PDA

View Full Version : Stop talking. Start doing.

WBBIRL
11-29-2007, 10:04 PM
So some things have happened in my life which don't make it any easier then it was. Woman troubles and I'll leave it at that.

So I've let a lot of things run through my mind. One of my biggest issues, besides being a world class procrastinator, is that I have low self esteem. Getting into shape isn't the entire answer but its a piece to the puzzle. I should be optimistic about this, with the exception of being overweight I'm probably more of a man then most walking the earth for a few different reasons... but I always seem to be so hard on myself.

First step seems to be getting back in the gym. I know a couple things from my previous experiences:

Things should be a balance of lifting weights, proper nutrition and some moderate cardio here and there.

I know that you DON'T need all that to lose fat... but its more efficent and yields the best results.

Money's tight, but won't be a problem. I'll be going back to my old gym since the campus gym sucks =(.

I have no idea of what to do for a routine, I'm open to anything but my main goal is to drop fat. I know I can build the power back up once I drop the fat and that I don't have to lose much power while cutting.

I procrastinate so much, but I've proven before I can do this. This is something I need at this point in my life. Not only to offer a distraction but to change the way I feel about myself.

I just need to dig deep within myself and pull out all the stops

Coke
11-30-2007, 05:57 AM
You'll be fine just from keeping your head in the game. My main advice for you is the very thing you may not like hear and that is 'cardio' in the form of the treadmill or jogging in general...anything of that sort will help transform your overall image imo. Let the weights take somewhat of a backseat for a while.

Good luck on all levels man.

lakeripple
11-30-2007, 11:24 AM
There are fat people who lay hotties consistently, working on your body is an amazing thing, just don't do it for the wrong reasons. Yeah, it might help you with your self confidence, but at the same time it seems like you wanna work on your confidence and probably self esteem. I've seen plenty of built guys with no game, **** this play is kinda like an AA meeting for built guys with girl problems. I'm actually surprised I haven't seen any new girl threads lately in Gen.

borracho
11-30-2007, 11:47 AM
There are fat people who lay hotties consistently.

:clap:

OP: good luck on your quest for content.

blaze1
12-01-2007, 10:08 AM
stayup bro. take things one step at atime.

mickyjune26
12-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Good you have you posting again, wbbirl. When you going to be posting your diet and/or routine?

WBBIRL
12-01-2007, 03:20 PM
This isn't about my confidence just to get girls, this is about my confidence in every aspect of my life. It just affects me more when it comes to getting women. Not because of a lack of women interested in me, but because of me not being confident enough to go after any.

I'm working on my body for two reasons:

In my opinion, I have much higher potential then the average person and I don't want to waste that. I would love to be that big tank with bowling ball shoulders, a wide thick back, tiny waist with big arms and legs. I also want to get rid of my low self esteem and part of it is the way I look. Call it how you see it, but it's something I have to do.

I've proven you can be overweight and still get attractive girls, I've done it twice now and this last one ending was the result of her physco ex boyfriend who she broke up with 2 weeks before meeting me. She tried to force herself to be with me because she wants to but she just couldn't take it... she was mentally shutting down trying to deal with it all. The last week we were together she forgot what day of the week it was once and she was even so out of it she had to think a while about what month we were in. I won't go into it but this last guy really really messed her up in a lot of ways which we talked about after we were dating about two weeks and we were still getting closer and closer so I believe her.

The routine is up in the air, the diet is just calorie restriction with high protein intake and I should be able to get back in the gym by January at the latest.

WBBIRL
12-09-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm selling a few things on ebay such as 3 PS3 games, a cd player (don't need it since I have the a 30GB Zune) and some other random crap. Will bring enough to pay for 3 months of gym membership. By them I'll have a job and work hard towards paying for a year.

I'm very anxious to see my weight. I know it's gone up, but I can get most of it right back off by backing off the junk and starting to exercise.

North
12-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Best of luck dude

...did you already sell the cd player?

Sidior
12-09-2007, 09:38 PM
This journal started november 30th, where are the workouts?

Unholy
12-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Yea yo, this is pretty hypocritical considering the title.

WBBIRL
12-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Yea yo, this is pretty hypocritical considering the title.

College has raped me of everything man... time, money, sanity, but most importantly money.

I had several thousand dollars before I started school... now I'm flat broke and hunting like a dog for a part time job. The campus gym won't do... I couldn't squat at all there so I need to get some money to pay for a membership. Thats why I'm selling off some video games and some other stuff to make money for gym money.

RedSpikeyThing
12-10-2007, 12:13 PM
The campus gym won't do... I couldn't squat at all there

Do they have heavy moveable objects? That's what I thought.

WBBIRL
12-10-2007, 12:37 PM
They have no power cage, three benches and a set of dumbells that go to 80 pounds in a room thats maybe 100 feet by 100 feet and there's always 10+ kids in there.

Considering I can't powerclean and press any weight that would provide me a meaningful squat workout I pretty much can't squat there. Unless I squatted people.... guy's would be weird but chicks would work. Too bad almost everyone at the campus avoids me like I breathe fire.

Sidior
12-10-2007, 12:43 PM
They have no power cage, three benches and a set of dumbells that go to 80 pounds in a room thats maybe 100 feet by 100 feet and there's always 10+ kids in there.

Considering I can't powerclean and press any weight that would provide me a meaningful squat workout I pretty much can't squat there. Unless I squatted people.... guy's would be weird but chicks would work. Too bad almost everyone at the campus avoids me like I breathe fire.

Sounds like you can bench, deadlift and do zercher squats off the benches. Isn't a ****ty gym better than no gym at all?

Throughout your last journal you constantly made claims about how you were going to shape up or take things serious again but they always fell apart. Also you have demonstrated that when you do take things seriously for an extended period of time you can get great results (like your initial weight loss). Why not man up now and begin training in a ****ty gym until you can move to the better one?

WBBIRL
12-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Never thought of zerchers....

Coke
12-11-2007, 05:54 AM
If the campus gym is free, I'd say go for it - at least for now...terrorize 'em over there bro, lol.

RedSpikeyThing
12-11-2007, 08:19 AM
Never thought of zerchers....

don't forget hack squats, lunges and bulgarian split squats. Also, overhead squats are pretty taxing, even without a lot of weight.

mickyjune26
12-11-2007, 11:57 AM
College has raped me of everything man... time, money, sanity, but most importantly money.

I had several thousand dollars before I started school... now I'm flat broke and hunting like a dog for a part time job. The campus gym won't do... I couldn't squat at all there so I need to get some money to pay for a membership. Thats why I'm selling off some video games and some other stuff to make money for gym money.

I know how it is to make sacrifices for lifting. I'm canceling my internet, blockbuster and donating plasma so I can buy enough food for my diet.

Sounds like you have a lot of mental ammunition here. I look forward to seeing your progress man.

BigCorey75
12-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I know how it is to make sacrifices for lifting. I'm canceling my internet, blockbuster and donating plasma so I can buy enough food for my diet.

Sounds like you have a lot of mental ammunition here. I look forward to seeing your progress man.

yeah man ive sold plasma, cancled a lot of things, went a long period with no new clothes, just kept mine clean, swicth to cheap beer and cheap liquor to get the job done and even whore myself out a little....lol

gotta make it work..lol

cant wait till u start lifitng again big man

Jorge Sanchez
12-11-2007, 02:21 PM
You gotta stop being so hard on yourself, buddy. You're a stand up guy. Now, just get in there and make **** work.

WBBIRL
12-19-2007, 02:26 PM
I have a lot of mental problems that will take time to work through but I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands who would view my situation as a walk in the park. I'm hard on myself because of those issues. I'll work through it.

I just sold 5 PS3 games on ebay netting me close to $150 so I can now afford to pay for 4 months of gym membership which will be long enough to find a part time job to continue my efforts.

These next two weeks will be a test of my ability to be mentally strong when it comes to the diet. I start lifting the 1st of January.

That post will contain my first workout, "starting again" measurements and my current weight.

To note:

Sunday my parents generously offered to pick me up a few pairs of pants since all that I have look horrible on me after losing the 60 pounds I did a year ago. We went to wal-mart and I was trying some on. When I was 320 I was wearing 48's so I figured maybe 44's would do it. Slipped a pair on to find they were too lose in the waist. Tried on a pair of 42's to find they fit but maybe 40's would work. Tried on 40's that weren't bad but too tight for my liking. I was very pumped about that.. wearing pants in a size I haven't worn since 9th grade. It also motivated me a LOT to quit the **** and get things done. I lost 60 pounds over 3 months before and I aim to do that very same thing again but just over 5 months instead of 3.

Come summer time I expect to weigh no more 210 pounds which will be the lightest I've been since 8th grade over 7 and a half years ago.

I also noticed that I'm still looking big in the shoulders, chest, back, legs and arms. Very very eager to see what I look like at 210 :D

mickyjune26
12-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Those are very attainable goals, and I bet you'll still have the thick upper body finally set free from the layers of fat. i really look forward to seeing your progress and how you're waging in the mental battle.

The mental battle is half the game. I myself am just starting to win it, lifting and dieting correctly for 7 weeks straight, the longest stretch I've had in a while.

Coke
12-20-2007, 04:35 AM
Good luck with your plans for 2008...just put them efforts in without much thought and keep the diet tight.

WBBIRL
12-23-2007, 01:20 AM
So far so good. I've weighed and taken measurements today for the **** of it.

I tip the scales at about 265 pounds.

Measurements are:

Waist under navel : 46"
Waist at naval : 46.5"
Middle of stomach :44.5"
Neck: 19"
Forearms: 13.5"
Calf: 18"
Quads : 29"
Bi's : 17.75"
Chest : 51"

I've decided I'm giving up drinking all together. Every time I do it always starts as just one and before you know it I've downed 30$ worth of liquor and when I drink I usually decide to eat **** food I shouldn't anyhow. So I'm done with it for at the very least 6 months. I can live without it knowing the spoils for this war.

6 months and 50 pounds... thats my goal. 215 pounds by June 1st and hopefully %15~

WBBIRL
01-04-2008, 06:12 PM
So it has begun.

I started lifting on the first and today was my 3rd session back. I always get sore as hell and everything feels like a ****ton the first two weeks or so but it goes away and things start moving quickly. I weighed 278 yesterday and 283 today... ? I'll list an official starting weight in two weeks when the water weigh **** calms down.

No more drinking, one time Feb 28 th when my buddy turns 21 and then not again until at the very least summer time. No more **** food and no more eating out. 3 cardio sessions per week, 2 HIIT one 45 min elliptical session to start... I'll ease into the HIIT these first two weeks.

I'm not shooting for a number so to speak, but rather this time I'm going by the mirror. I would like to be down 30 pounds by march which I don't think is shooting too high since a solid 10 will be gone in about 2 weeks from all the water weight and what not from cutting the carbs way down.

Todays Session

Incline Bench

45x10
95x10
135x10
135x10

Deadlift

135x10
225x5
315x5
405x1

Straps broke, last set that were 10 years old and the new hook things suck ass... I'll have to invest in my own wrist wraps. I'll also be doing a lot of static holding in the power cage to get my grip up. I should be able to hold 405 without needing them. Same theory on my back, at one time 600 pounds would have floored me yet 7 months ago I walked it out easy.

DB Rows

35x10
35x10
55x10
75x8

Lat Pulldowns

80x10
100x10
120x10

Power Clean and Press

135x5
135x5
185x3

Did some other random lifts with low weight for stretching. Shoulders, chest and arms sore as hell. Weights will improve a good bit in the next month and weight should drop a good 15 pounds in that time.

IRL OUT

borracho
01-04-2008, 07:33 PM
looking good irl! hey...am I going crazy or did I really make a second journal that is, um, MIA? "borracho goes to fat camp" was the title...if memory serves me correctly..wtf? is it lost for good?

Stumprrp
01-04-2008, 08:40 PM
sweet lifting to get back man

WBBIRL
01-05-2008, 09:58 PM
looking good irl! hey...am I going crazy or did I really make a second journal that is, um, MIA? "borracho goes to fat camp" was the title...if memory serves me correctly..wtf? is it lost for good?

Some posts have went bye bye since the forum had its issues.

sweet lifting to get back man

Thanks Stump, just trying to keep it real

Sore as a mother ****er right now. Hitting a lighter session tomorrow mainly to stretch out. I figure on this

Do some rows on the machine

Deadlift

Squat

Bench

3 sets of 10 with warm up weights

Follow it up with a 20 min session of HIIT on the stair stepper

WBBIRL
01-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Here's how today went down

Benchpress

135x10
135x10
135x10

Deadlift

225x10
225x10
225x10

Squat

185x10
185x10
185x10

Did some light light light seated rows and some light work on the shoulder fly machine or whatever it's called.

Hit the stepper for some HIIT duration about 20 min

If the DOMS disappear tomorrow I'll be starting a modified West Side Barbell routine. College starts back up as well, hurray.

borracho
01-06-2008, 05:10 PM
grip must be doing well! the deads look good!

WBBIRL
01-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Grip is horrible =/, I need to start doing static holds in the power cage. I want to be able to hang onto 405 like nothing in a few months.

Coke
01-07-2008, 08:04 AM
Glad to see you getting on with it again this way.

WBBIRL
01-07-2008, 01:20 PM
For the millionth time coke haha =)

Todays 5:30 AM session

Barbell benchpress

135x10
135x10
185x10
225x1
245x1
275x1

Just trying to "shock" the system with some heavy weight.

Row

3 sets of 10... weights don't matter as I can rep the whole stack for 10

Box Squat

135x5
225x5
315x5
405x5
495x1
585x walkout

Getting used to walking big weight out again, it'll come along nicely

Did some various stretching, some really low free squat singles with 135 for form work.

10 min on the stepper 5 min cool down on the treadmill

5 AM workouts are going to suck I think with everything thats going to be going on now. I got lots of classes, lots of work to do, on top of working and keeping up with lifting.

Where theres a will theres a way

mickyjune26
01-07-2008, 01:32 PM
I forgot how strong you are. This is some good heavy stuff here. Great job man.

borracho
01-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Ass hole! I had to work my ass off to get to where you are on bench. looking good man

WBBIRL
01-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I gotta lot of stuff left under the hood where that came from, I want the weights to get heavy but cutting is more important.

Thanks for the comments.

Coke
01-08-2008, 05:46 AM
Solid effort man, doing super.

WBBIRL
01-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks big coke

Todays session

Bench

135x10
185x8
225x6
225x6

DB arnolds

35x10
40x8
45x6

DB Hammers

35x10
35x10
45x8
45x8

Incline Bench

95x10
135x8
185x6

DB bench

45x10
65x8
75x6

20 min on treadmill... 5 min's at 5 mph and then 5 walking at 3.5 mph

Easing back into it, slowly but surely. I'm eager for summer to come already and really hoping all my hard work between now and then will be worth it.

Sidior
01-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Glad to see you back in the gym man. Consistency is key!

WBBIRL
01-13-2008, 08:29 PM
So happy to get back in the gym, drinking is killing me both finanically and diet wise. It's becoming more of a problem then food is... I went out for one drink and some dancing friday night and ended up drinking $50 worth of liquor, eating some chicken fingers and doing the running man with 3 chicks I don't know. Musta been funny as all hell to see me doing that.

Bleh, I hate how much fun clubs are.

BigCorey75
01-13-2008, 08:40 PM
good work in here big man, let me know how that no drinking thing goes, ive cut way back to just the weekends, and im a lot better at controlling my eating but i keep it to liquor and just the weekends and that sbeen good for me so far

borracho
01-13-2008, 09:49 PM
damn dude..$50 bucks?

anywho....work out looked good! keep 'er up!

Sidior
01-13-2008, 10:45 PM
I've decided I'm giving up drinking all together. Every time I do it always starts as just one and before you know it I've downed 30$ worth of liquor and when I drink I usually decide to eat **** food I shouldn't anyhow. So I'm done with it for at the very least 6 months. I can live without it knowing the spoils for this war.

6 months and 50 pounds... thats my goal. 215 pounds by June 1st and hopefully %15~

So happy to get back in the gym, drinking is killing me both finanically and diet wise. It's becoming more of a problem then food is... I went out for one drink and some dancing friday night and ended up drinking $50 worth of liquor, eating some chicken fingers and doing the running man with 3 chicks I don't know. Musta been funny as all hell to see me doing that.

Bleh, I hate how much fun clubs are.

Dude I really want to see you succeed but you keep making claims and then not following them. What is the problem?

WBBIRL
01-14-2008, 01:46 PM
I have to admit it's been harder to control the drinking then it has been the food. I was "clean" so to speak from the time of the first quote until this last friday.

I know I won't be able to give it up completely, I know that and it was trying to that wound me up drinking a fifth + of liqour friday night. So I'm cutting it to once a month, I know it won't help my efforts of cutting but If I try and avoid it at all costs I'll end up doing this over and over again.

WBBIRL
01-14-2008, 05:03 PM
Starting a modified version of the West Side Barbell training routine... should be interesting.

ME Upper

ME Lift: Flat Barbell Benchpress

135x10
225x5
275x1
315x3

Felt real strong, especially the middle sets, felt way strong. Feeling pumped....

Incline DB Bench press

35x10
50x10
70x10

Seated Row Machine

100x15
100x15
150x15
150x15

Rear Delt Machine

100 x 12
100x12
100x12

Weighted ab cruncher

80x15
80x15
80x15
80x15

Ab Rotator machine

50 x 15
50 x 15
50 x 15

Drinking sucks... I'm 285 right now. It's no ones fault but my own... just gotta get r done I guess. Strength is coming back, don't look bad at all for 285 but I need to get down to 225.

I've worked so hard and come so far... I can't let this get the best of me. I've proven I can do it.

borracho
01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
:omg: 315x3!!!

WBBIRL
01-14-2008, 10:01 PM
At one point in IRL's better days he was headed for a 365 flat bench, guess I've held on pretty good.

Went out to the bar to shoot pool and did just that. Wasn't tempted to drink once, caught up with a lot of people and a girl talked to me that hasn't really ever said anything to me at all and I went to school with her. I was like woah lol, she shot me a game of 8 ball (she got blew off the table even though I missed a few shots on purpose haha).

She's a good lookin girl I'd hit it :hump:

Im most pleased with the fact I managed to drink only one diet vanilla pepsi.

Sidior
01-14-2008, 10:03 PM
Westside should treat you well, you are already one strong mofo.

WBBIRL
01-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Westside should treat you well, you are already one strong mofo.

Haha thanks man, I hope it does. Westside is home to some of the biggest boys on the block

borracho
01-15-2008, 08:13 AM
glad to hear you were able to not drink dude..proud of you. That is a big step..just, try and make a semi-trend of that. ;)

WBBIRL
01-15-2008, 10:02 PM
It will become a full time trend, it's too expensive and more importantly it interferes with my goals.

Did one hour of cardio today on the elliptical... sweating pretty good. Went at an average of 3 mph pace. Cardio is a lot easier with my Zune it makes it a lot less boring.

Plan on doing 1 maybe 2 hour long sessions of cardio on the elliptical and 2 HIIT sessions of cardio each week. I'll see how things go with that and the West Side for Skinny Bastards. I'll give it a month before I change anything up.. I think the cardio/lifting plan will work really good. I expect to see big changes in a few months.

Coke
01-16-2008, 05:33 AM
The cardio and lifting combined will take you to the next level by this summer man, stay on it.

Mike G
01-16-2008, 06:56 AM
You gained 20 pounds in less than a month? That can't be right, is it? You've shown before that you can make good gains when you're consistent and I hope this time you don't disappear.

Also, looks like you kept most of your strength despite not working out. 315 for a triple is close to where you were when you stopped posting in your old journal, good stuff (or was it three singles). Either way, nice start.

Stumprrp
01-16-2008, 08:31 AM
315 x 3 is nice irl

borracho
01-16-2008, 09:25 AM
I dont spose you're into bike riding, are ya Irl? I know I dropped weight fairly quick when I started doing lots of riding (~20-30lbs)...be it mountain biking or on the road...it is a lot more fun than mimiking a gerbals life on a tredmil or elliptical...some thing to think about.

WBBIRL
01-16-2008, 01:41 PM
You gained 20 pounds in less than a month? That can't be right, is it? You've shown before that you can make good gains when you're consistent and I hope this time you don't disappear.

Also, looks like you kept most of your strength despite not working out. 315 for a triple is close to where you were when you stopped posting in your old journal, good stuff (or was it three singles). Either way, nice start.

I gained a lot of water weight back, carbs crept back up on me pretty fast and I probably did even put on a a little fat. The drinking is what killed me... I ain't stoppin this time

315 x 3 is nice irl

Thanks big man

I dont spose you're into bike riding, are ya Irl? I know I dropped weight fairly quick when I started doing lots of riding (~20-30lbs)...be it mountain biking or on the road...it is a lot more fun than mimiking a gerbals life on a tredmil or elliptical...some thing to think about.

Don't really care for bike riding, but with the zune I can live with cardio indoors until the weather breaks and then I'll start doing cardio outside at our local highschool track.

The cardio and lifting combined will take you to the next level by this summer man, stay on it.

I'm thinking so, I plan to wreak some havoc :ninja:

borracho
01-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestion of BGB Irl...greatly appreciated. I have known of that program for some time, but never really took an in depth look at it which is a shame as it really does look promising. Unfortunately due to my schedule, I am not sure I have 4 days to dedicate to the gym...though I would like to try it, it may have to wait for summer.

Thanks again for pointing me in other directions...from one fatty to another I appreciate it.

WBBIRL
01-16-2008, 07:31 PM
ME Lower

Rack Pulls

225x10
315x5
405x5
495x5

Barbell Step Ups

95x10
95x10
135x8

Static Hangs

30 second hang
28 second hang
20 second hang

Pull Throughs

60x10
90x10
110x10
130x10

These nailed my freaken glutes and posterior chain good. This was a good workout.

Done and done, off tomorrow.

Coke
01-17-2008, 05:32 AM
Solid stuff overall IRL.

WBBIRL
01-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Repetition Upper

Barbell Benchpress

135x20
185x15
225x10

BB Skulls

95x10
115x10
135x10

Lat Pulldowns

100x10
110x10
120x10
140x10

DB Hammers

30x10
40x10
45x10

AB circuit training

RedSpikeyThing
01-17-2008, 10:38 PM
strong benching IRL, keep it up!

WBBIRL
01-18-2008, 11:50 PM
This template has me whooped!

Did half an hour on the stair stepper and I was done for the day. Man o man....

Stumprrp
01-19-2008, 09:17 AM
great job man

WBBIRL
01-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Thanks mang

Did another hour on the elliptical today. Rest tomorrow and training monday ME upper at 5 PM so I should have lots of recovery time and 2 good nights of sleep.

Coke
01-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Upper body sets are looking tight guy, keep it up.

WBBIRL
01-21-2008, 05:19 PM
ME Upper

Decline DB Bench

35x10
50x10
65x10
80x10

Rack Lockouts

135x10
225x5
315x5
405x3

Bent Over Barbell Rows

135x10
155x10
185x10
205x10

Face Pulls

150x15
180x15
210x15

Weighted Ab work

Half an hour on the elliptical (stair stepper was taken) so I did interval program and kicked it up to level 4 I think... gave the same effect.

Diets been ok, had to fight off a few food cravings. I get slightly discontent with what I see in the mirror but I tend to only focus on the bad things and not the good ones. IE I see the love handles and gut but over look the big shoulders, separation in the biceps and nice development in the upper back.

I got some lemon lime gator aid that I mix 1 scoop in 1 quart of water (half as strong as it should be) and it does the trick. I drink it during the workouts and probably another 16 oz of it during the day. Basically water but with a little taste and a tiny bit of carbs in it.

It's becoming more apparent how long of a haul im in for, but I've seen a few members of this forum step up and knock one out of the park, Paul, Stump and wannabelean to name a few.

Oh well I'm out for now, cardio only tomorrow.

Stumprrp
01-21-2008, 08:24 PM
very strong workout irl

WBBIRL
01-22-2008, 09:08 PM
Hour of cardio today, kicked the elliptical up a level and still did an hour.... something like 4.5 miles. I was soaked.

Down about 10 pounds since I quit drinking, looking to keep that **** up big time. I don't look bad in the mirror now but I want to drop a good 10% body fat by summer time.

Coke
01-23-2008, 05:46 AM
Props on the killer cardio...hang tough with the diet, it's gonna pay off huge.

WBBIRL
01-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Rough one today, tomorrows off totally and I'm not doing cardio on friday. I'll hit more cardio on thursday. 4X a week is just too much for cardio on this modified west side routine. I'll do 2 1 hour sessions per week on the elliptical and one half an hour session on the stair stepper.

ME Lower

Warm up BB Squats

135x10
225x5

To a box

225x10
315x5
405x5
495x1

Calf Raises

405x10
495x10
585x5
610x1

DB Lunges

40's x 10
40's x 10
40's x 10
40's x 10

Wrist roller workout for grip

Leg Curls

100x10
100x10
100x10
100x10

20 min on stair master

Squats felt good, hips starting to get more flexible so I should be able to hit some heavier weight in maybe 5-6 weeks. Stair master killed me, I was cooked at that point. Calf raises were extra, did em to see how it felt to hold the weight. 610 felt heavier then it used too, but nothing I couldn't handle.

Coke
01-24-2008, 05:45 AM
Hellacious sets throughout man, doing damn good.

RedSpikeyThing
01-24-2008, 08:49 AM
damn man, you have some big strength. Keep at it!

WBBIRL
01-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks gentlemen, nice to know some people check in.

Beat today, that stair master after ME squat day was a BAD idea. Took the day off, tomorrows repeititon upper followed with 45 min or so of cardio on elliptical.

Mike G
01-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Are you following DeFranco's version? If so, why the heavy single and the lighter set of five? Just curious, since it's supposed to be a max triple or five set. I've followed the routine and found when I started to hit a heavy single without a heavy triple, my gains weren't as good. I've also found if I am going to hit singles instead of triples, I need to hit atleast three in the 90% range. You made a huge jump in weight and if that works for you, great, I just learned the hard way that I stalled out quicker when I jumped like that. Also, why hit 495 again, you just hit that a few workouts ago? You already know you can get it, no real point to get it again. Again, if this is what works for you, great, I'm just sharing the little experience I have, nice workouts the last few days.

Post up some vids soon. I'd like to see how your form has improved in the last year since your 315 vid and it will be nice to look at in six months when you are moving bigger weight and weighing less. Nice job so far, keep it up.

WBBIRL
01-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Well:

1) The heavy single is to get my back used to the weight which 495 was no issue. It also served the purpose of getting heavy stimulation in the muscles while waiting on muscle memory to kick back into full swing.

My muscle memory takes forever to kick back in, especially if its been a few months. I should be back to speed before much longer, but it wouldn't shock me if it took another 4 weeks before I was hitting it like before.

Todays workout

Didn't workout yesterday. Went out to eat, had a sandwich called "$20 Philly cheese steak" then went bowling and stayed at a friends house.. ate some backed lays drank 2 beers and played some madden.

Despite the cheating which will become less and less I'm down 3 more pounds which is great. It's not water either as I've been hydrated well the last 2 weeks. I looked damn good in a side shot, I have a BIG frame. I would probably be wearing 2X at 10%. Don't get me wrong I'm still fat but for 275 at my height I look damn good. I'll be looking awesome at 225 which excites me because my stomach will more then likely be flat.

Aiming for about 2 pounds per week till summer time. Can't *****IN wait.

DB Bench

35x10
35x10
65x20
65x20
65x20

Rope Pushdowns

120x10
120x10
120x10
120x10

Lat Pulldowns

60x12
80x12
100x12
120x12

Lateral DB Raises

15x10
20x10
25x10

Barbell Curls

45x10
85x10
95x10

Weighted AB work

weighed crunches

40x20
40x20
40x20

Torso Rotator

60x15
60x15
60x15

30 min on treadmill at 4.0 mph

Felt good, looking better in the mirror and I'm starting to get hungry... hungry for pushing big weight and dropping about a solid 40 pounds of fat.

Coke
01-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Fine effort IRL, on the mark bro.

WBBIRL
01-29-2008, 12:20 PM
Looking back at my last ME upper session with flat bench, I'm not sure if this is a step forwards or back but either way things didn't feel so light yesterday... haven't been getting enough sleep. Either way solid session.

Barbell Benchpress

135x10
185x10
225x5
275x5
305x5

Bent Over DB Rows

50x15
50x15
80x15
80x15

Delt Machine... I'll link to a picture of what it is... so maybe someoen can tell me what the lift is called and what muscle I'm working

40x12
80x12
120x12

DB Bench

50x10
50x10
75x10
75x10

Cooked from the benching. Felt alright to be honest... I'm not as strong as I once was but I'm a good 50 pounds lighter and still cutting. I don't know how much strength I'm going to continue to gain on a cut.

Me and a friend grilled out yesterday.... I know I'm a nut. The electric starter wouldn't work so I use a torch and the grill had filled up with a bit of gas... singed all the hair off the side of my arm. We grilled up about 3 pounds of steak and good steak too. I always say how I can't cook but damn them stakes came out delicious. We ate all three pounds.

BigCorey75
01-29-2008, 02:09 PM
yeah losing weight and keeping the strength is an odd thing to juggle man, keep at it, work with ur food and nutirent timing, basically keep carbs to pre workout, especially before legs, and try to keep them away all other times, except perhaps for some simple starches post workout with ur shake so u can absorb all of ur protein shake post workout

complex carbs pre workout for fuel

simple startches post workout to raise insulin and help protein systhesis

borracho
01-30-2008, 07:37 AM
305x5 on the bench? wow!

maintaining that strength pretty damn well!

mickyjune26
01-30-2008, 07:44 AM
305 x 5 is still serious nonetheless. Grilling in January? Where you from, the south somewhere?

WBBIRL
01-30-2008, 01:12 PM
PA baby about an hour east of Pittsburgh. I was grilling in about 20 degree weather wearing my gym attire which was a cutoff old HS football shirt and some shorts.

The strength is doing great considering the cut. I haven't been cutting THAT fast but I'm not too upset considering the strength returns have been good so far.

mickyjune26
01-30-2008, 01:18 PM
I was just up in Ringgold, south of pittsburg 45 minutes. It was cold!

WBBIRL
01-30-2008, 08:26 PM
ME lower

Barbell Deadlift

135x10
225x10
315x10
405x5

Hack Squats

185x10
185x10
185x10

Barbell Holds

225x30 seconds
315x30 seconds
405x30 seconds

Leg Curls

80x10
120x10
120x10

Done and done

mickyjune26
01-30-2008, 08:40 PM
solid deadlifts. You have any thick-grip barbells for your holds?

WBBIRL
01-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks mang I wanted 405x10 and then 450x5 but I just ran out of gas...

No thick bars... =(

Coke
01-31-2008, 06:00 AM
Efforts are great dude...it would be sweet if you could hold down 3pps on the flat bench while streamlining.

WBBIRL
01-31-2008, 09:46 PM
Me and a friend are thinking of competing actually, I want to compete somewhere in the neighborhood of 220 pounds. If I could get my bench to 405, squat back up to 600 and my deadlift up near 600 I'd be good to go. I have some work to do in all three departments, the most in deadlift a little in squat and mostly just recovering old strength in bench. I'd love to compete to be honest 1600 lbs raw at 220 should be a competitive total.

There's also putting on all that strength on a cut... it won't be easy at all and all but impossible. For right now I'm content with getting back old strength and cutting. I have about 50 pounds to lose before it's time to compete anyhow... I'd get crushed at SHW with my total.

WBBIRL
01-31-2008, 10:17 PM
Forgot the workout

Barbell Benchpress

135x10
185x20
225x15

Barbell Curls

45x10
65x10
85x10

Lat Raises

20x10
30x10
35x10

Rope Pushdowns

120x10
120x10
120x10
120x10

I don't know if anyones done west side of skinny bastards before but it tells me on repititon day to work up to 3 sets of max reps and then it says

Barbell benchpress (95, 135, 185, or 225)... does this mean 3 sets of max reps at one of those weights? I usually go max reps @135 then 185 then 225... should it be a warmup then 3 sets of max reps at 185 or 225?

Mike G
02-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Your best bench is 335, so to rep 305x5 is pretty damn good considering you are just getting back into it and I am formally requesting some vids. To be moving the weight you are, despite not really working out for a few months and cutting, is impressive. You seem to have gotten stronger, or kept your strength, in everything but your deadlift and even that is still up there pretty good. Good work big man. I'm not calling you out, I would really like to see some vids and I do think it would help you when you have those feelings of quitting or slacking, just to peak at them and know how far you've come. You've posted them before, so I know you can.

RedSpikeyThing
02-01-2008, 08:59 AM
strong upper work IRL! I seem to remember the WFSB protocol being "pick one of those weights and do it for 3 sets of max reps". You can change up the weight you use every couple of weeks.

WBBIRL
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Your best bench is 335, so to rep 305x5 is pretty damn good considering you are just getting back into it and I am formally requesting some vids. To be moving the weight you are, despite not really working out for a few months and cutting, is impressive. You seem to have gotten stronger, or kept your strength, in everything but your deadlift and even that is still up there pretty good. Good work big man. I'm not calling you out, I would really like to see some vids and I do think it would help you when you have those feelings of quitting or slacking, just to peak at them and know how far you've come. You've posted them before, so I know you can.

I had more then 335 in me, if you dig back through my old journal you'll see I was going to take on 355 and the night before i was to attempt I sprained my wrist at work.

I haven't gotten stronger, I'm not even close in anything except bench but all the time I haven't been lifting I had done heavy moving for my uncle.

I don't have a digital camera which takes pictures anymore and I don't have a video camera. I'll try and get a friend to bring his to the gym and get some videos but I can't promise... I've been trying to get him to do this since the first journal I put up on WBB.

I would really like to get videos up just for the sake of critique, as my 315 squat video was kinda crappy (the form not the video).

WBBIRL
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
strong upper work IRL! I seem to remember the WFSB protocol being "pick one of those weights and do it for 3 sets of max reps". You can change up the weight you use every couple of weeks.

This is what I thought.

borracho
02-01-2008, 03:02 PM
225x15

BASTARD!

Looking good dude

WBBIRL
02-01-2008, 10:29 PM
The chest strength has been coming right back to me, although I wont lie things do feel heavier then they did when I was 320. Thats to be expected though.. I wouldn't trade the strength for the bodyweight loss anyday. I was too unhealthy at 320, the body composition was way off. Maybe 10 years from now I can be up around 280 or 290 with a respectable bodyfat percentage (like 15 or so) but for now I should be down at 225 or so.

borracho
02-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Maybe 10 years from now I can be up around 280 or 290 with a respectable bodyfat percentage (like 15 or so) but for now I should be down at 225 or so.

good thinking buddy..I have not been doing very well on the weight loss part so far..although, I have not gained any..so, thats good.

keep it up man

WBBIRL
02-04-2008, 09:09 PM
I don't have a digital camera which takes movies anymore and I don't have a video camera. I'll try and get a friend to bring his to the gym and get some videos but I can't promise... I've been trying to get him to do this since the first journal I put up on WBB.

I would really like to get videos up just for the sake of critique, as my 315 squat video was kinda crappy (the form not the video).

Fixed this for you. I talked with him about it, its about 50/50 right now on if he'll let me or not. I'm using the angle that since I used WBB to help us find a powerlifting meet to do the least he can do is let me use his camera to lay some proof to my claims.

Anywho I knew this would happen... I hit my first "rut" on ME upper day.

Barbell Bench

135x10
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x3
315x2

Couldn't get any more then 2 and I figured I should get 3... 2 was lucky I barely got the second rep. Maybe next monday I go ME on a different lift.

Flat Dumbell Bench

50x10
75x10
100x7

Couldn't get 8 locked out... cooked to hell and back from the ME bench effort.

Bent over BB Rows

135x10
135x10
185x10
185x10

Delt Machine

60x10
80x10
100x10
120x10

Weighted AB work

I figured this might happen. I THINK I can blame it on getting half an hour of sleep between sunday and monday and being dead tired through all my classes on monday. I would like to think that it affected my performance and that this is just a minor stumble. Things are also starting to feel "heavier" as in heavier then I remember them being. My muscle memory is slow though so it could be a few more weeks before I'm running 100% of what I used to be. Either way the results are good, the cut is coming great and I should be down around 230 come summer time.

Coke
02-05-2008, 05:54 AM
Damn good benching man, that's what I'm talkin' bout.

WBBIRL
02-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Well boys this is probably one of the only times you can hear anyone say this and have it not be a line of **** and probably one of maybe 2 times in my life I'll ever say it.

I did a lot of growing in the gym today... mentally.

I decided to toss aside the box for squatting (and my pride in the numbers made possible by said box). So I took some numbers free and to parallel. Nothing compare to what my box squat is but I have theories about it.

In my only squat video, 315x1, it looks like I favor my leg for some reason. I think it has a lot to do with me not free squatting enough which is why I lack any "drive" out of the whole. That and I think my hamstrings are weaker then they should be. To remedy this I'll be doing GM's, Karleson squats and squats to parallel without the box.. in fact no more box. I know I can hit big numbers to parallel without that damn box and I NEED to.

Barbell Squat

135x10
225x8
275x5
315x3
315x1
225x6
225x6
225x1.5 fail on 2 fell and the cage caught it

the cage is the best spotter anyone can have, won't let me get hurt and I can train hard safely even by myself though I wouldn't incase of a freak accident.

My prosterior chain was dead.... I'll just go with the flow. Watch the squat RX videos and get done what needs to be done.

Grip work

Karleson Squats

225x10
225x10
225x10

GM's

45x10
135x10
185x10

Hams cramped BAD at this point.

Still not down a lot, but its showing in the mirror more then the scale. I think WBB will be damn suprised at what IRL's packin. I want to get down 40 pounds by summer and see where I'm at.

Stumprrp
02-06-2008, 07:57 PM
sweet squats irl

RedSpikeyThing
02-06-2008, 09:08 PM
nice squatting IRL! You're gonna be pretty jacked when you're down 40 lbs...you hold your weight very well.

Mike G
02-06-2008, 09:28 PM
How high was the box? I love my power cage and it has saved me a few times on misses (bench, overheads, squats). What's your actual goal? I've read 230 by the summer and now it's drop 40 by the summer. I saw this a lot in your old journal, start with a realistic, but big, goal, make it a little smaller, then make it a longer term goal. I'm really not being a dick on this, I want to see you succeed and I see tendencies that have hurt you in the past.

As for the workout, way to find a weakness and work on it. Numbers will be back up soon enough, only there won't be a box under you. When you get some vids up, you can compare them to your 315 and really see what's improved and what still needs work.

WBBIRL
02-07-2008, 04:36 PM
Red, Stump

Thanks mang(s)

Mike G

The box is about 14 inches I think, I hit 600 and something to it and just missed 635 or 625 I'm not sure but I was damn strong to that box. I love my power cage as well, its great.

40 pounds puts me at around 230 which is where I think I will look good. I'm a naturally thick and wide person so I can hold it well for my height. I hold 270 damn well for my height which I've found to be about 5'9 a little shorter then I thought I was. My real goal is not to be fat any more. I don't care if I have abs but I want to be at or under 15% bodyfat. I'm not really that fat for 270 but a lot fatter then I want to be.

No excuses though, I need to shed a good 40-45 pounds and I will do it. I will succeed because I know now that I can. Dropping from 320 to 260 was all I needed to show me that... I got lazy but I'm back on tack now and in a LOT better of a position then I was from the time I was 17 to 20.

Walked half an hour on the treadmill to loosen my legs. They cramped so hard last night it woke me up and I was nearly crying, I was smashing the wall with my fist and ended up putting a hole in it (sheet rock) it was the only thing that I could do to keep from losing my mind during that kind of pain. Did some light squats to work the tissue and force blood through the muscle.

Did some abs,

Situps

45x10
45x10
45x10
100x10
100x10

Hard work with the 100 pound plate but my core is strong.

WBBIRL
02-08-2008, 03:03 PM
The scale really isn't moving. I've been 271 for quite a while now but it just seems like I've been doing everything right.

I can only assume I just have to wait it out (maybe a "stall" that will work itself out) or that I've gained some muscle back which isn't a far fetched idea. I'm a big guy and it wouldn't be hard to believe I packed on up to 5 pounds of muscle since I've started hitting the iron again. I just now that I want that number to start going down and it isn't. The mirror tells all but it'll be a while before I see changes... probably weeks. I don't know what really to do other then buckle down a little harder and just see what happens.

RE upper

DB Bench

50x10
80x15
80x15
80x15

Lat Pulldowns

80x12
80x12
100x12
100x12

DB Shoulder Press

45x10
55x10
65x10

Hammer Curls

20x10
30x10
40x10

Skull Crushers

95x10
115x10
145x10

I did all this with a max rest of 60 seconds per set, probably the first time in forever I adhered to the time protocol if my routine involved one and let me say this whooped my ass good! I must have been resting almost 2 full min before on each set.

Legs are sore but I stretched a lot and then walked on the treadmill at 3.5 to work them a little for about 20 min or so.

Mike G
02-08-2008, 05:07 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about the scale, especially if your goal isn't a specific number. Take some more pics and in two months take em again. If you're eating right and with the work you've been doing, I would expect a nice change in the mirror before long. How often are you weighing yourself? I like your mindset keep it up.

WBBIRL
02-08-2008, 10:58 PM
I've been checking around each week or so as to not go crazy from water fluctuations. It does seem like I'm always drinking a lot of water before I weigh in.

Yea I'll let measurements speak more then the scale does... I just know that numbers going to have to drop to see the results I want.

Coke
02-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Right idea, stay patient where the immediate results are concerned...this game can be real subtle at times.

Mike G
02-09-2008, 08:45 PM
I've been checking around each week or so as to not go crazy from water fluctuations. It does seem like I'm always drinking a lot of water before I weigh in.

Yea I'll let measurements speak more then the scale does... I just know that numbers going to have to drop to see the results I want.

I completely agree, but it wouldn't be strange to stall out for a week or two and then have a big drop. Could be any number of things. I would pick a day and a time and stay consistent with that for weighing in. Morning, before eating, to help limit fluctuations. Are you tracking on Fit day again? I can't do that, I hate measuring everything out and being that careful. Probably why I don't do well losing weight. You know the deal, stay consistent and the hard work pays off over time.

WBBIRL
02-09-2008, 09:54 PM
Well this is the situation I'm in.

My parents supply most of the food I eat. I cannot in any way shape or form afford to pay for all the food I eat daily (or even half) and still afford money for gas to go to school, money to pay for my car loan, money for my insurance, gym membership and anything I might need for school. I can barely afford those things, sometimes I need help with gas money which my parents are very nice for doing that for me when I need it. I never ask them for anything unless it's a 100% need and I can't make sacrifices on my own to get what I need.

They will not change what they eat and they will not buy extra the food I need to make my diet very effective. The 100% easiest way to do things in my case would be to keto for as long as I can stand it (I've been in keto for 3 weeks before and it wasn't THAT bad) so maybe 8-10 weeks and then take a break... cycle that a few times and major progress would be made. Basically a PSMF diet which at my bodyfat I could easy shed 10% in the first 4 months.

But every thing they buy and eat is loaded with fat, even more carbs and almost no protein. My dads skinny fat, my moms over weight and my brother is skin and bones but I'm "crazy" when it comes to nutrition.

They tell me that I just need to eat smaller portions. Well boys and girls small portions of carb/fat loaded foods (which you shouldn't eat carbs and fats together anyhow) will leave you starving and under nourished. Ice that "cake" by going to the gym and trying to lift heavy.

So in a perfect world my diet would consist of 80% chicken, one low carb item and the rest in omega 3 fats. In this world I just have to do the best I can and hope it works out.

Mike G
02-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Don't you hunt? How many deer did you get? Venison can replace the chicken for now if you have the meat. What about buying protein? Not that expensive and is a nice way to compliment your diet. Tuna? That's cheap. I understand money is tight, but there are a lot of cheap alternatives if it's a priority. How much does a meal plan at school cost? You could do that and have it paid for in your loan, even if it's just for lunch. Last question, how many times have you tried to convince your parents about eating healthy? They could probably save money with smart shopping and be healthier for it, but I know it's hard to convince parents of things like this.

WBBIRL
02-10-2008, 12:11 PM
I've tried many a times only to be told:

1) I don't know what I'm talking about

2) they don't have to go on a diet, I do

3) it's because I don't do enough exercise*

4) I should buy some walking shoes and walk with my mom at the track

5) I need to eat less, not change what I eat

* I do more exercise in the gym just while lifting then they do in maybe 2-3 days time. I'm in better shape they 2 of the 3 other members in my house and much much stronger then all 3 of them.

They have no idea about nutrition and they won't listen to me.

We got 1 deer... and I had to drag that bastard up over mount everest myself because my dad and uncle were tracking a deer they ended up never finding.

Meal plans are way to expensive. I'll do the best I can until I find a job that will work with my schedule in school and then just do the best I can do.

Mike G
02-10-2008, 02:46 PM
If you lived closer I could give you a ton of venison. I have a freezer full and we haven't gotten the stuff we had processed back yet. Yummy.

WBBIRL
02-10-2008, 03:02 PM
We usually do slaughter up about 4-5 of them, this was just a horrible year =/

WBBIRL
02-11-2008, 08:19 PM
ME Upper

Barbell Bench

135x10
185x5
225x5
275x3
315x3

I think I needed a wee bit of help on the last one.... felt better though. The set at 275 wasn't nearly as heavy.

DB Row

50x10
70x10
100x10

Delt Machine

I did 4 sets

probably something like

40x10
80x10
120x10
160x10 = stack

DB Bench

50x10
70x10
70x10

Weighed ab work. 15 min of cruel HIIT on stair stepper and headed out of there like a fetus.

Took some new pics, said I wouldn't but I had to know what I looked like at 280. I don't know HOW I got to 280 but I do know that the pics would tell me exactly what I put the weight on in.

Check em out for yourselves in the members pics n vids. Any comments welcomed.

I think I'll look good at 230.... opinions on that are welcome as well. I plan on looking like a bad bad man by summer time.

Coke
02-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Keeping strong on the flat bench bro.

Stumprrp
02-12-2008, 08:08 AM
sweet workout man

WBBIRL
02-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Did an hour and a half of cardio on the elliptical, I was drained and sweating bad when I was done.

Tomorrows a ME pull effort.

borracho
02-13-2008, 09:17 AM
fellow fatty...here is some motivation:

The annual santa fe century (100 mile bike ride) is being held Sunday, May 18. Last time I attempted this, I weighed in @ 270lbs and only rode 78 of the 100 miles. This year, I will finish...and I will do every thing in my power to get my fat ass down to 225lbs by then.

The following week there is a ride in Colorado, Durango to Silverton..I think. My fat ass needs to be down to 225lbs for that as it is mostly up hill.

Irl, what will YOU be weighing in at by the third week of may? I will be at 225.

edit:current weight is 248lbs by my bathroom scale

WBBIRL
02-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Scale hasn't move much despite my efforts the last two weeks or so.

A little over a month from now... I should be a little under 270 if I get outa this slump I'm in.

It's for some reason a lot harder then it should be though. I did a lot less cardio when I dropped from 320 to 260.

Todays ME pull

WBBIRL
02-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Barbell Deadlifts

135x10
225x10
315x5
385x5
405x5

Felt good, few more pull sessions should have me right back to my peak and then gaining

Barbell Stepups

45x10
90x10
135x10

Wrist roller with 25 pound plate

3 sets of up then down then the other way up

Good Mornings

90x10
135x10
185x10

Stretched out and did 15 min of cardio...

Today I hit another hour probably on the elliptical.

Coke
02-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Nice job guy, hard at work!!

Stumprrp
02-14-2008, 12:36 PM
good work irl

WBBIRL
02-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Hour on the treadmill yesterday...

I did it like this

10 min walking at 3.5
10 jogging at 5
10 walking at 3.5
10 jogging at 5
10 walking at 3
tried 10 running at 6.5 but calfs started cramping at about 6 min so I lowered it down to 5 and finished up on 5.

Coke
02-16-2008, 07:52 AM
Excellent cardio training dude.

mickyjune26
02-17-2008, 07:06 PM
That sucks with the parents. Too bad you can't print off some articles and have them read'm. Sounds like they wouldn't read them even if you did.

You are still a strong dude. Keep it up!

DoUgL@S
02-17-2008, 11:51 PM
We are rooting for you.

That sucks with the parents. Too bad you can't print off some articles and have them read'm. Sounds like they wouldn't read them even if you did.

You are still a strong dude. Keep it up!

Don't encourage the parent blaming.

WBBIRL
02-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks guys. I appricate all the support, even the doubters. Somethings those who say I can't or won't are my strongest motivation.

Todays workout was ****TY. Felt fine all day long and get in the gym to find my shoulders are like taking the day off or something. Something went amiss in the first few bench sets and from there on it just went downhill. It wasn't the day I needed, but I got it done.

ME Bench

135x10
185x5
225x5
275x5
315x1.5

Shoulders just gave up on me, fatigue so bad I couldn't lock the second rep out. No idea why either I felt fine all day long.

DB Bench

50x10
50x10
70x10

Weighted AB work

DB Row

50x10
70x10
70x10
80x10

Rear Delt machine

100x15
100x15
135x15
135x15

These WRECKED my shoulders, they felt almost numb afterwards.

Did half an hour on the elliptical. It was supposed to be an hour but I could just feel something was wrong and wasn't going to press my luck.

Coke
02-19-2008, 05:57 AM
No need in doubting here, I'm sure you got the integrity to do what you plan to do man...session is ace.

Stumprrp
02-19-2008, 08:23 AM
got it done man

WBBIRL
02-20-2008, 04:53 PM
ME lower

Barbell Squat

135x10
185x5
225x5
275x5
335x5

These felt good, no box and to parallel. More explosive out of the hole with these. Hip flexibility is improving.. issue with leaning slightly only came up in the last two reps of the last set. I think it's due to flexibility or a weakness in the hip.

GM's

85x10
135x10
185x10
185x10

BB Stepups onto bench

95x10
95x10
135x10

these were rough, hammies were dead from the squatting + GM's

Plate Pinching work

Coke
02-21-2008, 05:45 AM
Awesome session throughout guy.

Mike G
02-21-2008, 06:12 AM
Why do you keep flat benching for your ME day? I think that has a lot to do with you stalling out on it the last few sessions. I don't think you need to switch every week, but go for two or three weeks and then switch. If you keep using the same exercise for your max effort, eventually you will burn out and it looks like that is happening.

WBBIRL
02-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Flat bench is going to go away for a week or two. I think I'm going to hit some ME close grips and some floor presses

Skillz
02-21-2008, 01:00 PM
I seen sum of yo pics n I like the progress u've made n yo work outs look solid, dude. Keep doin wat u do.

WBBIRL
02-25-2008, 08:36 PM
So I know that something needs to change, mainly my willpower but a few other things here and there. I gotta get more sleep at night, I have to be able to say no 100% of the time and not just when I'm able to resist (70% of the time now).

I don't think my training has to change much, I want to adopt a little bit different of a lifting approach. I don't feel squatting once every other week is going to cut it for me. Even if I were eating at maintance I don't think I'd favor West Side for skinny bastards over a full blown Westside routine. I'll think it over for a little while tomorrow. Diet wise I just need to cut back a tiny bit and start tracking. I'd love to do a keto diet, we'll see what happens with that but either way I can cut with any food selections. I've even come to terms with the excuses I've been making.

ME Upper

Rack Lockouts

225x10
315x5
365x5
365x5
365x4

Tri's just gave up... fatiuge set in and I think I had the racks set a little too low... pressing that weight dead was hard as hell.

Incline DB Bench

55x10
65x10
75x10
90x10

No 85's in our gym, set felt good but 90 may be a bit much for an assistance movement. For now anyways.

Bent Over BB Rows

135x10
185x10
185x10
225x8

Harder then I thought, the back pumped up and then just about cramped up... not used to it. These really hammer the back good. I'll stick with em a while.

Rear Delt Machine

60x10
80x10
120x10
140x10

Weighted Ab's

Decline situps with 45 pound plate

45x25
45x25
45x25
45x25

That was it, weighed out at 275. I've spent 3 months trying to cut and the only real reason I can't call them a complete failure is that I've learned what I'm doing so far won't work. I aimed back in january to hit 250 but now and I've managed to lose 5 of the 30 pounds. Thats a pretty big flop.

I know I need to get more sleep, to stay on top of hydration better and more to the point to focus on my diet. It's 95% of my problem.

So instead of setting some crazy goal of 230-240 by june which I had set in January, I'll reset my goal of 30 pounds in 3 months. At the weight I'm at thats a grade A 100% modest goal to set. Then I'll take it from there, pushing the winter bulking crap out of my head and steadily cutting until I'm around 12% bodyfat. If and only if I get that low will I think about a bulk

Coke
02-26-2008, 06:05 AM
The best thing you can do is stay active and keep working out, that includes the weightlifting and cardio.

Very nice effort bro.

WBBIRL
02-28-2008, 10:09 AM
So yesterday I pulled

ME Lower

Barbell Deadlifts

225x10
295x5
365x5 (friend failed at 2)
425x5 (friend never budged it)
450x3

Thought I'd get 5 without much problem. My belt did break loose on the third rep and I lost concentration... it was a soft type belt but it did help when it stayed on. Friend told me he could hang with me on DL's and now he says he's going to catch me soon. If I bring my A game I think I'll be able to pull 500 in 8-10 weeks. He struggled badly with 365.

Leg Curls

40x10
60x10
100x10
120x10

DB Holds

100x 2 min
100x 2 min
100x 2 min

Barbell Stepups

135x10
135x10
135x10

I'm not liking the intensity of this program and that may be for one of two reasons. I'm either not pushing myself like I should be with it or I'm not cutting very hard. Slacking on the cut will make a big difference, as when the calories are lower strength and energy go in the toilet unless you take a lot of supplements which I don't and can't.

I think I'm going to add in one more lift to every day, especially the ME Lower day. I leave the gym and I don't feel like I've done enough.

Stumprrp
02-28-2008, 10:20 AM
super strong

mickyjune26
02-29-2008, 10:04 AM
man, i respect you're thing strong and cutting. great job dude. Keep at it with the intensity!

WBBIRL
02-29-2008, 01:33 PM
Today will be a RE Upper Day but if I'm keeing this routine I'm jackin the volume up a bit.

If not I'll keep the principle but add a few lifts here and there.

Bupp
02-29-2008, 01:37 PM
The workouts are solid. Great consistency. Get that diet dialed in and you're set!

WBBIRL
02-29-2008, 03:52 PM
Getting that diet dialed in is the final obstacle bro, not knowing but doing. I'm going to give it my best shot, I figure if I do that no one can ask more of me.

RE Upper

Barbell Bench

135x10
135x10
185x20
185x20
185x15

gassed, the short rests and high rep's made this a BITCH lol

DB Shoulder press

50x15
60x15
70x15

Rope Pushdowns

120x10
120x10
150x10
150x10

DB Hammers

20x10
30x10
40x10

Lat Pulldowns

100x12
100x12
120x12
120x12

Good workout, felt good.

Coke
03-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Damn good session with high reps man.

WBBIRL
03-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks cokeman, re thinking the workout schedule as we speak. The intensity isn't bad, I think the volume needs to be upped a bit. I will also be squatting every week now instead of every other week, pulling convo from the floor may stay at every other week.

TheLion
03-02-2008, 03:31 PM
do work

WBBIRL
03-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Today wasn't bad...

ME UPPER

Incline Barbell Bench

135x10
185x5
225x5
245x5
275x3 wanted five but I was done at 3... havent gone heavy in a free weight incline in forever... we just got this new bench and I like it

DB Bench

65x10
75x10
90x10

Bent Over BB Rows

135x10
185x10
225x10
225x10

Rear Delt Machine

100x15
100x15
140x15
140x15

Weighted ab work

I got some crystal light to replace the gatorade... which tastes amazing to me... peach tea tastes soo good and it has zero carbs with only 5 calories per 8 oz. I'll be using that from now on... I got things down pretty decently. Indiviually I've been able to do all the things I need to do... now I just have to bring them all together. For now my goal is just to be consistant for a few weeks.. rather then putting some huge weight loss goal on the table I just want to get it done for 6-8 weeks without screwing up.

Thats step 1... well step 1.5, step 1 is replacing this workout as it doesn't leave me as whooped when I leave the gym as I'd like to be.

bigmoney
03-03-2008, 11:20 PM
hell of a workout, keep focused on that weight loss!

WBBIRL
03-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Damn haven't come up with something good yet, so I hit a ME Upper monday and a ME Lower today.

BB Squat

135x10
185x10
225x10
275x5
315x5
365x5
365x5 three deep breaths between each rep, making sure to get deep.

SLDL's

135x10
225x10
275x10

Grip Training

Herclues hold with the cable station

150lbs each hand x 1 min

180lbs each hand x 1 min

225lbs each hand x 45 seconds

Seated Leg Raises

3 sets of 15 with like 100 pounds, slow tempo

Not exactly sure how I'm going to change up my stuff even yet, but I know I still want a split and not a full body thing. The baddest boys on the block don't train full body workouts.

Coke
03-07-2008, 06:33 AM
Solid lifting, especially with them inclines and squats.

Stumprrp
03-07-2008, 06:53 AM
good work irl

borracho
03-07-2008, 07:02 AM
nice inclines dude...I would be happy to get 185 once on incline...BB inclines hate my shoulders...er, vice versa.

Your page 7 is now my bitch. ;)

WBBIRL
03-13-2008, 12:59 AM
We'll I've been slacking with the ole journal

I've been hitting the iron still... heres the latest

Barbell Deadlift

135x10
225x10
295x10
365x8
405x5

Friend did some weird sets... failed at 295 three times in a row so I pounded out ten.. went to 365 and then finished with 405

Dumbell rows

50x10
80x10
100x10
100x10

Seated Low Row

140x10
140x10
180x10

Ab work

Focus was mainly on the back, did some cardio and got on out of there.

Weighing 270 now.... fitting into 2X pretty good. Bought some new polo shirts that fit great and look really good on my.. I fill those arms out though..... not to sure a XL will ever be possible.

I scored 10 pounds of protein for $75 at GNC.... $35 for 5 pounds. I'll be using that a lot to help correct the diet a bit.

Another huge motivational factor is lately I've been getting a lot more attention from women and some pretty good looking ones too. Not sure exactly what it is but I'm not complaining. If I'm getting this kind of attention now... I can't imagine what would happen once I dropped a solid 50 pounds.

I know they say you shouldn't lift to get chicks, but hell being sexy is always a good thing

Coke
03-13-2008, 06:22 AM
If I'm getting this kind of attention now... I can't imagine what would happen once I dropped a solid 50 pounds.

Some of 'em will start beating your door down soon enough - :D ...keep on track with the diet and cardio.

WBBIRL
03-13-2008, 03:48 PM
Some of 'em will start beating your door down soon enough - :D ...keep on track with the diet and cardio.

Thanks mang

Today I owned a solid hour of cardio, felt whooped when I left. Drank a protein shake before, I had 2 after and I'll drink one before bed. Protein should be around 220g today.

Stumprrp
03-13-2008, 04:01 PM
lost 10 lbs, good job IRL.

borracho
03-17-2008, 03:42 PM
dude, did you get lost in the ****ter?

edit: I forgot to say congrats on subtracting 10lbs from yourself, good game dude.

Unholy
03-17-2008, 03:54 PM
Good work you sexy beast!

WBBIRL
03-17-2008, 05:21 PM
lost 10 lbs, good job IRL.

thanks mang

dude, did you get lost in the ****ter?

edit: I forgot to say congrats on subtracting 10lbs from yourself, good game dude.

not lost, just haven't been updating

Good work you sexy beast!

damn skippy pauly

So I've come to realize that unless you consider my mild success with weightlifting and being good at video games I'm really successful at nothing. I've head in quite a few different places that success breeds success and I realize now that I have to pick a goal I honestly think I can attain and then get there. Not only for the physical changes but to improve success in all other areas of my life. I've started half a dozen journals, talked a big game and got almost nowhere.

The last time I made major progress when was when a friend challenged me. The challenge was a race to be the first to lose 50 pounds, the stakes were a free camping trip to the winner. I won big time.

The same friend has issued another challenge in the form of a monetary bet. $200 says I won't drop 50 pounds in 5 months time. It's on like mother ****en donkey kong boys and girls.

For right now I won't complicate things any more then they need to be.

5g fish oil daily, 1 1/2 gallons water, mutli vitamin, 200g protein, 1800-2000 calorie range, heavy lifting mixed with cardio and 8 hours of sleep daily

I'm very sure that formula will get me started off pretty good. I don't doubt I could be as low as 250 in a months time, giving me 4 more to drop 30 pounds.

I know at some point I will PSMF, but for at least this first month keeping it simple makes it as easy as possible for me to stay focused and make good progress. I think the first month will be the ultimate test... if I can conquer this first month that $200 is mine.

WBBIRL
03-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Did another hour of cardio today, upper body is sore from yesterdays workout.

borracho
03-19-2008, 07:07 AM
nothing like a good challenge to motivate you

WBBIRL
03-20-2008, 03:53 PM
nothing like a good challenge to motivate you

I'm challenging myself as well. I say I have great potential strength and physique wise.. now I'm making myself prove it. Free camping trip is just the icing on the cake, as well as the $200 :)

Felt like grade A ass today, like ass that was put in a blender and then left outside in the sun for several days. Throat is sore and my left knee feels like I tried to write my name in the middle of the road with it... very weird since I haven't drank in almost two weeks.

I still went and did 45 min of cardio though.

WBBIRL
03-22-2008, 12:14 PM
F Wording sick :(

On the bright side I've been unable to eat more then 1500 calories a day due to how sore my throat is. Been drinking plenty of water though, so if I am down weight when I return to the gym it wont be because I'm dehydrated.

WBBIRL
03-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Got in the gym today, did an allover workout to shake the rust back off.

BB Benchpress

135x10
185x10
185x10

Tricep Rope Pushdowns
90x20
120x20
120x20

Lat Pulldowns

100x12
120x12
120x12

Seated Shoulder Machine Press

130x10
150x10
170x10

Seated Row

100x15
100x15
150 (Stack) x15

Lying Leg Curls

40x10
80x10
100x10

Leg Press

4PPS X10
6PPS X10
6PPS X10

Sweating after all that, mainly because I'm out of shape and still only about 90% from being so sick. Weighed in at 265... been keeping the carbs low and the water intake high without really being able to eat a lot.

Got about 3 months till summer officially. I know I'm not going to be as lean as I'd like, but I'd like to be a lot leaner then I am.

Gotta start getting more sleep too, life has been wearing me out lately.

WBBIRL
04-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Today was another step forward, the first of many many more.

Barbell Squats

135x10
185x15
185x15
185x15

Calf Raises done on leg press machine

6PPSx20
8PPSx20
10PPSx20

Weighed AB crunch machine

40x15
40x15
40x15
40x15
40x15

Leg Press

4PPSx15
6PPSx15
6PPSx15

Leg Curls

60x10
60x10
100x10
100x10

Zerchers

135x20
135x20
135x20

For almost all the lifts today I took a different tempo. I slowed up lowering the weights and pressed faster. That with the high volume had my ass good and kicked today.

On another note, I'm damn fat... I've realized that no matter how good I look for my weight that being fat is being fat. I've been basically trying to argue that I was one of the worlds tallest midgets you know.

So thats it for now, re thinking my routine has taken forever. I think I wanna go with a little more volume then I have been for a few reasons.

TheLion
04-03-2008, 05:37 AM
make sure you're eating right

Coke
04-03-2008, 05:47 AM
Keep on track bro...the body is forced to restructure when we work for it.

borracho
04-03-2008, 01:56 PM
looking good dude...nice workout considering you're coming out of an illness.

Organichu
04-11-2008, 02:39 AM
fitting into 2X pretty good. Bought some new polo shirts that fit great and look really good on my.. I fill those arms out though..... not to sure a XL will ever be possible.

I don't want to post in your journal to rip on you or anything but I think this statement is pretty untrue. I know you say that you have a lot of LBM (and I agree, you are a solidly built guy under the fat), but the "I'm a brick house with a thin layer of fat" thing isn't going to fly. By your own admission, most of your fat is in your upper body- if you lose 50 lbs of pure fat, you're not going to rip apart an XL shirt like the hulk.

Now that I've put in my $.02, good luck with all of your progress. :)

WBBIRL
04-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Most of my fat is in my gut.... I may lose 4-5 iches max on my chest if I drop 50 pounds. I have very little fat on my legs as well... seems from about the hips to just above my stomach is where I hold the majority of my fat.

I don't think the width of my shoulders would ever allow for an XL to fit, but I won't know for sure until I get as lean as possible.

So it's summer time, I've been lifting and keeping the diet in check. I'm down about 10 more pounds since the last time I posted, but I can see it more in the mirror then anything. I've been running uphill through the woods with a friend.. not really all out running but more like hitt in the great outdoors. It's whooping my ass good. In 3 months time I will be considerably leaner then I am now. Especially because now were cooking out more often and that means a lot more chicken and steak and a lot less fast food takeout.

I saw a guy at the gym the other day who I played football with. He was 2 years behind me, the guy was always a skinny little twerp. Now he's about 185 pounds about 5'9 and can't be more then 10%. His physique really pisses me off... I want it so bad. To put a stranglehold on the right methods and determination would have me being that lean but a good 25 pounds heavier then he is. It's made me despise junkfood to no end. If anything else seeing how much he's changed has given me the most motivation anything has so far.

Coke
04-25-2008, 05:51 AM
... I'm down about 10 more pounds since the last time I posted.

That is great news man.

WBBIRL
04-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Tomorrow in my free time I need to seriously sit down and get some type of plan together as far as the workouts go. The nutrition aspect is under control, I've decided to 100% give up drinking even though it's summer time : ( but I gotta do what I gotta do. I just need the workouts back in order.

Barbell Benchpress

135x10
185x10
225x8
275x5
275x5

DB Hammers

20x10
30x10
40x10

BB Shrugs in the power cage

135x10
225x10
315x10
315x10

Seated Shoulder Press

30x10
40x10
50x10
60x10
60x10

Close grip tricep pushdowns

90x10
120x10
150x10
150x10

Incline Bench

135x10
185x5
225x5
225x5

Been missing days for no reason and that has to stop, especially if I'm ever going to get my number to anything respectable. I also need to get to like 200 pounds, I'll be damn happy if I can get there. Tracking seems to be the only way to make any progress so I gotta start meticulously writing down everything I eat and drink. Otherwise I severely underestimate just how much I'm eating and make little to no progress.

borracho
04-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Nice pressing dude...keep it up.

WBBIRL
05-05-2008, 04:21 PM
Nice working all around today, I'm proud of myself.

Barbell Benchpress

135x10
185x10
225x10
250x10

Incline Bench

135x10
185x10
225x8
225x8

Seated Machine Shoulder Press

120x10
140x10
160x10
180x10

Pec Dec

60x10
80x10
120x10
140x10

BB Skull Crushers

50x10
50x10
80x10
80x10

For the first time in a long time I actually want to be in the gym, instead of just telling myself that. Now I think things will get done. On a side note, this white boy really needs a tan. It helps by making me look like less of a marshmellow.

Stumprrp
05-05-2008, 10:03 PM
sweet chest/shoulder/tri workout irl

Coke
05-06-2008, 06:03 AM
Solid push day sets dude.

WBBIRL
05-06-2008, 10:05 AM
I was really thinking out my routine. I had no idea what I want to do but I do believe that I have the perfect idea now.

I'm gonna do a full blown west side routine trying to incorporate some cardio where I can. I want to lose like 2 pounds per week (at least, but I'll be happy with that) for the next few months. Ideally I'd like to be around 200-210 pounds before my next birthday. I also want my power to be at least at my old best but I think I can get it higher.

The rough outline as far as the routines I'm going to follow go something like this. In my theory I can use westside nicely while trying to cut. Even if I don't expereinece a lot of strength gains it will allow me to feel out the routine and see how I like it and if I want to make any minor tweaks to it. Then after the 5 months if I make enough progress I can start a DC routine to add on 10-15 pounds of muscle over the winter. Then come next spring I would start another westside but this time eating at or slightly above maintance working hard to make good strength gains.

If all goes according to plan I should go from what I am now:

5'10
260 lbs
20+% bodyfat

450/350/500 S/B/D

to

5'10
215-225
~ 12% bodyfat
550/400/600 S/B/D

Those are big changes to try and acomplish but I think that with a years worth of hard work I can be there.

I've also done a lot of reading on certain things. The biggest being ephedrine, caffiene, Yohimbe, and CLA.

I've read that even if it really doesn't do anything substantial (which over five months it would probably net me around 7 pounds of extra fat loss) it has been shown to reduce the loss of lean body mass while cutting. Yohimbe, CLA, and green tea extract have all been proven to be good fat burners.

I was thinking of doing and E/C/Yhm stack, supposedly dollar for dollar the best thermogenic you can buy. But I also have to think that at this point in time I really don't need that stuff. I think I could use the money much more then the 7 pound loss. If anything I was thinking of using the ephedra and CLA.

borracho
05-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Looks like you have a solid grasp on how you'd like to achieve your goals..now, go grab it like it was Natalie Portman bending over to pick up a quarter off the floor!

WBBIRL
05-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Barbell Deadlift

135x10
225x10
225x10
315x10
405x5

Seated Low Cable Row

120x10
140x10
160x10
200x6

Squats

135x10
225x10
315x5
365x5
405x5

GM's

135x10
185x8
225x5
225x5

Machine Row

100x10
120x10
140x10

I know it wasn't a high volume (or intensity day) but I wanted to hit the legs and back up a little bit, friday is DE upper and then monday I start my westside routine.

I'll post it up and see what advice people have to offer.

Coke
05-09-2008, 05:49 AM
Looking strong on those lifts guy.

Bupp
05-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Good job on the workouts. How is the $200 bet coming along?

WBBIRL
05-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Good job on the workouts. How is the $200 bet coming along?

We'll he's offically extended it to the 9th month of the year known as September.

I'm pretty sure I can make it, even if I had to lose 50 from here because I'm fat as it is.

I'm going to spend the $200 on new clothes that I'll no doubt need after losing all the weight, clothes barely fit me anymore that I used to wear.

We're starting westside on monday. We've made a plan, a deal (swearing off drinking and cheating on the diet) and set a time frame.

I want to get my bodyweight to about 200-210 pounds while:

Keeping/getting my bench to 405
Keeping my deadlift at or over 500 pounds
Getting my squat up to 500 pounds no box

His main goal is to reduce his bodyfat into single digits, I'll be running a carb cycle diet for him since I know how they work.

Got a lot of new **** to get out there too, but I'll wait until tomorrow after the first westside workout.

WBBIRL
06-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm now into my fourth week on the west side and it's easily 3 times harder then I imagined such a routine would be. I leave the gym feeling whooped and sweating like a dog after every workout, they just pound your body like you wouldn't believe.

I've lost some weight.

Thats all the information I wish to give at this time. I still keep track of **** and I'm lifting 4 days a week as per the routine with little bits of cardio before the ME and DE upper days.

I plan on making full updates, measurements and pictures in about 4 months when we finish west side and start DC.

I think we're all in a for a big surprise

TheLion
06-05-2008, 05:34 PM
good job dood. let me see those nipples

WBBIRL
06-05-2008, 09:35 PM
good job dood. let me see those nipples

You'll get the full pose down when I've made adequate progress.

Coke
06-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Sounds good in here bro, doing your thing and getting to a whole new level.

Unholy
06-06-2008, 09:31 AM
How much do you weight now. Start posting that **** every time you weigh yourself.

WBBIRL
06-09-2008, 04:31 PM
A small taste for you boys n girls.

I'm still doing west side, im week 4 now and I'm going for 20 before I switch to DC. The 20 weeks aren't set in stone, I'll see if I'm lean enough then to warrant stopping the cut.

Speed Bench Day

Speed Floor Press

205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3
205x3

Elbows in DB extentions

40x10
40x10
40x10

Lat Pulldowns
100x10
100x10
100x10
100x10

Close Grip 3 Board Bench

205x5
205x5
205x5

DB Arnold Press

20x8
20x8
20x8

West side is hard ****, with the loading protocols and the short rest periods. Speed work is harder then I would've given it credit for.

Coke
06-10-2008, 05:39 AM
Keep pressing on to the goal man.

borracho
06-10-2008, 07:07 AM
looks good dude..keep it up..I bet the speed bench is hard but rewarding work.

WBBIRL
06-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Speed work is ALOT harder then almost anyone who hasn't done it would give credit to. Every workout I leave the gym whooped and sweating and this is a PL'ers routine lol. It works your body hard, smart and effectively... very good GPP for all but the people who do lots and lots of cardio stuff.

I've added a new goal, I'm shooting for a 1500 pound raw total and thinking I can get there in about 8-10 months. Once I'm done with the cut I should sit at about 215 pounds and then I'm doing another program designed for maximum power gains. I wish to total 2000 pounds by the time I hit 23, with gear of course.

WBBIRL
06-13-2008, 04:44 PM
One little tid bit from todays ME upper since I'm stoked about it.

I nailed 315 on floor press and had a lot more left in the tank, it went up fast. I'm lovin this westside!

fooz
06-13-2008, 04:55 PM
your strong man, damn.!

WBBIRL
06-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks bro, trying to get serious with my training and start making some long overdue progress.

Organichu
07-15-2008, 10:00 AM
I've added a new goal, I'm shooting for a 1500 pound raw total and thinking I can get there in about 8-10 months. Once I'm done with the cut I should sit at about 215 pounds and then I'm doing another program designed for maximum power gains. I wish to total 2000 pounds by the time I hit 23, with gear of course.

Bah? What's the breakdown on that 1,500?