sorry guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qtDlqstc8

arnoldsclone
11-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Bravo!!!!!!

VikingWarlord
11-29-2007, 05:55 PM
You really are tiny.

Second thing, you're a couple inches from parallel and it looks like you might be bent forward a little too much at the bottom.Even despite that, you've got some strength. Work on that form and you'll be a powerhouse.

Congrats on finally getting a video up to placate the meatheads.

chinaz
11-29-2007, 06:41 PM
Bravo!!!!!!

lol, thanx.

You really are tiny.

Second thing, you're a couple inches from parallel and it looks like you might be bent forward a little too much at the bottom.Even despite that, you've got some strength. Work on that form and you'll be a powerhouse.

Congrats on finally getting a video up to placate the meatheads.

yeah, i was way forward, didnt realize it tell i watched it!

i had it perfect yesterday, but i deleted the vid : (
i didnt mean to at all, i was trying to show my mom when i got home,
and BOOM!! its gone : (
but its ok, ill work more on form and ill post a new one. : )

and lol yes, im a little person..
i hate it 2 : (

Sensei
11-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Keep the weight in your heels. Have a ways to go to hit parallel. Keep squatting!

jdeity
11-29-2007, 06:59 PM
listen to what he says! Once again sensei, glad to see you back - I was perusing your other spot for a bit once it seemed you were gone!

nhlfan
11-30-2007, 01:10 AM
just keep working on that depth, it'll come. lower the weight a while if you feel uncomfortable.

ps nice shirt :clown:

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-30-2007, 01:30 AM
Is that Winnie the Pooh? :D

Nice work on the squat. Even if it isn't parallel, you're still lifting a boat-load for someone your height and weight. Very impressive. You are leaning forward a bit and you need to get more control over the weight on your back, but good job. :) Remember to drive up with your heels. You have a lot of potential.

smokinHawk
11-30-2007, 06:35 AM
ya i would start by going all the way down that way all your muscles know to handle weight, then maybe after you learn to control the weight down hit the right depth depending on your federation you lift (if you end up competing)

you might try varying your stance (wide to narrow) to to find the place you like

and dont hate your self for being short, God made you that way for a reason.
like i was telling a taller guy at work, short people are tuffer then taller people lol.

Indifference
11-30-2007, 06:41 AM
you lift more than my 20 year old buddy whom is 5'10" and weighs 170lbs

bravo!

Lones Green
11-30-2007, 10:08 AM
you are so small. thats big weight though!

Sidior
11-30-2007, 12:04 PM
If a male member had posted that vid everyone would be all over him. That squat is really high. I doubt it is higher than your other squats, who posts their worst lifts online? You should drastically drop the weight, take advice from members like sensei and work your way back up.

Bohizzle
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
you're probably 4-5" away from parallel, drop the weight and hit depth!

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Personally, I think you should start with the bar and work hard until you get your form down solid (control, not leaning forward, etc.) and then start adding the weight. Squat form is very, very important and this aspect should be priority number one before "how much can I lift?" comes into play. If your form is like that at the weight you're using, you are using too much weight. It's great that you're very strong and I do see you lifting large amounts of weight in the future, but for your safety and preventing injury, you need to just start with the bar. You'll notice you'll be able to do a lot more weight when you're not going parallel, and that's not a good thing. You are putting the weight on your knees, when it shouldn't be.

Also, practice your form with the bar and without the belt.

smokinHawk
11-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Also, practice your form with the bar and without the belt.
:rolleyes:
youll never know your true form without enough weight.
and who care if you have a belt on, that matters nothing.

just do some good sets ATF, should just take you a couple and work your way up, that way you know how to do it
forget just the bar stuff, but dont do to much were you cant get it up if you go all the way down.

Jorge Sanchez
11-30-2007, 02:01 PM
If a male member had posted that vid everyone would be all over him. That squat is really high. I doubt it is higher than your other squats, who posts their worst lifts online? You should drastically drop the weight, take advice from members like sensei and work your way back up.

:withstupi:

A little part of my dies whenever I see people squat like that in the gym. You're obviously strong, but not that strong... yet. You'll benefit a lot more from doing a proper squat to parallel, especially if you want to compete.

deeder
11-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Ayoull never know your true form without enough weight.
Band who care if you have a belt on, that matters nothing.

just do some good sets ATF, should just take you a couple and work your way up, that way you know how to do it
forget just the bar stuff, but dont do to much were you cant get it up if you go all the way down.

A) And how can she do "true form" without first learning it? What better way to do that than with the bar so that she's still squatting some weight and can set her hands as she wants them.

B) Uh...What? You advocate squatting all the time with a belt on? You are a strong bencher but this is horrible squat advice.

Detard
11-30-2007, 03:34 PM

Best advice in this whole thread

markdk86
11-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Well it is true.... Maybe we don't want to scare away more people :-/.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
11-30-2007, 04:28 PM
and who care if you have a belt on, that matters nothing.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Your use of the rolling eyes smiley is rather obnoxious. There's nothing wrong with starting with the bar for a 4'8" young woman. I don't see what your beef is with what I said.

and who care if you have a belt on, that matters nothing.Why is that?

jdeity
11-30-2007, 05:12 PM
she should be using the bar only based upon her squat weight.

<<from westside til you die / dave tate>>

Beginner Squat Cycles

Squat Cycle 1

This is designed for the total beginner or lifter who has to address form and technique issues with the squat.

Week 1: 20-30% for 15 sets of 2 reps with 60 second rest periods

Week 2: 20-30% for 18 sets of 2 reps with 60 second rest periods

Week 3: 20-30% for 20 sets of 2 reps with 60 second rest periods

She was pushing around 200lbs right? So the bar is about what she should be playing with until she can get her squats atf or at least parallel, and absolutely needs to correct that forward lean.

jdeity
11-30-2007, 05:15 PM
It sucks using bar / lightweights when you can go heavier. Trust me I know, I'm dealing with this crap right now. Haven't had any real pl equip to use for many months now and am coming back into it. It's, well, almost demoralizing to be benching like 120lbs when I was maxing 280 late last year/early this year, but my form is just not on point yet so it's dumb to just start trying to get to my 280 again and smash past that w/o having the foundation.

PL isn't just about raw strength, especially bench and squat, she needs to get her form down to make real progress and avoid injury. She's leaning faaaaar too much forward and will need to get used to going lower than she has been.

VikingWarlord
11-30-2007, 05:17 PM

I'm not sure about that. If it had been a 15 year old male, there would likely be similar feedback. If the person was older, it'd be more likely to get ugly.

jdeity
11-30-2007, 05:26 PM
ya I didn't want to start arguements but if it was a guy that weight would be a joke. The fact that it's a 14 or 15 y/o, and a girl, pushign that kind of weight, it's impressive regardless of whether it'd qualify in a tourney. If a 15 y/o boy came in here doing a comparable weight for his age bracket/weight bracket, he'd be getting the same response I'd have to imagine.

Any new user who comes in and is pushing weights like that, once age/weight/gender are taken into consideration, will get attention because of the ridiculous potential they'll have.

chinaz
11-30-2007, 08:53 PM

yeah, but im not a male.
and i do know guys at school who weight 145+ who cant even get back up with 190.

yes, its a high squat, i did that after working out, i was worn out give me a break.

it is a pretty bad squat, i just wanted to get a vid up, even if it was bad, i just wanted to show that i wasnt lieing.

im sorry that i didnt go low enough,
the next vid i have up will be way different trust me.

thanks for your advice.

thanks everyone.

new vid should be in by next wed.

fpr
11-30-2007, 09:36 PM
You're a beast. Girls like it when you call them that..... right? :scratch:

Sidior
12-01-2007, 12:29 AM
yeah, but im not a male.
and i do know guys at school who weight 145+ who cant even get back up with 190.

yes, its a high squat, i did that after working out, i was worn out give me a break.

it is a pretty bad squat, i just wanted to get a vid up, even if it was bad, i just wanted to show that i wasnt lieing.

im sorry that i didnt go low enough,
the next vid i have up will be way different trust me.

thanks for your advice.

thanks everyone.

new vid should be in by next wed.
Glad to hear it. The only reason I pointed out the female thing is because anytime a new female member comes onto this board many of the male members act like horny 17 year olds. I respect female lifters the same way I would males and as such I don't baby shoddy lifts.

chinaz
12-01-2007, 10:56 AM
You're a beast. Girls like it when you call them that..... right? :scratch:

hhah, lol, some girls dont mind it, and some girls hate it.
i dont mind it : )

TJ2389
12-01-2007, 04:45 PM
chinaz if it makes u feel better, your the first girl I have ever seen doing squats not on a smith machine...

p.s. the italics is cause it rhymes and i thought i was clever :cool:

chinaz
12-01-2007, 07:06 PM
chinaz if it makes u feel better, your the first girl I have ever seen doing squats not on a smith machine...

p.s. the italics is cause it rhymes and i thought i was clever :cool:

hhaha, nice..

chinaz
12-01-2007, 07:09 PM
Is that Winnie the Pooh? :D

Nice work on the squat. Even if it isn't parallel, you're still lifting a boat-load for someone your height and weight. Very impressive. You are leaning forward a bit and you need to get more control over the weight on your back, but good job. :) Remember to drive up with your heels. You have a lot of potential.

yes, its winnie the pooh : D
and thanks.

chinaz
12-01-2007, 07:12 PM
ok, well,

everyone..

a belt, makes the biggest diffrence ( 2 ME )
and about the whole bar without weight thing,
i can go way lower then parallel with just the bar,
the bar is only 45pds...

i could prolly try going lower with say, 165 or something, and then workmy way up.

but im sure i can hit parallel with 190 if i did it fresh.

please stop fighting : (

or else... jk jk..

Built
12-01-2007, 07:16 PM
You're a strong little girl, chinaz - no doubt about that.

My suggestion to you, based on my personal experience with crappy back-squat form (leaning too far forward), would be to switch to fronts and fix your form. Fronts force you to stay upright, lean back and push through your heels. I've been doing these for about two years and I just tried back squats again - and was DELIGHTED with how much my back-squat form has improved.

I'm not so sure that you need to back off to only squatting the bar, but pick a weight you CAN get all the way down with. If you can't, it's too heavy for you. You'll know by how it feels getting out of the hole.

And watch all of sensei's squat videos. Best squat school you'll ever attend.

chris mason
12-01-2007, 08:23 PM

Not if the male member admitted it upfront and then apologized...

chris mason
12-01-2007, 08:26 PM
Geez, what a thread.

First, nice work! You are not close to parallel, but that is a lot of weight.

Your form is fine, just go deeper.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-01-2007, 10:46 PM
a belt, makes the biggest diffrence ( 2 ME )That's the very problem with using a belt, especially when you're trying to learn form. You can lift more with the belt on, but this isn't what you want when you're first learning squat form. Don't develop a dependency with the belt. You can use it sometimes, but not every single time. Don't use it with the mindset that you're "safer" either. It doesn't prevent back injury. It's a support, but it's not going to make you Superman (or in this case, Supergirl).

I'm not so sure that you need to back off to only squatting the bar, but pick a weight you CAN get all the way down with. If you can't, it's too heavy for you. You'll know by how it feels getting out of the hole. That's a better way of putting it.

Paul Stagg
12-02-2007, 01:57 PM

This is 100% wrong.

jdeity
12-03-2007, 09:06 AM
I never used a belt in my life so I cannot comment on that.

However, smokinhawk, you're more experienced. You don't need to learn form, so it's easier for you to tweak little things in your form at heavy weights.

She's bowing forward like she's unsure if she wants to good morning or squat the damn bar. She's also not going to / below parallel. She needs to drop some real weight from that bar to learn form properly - not only will less weight help her but it will be far safer for her, it's unsafe to be doing maximal/near-maximal loads when your form has as many flaws as hers does. Bar only is still like 25% of her 1RM, I'd say that or something under 100lbs is where she should be til she not only can replicate perfect form, but until she 'feels' it and it's second nature to her.

Mike G
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Chinaz, follow the advice from Built, Sensei and the other intelligent posters. I have taught lifting to football players (high school) for a few years and have always found the best way to help them learn form is with just the bar. These are guys who go to the same depth with 400 as you did with 190. It's amazing how hard it is for some of them just to get depth and feel comfortable. I think it's horrible advice to tell someone newer to lifting to load up so they can see their true form. They don't have a true form yet, because they don't have the basics down. When you start light, it's easy to learn good form, then you start adding weight and tweak your form as needed. Loading up and then finding out you put too much on does not teach good form.