PDA

View Full Version : Attemped back lat spread ~4 months "progress"

berfles
12-04-2007, 02:50 PM
First off, I don't understand how to do these damn things at all so the pose is crap, but I thought I noticed myself getting a little wider. All in my head or do you seem a change in the 4ish months? It's not much, but I think I see something.

Old is left, new is right.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/jfindon/dsd-1.jpg

Bohizzle
12-04-2007, 03:01 PM
big change, keep it up man.

berfles
12-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks man, good to know it wasn't really in my head. I guess it's from being able to do pull-ups now, because I've been flaking on the deads again, fearing of a hernia.

arnoldsclone
12-04-2007, 03:26 PM
your lats definitley look thicker and less flat, keep up the good work you're a beast

CleverName
12-04-2007, 04:03 PM
Aside from your nice lats your arms are looking huge! Keep tearing things up, monster.

WORLD
12-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Yeah nice back. Have you tried doing your lat spread by holding above your waist? You can get a much better effect that way.
Like this:

BFGUITAR
12-04-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeh, hold above your waist and shoot your elbows forward.

berfles
12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah nice back. Have you tried doing your lat spread by holding above your waist? You can get a much better effect that way.
Like this:

Maybe that's what I've been doing wrong, I'll give it a try some time:)

Thanks for the compliments guys. Never been called those things before.

Maj. Office Gut
12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
Looking good, time for a new avy!

growthrep
12-04-2007, 07:13 PM
Thick back and arms are much bigger! Keep doing whatever you're doing.

WBBIRL
12-04-2007, 08:23 PM
I can see a change, but 4 months isn't a lot of time. Give it about 10-12 more and the changes should be very evident.

berfles
12-04-2007, 08:27 PM
I can see a change, but 4 months isn't a lot of time. Give it about 10-12 more and the changes should be very evident.

I know, I just took a picture today for whatever reason and then thought I'd see if I noticed any change from my last picture which happened to be from 4 months back, and I thought I saw a difference. I don't usually see a change in that short of time so I got kind of excited :)

RedSpikeyThing
12-04-2007, 08:53 PM
looking thick, keep it up

berfles
12-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Ok, I think putting my hands up definitely helped. This is after my back workout which was just 5 sets of pull-ups and 5 sets of one arm rows, but I guess I was still pumped. Anyway, this lat spread looks much better than my others. I put it into a GIF just for the hell of it even though it doesn't matter as much due to the pump.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b251/jfindon/backpump.gif

EDIT: It's weird how much better lighting does, I actually appear to have a lower-ish back in the second picture.

WORLD
12-12-2007, 08:02 PM
much better. Good work.

Built
12-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Yep - you grew lats, son.

Keep it up!

How much weight did you gain?

berfles
12-12-2007, 08:12 PM
much better. Good work.

Thanks. I hope I can do it that way from now on, the other ones always looked awkward to me but this one looks great. Maybe I'll practice more tomorrow.

Yep - you grew lats, son.

Keep it up!

How much weight did you gain?

Thanks :) Well in those in those 4 months, let's see.. I was gaining an average of 1.5555lbs there every week for awhile... I'd say I was around an even 160lbs (maybe a few less) then, and now I weigh around 168 so not too much weight really. I stopped gaining lately so I just bumped up my intake a few hundred calories so hopefully that'll get me started again.

hulkinout
12-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Yeh, hold above your waist and shoot your elbows forward.

x2. I see a difference in thickness. Posing comes with time and practice (as does pec bouncing). Keep working at it, one day it will click. At this point, you're not making the lats "pop" fully yet, but you're getting there.

berfles
12-12-2007, 08:33 PM
x2. I see a difference in thickness. Posing comes with time and practice (as does pec bouncing). Keep working at it, one day it will click. At this point, you're not making the lats "pop" fully yet, but you're getting there.

Did you see my newer one or are they still not popped out far enough?

I already have pec bouncing down though, but they're my weakest part visually :(

j_man_honda
12-12-2007, 09:01 PM
Looks good bro.... Fruit of the Loom FTW!!!!!

hulkinout
12-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Did you see my newer one or are they still not popped out far enough?

I already have pec bouncing down though, but they're my weakest part visually :(

Second shot is better, but I know you got more "pop" to that weasel... it's hard to describe how to do it, but if you dig your fists,thubms into your back, and set up a lot of tension in the lats, when you spread them right, they just pull out like a fan being unfolded.

You're making fantastic progress though, berfles. I hope you realize that.

markfromaurora
12-12-2007, 09:40 PM
u do look wider

berfles
12-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Second shot is better, but I know you got more "pop" to that weasel... it's hard to describe how to do it, but if you dig your fists,thubms into your back, and set up a lot of tension in the lats, when you spread them right, they just pull out like a fan being unfolded.

You're making fantastic progress though, berfles. I hope you realize that.

Thanks man. I'll keep at it and see if I can inflate a little more.

I've been realizing that I am finally progressing more than I'm used to; both in strength and size. I'm still nowhere near as big as I want to be but I'm sure that's coming. I only weight 168 after all, once I can get up to 185ish I should look pretty good.

I don't know. At the same time I still feel like I could have progressed more if I did something differently, and I still have doubts a lot of the time but I guess that's kind of normal. It's second nature now to go to the basement and work out, even if I feel like garbage, so at least there's still some motivation going on.

I just keep looking at the big picture and realize that one day I'll get there as long as I don't get discouraged. Looking at my progress pictures helps, even if there are only small changes.

rtrose
12-13-2007, 06:59 PM
awesome progress!

hulkinout
12-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks man. I'll keep at it and see if I can inflate a little more.

I've been realizing that I am finally progressing more than I'm used to; both in strength and size. I'm still nowhere near as big as I want to be but I'm sure that's coming. I only weight 168 after all, once I can get up to 185ish I should look pretty good.

I don't know. At the same time I still feel like I could have progressed more if I did something differently, and I still have doubts a lot of the time but I guess that's kind of normal. It's second nature now to go to the basement and work out, even if I feel like garbage, so at least there's still some motivation going on.

I just keep looking at the big picture and realize that one day I'll get there as long as I don't get discouraged. Looking at my progress pictures helps, even if there are only small changes.

It's important to stay positive in the bodybuilding game because it's very easy to get disconsolate. Keep your eyes on the prize, and go for it. It takes some guys longer than others (me, for one), but just keep moving forward.

Next year this time, you'll be popping lat spreads that burst the sides out of your shirts ;-)

RedSpikeyThing
12-14-2007, 08:47 AM
you look much wider now! Good job, you're getting thick too

Jess21
12-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Definitely look wider in the second pic, nice job man

recordgeek
12-16-2007, 04:47 AM
amazing work--per previous post, how is your max bench improving?

- rg

berfles
12-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I'm not too sure about max bench, last time I tried maxing out I completely screwed myself over for the next real workout so I haven't tried since. I'm doing a 5x5 routine for flat bench and I will say that every week since I started, I get 1-2 more reps for every workout. It only takes me about 2-3 weeks to finish a full 25 rep workout. I think if my damn triceps were stronger I'd be even better off, right now I'm trying to find a good triceps exercise besides dips. Tried close grip bench and it still worked my chest too much.