PDA

View Full Version : i have a long road ahead of me .......

Berzerker
12-09-2007, 09:10 PM
hey everyone . im three months into my power / strength based routine , and the only question i keep asking myself is .....why didnt i start this 8 years ago when i was 20 and better looking ? im hoping if i keep this journal , i can stay more focused and get some critiques / feedback .

sunday - upper body

flat bench press :
175 pounds - 5 reps
190 pounds - 5 reps
205 pounds - 3 reps
220 pounds - 3 reps
235 pounds - 1 reps
250 pounds - 1 reps = p.r.

neutral grip ( palms in ) flat dumbbell bench press :
45's - 20 reps
65's - 20 reps

tricep pushdowns :
75 pounds - 13 reps
60 pounds - 10 reps

front pulldowns :
100 pounds - 20 reps
120 pounds - 10 reps

reverse pec dec machine :
35 pounds - 20 reps
50 pounds - 10 reps

did some upper body stretching and called it a day . session took about 40 minutes .

North
12-09-2007, 09:29 PM
nice bench man, what are you weighing in at?

Berzerker
12-10-2007, 07:20 AM
thanks north . right now , im at 190 . im in the army , so all the cardio they make me do slows me down in the size department .

dynamo
12-10-2007, 07:41 AM
does cardio slow down size? I've been running 5 days a week while i lift and while for all intents and purposes i've only been lifting for 2 months my size has doubled in certain departments. I would imagine the running would lean you out and your size would be more related to muscle volume instead of water volume, just speculation, but I say do what the wrath says, don't worry about number, worry about the mirror and symmetry, if you do it right size will come. sorry i have to go im procrastinating i must study for my thermo final. ciao.

Berzerker
12-10-2007, 12:21 PM
i guess it depends on the person . i was deployed to afghanistan for 16 months and because of the job i was doing , i was able to lift hard , eat hard , and did virtually no cardio . i gained 36 pounds over the course of that 16 months . i have been back from deployment almost 6 months , and in that time i have gained only 7 pounds . i still lift hard and eat hard , but in that six months time frame , my cardio / military exercises are done 4 - 5 days a week . i cant speak for everyone else , but yes , cardio does effect me in the growth department .