PDA

View Full Version : ill admit im wrong on protien intake, and animalbolics comments

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-12-2002, 12:22 PM
i probably seem to come off here as a know it all but im not, if i feel something is working for me then i preach hard about it. but recently i decided to go from 400 grams of protien a day to my bodywieght in grams of protien around 240 replacing the calories dropped from the protien with carbs (putting the new carbs in my post workout meal) basically the animalbolics diet. 400 grams did work but this diet works much better and faster you dont feel as tired and your more satisfied knowing you can eat like a ton of cereal after you workout, boosting your leptin and thyroid i beleive not shutting it down like those non carb diets.

i would like other people, especially who take in tons of protien to give this diet a shot it works i feel great. its been about a year that ive taken less than 400 grams of protien a day. i also feel the animalbolics diet works best on full body workouts because your are more likely to deplete all your muscle glycogen stores. i look foward to postin new pics, laterzzzzzzzzzz

MRJ
03-12-2002, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the other (1g/1lb.) side, Mr. Cheeks.

Think of all the money you're sav'in not purchasing (Food and powder I'm assuming) all that unnecessary protein ! (Now don't go spend'in it all on other supplements)

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-12-2002, 12:32 PM
hmmm, i will prolly just buy more glutamine. that is like the best supplement eeevvvvvvveeeeerrrrr, and really the only decent supplement i can think of

ElPietro
03-12-2002, 12:42 PM
I guess it must be nice not to require 500g of ex-lax each day now too eh? :D

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-12-2002, 12:49 PM
yup lol. the only way to learn things like this is through trial and error ya know

MRJ
03-12-2002, 12:53 PM
Not sure what Glutamine does, but if it's something used for recovery, maybe REST would suffice.

I too was a 6 x weekly work-out dude until I dislocated my shoulder and couldn't workout. During my time-off I researched the web, text and such looking for a new workout scheme and found an article on overtraining and the stresses it places on the body, etc.

When I recovered from the injury I had to start over from "0" again (went from a 315 bench to 135, oh my aching ego !) and decided to give it a go. I incorporated a high intensity/low frequency methodology into my workout scheme going to 3 x weekly workouts, hitting only major muscle groups 1 x each week , less sets, less exercises and so on, but going to failure each and every time, using strict form, etc.

As it stands I've got better/more growth within the last year as I did in the many years before, have NO injuries and make progress each week. (current bench "no maxing-out" is only back up to 275, but I'm do'in it for 6 reps. with strict form. I weigh 210.)

I'm not really into supplements (except whey) but I'm willing to listen if you've got a good argument.

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-12-2002, 01:05 PM
glutamine increases growth hormone and increases recovery there are proven studies on the web on this.

also about working out i always keep perfect form and i dont let my self get "loose" on a last rep. if i feel i gotta really stuggle for a last rep and sacrifice form i dont do the extra rep, i usually dont go 110 percent on all sets i can usually knock out an extra rep but its not work all that straining and risk of injury

CBates
03-12-2002, 01:08 PM
On this diet do you eat carbs for pre workout? If not, what do you eat for pre workout?

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-12-2002, 01:12 PM
check out my animalbolics diet journal too by the way i just started it. i eat a very small amount of carbs pre workout to help get the insulin going to help jump start it to flush the muscle glycogen out of my muscles during my workout so i can acheive that insulin spike after everyworkout :thumbup:

CBates
03-12-2002, 01:15 PM
Thanks, I'll check the journal out. Right now I'm on like a 50p/30f/20c diet, but wanting to change things up, not getting quite the cutting results as I want. I'm either thinking about trying this diet out or CKD.

MRJ
03-12-2002, 02:29 PM
Mr. Cheeks:

Thanks for the info. re: Glutamine

I've never been much of a supplementer, but if this will increase GH and aid recovery it's worth a look.

I'll check-out some of that information you stated is out there on the web.