PDA

View Full Version : Review the Ultimate Lean Muscle Diet

Leviathan
03-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Ok... maybe it isn't the ULTIMATE lean muscle diet, but I think it is pretty damn good after about 10 revisions.

Still, nothing is ever perfect - so I'd like to hear some opinions. It's attached in Word format and includes the breakdown of each food (took awhile to compile).

MRJ
03-12-2002, 02:42 PM
An opinion:

To much protein (over 400g ?)

To many supplments (whey OK, maybe Glutamine)

To many calories (isn't cutting privy to caloric deficit ?) Unless you were eating a bunch more cals. when bulking, 3400 seems like a lot for a cutting diet. (are you planning on gradually decreasing calories over the next 8-12 weeks ?)

In any event, it seems like you put a lot of work into this diet and if it doesn't meet your needs, you'll figure it out, I'm sure.

Leviathan
03-12-2002, 02:49 PM
Ok, let me clarify. This is not a cutting diet. It is a diet for bulking without putting on fat (i.e putting on lean muscle mass). Hence the name.

As far as supplements, I'm only taking whey isolate, glutamine, and creatine. The Ny-Tro Pro-40s are MRPs - so that is a meal, not a supplement. The only other supplement is an ECA stack (Dymetadrine Xtreme) for pre-workout energy.

I have protein so high because I'm on a 5 day/week training schedule.

That being said, more suggestions?

MRJ
03-12-2002, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the clarification . . . Whenever I hear the word LEAN I assume cutting is the desired effect.

Given all we know, isn't it a bit difficult to add lean mass without gaining some fat in a single operation ?

We'd all love to add lean mass, w/o the fat, but it seems one is contrary to the other. Personally, when I've tried to eat LEAN, but wanted MASS it just didn't work.

Subsequently, I eat for MASS and live with the excess fat during MASS phases. When the time seems right I then change gears eating to gain a LEAN condition. (I don't really cut as I feel my best at about 10% b/f)

Personally, I follow different guidelines that seem to meet my needs, but I'm different than you.

Bottom line is . . . If this diet meets YOUR needs, then it's a good diet.

All any of us can do is pass along our thoughts and maybe a few well intentioned suggestions for consideration and evaluation.

Mr.Buttcheeks
03-12-2002, 06:40 PM
hey bro i workout6- 7 days a week. 2 hours a day i used to be on super high protien but i dropped it down to 1gperpound of bodweight and just added more carbs post workout, you really dont need all that protien i recently switched to a lower amount and havent lost strenght just replace the cals with carbs and try to put MOSTLY all of your carbs post workout. laterzzzzzzzz