PDA

View Full Version : lets talk about your bench shirt(s)

jtteg_x
12-06-2007, 02:25 AM
I only been using my Titan F6 single ply and have wondered what the denim, velcro back, open back, etc shirts are like. These "fancy" bench shirts really hurt the wallet so chances are I will have to wait for my tax refund before I get ahold of a denim/velcro back.
What bench shirts have you tried? How did you like it? Im real interested to hear about the Inzer Denim Radical.

NASAKYCHAIRMAN
12-06-2007, 05:49 AM
I only been using my Titan F6 single ply and have wondered what the denim, velcro back, open back, etc shirts are like. These "fancy" bench shirts really hurt the wallet so chances are I will have to wait for my tax refund before I get ahold of a denim/velcro back.
What bench shirts have you tried? How did you like it? Im real interested to hear about the Inzer Denim Radical.

Inzer EHPHD Blast Shirt
Inzer Denim
Inzer Phenom
Inzer Rage X:thumbup:

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
WWW.ATLARGENUTRITION.COM

GOT MAXIMUM MASS STACK?

TommyBoy
12-06-2007, 12:46 PM
What bench shirts have you tried? How did you like it? Im real interested to hear about the Inzer Denim Radical.Here's what I've tried:

Inzer EHPHD: First shirt I ever used, and my current single ply shirt. Absolutely love it.
Inzer Rage: Not bad. Didn't get much out of it.
Inzer Rage X: A lot better than the Rage. Good material. Easy groove. This one was ok for me.
Titan Fury: Did not like this shirt. I would rather use a Rage X.
Titan F6: Same as Fury in that I don't like this shirt.
Inzer Black DD Open Back with velcro: This is my current 2ply shirt, I've used it once and love it already. Very similar groove to the EHPHD just a lot thicker and tougher. Patience is the key with this shirt.

Although most people are using the Titan/Inzer polys, I'm not a big fan of them. I used to train lockout lockout lockout and use those shirts, and got nowhere. Now I use the old school basic shirts and train only full range, and I've never had more success. Inzer bench shirts are still #1 in my opinion.

Hatred
12-06-2007, 02:14 PM
That's good to hear. I'l be using my RageX for the first time tonight so we'll see how it goes.
I thought for sure the damn thing didn't fit. I called Inzer and checked and I measured correctly. I just have to have Juan-John force me into it.
The guys at ST almost all use Metal and Titan shirts.
I tried an open backed Metal but haven't used em enough to give an opinion.

RhodeHouse
12-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Inzer DD
Metal Viking
3 Rage X's
Inzer DD/poly

DD
- good stopping power
- good support
- not great for long arms
- easiest to learn

Metal Viking
- good stopping power
- higher groove than I like
- pretty good support thru-out the lift

Double Rage X
- a bith for long arms
- great support thru-out the lift
- not good if you have trouble touching
- nice low groove
- stretches out quickly

DD/poly
- great support
- good stopping power
- good power off the chest
- not graet for long arms

Don't get the velcro on the shirt. You don't need it. I think the DD has the easiest learning curve.

I'll be trying the Metal line as soon as they send them to me. I'll keep you posted.

RickTheDestroyer
12-06-2007, 02:45 PM
i jus wear w.e shirt i put on in the morning when i wake up.

wuts so great about 'bench' shirts. sounds cool tho.
Hush now, the big kids are talking. You'll understand in a few years.

I'm looking to get in my first shirt fairly soon- I bench with a decent arch (albeit not a huge one), with a pretty low bar path (I touch about a third of the way down between my sternum and navel), and with a pretty narrow grip (pinkies on the rings). I keep my elbows tucked throughout the lift (I don't flare them, typically) and press in a straight vertical path. I may have found some experienced guys to train with, and I fully expect them to tear apart my form, so all of this information might be worthless and outdated shortly.

If I keep my bar path basically the same, what shirt would people recommend for me? I was thinking about a single ply F6 or RageX. Thoughts?

Ryano
12-06-2007, 02:50 PM
Rick, if you're getting a single ply, go with the Titan Katana. Best single ply around. Once you get into double plys there's alot of debate on preference. I like a double Titan F6, but alot of guys lifting more than I use double Rage X's.

Hatred
12-06-2007, 03:55 PM
i jus wear w.e shirt i put on in the morning when i wake up.

wuts so great about 'bench' shirts. sounds cool tho.

****in ******. I don't know how in the hell you made 100 useless posts without anyone knowing.
Kick rocks.

BigCorey75
12-06-2007, 04:23 PM
ha ha ha ha, thats hilarious, i havent heard that one in a while.....lol

KICK ROCKS BIATCH!!!!

..lol

bigbadwolfe
12-06-2007, 06:46 PM
I prolly have one of the craziest shirt set ups on here. My moto is gangster the hell out of the shirt and then play in it :)

Rage X ~
~ Double ply
~ Open Back
~ Velcro on Butt
~ Lowered Collar 1 and a half inches
~ Crazy Reinforced Collar
~ Reinforced Shoulder Seams
~ Grid Stitch 2 inch pattern
~ 3 inches off arm length I got short upper arms

I think that is about it!!!

I just got a Super D Duper Phenom but dont know yet if I like it or not

The shirt I did my first 800 and 800 plus in was a Black Double Denim with all the same alterations as above. Loved that shirt but it ripped in the Animal Cage and Blew in the next contest I did.

I have tried other Black Denims but none ever came close to that one.

I have also used the Ultimate Denim but could never get anything to touch in that one. It also had the same alterations as above. I might get that one out and try it again seeing as how I'm lighter now it might work better.

Wolfy!!!

waynedang
12-06-2007, 07:28 PM
I use the Katana now but have used:
Inzer blast
hphd
single denim
double denim
RageX (lasted one workout )

Titan
fury
f6 single and double
Katana

vdizenzo
12-06-2007, 08:23 PM
Inzer Double Denim open back is the best double to learn in. Sinlge ply, go with a Rage X. Keep us updated.

vdizenzo
12-06-2007, 08:30 PM
I prolly have one of the craziest shirt set ups on here. My moto is gangster the hell out of the shirt and then play in it :)

Rage X ~
~ Double ply
~ Open Back
~ Velcro on Butt
~ Lowered Collar 1 and a half inches
~ Crazy Reinforced Collar
~ Reinforced Shoulder Seams
~ Grid Stitch 2 inch pattern
~ 3 inches off arm length I got short upper arms

I think that is about it!!!
Wolfy!!!

You forgot to get the sleeves round stitched! Luyando told me to do that. I also get no velcro. I hate velcro on an open back. Oh yeah, this shirt is all kind of jacked. I got it the other day and I can't stop looking at it. This Friday will be my first training in about a month, but I doubt I will be ready to put on this monster.

drew
12-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Inzer Blast: Like a t-shirt with a little support. Very cheap and very easy to bench in. I got about 25lbs out of this shirt.

Inzer RageX: Loved using this shirt. Pretty easy to learn (with a lot of good coaching) and never had trouble touching in it. Got about 120lbs out of it.

Inzer Double RageX: Used this shirt 8 times in training and have yet to touch a weight in it. Really struggling but I will keep working the hell out of it as I believe that it will give me a huge carryover once I figure it out. Planning to finally get a new number on my board tonight.

Hatred
12-07-2007, 09:49 AM
I got an opinion on the RageX.

If you're a bodybuilder with any kind of lats you're gonna have to split the back in it. I tried it for the first time last night and it was nowhere near close to working.
Someone else there had a 52 with the back cut out. I tried that and it fit great.
Unfortunately, when the guys threw 455 on the 2 board for me last week I felt the outer head of my bicep throw a fit stabilizng the weight... and it's screwed up. I dropped 400 on myself last night trying to touch low enough when it gave out.

Outta the box the RageX didn't work for me until I butchered it up.

Darracq
12-07-2007, 09:58 AM
I have had a Fury,a couple f6`s, and now a double rage x.
The rage x dbl feels great, more comforatable than the others, I have a hard time touching in any of them, I have long arms and a long rom, even a little loose i can get a good amount out of the dbl rage x. Titan f6 is pretty good also.

Guido
12-07-2007, 03:56 PM
How much are you getting out of the F-6, Hatred? It should be good for at least 25-30% over your raw bench. I get about 110 lbs out of mine.

I've only used the F-6 thus far, but am now aboiut to foray into using the Katana. It's gonna take some getting used to but I'm expecting big things.

Hatred
12-07-2007, 04:30 PM
Don't know. I have a RageX.
I hit 455 with it after I exploded my bicep.
I bench 375 Raw so 80lbs now.

Dirty Martinez
12-07-2007, 05:10 PM
KARIN'S for me! open back, dd denim, MM cut! I have a crazy raw bench so the shirt helps me out some! Got to go Karin's!