PDA

View Full Version : Diet to consume 250+ Grams of Protein

Commute
12-03-2007, 12:14 PM
Hello All,

I am new here, but wanted to get some insight as to how to up my protein intake.

I am 6'4'' 250-255 (depending on the day) and am having trouble getting to the 1.0-1.5 grams of protein per body pound.

I currently break my eating down as follows:

Meal 1 (6:00AM) Breakfast bar - 10g
2 hour commute to work
Meal 2 (9:00AM) Pure Protein bar - 32g
Meal 3 (11:30AM) Chicken/Tuna - approx. 40g
Meal 4 (3:00PM) Isopure shake - 50g
2 hour commute home
Meal 5 (7:00PM) New Whey liquid protein - 42g
Gym 7:15-9:00 (includes commute)
Meal 6 (9:30PM) Isopure share - 50g

Totals for the day: approx. 224g, still short of my target

I am open to any thoughts or suggestions...

deeder
12-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Is that all you're eating?

Eggs, milk, meat, nuts. These will all add to your daily intake of protein.

Commute
12-03-2007, 12:30 PM
I was only listing sources of protein as I could remember them. I try to eat a vegatable (varies) with my chicken or tuna for lunch.

I also (sometimes) eat cashews at around 5:30 before I board my train to head home.

I am more concerned with where I would even be able to squeeze in more protein consumption as it was my understanding that the body can only absorb so much protein at one time throughout the day. Does anyone know this ratio of protein to time?

I have stayed away from milk as of late... not sure why.

When I eat tuna during the week, I also add some egg-whites, but this is rare.

deeder
12-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Don't worry about when. I think most people around here agree that your body will take what it can get. There's no absorption limit ;)

If you don't have an allergy, mix all your shakes with milk. That'll add a few extra grams. A couple of eggs in the morning will bump that up too.

Keith
12-03-2007, 01:06 PM
I am 6'4'' 250-255 (depending on the day) and am having trouble getting to the 1.0-1.5 grams of protein per body pound.

Totals for the day: approx. 224g, still short of my target

I am open to any thoughts or suggestions...

You are hitting your target, unless you're very, very lean. The target is 1g per pound of LBM, not body weight.

Why so many shakes instead of whole food?

Unreal
12-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Eat more for meal 1, a bar isn't a breakfast. Eggs, cottage cheese, nuts, beef, chicken, fish, milk. Start drinking a cup or more of milk with each meal.

Spartan936
12-03-2007, 01:28 PM
www.fitday.com

Are you forgetting to add the other incomplete protein foods to your total?

sharkall2003
12-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Slim made a very nice shake the other day. It has 80 grams of protein in one shot. Have that in the morning and go from there. If you start off the day strong it's easy to just keep everything in line from there on out.

Commute
12-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Ahhh LBM... I hadn't actually thought of that :bang: . Ok then I am right on track. I will try and work Milk back into my breakfast and stay on track with my other eating.

I eat so many shakes as they are easy to down at work as I spend my life in meetings. When I get home from teh gym, the last thing I want is a full meal. I can't eat during these meetings, but I can drink. I also commute so far that I hesistate to bring food. There is no place to keep it cold or re-heat it.

Bergs
12-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Bring it in a cooler. It's what Matt Kroc does and he's hyuuuge :)

mikey4402
12-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Ahhh LBM... I hadn't actually thought of that :bang: . Ok then I am right on track. I will try and work Milk back into my breakfast and stay on track with my other eating.

I eat so many shakes as they are easy to down at work as I spend my life in meetings. When I get home from teh gym, the last thing I want is a full meal. I can't eat during these meetings, but I can drink. I also commute so far that I hesistate to bring food. There is no place to keep it cold or re-heat it.

I like to use 1gxlbs over 1gXLBM. ALthough your good with your protien intake, a little more wouldnt hurt.

you could deffently eat some more protein durning breakfest, How about some eggs?