PDA

View Full Version : I think I've buggered my back!

pulpmelon
12-05-2007, 09:10 AM
This is my final year at collage and the work load has been something else. So as a result I've spent loads of time hunched over my PC. Long story short - started a set of bent over rows only to find my upper glutes and lower back are on fire!
This is literally a pain in the ass.
I've tried stretching out to no avail. Has anyone ever had this before?
Should I go and see a physio?

Help arghh!

RedSpikeyThing
12-05-2007, 09:19 AM
I wouldn't see a physio just yet. Stretch and try some foam rolling too. Make sure your posture is better when you're using your computer. Doing more direct lower back work has helped me maintain better posture while at the computer too.

Hatred
12-05-2007, 02:27 PM
You HAVE to be British.

samj
12-05-2007, 02:33 PM
You HAVE to be British.

whats that meant to mean

Walrus
12-05-2007, 03:35 PM
Just a guess... but the term "buggered" was probably his biggest clue :hello:

McVein
12-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Just a guess... but the term "buggered" was probably his biggest clue :hello:

A stab in the dark at best.

samj
12-06-2007, 01:47 AM
buggerd ha havnt heard that for years funny that americans must think that all of england snobby and posh like down south

garjagan
12-06-2007, 02:22 AM
buggerd ha havnt heard that for years funny that americans must think that all of england snobby and posh like down south

Maybe in stereotype-ville. In the real world I think a lot of worldly americans probably dont believe that at all.

It's the same kind of stereotype as you thinking there are loads of posh folk down south. Probably played out largely by the media and the way things like TV shows like to neatly pigeonhole people in their social-classes based on which part of the country they live in.

As for the back and arse. See how it goes I guess.

Leviathan
12-10-2007, 07:23 PM
I've tried stretching out to no avail. Has anyone ever had this before?

It sounds like you either injured the ilio-lumbar ligament or the sacroiliac joint. If you take some NSAIDs and lay off heavy weights for a couple weeks, you should notice an improvement. If you don't, go see a physician.

pulpmelon
12-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I took a week off lifting and adapted by reading books/papers whilst lying down. Feels like 10 times better now. Will start doing good mornings and cleans again next week I reckon.

samadhi_smiles
12-20-2007, 08:58 AM
You reckon? Are you from the South?

pulpmelon
12-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Im from the westcountry. Sommerset born and Sommerset bred, thick in the arm and thick in the head!