PDA

View Full Version : 140 to 175lbs by may - My journal

knolimit
12-03-2007, 12:44 PM
I've decided I am fed up of being so skinny, I've decided by may next year I want to be at least 175lbs.

I have been weight training for about 6 months but now I'm planning on getting really serious. I currently weigh 141lbs and am 6'1 so I'm fairly skinny.

Routine at the moment done 3 days a week:

Squats 5 x 5 - 155lbs
Bench 5 x 5 - 130lbs
Clean and jerk 5 x5 - 115lbs
Rows 5 x 5 - 110lbs

My 1 rep goals for may are:

Squat: 250lbs
Bench: 200lbs
Clean and jerk: 150lbs
Rows: 160lbs

I have just ordered two tubs of vanilla whey and a tub of L-Glutamine so that should be here by thursday.

My diet at the moment consists of:

Breakfast: bowel of oats and two glasses whole milk
Lunch: chicken and cheese quesadilla and two glasses whole milk
3pm: plate of fries and chicken
dinner: chicken sandwhich with fries or pasta and two glasses whole milk

I usually get around 8 glasses of whole milk per day and so far I have gained about 5lbs in a month with it.

Below are some pictures at the moment, I was pulling some funny faces so had to black them out :alcoholic:

I cant seem to post the pictures as it says my post count is zero....even though I have posted some :s

feel free to go through my album in this case

s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff181/npatel89/

GuitarGuru
12-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Looks like a solid workout that will def put on some size/strength with a good diet and lots of rest. You might...defiantly...want to consider throwing deadlifts into your routine. They have helped my strength and size tremendously and im only about a month into serious lifting. Start light and get form down though. Other than that...looks simple and effective...goodluck.

Also if you start to platuea at some point...try mixing up your sets/reps. throw in some 3x8's or 5 4 3 2 1 progressions. Mixing it up is key to always growing and adapting.

Vicioustorms
12-03-2007, 01:09 PM
how old are you? i'm 16 and weigh about 62kg (137lbs) but during the day i weigh 141lbs. i'm 5'8". the thing about us thin guys is it never looks like we have any muscle when we don't flex but we do lol.

anyway you have to eat alot more than you are.. like another guy said in some other forum you should eat until you feel sick (full) then eat again till you're full...etc, so i'm taking his advice because it sounds logical. keep drinking lots of milk but you should eat soon after breakfast, before lunch, after lunch, before dinner and after dinner. try adding peanut butter and tuna into your diet. it's helped me.

this morning i ate oats and straight after i had 4 slices of bread with peanut butter...yes it made me feel very sick but only for 5 minutes lol. also i find it easier to drink water while i'm eating if i'm not hungry, it makes the swallowing easier.

knolimit
12-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Im 6'1 so I definitely look skinny, when in actual fact I'm fairly strong. I have small bones as it is and I hate the fact that my wrists and legs are so small.

The problem with eating is that I'm at college so I have to eat around my class schedule. somedays I can eat loads and others I just feel fed up of constantly eating so much. When Started college in august i was 130lbs so I have gained 11lbs or so which I'm happy with :)

Vicioustorms
12-03-2007, 01:23 PM
thats good i gained alot of weight too i was a skinny bitch like 52kg lol.

GuitarGuru
12-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Yeah im 5'9.5" and only 155 so i feel skinny as well...espcially compared to other college guys and peopel around this site:eek: . But yeah tuna and PB are big gainers. Oh and cottage cheese. If you dont like the stuff...many things you can do to mask it...just do a search on it.

dusst
12-03-2007, 02:27 PM
im 6 2 and 135 pounds, jus started bulking last week. havent noticed any gains, yet. tho at night my stomach always seems bloated, it makes me happy. i rub it.

Vicioustorms
12-03-2007, 02:28 PM
my stomach always looks bloated so it looks like i have a fat stomach from the side O_o

knolimit
12-05-2007, 08:16 AM
OK So I worked out yesterday, was a pretty dismal effort, was really tired and just didn't feel the pump.

I'm Having a real big issue with squats, I just cant seem to do them, i go down but Im not sure if its because I have such skinny bones in my legs or not but I always end up almost falling to one side and then one leg does all the work.

was bloody impressed with my bench though yesterday:

Squat 4 x 5 - 135lbs
Decline Bench 5 x 5 - 145lbs
Cleans 5 x 5 - 115lbs
rows 5 x 5 - 80lbs

I think this full body workout is just destroying my morale and energy levels.

Vicioustorms
12-05-2007, 08:42 AM
try doing squats with a lighter weight maybe?

and it just means one leg is stronger than the other just like my left arm is stronger than my right.

AKMass
12-05-2007, 09:17 AM
I think this full body workout is just destroying my morale and energy levels.

Have you taken a look at the Baby Got Back routine? A lot of people around here like it (including me). Also, anything posted in the Journal section doesn't count toward your post count.