PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

Dorikin69
12-10-2007, 01:37 PM
I just ate my breakfast and was calculating the calorie totals, the number I came up just doesn't make sense, is this right or healthy? I am currently trying to bulk right now, and what I am about to describe is the typical shake that I consume an average of twice a day.

2c milk, 1c oats, 1/2c ground almonds, 2 scoops protein powder= 970 cals.

The "real food" consisted of 1 large orange, 1 cup yoghurt, 1 cup granola, and a whole wheat bagel= 900 calories.

total= 1870 calories.

This is a pretty average meal for me and I plan on consuming something similar for breakfast the next few months. Is it healthy to consume this much oats, granola, wheat bagels and the such on a daily basis during a bulk?

BFGUITAR
12-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Why not?

Oats, granola and wheat bread all contain complex carbs, fiber, some protein, and B vitamins. Whats not healthy about it?

Dorikin69
12-10-2007, 02:34 PM
Well I guess I just didn't know if it was unhealthy for such a high percentage of my caloric intake to come from complex carbs. I just assumed eating to much from one group might cause undue stress on the liver. Also, is there some sort of limit to how many calories you body can observe from one meal? For instance, if I consumed 1800 cals in the span of half an hour, is a portion of it just going to be wasted?

BFGUITAR
12-10-2007, 03:03 PM
Well I guess I just didn't know if it was unhealthy for such a high percentage of my caloric intake to come from complex carbs. I just assumed eating to much from one group might cause undue stress on the liver. Also, is there some sort of limit to how many calories you body can observe from one meal? For instance, if I consumed 1800 cals in the span of half an hour, is a portion of it just going to be wasted?

Our bodies are every efficient. We still have old bodies meaning our bodies havent changed very much over the past 100 000 years. Often back in the day when humans ate, it was either very small meals on the go or huge ones consisting of well over 2000 calories of fat and protein from animals. You digest every you eat. Dont forget, a 2000 calorie meal can take 6-7 hours to digest. Your not wasting anything.

Stress on the liver? How does eating too much carbs affect your liver?

trim_jim
12-18-2007, 03:22 AM
For me, your diet plan is healthy, so just continue. Oats, wheat bagel, granola are enough food that are healthy in diet plans.

AKMass
12-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Sounds like an awesome breakfast to me...Doesn't get a whole lot healthier either. I just wish my breakfasts were that big.

Dorikin69
12-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Yea It is quite tasty, and, you can actually throw all of that in a blender and it makes a bomb shake.

samadhi_smiles
12-20-2007, 02:04 PM
I eat almost every morning:
1 glass milk
2 servings yogurt
1 scoop whey

then an hour later:
bowl of whole grains (oats, cereals, whatev)
glass of milk
scoop of whey
glass of orange juice
banana
can of tuna
multivitamin
5g creatine