PDA

View Full Version : almost busted a nut box squatting today...

jdeity
12-01-2007, 05:04 PM
NO! Not in that way you friggin pervs :bash: :bash:

I've *never* box squatted before, never really had a good opportunity. Now that I've got my new setup, I realized I can use igloo coolers (of which I have 3 of varying heights, so that's pretty cool) to do box squats.

So, I'm starting them up, doing bar only for warmups/form, start adding some pounds, and as soon as I got to something that was quasi-heavy, and couldn't gingerly seat myself on that box, I started sitting on one of my, ahem, you know. I was able to shift the weight w/o hurting my back and w/o crushing the lil guy, but am I missing something here? I mean, should I be wearing tighty whiteys or somethign? Just the motion of moving back into it was kind of making me 'swing', so to speak, into a position where I almost crushed one. And that would've sucked more than anything in my life :whazzup:

Does this sound like I'm leaning into the box wrong, or that I just need to wear tight boxers or briefs if box squatting?

<<<BTW I LOVE box squatting, wish I'd come up with a practical way of doing this before!!>>

Bako Lifter
12-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Hahahah, I read the title wrong. I was like WTF?! Haha, guess I'm a perv.

That's never happened to me, I wear boxer briefs though.

jdeity
12-01-2007, 05:24 PM
bako - I just looked at your journal, your PR's on squat/dead/bench are almost IDENTICAL to mine when I weighed ~165. I'm mid 40's now and building back up, can't wait to start nailing those again!!

jdeity
12-01-2007, 05:24 PM
oh and that title was supposed to imply that lol, it's only those with dirty minds who would see it haha!

RhodeHouse
12-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I think you answered your own question. wear some tighter boxers or compression shorts.

jdeity
12-01-2007, 05:40 PM
coolness, will do.

I **** you not - half an inch further and I'd be out of this game for so long it wouldn't even be funny (who am I kidding, it'd be funny as hell to everyone, just not me lol!).

1mmort4l
12-01-2007, 06:25 PM
oh and that title was supposed to imply that lol, it's only those with dirty minds who would see it haha!

I cant for the life of me workout a different way of reading the title..
I read it as it is... :?

Man, i would wear Tighties... Imagine sitting on one of your mates with 300+ on your back! Damn!

Isaac Wilkins
12-02-2007, 01:06 AM
Probably because you tried to land on the box.

;)

Chubrock
12-02-2007, 07:07 AM

;)

Hahahahaha. But Louie says that is how it's supposed to be...

jdeity
12-02-2007, 07:22 AM

;)

:hump: :hump:

I was new at box squatting, approached it the only way I knew how :p