PDA

View Full Version : Check out my situation, maybe I need to try a weight gainer

markfromaurora
12-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Hey, I'm currently 180 approx and 5'10. My goals are to get up to around possibley 215-235 lean muscle.

So far i started lifting approx. 9-10 months ago at 155 lbs. My strength gains have greatly increased . So these gains so far are pretty good for me. I eat some around 2500-3000 calories a day. I was thinking about trying a weight gainer supplement. I dont have too much time on my hands to be makiong another meal anyways. But I also do not want to become chubby. A lot of these weight gainers state that they are for lean mass but I don't want to get caught up in the hype. Did any of you take weight gainers while lifting and got way more fat instead of more mucle mass? I mean maybe I can take half servings instead or something.And if you guys think I need a weight gainer, which actually stands out vs. the bunch? :scratch:

VikingWarlord
12-09-2007, 02:20 PM
A weight gainer is nothing more than drinkable calories. If you want to drink the calories, make your own shake, or pick one of the recipes in the recipe subforum.

How much fat you gain is going to depend on your body, and how far above maintenance your intake is. If you find yourself gaining more fat than you'd like, cut back your intake a little bit. Don't worry so much about the weight gainer thing.

whiteman90909
12-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Concentrate on getting enough calories, and as long as your macros are ok, it really doesn't matter where they come from.

TopCat
12-09-2007, 11:50 PM
See Below, was a double post

TopCat
12-09-2007, 11:51 PM
A weight gainer is nothing more than drinkable calories. If you want to drink the calories, make your own shake, or pick one of the recipes in the recipe subforum.

:withstupi:

Making a shake is pretty easy and takes almost no time. Adding in your own foods also allows you to tailor your shake to your needs/goals more than a weight gainer would.