PDA

View Full Version : Shepards Pie

cphafner
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm tired of tacos, meatloaf, and Hamburger Helper, so I switched things up today.

1. Make mashed potatos (you guys can figure that out).

2. Brown some beef with onions.

3. Cook carrots and peas (mine were frozen).

4. Drain the beef. Add beef broth, ketchup, and the veggies. Stir together.

5. Place the beef mixture on the bottom of a loaf pan. Put the potatos on top. Back @ 375 for 20 minutes or so.

Simple and easy. You can really mix any thing in this you want (just like a meatloaf).

VikingWarlord
12-02-2007, 07:24 PM
I JUST made Shepherd's Pie on Friday. I used corn and peas instead of peas and carrots.

I also covered the top with shredded sharp cheddar before putting it in the oven.

cphafner
12-02-2007, 07:49 PM
I JUST made Shepherd's Pie on Friday. I used corn and peas instead of peas and carrots.

I also covered the top with shredded sharp cheddar before putting it in the oven.

I forgot to buy cheddar. It was in my original plans. I had peas and carrots in the freezer. The nice thing is you can really do whatever you want. It's just a big mush of foods.

VikingWarlord
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Hell yeah. It's kind of like Jambalaya in that you can really add whatever you want and it's all basically the same.

Drained canned veggies work well too, and they take less time to warm up.

BBB
12-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Shepard's Pie.....hmmmmmmmmm.

Hatred
12-03-2007, 11:50 AM
I LOVE shepherds Pie. Send me some.

Keith
12-03-2007, 12:25 PM
I made sheppards pie a lot last winter. It's awesome. Now I'm onto a new recipe, chilly, that I love that I'll post soon. It's killer.

drew
12-03-2007, 12:31 PM
OK, I'm definitely making a shep pie now. I haven't had it in a while. Love that stuff.

Hatred
12-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I made sheppards pie a lot last winter. It's awesome. Now I'm onto a new recipe, chilly, that I love that I'll post soon. It's killer.

Post a recipe for Chili, too.

Keith
12-03-2007, 01:09 PM

I'll do that tonight including the macros.

VikingWarlord
12-03-2007, 04:00 PM

Pfft...if you need a recipe for chili, you need to get out of the kitchen.

VikingWarlord
12-08-2007, 11:12 AM
I have made an important discovery.

Shepherd's pie is the PERFECT food for the morning after a drinking binge. It's amazingly easy to make when you're drunk or hung over and it already kind of looks like vomit, but tastes better.

My hat tips to you, Mr. cphafner, for starting this thread.

cphafner
12-08-2007, 11:18 AM
I have made an important discovery.

Shepherd's pie is the PERFECT food for the morning after a drinking binge. It's amazingly easy to make when you're drunk or hung over and it already kind of looks like vomit, but tastes better.

My hat tips to you, Mr. cphafner, for starting this thread.

I'm glad it helped some people out. I'll be cooking it again tomorrow for my Monday/Tuesday lunches.

After a long time of just grilled chicken, rice, and green beans I am looking to expand my bulking options.