PDA

View Full Version : Squatting in Charleston

Chubrock
12-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Went down to train with HomeYield again. Set an 80lbs PR, though it was an inch or so high. Oh well. The land of high squatting calls my name.

Using a 55lbs Power Bar

435lbs:

-UIrn6rRUy8

455lbs:

4c_oOM3E5cw

cphafner
12-09-2007, 07:25 PM
looked good (bit high as you know). Will seemed to enjoy that spot a little too much, nice butt slap.

Darcy Tucker
12-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Haha that's like me too. I squat down to my bench and have been killing them squats lately! I must be going waaaay above parallel too! Those are obviously good weights for you though Chubrock. Even without going to parallel I'm sure it helps your body get used to that kind of increase in weight.

Chubrock
12-09-2007, 07:26 PM
Yea the 455 was an inch or two high. No worries. I really sat back into the briefs on that one. Probably could've rode it a bit further down.

deeder
12-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Nice work Chubs! What kind of briefs are those? BTW, your legs look jacked :p

Chubrock
12-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Haha stop making fun of my skinny ass legs. They're Metal Pros. I didn't go with the Ace. Too much material.

deeder
12-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Haha stop making fun of my skinny ass legs. They're Metal Pros. I didn't go with the Ace. Too much material.

How do you like those briefs? If they had a single ply "version" of those I'd get some for pulling sumo...

Chubrock
12-09-2007, 08:52 PM
The briefs are badass. I get some solid support all the way through and at the bottom they help out pretty well. For once I don't have to worry about pulling my groin. All Metal Briefs are double ply though. Sorry bro haha.

deeder
12-09-2007, 08:58 PM
The briefs are badass. I get some solid support all the way through and at the bottom they help out pretty well. For once I don't have to worry about pulling my groin. All Metal Briefs are double ply though. Sorry bro haha.

With that wide ass stance you could use all the support you can get :evillaugh: I doubt I could get half way down with that wide of a stance. You've got some flexible hips man.

The only single ply briefs I've seen are the Inzer groove briefs but I hear they are **** :(

Chubrock
12-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Haha for sure. Reduce my ROM anyway possible. You just need to come over to the darkside man. Get some 2ply briefs and start there.

RedSpikeyThing
12-09-2007, 09:04 PM
good effort, heavy weight regardless of the depth

btw whoever's spotting you (HY?) has some massive legs

Sidior
12-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Killer squatting man. ****ing right on moving some heavy weight, 500 seems like it will drop soon. Are you fighting depth on the briefs still or just not quite comfortable with them in the hole?

Detard
12-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Nice job man. Thats some heavy weight your moving.

Chubrock
12-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Red- Haha HomeY's quads start to explode when he gets in the suit and briefs.

Sid- I can hit depth with some lighter weights simply by shifting my hips a bit. On that last set, I fought the briefs pretty hard as 1) I wanted to get as much spring as possible, and 2)The weight was heavy as ****, for me.

Detard- Thanks man.

Bob
12-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Awesome job Chubs....
Don't worry about the size of your thighs... everyone's would be small next to HY's... :p

Keep it heavy and hard...

Chubrock
12-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Thanks Bear. Good to see you around again.

Sidior
12-10-2007, 12:28 PM
Red- Haha HomeY's quads start to explode when he gets in the suit and briefs.

Sid- I can hit depth with some lighter weights simply by shifting my hips a bit. On that last set, I fought the briefs pretty hard as 1) I wanted to get as much spring as possible, and 2)The weight was heavy as ****, for me.

Detard- Thanks man.
Ya I was going to say, it looked like you were sitting into them really well. Time to add more weight!

Chubrock
12-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Yea, I'm actually learning how to use them fairly well. I've only had 4 squat sessions with them, and only one of those is with Will. Given some time, I think I'll be able to get even more out of them.

Sidior
12-10-2007, 12:39 PM
Yea, I'm actually learning how to use them fairly well. I've only had 4 squat sessions with them, and only one of those is with Will. Given some time, I think I'll be able to get even more out of them.

I didn't realize you had only been using them for 4 sessions, that is great progress man. I learned my suit on my own so it was quite some time before I was hitting depth.

Chubrock
12-10-2007, 04:29 PM
Yea, I'm hoping to get more out of them as I get more familiar with the groove and fighting them all the way down. Hopefully hit 500 sometime somewhat soon.

Bohizzle
12-10-2007, 04:38 PM
I didn't realize you had only been using them for 4 sessions, that is great progress man. I learned my suit on my own so it was quite some time before I was hitting depth.

Pssh! the only reason u didn't hit depth the first time u trained in ur suit is cuz u were a pussy. :D

Chubs, solid squats man.

Andrew

Chubrock
12-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Appreciate it Bohizzle.

BigCorey75
12-10-2007, 08:24 PM
only thing i see Chub is that your a tad high but other than that, nothing really

sweet shorts by the way....lol

Chubrock
12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Yea, I'm a tad high on the 455. Other than that I should be fine seeing as how I'm planning on competing in the land of high squats and gangsta gear.

Oh yea, don't pick on my squat briefs haha.