PDA

View Full Version : treats for my diabetic father (help me out here)

beaverfootball
12-04-2007, 09:16 AM
he found out he had diabetes earlier this year and has been doing a really good job of sticking to his diet. He went from 210 pounds down to 180 and actually looks really good for a 47 year old.

anyway.. I really want to find a sugar free recipe for those nobake oatmeal cookies that have chocolate and peanut butter and oats in them..

or if you guys have any other ideas im all ears.

i just want to try to find something to take him on x mas that he can't beleive he can eat because its so good and still sugar free.

Bohizzle
12-04-2007, 09:21 AM
most nuts are low in carbs, as well as protein powder... the only problem would be the chocolate. Maybe try using natural PB instead of regular PB, and oats shouldn't be too troublesome, although they are very full of carbs, they are relatively low GI and unless he eats the whole tray of them in one shot, he should be fine. Everything in moderation.

Just to clarify, he's type II correct?

Andrew

beaverfootball
12-04-2007, 09:26 AM
yes he is type II..but he has very good control of it. He has better discipline on his diet than i do. And his job is pretty active as well.

whiteman90909
12-04-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm no expert, but there is diabetic chocolate, isn't there?

http://www.diabeticfriendly.com/

This was the first link that came up on google. I'd say buy some of that, but once again, I'm not sure if it would work or not.

BBB
12-04-2007, 06:52 PM
natty pb, splenda, and heavy whipping cream - mix till thick and then freeze - works as a pb ice cream replacement.

fpr
12-04-2007, 07:02 PM
I'm no expert, but there is diabetic chocolate, isn't there?

http://www.diabeticfriendly.com/

This was the first link that came up on google. I'd say buy some of that, but once again, I'm not sure if it would work or not.

Hey white boy,
where you located in No. VA? Our numbers are nearly identical... I'm looking for some people to start lifting with. I'm in Annandale.

beaverfootball
12-04-2007, 09:36 PM
thanks BBB, that sounds like a good idea

Built
12-04-2007, 10:30 PM
thanks BBB, that sounds like a good idea

Of course it is! :D

BBB
12-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Of course it is! :D

'Cause I got it from you. Divine.

Built