PDA

View Full Version : Time to beef up....16 year old

Vicioustorms
12-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Ok i decided to start a journal because I know i can gain more weight in a shorter time period. I gained about 8-9kg in about 6 months. I am 61.8-62.0 kg (136-137 pounds) and 1.78m (5'8"). I turned 16 on 9th october so i suppose i'm closer to 15 than i am to 17. I want to be about 70kg by the end of february...so basically i want to beef up. I used to go to gym with my dad but he doesn't go anymore so i use the free weights at home. I'm getting a new gym membership for christmas :evillaugh:, which is going to be great because i'm used to the gym. anyway...

I want any volunteering journal followers to track my progress with me and tell me if i'm doing everything right, if i should change anything etc. I will be starting from tomorrow, this is my weekly excercise routine:

Monday:
Situps x3
Bench Press x3
Shoulder Shrugs x3
Barbell Curls x5

Tuesday: Rest

Wednesday:
Situps x3
Deadlift x3
Barbell Calf Raises x3

Thursday: Rest

Friday:
Situps x3
Bench Press x3
Shoulder Shrugs x3
Barbell Curls x5

Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Rest

I have a protein shake with full cream milk after each workout. My protein shake is USN Muscle Fuel Dynamic - Optimise Muscle Growth.

Nutritional Information Per Shake (Two scoops):
Energy: 412 kcal
Protein: 53g
Carbohydrates 32g
Fat: 4g (2g as MCT)

My daily menu usually consists of:
Breakfast - Oats and an apple
after breakfast i don't really have a set time for when to eat next, i just eat even if i'm not hungry but not enough to make me feel sick.
probably something like: 12 slices of brown bread with tuna, peanut butter, and corn beef, usually with a glass of milk when i have 4 slices during the course of the day.
then something before dinner like an apple or something then for dinner: meat with vegetables, rice etc and a glass of milk ( i cant drink too much milk though, its expensive)

then about 2 slices of bread with peanut butter and a small glass of milk before i go to bed...

sorry for the long post, i thought it was necessary.
ok ready to go, tomorrow is mine.:evillaugh:

mickyjune26
12-02-2007, 10:33 AM
If you want to ensure you real your goals, you'll want to consider tracking your exact calories at www.fitday.com. Not tracking my cals made me fail in my goals over and over and over....and over....for a year. What a waste.

Started tracking calories and BAM! after 4 weeks my weight had gone up substantially and my strength shot through the roof.

How many reps are you doing on the all your lifts?
you may want to throw some more leg exercises, such as Straight-Legged Deadlifts.

Vicioustorms
12-02-2007, 10:47 AM
thanks for the site...how many calories should i be consuming though to gain weight?

bench press: warm up with bar
1st set: 66lb - 20 reps
2nd set: 105lb - 10 -12 reps
3rd set: 105 lb - 10 - 12 reps

shoulder shrugs:
3 sets 20kg in each hand 6 reps.

barbell curls:
1st set: 55lb - 15 reps
2nd set: 66 lb - 6-8 reps
3rd set: 72 lb - 4-6 reps

deadlifts i do 105 lb, 3 sets, 8 reps, same with calf raises. the bar weighs 11 lb if it makes any difference. i can lift more on most excercises but i only have 105lb worth of free weights till i go to gym.

mickyjune26
12-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Multiply your bodyweight (in pounds) x 15. If your metabolism is high change 15 to 17. If it's low, change 15 to 13.

This number is your maintenance calorie count. Mine is aroudn 3300 calories.

Then take that number and add 500 calories for the bulk. For me, this means a total of 3800 calories.

If you are gaining too quickly (fat) then cut back 200 calories. If you aren't gaining, add 200 calories.

Vicioustorms
12-02-2007, 11:53 PM
ok i worked out i should be eating 2312 calories and 2512 for the bulk...but i'm sure i'm eating wayyy more than that everyday...so what should i do?

I don't want to cut down on what i eat if i'm going to lose weight and i don't want to eat too much and gain unecessary fat. I only want to gain about 8-9kg max which will make me look much beefier because i already have muscle but just a small frame.

also some of the foods i eat are not on fit day and on the nutritional information of the cans or packets it only says the KJ, Protein, Fat, Carbohydrates etc not the total Calories.

Vicioustorms
12-04-2007, 11:14 AM
ok, today i had a great workout.

I did: (Weight x Rep.)

Deadlift:
77x17
99x12
105x8
105x8

Barbell Calf Raises:
105x8
105x8
105x8
105x8

love the burning sensation :D

ok so it's 8:20pm and so far i've eaten

oats
4 slices toast with corn beef, glass milk
two slices bread with two eggs, two slices ham, tomatoe
two slices peanut butter bread, apple, glass milk
4 slices bread with tuna
53g protein shake with milk
bacon and egg with 2 slices bread, glass milk

i know thats a crazy ammount of bread...about 8 of those slices are smaller than regular size bread so im sure that makes a difference...but i don't know what else to eat.:zipit:

mickyjune26
12-04-2007, 02:40 PM
ok i worked out i should be eating 2312 calories and 2512 for the bulk...but i'm sure i'm eating wayyy more than that everyday...so what should i do?

I don't want to cut down on what i eat if i'm going to lose weight and i don't want to eat too much and gain unecessary fat. I only want to gain about 8-9kg max which will make me look much beefier because i already have muscle but just a small frame.

also some of the foods i eat are not on fit day and on the nutritional information of the cans or packets it only says the KJ, Protein, Fat, Carbohydrates etc not the total Calories.

First, if you want to be serious an lower your chances of failing in your goals to less than 1%, you'll need to track your diet. I use www.fitday.com. See the "diet" link in the signature.

If your current diet is helping you gain weight, don't change anything. If it's not working, track your diet, then increase the calories by 200.

btw - you add 500 to figure out the bulk, not 200.

Vicioustorms
12-06-2007, 11:18 AM
today I had another great workout....after having a red bull first :D

here's some pics from my session:
http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3268/s6003105mi6.jpg
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/939/s6003104ef6.jpg
(weird i know)
Bench Press:

66lbsx12
105lbsx10
105lbsx10

Dumbell Flys: (15kg in each hand)
66lbsx8
66lbsx6
66lbsx6

Shoulder Shrugs (15kg in each hand)
66lbsx8
66lbsx6
66lbsx6

Barbell Curls:
66lbsx6
66lbsx6
66lbsx6

I'm also trying to substitute bread for other stuff like fish fillets, noodles, potatoes...etc

my current weight is 138 is lbs so i've gained yess..:evillaugh: don't stop till you get enough.

krboyd7
12-06-2007, 11:43 AM
You look lean buddy,pack on the mass and ya will look tops.

Heve you thought about splitting your workouts into body parts yet?

ps i would avoid redbull b4 lifting. The high gi carbs in the drink may give you an energy crash mid workout lol

dusst
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
ha this is like my journal. your like a few weeks ahead of me tho.

jus keep eating and variety is good. your weight fluncuates a lot huh. so does mine

Vicioustorms
02-09-2008, 01:40 PM
I haven't posted here in a while...I have been lacking motivation for the past 2 months and am dissapointed in myself but now i'm finally ready to put my foot on the pedal and do this properly. I am still 137-138lbs. (62kg) I want to know how much weight I should be gaining a week, month...etc I want to be 154lbs (70kg) by the middle of april. I will be going on a clean bulk again consisting of tuna, eggs, peanut butter, cereal, milk, whey protein shake.. Is gaining 500 grams a week a good ammount? I don't mind if i gain a 'bit' of fat.

Vicioustorms
02-10-2008, 12:18 PM
This is what I've eaten today and it's 9:17 pm
1. maize meal cereal
2. 2 slices wheat bread with two eggs + big glass milk
3. 2 tablespoons peanut butter
4. whey protein shake
5. 2 slices bread with peanut butter
6. half can tuna + glass milk
7. 4 slices bread with ham + big glass milk
8. two slices toast with tuna + small glass milk
9. low fat strawberry yoghurt

am i on the right track?...should i have another whey protein shake before i go to bed or just during the day again if i don't feel like eating bread?

i only really drink water and milk, so i'm sure that will help with preventing fat.

pinky8713
02-10-2008, 12:52 PM
What's up dude? Don't give up. Stay on track and you'll meet your goals in no time.

You're on the right track with the diet. You're main concern is eating as much as you can. I'd have another whey protein shake before bed like you said for the extra calories and protein. You should track your diet on fitday.com like someone else suggested. Then we'd know exactly how many calories you're consuming.