PDA

View Full Version : The Burger Thread

Stumprrp
12-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Lets face it, hamburgers are one of the most orgasmic foods around, sooo....

lets discuss what you like on your favorite hamburgers, NO FAST FOOD! just what you put on your burger if you make it at home or get one at a nice steakhouse.

I like mine medium on a toasted bun, with mayo, pickle, onion, bacon, and cheese. (cheddar AND american)

Unholy
12-10-2007, 10:36 AM
I get the All American BBQ Burger from J&R's.

10oz beef, bacon, onion straws, BBQ Sauce, 3 slices of cheese. Served with a side of steak fries and onion straws, pasta salad, Cole Slaw, and a pickle for $6.99 this is at a Bar&Grill. Beats the **** out of any fast food burger and costs the same or even less than some.

Hatred
12-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Lets face it, hamburgers are one of the most orgasmic foods around, sooo....

lets discuss what you like on your favorite hamburgers, NO FAST FOOD! just what you put on your burger if you make it at home or get one at a nice steakhouse.

I like mine medium on a toasted bun, with mayo, pickle, onion, bacon, and cheese. (cheddar AND american)

NO FAST FOOD? NAZI.

That's the best part of hamburgers. You can get em anywhere.

Fuddrucker's has a 1lb Cheesburger about the size of my head.
Red onions,cheddar,mayo,ketchup, avocado,Tomaters.

Most of you don't know what you are missing but it's not fair to call
In n' out's 4x4 fast food.

Pickles are awful.
Jalapenos, pineapple, avocado is a must, there's no wrong way to eat a hamburger. Unless you put Fungus on it. I HATE mushrooms.

drew
12-10-2007, 10:50 AM
I eat all burgers the same, cheese (doesn't matter what kind) mustard, ketchup (NOT catsup!) and pickles.

Except for Louie's burgers. They only come one way, cheese onions and tomato on toast.

RedSpikeyThing
12-10-2007, 10:52 AM
mmmmm I have a burger cookbook with some crazy assed recipies in it. Pretty much anything that tastes good on a burger tastes better in a burger. I usually stare at my spice rack for a while and pick whatever sounds good :D

bschatz88
12-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Whatever the toppings, it must be grilled and it must be well-done :drooling:

brihead301
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Cheese and mustard. I'm a plain guy. If you put other s*** on my burger, I won't take it off though.

grtrat1
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Here's mine when I make them on the grill.
1. 2lb lean meat
2. couple diced onions
3. couple diced green peppers
4. bout 20 shakes of garlic powder
5. dried wheat bread crumbs (to keep the patties together)
6. mix well

make into small patties, grill till your preferred color and eat. No bun or extras necessary..

Rusty
12-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Double or triple cheese, and plenty of ketchup and mustard.

drew
12-10-2007, 12:05 PM
You say, "Ma, I want McDonald's."
And she go, "I got hamburger meat at home."
"But I want McDonald's hamburger."
"I'll make you a hamburger better than McDonald's."
"Better than McDonald's!?"
"That's right. You can help Mama make it."
You say, "****, that's better than McDonald's."
"OK, go get me the big frying pan."
So you hand her the frying pan
and she say:
"I want you to go in the refrigerator and get the meat and while you in there, get me a green pepper and a onion." And you say:
"Ain't no green peppers at McDonald's."
"I'm not making McDonald's, I'm making Mama's burger.
"I need a green pepper and an onion and get me an egg out too."
"What you need eggs for? I want hamburgers. You makin Egg McMuffins."
"I'm not making an Egg McMuffin.I don't know what no Egg McMuffin is. Just get me the egg and shut your mouth."
She take the egg and the green peppers and chop the peppers up in big chunks. Don't even dice it. Big chunks of green peppers and onion and mix the egg in and put paprika and all this **** in it and make a big meatball and put it in the middle of this frying pan. At McDonald's, the meat is this thin.
Your mother's **** is like this or fatter. Green peppers hanging out of it and ****. And there's a big split in the middle and grease is popping out. You're looking at it while it's popping. You're looking at the grease
in the pan and thinking:
"That don't look like no McDonald's."
Then your mother say, "Go inside the refrigerator and get me the bread out of the bread box." And you go look in the bread box and you say:
"Ma, we don't have no hamburger buns. All we have is Wonder Bread."
"That's what I said. Get the bread out of the bread box."
"You gonna put it on square Wonder Bread?"
"Bread is bread. Bring me that bread before I slap you. Don't tell me about Wonder Bread. As much as that bread costs, don't tell me about Wonder Bread. This is Wonder Bread. A hamburger is a hamburger."
And she'd make it and put it in the middle of square Wonder Bread. At McDonald's, they use buns, the meat covers the whole bread. At your mother's, the meat's right in the middle of the bread, with grease running
through the middle, making the bread stick to the plate. This big green pepper
is hanging out the top of this big meatball on the bread. And you try to put some ketchup on it and it mixes with the grease, turn the bread into pink dough. Then you grab it and get fingerprinted and you got big, pink fingerprints in the dough. You stand there looking at it and you
try to make it look like McDonald's, so you rip the edges off around it,
make it round. And you got green peppers and grease running down your hand. And your mother say, "Now, go on outside and play."
And the other kids got McDonald's.
They outside going,
"We got McDonald's hamburgers.
"McDonald's. McDonald's.
"I got McDonald's."
And you standing there with this big "house burger". And kids are honest. They say, "Where you get that big, welfare, green-pepper burger?"
And you cry.
"My mother made it."

dday
12-10-2007, 12:24 PM
There is a place here in Kansas City (and I'm sure other cities) called Red Robin, they have a burger I believe it's called the Red Robin but it's bacon, cheese and a fried egg on top, sounds nasty but it's good as heck! I put fried eggs on my burgers at home when I think about it.

Usually I'm a plane guy, cheese only.

sCaRz*Of*PaiN
12-10-2007, 12:36 PM
4x4 animal style at In-N-Out. :thumbup:

VikingWarlord
12-10-2007, 04:12 PM
The best burger in the world:

Ground sirloin (chuck if you can't afford sirloin), meat marinated for at least 6 hours in worcestershire, hand mix in Thyme leaves, onion powder, and salt. Form into patties at least 1/3lb in weight and about 3/4" thick. Grill those bitches low and slow, preferably over some Jack Daniels barrel chips.

Throw that **** on a grilled kaiser roll with one slice of sharp cheddar and one slice of pepper jack, then your choice of whatever other toppings. I like tomato, lettuce, onion, pickle, jalapeņo/Anaheim peppers, ketchup, and maybe just a little bit of mayo.

For another added treat, grill a portabello cap, baste it with italian dressing, and put that on the burger too. Actually, a grilled portabello makes a damn fine burger all by itself.

ArmandSV
12-10-2007, 04:41 PM
big beef patty
cheese
bacon
onion strings
lots of spicy BBQ
on a big soft roll.

thats it. perfection.

(oh and the in-n-out 4x4, is another burger orgasm, gotta give props, where props are due)

left hook
12-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Triple prime burger at ruby tuesday's.

McIrish
12-10-2007, 07:11 PM
You say, "Ma, I want McDonald's."
And she go, "I got hamburger meat at home."
"But I want McDonald's hamburger."
"I'll make you a hamburger better than McDonald's."
"Better than McDonald's!?"
"That's right. You can help Mama make it."
You say, "****, that's better than McDonald's."
"OK, go get me the big frying pan."
So you hand her the frying pan
and she say:
"I want you to go in the refrigerator and get the meat and while you in there, get me a green pepper and a onion." And you say:
"Ain't no green peppers at McDonald's."
"I'm not making McDonald's, I'm making Mama's burger.
"I need a green pepper and an onion and get me an egg out too."
"What you need eggs for? I want hamburgers. You makin Egg McMuffins."
"I'm not making an Egg McMuffin.I don't know what no Egg McMuffin is. Just get me the egg and shut your mouth."
She take the egg and the green peppers and chop the peppers up in big chunks. Don't even dice it. Big chunks of green peppers and onion and mix the egg in and put paprika and all this **** in it and make a big meatball and put it in the middle of this frying pan. At McDonald's, the meat is this thin.
Your mother's **** is like this or fatter. Green peppers hanging out of it and ****. And there's a big split in the middle and grease is popping out. You're looking at it while it's popping. You're looking at the grease
in the pan and thinking:
"That don't look like no McDonald's."
Then your mother say, "Go inside the refrigerator and get me the bread out of the bread box." And you go look in the bread box and you say:
"Ma, we don't have no hamburger buns. All we have is Wonder Bread."
"That's what I said. Get the bread out of the bread box."
"You gonna put it on square Wonder Bread?"
"Bread is bread. Bring me that bread before I slap you. Don't tell me about Wonder Bread. As much as that bread costs, don't tell me about Wonder Bread. This is Wonder Bread. A hamburger is a hamburger."
And she'd make it and put it in the middle of square Wonder Bread. At McDonald's, they use buns, the meat covers the whole bread. At your mother's, the meat's right in the middle of the bread, with grease running
through the middle, making the bread stick to the plate. This big green pepper
is hanging out the top of this big meatball on the bread. And you try to put some ketchup on it and it mixes with the grease, turn the bread into pink dough. Then you grab it and get fingerprinted and you got big, pink fingerprints in the dough. You stand there looking at it and you
try to make it look like McDonald's, so you rip the edges off around it,
make it round. And you got green peppers and grease running down your hand. And your mother say, "Now, go on outside and play."
And the other kids got McDonald's.
They outside going,
"We got McDonald's hamburgers.
"McDonald's. McDonald's.
"I got McDonald's."
And you standing there with this big "house burger". And kids are honest. They say, "Where you get that big, welfare, green-pepper burger?"
And you cry.
"My mother made it."

Where's that story from?

My favorite burger atthe moment is a bit of a nontraditional twist...

1 lb salmon
1 white onion
1 rib celery
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
fresh dill
fresh ginger
fresh garlic

Sauce:
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tbsp or so horseradish
2 tbsp capers
fresh dill

Sautee onion and celery in EVOO until slightly translucent. Allow to cool. Chop salmon into little pieces. Combine with bread crumbs, onion/celery pieces, egg, and garlic/ginger/dill to taste. Form into patties. Bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes (till browned on top and cooked slightly in the middle; it'll keep cooking a bit after you take it out!).

Serve on kaiser roll with horseradish sauce.

:drooling:

VikingWarlord
12-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Where's that story from?

Eddie Murphy Raw

That's an interesting sounding burger you put up there.

Food just ain't good unless it's homemade.

Killa Kurt
12-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Handful of meat, tons of adobo, small peppers/onions sliced up inside along with some hot pepper.

Titanium_Jim
12-10-2007, 08:12 PM
On a quick sidenote, if you grill your burgers and you have a problem with fire from all the grease, drip some worcestershire on the patties as they grill and it will stop the fire.

I like to marinate my patties overnight in worcestershire and some Chicago steakhouse marinade, add a number of seasonings, and grill them up the next day pouring chili powder, garlic powder and the marinade (or just worcestershire) on them as they cook.

Then I enjoy with potato buns and some combination of bacon, ketchup, mustard, mayo, ranch, black olives and pickles.

RedSpikeyThing
12-10-2007, 08:38 PM
My favorite burger atthe moment is a bit of a nontraditional twist...

Sounds good! :thumbup:

Stumprrp
12-11-2007, 09:15 AM
viking - yours sounds fantastic!!!

i have to say i got johnny rockets yesterday, rocket double with added hickory bacon, that was REALLY good!

Cirino83
12-11-2007, 09:38 AM
johnny rockets is awesome....you HAVE TO get the chili cheese fries too though.

Some good ideas in here, although I'm more of a basic cheeseburger or double with bacon and ketchup, unless I'm feeling sassy.

MrWebb78
12-11-2007, 09:40 AM
NO FAST FOOD? NAZI.

That's the best part of hamburgers. You can get em anywhere.

Fuddrucker's has a 1lb Cheesburger about the size of my head.
Red onions,cheddar,mayo,ketchup, avocado,Tomaters.

Most of you don't know what you are missing but it's not fair to call
In n' out's 4x4 fast food.

Pickles are awful.
Jalapenos, pineapple, avocado is a must, there's no wrong way to eat a hamburger. Unless you put Fungus on it. I HATE mushrooms.

have you ever eaten at the Squeeze Inn? I think it's on Fruitridge. I lterally came after eating one.

BBB
12-11-2007, 05:03 PM
1 lb ground sirloin
1 egg
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Lawrey's seasoning salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 white onion, chopped finely
Blue cheese chunks

Mix first 6 ingredients by hand in large bowl. Gently form four patties. Place a chunk of blue cheese in the center of each patty. Cook on grill, 4 minutes each side. Top with lettuce, tomato, and spicy brown mustard - on a whole wheat or sourdough bun.

Killa Kurt
12-11-2007, 06:51 PM
1 lb ground sirloin
1 egg
1 tbs worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Lawrey's seasoning salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/2 white onion, chopped finely
Blue cheese chunks

Mix first 6 ingredients by hand in large bowl. Gently form four patties. Place a chunk of blue cheese in the center of each patty. Cook on grill, 4 minutes each side. Top with lettuce, tomato, and spicy brown mustard - on a whole wheat or sourdough bun.

Yeah, you can make me a couple of these...hold the mustard though.

McIrish
12-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Yeah, you can make me a couple of these...hold the mustard though.

:withstupi:

Those look fantastic, BBB! Can't wait to try them out.

TopCat
12-11-2007, 08:43 PM
What a mistake reading this thread... especially Viking's post

Every post in this thread makes me want to run off and eat a burger with everything on it. Mmmmhmm one more day and off this silly diet (medically required atm)

BBB
12-12-2007, 06:03 AM
I'm so having a burger this weekend.

KingWilder
12-12-2007, 06:08 AM
Triple prime burger at ruby tuesday's.

not worth the price, but pretty good

I like Red Robin since they have about 30 different burgers to choose from

that being said, I'd say mostly I eat

medium
cheese
pickle