11:40 AM

No you didnt, thats just the real you that came out!! j/k :pBooo-urns guys. Amy's cool. Don't step on her...she's a newbie with a big heart.

Lones Green
11-29-2007, 11:41 AM
This is my life boys. I need to get minimum 3XL so my lats and delts fit the damn shirt. Now my 20.3" neck doesn't help either. I'm seriously having trouble finding clothes that fit.

Me @ the Big and Tall store:

Me: "Where's the freak section?"
store d00d: "Sorry sir, we don't have clothes freeeeaky enough for you."
Then I turn green and smash everything

im about to have to go to the big and tall store for pants, i can fit a 2XL shirt, but a size 44 pants dosent even go over my legs. its not so much my waist, but my legs.

TommyBoy
11-29-2007, 11:46 AM
im about to have to go to the big and tall store for pants, i can fit a 2XL shirt, but a size 44 pants dosent even go over my legs. its not so much my waist, but my legs.Same here d00d. I feel your pain.:cry:

*cyberhug*

Hatred
11-29-2007, 12:58 PM
No you didnt, thats just the real you that came out!! j/k :p

No i really did.
I'm always the "real me" this time I was just the "real me" to the "wrong person."

BBB
11-29-2007, 01:09 PM
I have one word for you.

TAILOR.

Sidior
11-29-2007, 01:12 PM
As already mentioned use a tailor or buy some GASP stuff.

WBBIRL
11-29-2007, 01:42 PM
I'm like some of these guys just not quite so big and a little fatter.

I need a size 60 suit jacket for my chest and shoulders but I could have smuggled midgets in the stomach area if I pulled one off the shelf. To buy and have one altered would have cost over $400 so we said F that.

Almost lucked out and found a 58 that almost fit me at a Value City and it was like $80 too... =(

I have the same problem with jeans. I need a 42" in the waist by my damn legs are suffocated in them.

Tailor I guess is the only way to go.

Stumprrp
11-29-2007, 01:46 PM
you guys are freaks or something lol my 28 inch legs fit pretty well in my 38 loose fit jeans.

TommyBoy
11-29-2007, 01:59 PM
you guys are freaks or something lol my 28 inch legs fit pretty well in my 38 loose fit jeans.I hate you.

Hatred
11-29-2007, 02:01 PM
you guys are freaks or something lol my 28 inch legs fit pretty well in my 38 loose fit jeans.

Let's not forget your 28 inch ginormous e-penis.

arnoldsclone
11-29-2007, 04:14 PM
I too have the same problem, i have a 50 inch chest and i have a 32 inch waist now ( i used to be a 44 " waist at my fattest) and i couldn't even buy clothes and get them tailored at s and k mens wear, i had to go to a tailor because my drop was soooooo big lol, I got 3 full suits and 5 shirts and 2 pairs of pants tailored for 350 $, not a bad deal considering i had a "chinc" tailor( no offense meant, the line is from dmx in belly)...........now i love the fact that when i buy a large shirt from saaayyyy amreican eagle the arms are tight as hell as is the whole upper body, i feel like a super hero lol!

Averof
11-29-2007, 05:35 PM
ok guys..you freaking convinced me

im going to look into finding a tailor..

thanks