PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Weight!

Pinball03
03-12-2002, 01:58 PM
hey, Please help! i need to gain like 30 to 40 lbs. (preferably by the summer).I'm 16, 5'10 and i weigh 135!PLEASE gimme some advice on what to eat every day or how many calories and/or protein i should be taking in every day and what type of supplements would be good to use to gain weight quickly!!!
thanx!:help:

plornive
03-12-2002, 02:10 PM
Dude,
Get over it!

If you gain weight that quickly, you will gain 30 lbs of fat and 5 lbs of muscle at the very most (if you train perfectly). That is not an exaggeration.

Eat lots of nutrient dense food, with a lot of protein and vegetables. Don't gain more than 1 lb per week.

Don't underfeed, but don't overfeed. There is a point at which more calories will not mean more muscle growth. That point is only a little bit higher than maintenance calories without the aid of steroids.

MRJ
03-12-2002, 02:33 PM
Agreed . . . 30-40 lbs. of GOOD (lean) weight by Summer. . . that's not gonna happen.

Probably won't happen in a couple of years.

If you figure out otherwise, please post your information, everyone on this board would like to know how you did it, so we can too.

=w=
03-12-2002, 03:13 PM
30-40 lbs may be over board but dont get discouraged - in the next 3-4 months you can make a lot of progress especially at your age. Stick with it.