PDA

View Full Version : Protein bar home made. Question!

mistergalarza
11-29-2007, 02:53 PM
A lot of the protein bars I've seen here are bulky ones - are there any bars home made yet with a CUT in mind?

Notorious
11-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Really what it comes down to is adding more whey to the mix and then just cutting it up into more bars. Also try to keep the sugar low (if you're using sugar, switch with splenda). Although, I have yet to find a good substitute for honey.

mikey4402
11-29-2007, 07:30 PM
Really what it comes down to is adding more whey to the mix and then just cutting it up into more bars. Also try to keep the sugar low (if you're using sugar, switch with splenda). Although, I have yet to find a good substitute for honey.

If your making the Mikey 's protein bar kind. you can't skip on the honey that and the PB are what keeps the bars together

Notorious
11-29-2007, 07:41 PM
Here's a recipe without honey I tried that worked alright...

8 Scoops Whey
3 Cups Oats
2 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding
2 Cups Skim Milk
4 tbsp Peanut Butter

It came out to be about a 10 calorie:1 g of protein ratio.

I gotta admit, they didn't hold together very well. I'm pretty sure they would have though, if I used less milk. So I would highly recommend only 1 cup of milk.

Or like I said, just take one of the other recipes and add more scoops of protein.

mikey4402
11-29-2007, 08:08 PM
did you bake that^^

Notorious
11-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Nah, just stuck it in the refrigerator. Think it would work if I baked it?

mistergalarza
11-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I have no idea how to "make" protein bars - i'm not very handy in the kitchen but only because i've never tried to make anything taste good hehe. So I guess I can just modify the ingredients of someones recipe or is there a tutorial on basic bar making?

AKMass
11-30-2007, 09:03 AM
I have no idea how to "make" protein bars - i'm not very handy in the kitchen but only because i've never tried to make anything taste good hehe. So I guess I can just modify the ingredients of someones recipe or is there a tutorial on basic bar making?

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=63562 First post. Great bars.