PDA

View Full Version : open invite..

elitepler
12-05-2007, 03:26 PM
Rhodes got me thinking so i figured I would post this. I live about 10 minutes north of Memphis and have a mono-lift in my garage. We squat on Fridays at around 4:00pm. Anyone, and I mean anyone is welcome to come squat with us. I don't care if you only squat 135, come train, eat and have a good time. Try and let me know a week in advance. If you want to come on a Satuday, let me know and we will change our squat day so you can make it. We used to drive 3 hours one way to sqaut out of a mono to get ready for comps. It's very different than walking squats out.

Lones Green
12-05-2007, 05:23 PM
hmmm...i live in Knoxville and have no one to train with. i've never lifted on a monolift.

elitepler
12-05-2007, 05:29 PM
One of my best friends lives in Knoxville, and he happens to be the manager of one of the Rush gyms there. If you have ever heard of Bobby Fields (well known Metal Militia bencher) his brother JD traines thier also. My friends name is Josh. I can hook you up with some free passes if your interested, just let me know and I'll make a call.

Sam Byrd and the iron playground are right near you in Chattanooga along with Jesse Rogers (pres of the SPF) in Knoxville. Jesses mono-lift is the exact same a mine.

I can hook you up with any of those people, all are friends, LMK

Lones Green
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
i actually have a membership to the rush, thats where i train. i've only seen one other powerlifter, a good while ago. havent seen him since. i've e-mailed sam and i haven't got a response yet. jesse is a real cool guy, i didn't know he lived in knoxville. i've talked to him a few times at the last few SPF meets. any of those guys you think would be helpful, hook me up!

elitepler
12-05-2007, 05:44 PM
which rush do you work out at?

Lones Green
12-05-2007, 05:47 PM
walker springs. i'm not too far away from the farragut or east town mall ones either.

chris mason
12-05-2007, 06:49 PM
That is very cool of you Elite!

elitepler
12-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Thanks Chris.

Lones, I just talked to Josh, there is a new location opening up on Chatman HWY, it will be the South Knoxville location. Thats where they just moved him. He said to call him next week and he'll see if he can hook you up with some guys to train with. JB is looking to put a team together for a team meet in the near future, ask Josh about that when you talk to him.

865-661-4820 Josh Vandergriff, tell him Jeff gave you the number.

Lones Green
12-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Thanks Chris.

Lones, I just talked to Josh, there is a new location opening up on Chatman HWY, it will be the South Knoxville location. Thats where they just moved him. He said to call him next week and he'll see if he can hook you up with some guys to train with. JB is looking to put a team together for a team meet in the near future, ask Josh about that when you talk to him.

865-661-4820 Josh Vandergriff, tell him Jeff gave you the number.

1000 thank you's man. ill be in touch with him sometime next week.

Detard
12-05-2007, 08:26 PM
This is one of the reasons this website is so great.

RedSpikeyThing
12-05-2007, 08:37 PM
awesome. I wish I was close enough.

Detard
12-05-2007, 09:27 PM
awesome. I wish I was close enough.

Dont worry, I'll have some of the guys down to train in my gym sometime.

vdizenzo
12-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Rhodes got me thinking so i figured I would post this. I live about 10 minutes north of Memphis and have a mono-lift in my garage. We squat on Fridays at around 4:00pm. Anyone, and I mean anyone is welcome to come squat with us. I don't care if you only squat 135, come train, eat and have a good time. Try and let me know a week in advance. If you want to come on a Satuday, let me know and we will change our squat day so you can make it. We used to drive 3 hours one way to sqaut out of a mono to get ready for comps. It's very different than walking squats out.

That's the spirit. Very cool stuff!

vdizenzo
12-06-2007, 11:48 AM

That's the spirit. Very cool stuff!

Guido
12-06-2007, 12:42 PM
I wish I lived closer to you, elite. It's a great offer. I'd love for there to be someplace with a monolift nearby to me and my team to practice on.

dbc3po
12-06-2007, 07:32 PM
very cool of you elite. Anyone near greenwood S.C. you have an open invite form me to trian in my gym at my house. It isnt much but it has the bear essentials to get you strong.

vdizenzo
12-06-2007, 08:19 PM
very cool of you elite. Anyone near greenwood S.C. you have an open invite form me to trian in my gym at my house. It isnt much but it has the bear essentials to get you strong.

All you need are the bare essentials. I am going to pick up my power rack this weekend. With a bar, rack, weights, and a bench I am set. Thanks to Rhodes I have lots of weights and some bands and chains to boot. I am so psyched. I will be working out a lot more because of this. However, my Friday bench workout will still be at Southside.

Jason Pegg
12-06-2007, 08:20 PM
I wish I lived closer to you, elite. It's a great offer. I'd love for there to be someplace with a monolift nearby to me and my team to practice on.

Weve got one, but I think were about 4 hours away from you guys :D

Jason

Sherpa
12-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Hey elite,
I just moved to Memphis and Im working at UT and lifting at DAC. The place sucks and they have already bitched a fit about me bringing in my squat box and bands. I would love to come squat with you guys on Fridays, but I don't get off work until 5. Saturdays would be great, but I don't want to make people shift their schedule for me. I will be out of town this weekend, but count me in for next weekend. Hit me back and we'll talk more.

Sherpa
12-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Elitepler,

i tried to send you a message but this board doesn't like that I smell of newness. Email me at foxfighting@gmail.com ; I would like to lift this Friday/Saturday.

brihead301
12-10-2007, 08:56 AM
Man, I wish I lived near you. I'd definately come. My gym has a total member count of about 11 (which I love), but I've only ever seen one other guy squat there before, but his form is terrible.

Unholy
12-10-2007, 10:45 AM
This is why the powerlifting community is Ill. Oh man, I really need to get my ass back at EAST END BARBELL.

Big_Byrd52
12-10-2007, 01:34 PM
One of my best friends lives in Knoxville, and he happens to be the manager of one of the Rush gyms there. If you have ever heard of Bobby Fields (well known Metal Militia bencher) his brother JD traines thier also. My friends name is Josh. I can hook you up with some free passes if your interested, just let me know and I'll make a call.

Sam Byrd and the iron playground are right near you in Chattanooga along with Jesse Rogers (pres of the SPF) in Knoxville. Jesses mono-lift is the exact same a mine.

I can hook you up with any of those people, all are friends, LMK

I know i have seen ur email, but i dont know where it went. sorry. Jesse is down here in chattanooga with me.

elitepler
12-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Elitepler,

i tried to send you a message but this board doesn't like that I smell of newness. Email me at foxfighting@gmail.com ; I would like to lift this Friday/Saturday.

Ok, can you be in Millington by 4:00pm?. Were working out at the Navy base friday so we can do jiu-jitsu afterwards.

Lones Green
12-10-2007, 03:14 PM
I know i have seen ur email, but i dont know where it went. sorry. Jesse is down here in chattanooga with me.

its cool man. i'll just ask you on here, do you think it would be cool if i came to the iron playground to train maybe like once a week?

Sherpa
12-10-2007, 03:55 PM
Ok, can you be in Millington by 4:00pm?. Were working out at the Navy base friday so we can do jiu-jitsu afterwards.

I don't leave work until 5. I will catch you guys some weekend when you hit a saturday squat workout.

elitepler
12-10-2007, 05:34 PM
I'll e-mail you and will figure something out.

Big_Byrd52
12-12-2007, 09:30 PM
its cool man. i'll just ask you on here, do you think it would be cool if i came to the iron playground to train maybe like once a week?

i actually sold the gym to a couple guys who turned it into a MMA fight club with a cage and bags and all that.

i train aty at a small gym, by myself most of the time. i dont train in gear or anything but if we can figure something out ur welcome to come down. we have a comp bench and monolift.

how far are u from manchester? there is a really good team over there at a gym called Cell Block. the guy that runs it used to train at westside with louie and chuck. i need to get up there to see those guys soon anyways.

Lones Green
12-13-2007, 03:53 AM
i actually sold the gym to a couple guys who turned it into a MMA fight club with a cage and bags and all that.

i train aty at a small gym, by myself most of the time. i dont train in gear or anything but if we can figure something out ur welcome to come down. we have a comp bench and monolift.

how far are u from manchester? there is a really good team over there at a gym called Cell Block. the guy that runs it used to train at westside with louie and chuck. i need to get up there to see those guys soon anyways.

i'm out in knoxville, so manchester is probably about 150-ish miles away from me. i'm having a pretty hard time finding guys to train with here, so i'd be willing to make the drive. maybe we could meet up in chattanooga and then head to manchester. let me know whats up!

Big_Byrd52
12-13-2007, 05:30 PM
that would be a 3 hr trip for ya. manchester is an hour north east from here. prolly be quicker to cut across east than south and back up.

i might can take u down to NGBB one sunday morning to squat. its about a hour south of here outside atlanta. Post workout nutrition is Hooters! haha

Lones Green
12-13-2007, 05:58 PM
that would be a 3 hr trip for ya. manchester is an hour north east from here. prolly be quicker to cut across east than south and back up.

i might can take u down to NGBB one sunday morning to squat. its about a hour south of here outside atlanta. Post workout nutrition is Hooters! haha

that'd be cool, i'm down for anything. those NGBB guys were looking real strong at record breakers. hooters sounds good haha.

dbc3po
12-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Any training you can get in with Sam and those NGBB guys will be well worth it to you.