PDA

View Full Version : Heeeey, whatdoyousaykid?

TBart
12-05-2007, 08:15 PM
A bunch of people recommended recording workouts and I figure this might be a good way to do it. I'm gonna be going with Mark Rippletoe's workout from starting strength.

I'm a 5'5 140 pound freshman from U Maryland with minimal lifting experience, Today I signed up for a fitness assessment test to find out my true weight (gym scales tend to suck IMO), body fat %, etc.

I only got back into lifting seriously a couple weeks ago, and I already feel way stronger. I can't wait for the results to start showing :)

I have some before pics, but gonna wait a few months so I can show a before/after.

TBart
12-05-2007, 08:17 PM
First Recorded Workout

Today I squated/deadlifted/benched
I did 3-5 warmup sets in each, but am only recording the 'work' sets. I wanted to make sure I could complete all of these without the use of a spotter so I could gauge how to progess myself.

Squat

4(sets)x6 (reps) of 135.

Deadlift

4(sets)x5 reps (145)

Bench
4(sets)x4(reps) 115. I only did 4 because I wanted to make sure I can complete the workout

All these assume the bar weighs 45, which I assume is correct.

TBart
12-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Forgot to update last time (saturday)

Squat 4x5 (145)
Shoulder Press 3x5 (65)
Pullups: 3x8 (50 pound assist)
Chinup 3x8

TBart
12-11-2007, 07:26 AM
Went today at 8:15 am, unfortunately I had yet to go to sleep the night before.

I have exams Thursday and have been on a crazy sleep schedule so I'm trying to reset it by staying up a bunch more today.

I still squated then deadlifted, was too tired to bench. Didnt want to risk injury

Squat:3x5 (155)
Deadlift: 3x3(165)

I'm starting to enjoy deadlifting :)

I think I will just throw on bench to my normal workout Friday and then resume normally.